Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:15 PM   #1
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Angry Mgs 1 Snake

Spoiler: show
HIS MISSIONS SUCK ASS!!! Actually I love it, it's just freaking hard-core, or I just suck at this game. I've completed 100% of the missions with all Snakes and Raidens, but hell, this is giving me hard time. I'm enjoying it a lot, though.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:09 PM   #2
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
You on about substance?
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:41 PM   #3
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

You on about substance?
I on about substance, yes (lmao)

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:48 PM   #4
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
You Ok Frozen?.....
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:41 PM   #5
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Yes, I'm OK, thank you I posted a very possible spoiler for people who is playing all the missions in Substance, so I marked it as a spoiler. Although now that I think about it, I think I screwed up with the title

So, have you finished all of the missions yet, Makg?

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:29 PM   #6
MakgSnake

No, I havn't been playing Substance that much.....the only time I play Substance is to finish the game again and again.

I love the gameplay and all but its the story I crave for.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 05:05 AM   #7
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

EXACTLY!

Everytime I play substance, I cant resist starting a new game.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:31 PM   #8
Dark Angel
[space filler]

Dark Angel is on a distinguished road
Same here, I think I've only done a pitiful 15% of the Missions as I keep playing the story part of the game. Well until yesterday when I wiped my Substance data!! Thank god the missions stuff was on a different save.... It wasn't too bad as I haven't played Substance that much I was only getting dogtags, had them all up to Shell 2 on Normal, but it's a pain to have go through it all again....
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #9
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Quote:

No, I havn't been playing Substance that much.....the only time I play Substance is to finish the game again and again.

Then why did you bother buying this game and just kept playing SOL instead? Seems like a lame waste of money to me.

I'm actually saving the GAME for later, after I'm done 100% with the missions. Right now I'm 92% but the missions with this guy are really afreaking pain in the ass to complete. But thus I have learned many things I did not use or did not know how to use before: like grenades without grenade luncher. It's a pain in the ass to land them in the right spot. And it has helped me develop another many sneaking techniques I never thought of.

Play it niggas.

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #10
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen

Then why did you bother buying this game and just kept playing SOL instead? Seems like a lame waste of money to me.

Not if you're a fan.
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM   #11
Dark Angel
[space filler]

Dark Angel is on a distinguished road
Well said
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 08:29 AM   #12
SplinterJD

SplinterJD is on a distinguished road
aye too true I play it when I get the chance and always have a shot at the main game and i've done about 38% of the missions cant be stuffed sitting down to do them all takes too much time.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 11:46 AM   #13
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Quote:

Not if you're a fan.
So being a fan just means to buy all the possible products associated to your fanaticism? Pffft. :\

It's sad to see how many people talk of themselves as fans but don't actually get into the thing... just pretend to.

Kojima made this god damned game for the fans, indeed, but then he also meant for THE FANS to play all of the new stuff he put into the game, otherwise he would not have even bothered in adding all those missions and mini games, instead, just released the same game with a different game.

You consider yourself a fan? Think again.

Old Jul 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #14
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

So being a fan just means to buy all the possible products associated to your fanaticism? Pffft. :\

It's sad to see how many people talk of themselves as fans but don't actually get into the thing... just pretend to.

Kojima made this god damned game for the fans, indeed, but then he also meant for THE FANS to play all of the new stuff he put into the game, otherwise he would not have even bothered in adding all those missions and mini games, instead, just released the same game with a different game.

Quote:
You must really consider what you are saying, if you're a fan you buy both, SOB and Subtance, and I never said I dont play the other parts of the game (VR mision, Snakkes Tails, Special Missions etc etc), becuase I do!
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #15
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm a hardcore fan mainly because I CRAVE THE SNAKE!@

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 11:25 PM   #16
MakgSnake

Quote:

Did you know why Kojima created "Substance" .... it was a demand by "Non-MGS" fans. People who wanted to play and just play. Metal Gear fans enjoyed and loved "Sons Of Liberty". I became a Metal Gear Fan because of its storyline, because of its dialouges and its music and its surrounding. If it wasn't for Kojima, Metal Gear could have been just like "Splinter Cell". But no....it had emotional scenes, character developments, theme songs. Substance is just pure gameplay, no story. I have been playing "Substance" VR Levels.....but its the LIFE OF SOLID SNAKE that intrest me.

I just bought Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on the PC, and havn't even opened it.....probably wont. It'll be a decoration piece in my room. Plus, even if I tried, it wont work on my PC. The requirments are very high. Being a "FAN" doesn't mean playing everything, or how quickly. Its knowing what you love...and I can say, I know what I LOVE.

People have played Substance and finished it too..... but that wont make them a bigger FAN then anyone else. Just because you are finishing various levels quickly, doesn't make you a great FAN, it DOES make you a good gamer, but not a bigger fan. There is a difference.

And being a fan means supporting what you love. I am HUGE fan of Mr Hideo Kojima, so buying a Metal Gear product means giving him the money, so that he can make better and bigger products.

Supporting what I love, what I am a fan of.

Metal Gear, the grestest series ever created.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:07 AM   #17
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

Did you know why Kojima created "Substance" .... it was a demand by "Non-MGS" fans. People who wanted to play and just play. Metal Gear fans enjoyed and loved "Sons Of Liberty". I became a Metal Gear Fan because of its storyline, because of its dialouges and its music and its surrounding. If it wasn't for Kojima, Metal Gear could have been just like "Splinter Cell". But no....it had emotional scenes, character developments, theme songs. Substance is just pure gameplay, no story. I have been playing "Substance" VR Levels.....but its the LIFE OF SOLID SNAKE that intrest me.

I just bought Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on the PC, and havn't even opened it.....probably wont. It'll be a decoration piece in my room. Plus, even if I tried, it wont work on my PC. The requirments are very high. Being a "FAN" doesn't mean playing everything, or how quickly. Its knowing what you love...and I can say, I know what I LOVE.

People have played Substance and finished it too..... but that wont make them a bigger FAN then anyone else. Just because you are finishing various levels quickly, doesn't make you a great FAN, it DOES make you a good gamer, but not a bigger fan. There is a difference.

And being a fan means supporting what you love. I am HUGE fan of Mr Hideo Kojima, so buying a Metal Gear product means giving him the money, so that he can make better and bigger products.

Dont want to break anyone's love for this game, mine niether, but some news has broke out that Kojima does not even write the FG story line!.!.! OMG! thats why millions of people envy this guy, even top game devlopers, I dont want to believe this, the story is big (read) it's not on the net, so im going to analyse it more and post exactly.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:34 AM   #18
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Quote:

I DO consider myself a good gamer even though nothing great. Now, I HAVE NEVER SAID that I am a great FAN, and you probably remember that. I do love MGS but I don't share that fanatic feeling of "just buying all sorts of products from the same shit cuz I'm a fan"

You guys only sound like fans of SNAKE, the character, not the MGS games as a whole.

A TRUE fan would both buy the games and finish them from inside out.

Because you don't support game developers just by buying their shit. You make their job have a real meaning by playing throughout all what they did, for you, the consumer, buyer, fan, whatever.

So yeah, I won't hide it, and it's probably very stupid from my part, but I feel very disappointed at all of you (mainly Makg and Dan) for not playing the missions. What can I say?

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #19
dan da man
Talk to the hand

I have played the mission on subtance, That's what I bought the DAMN game for, MakgSnake has MOST probally play the extra missions in Substance, But the game came out ages ago, so me and maybe MakgSanke and Dark Angel have stop playing them, but play the story mode instead! If people cant do that or even FANS, then we just ignore people saying what we dont do, when I have and probally so the guy's have done, MakgSanke made a statement saying he cant stop playing the story (tanker/plant), and me and Dark Angel said us too, where the hell does that say we don't play all the extra stuff in Subtance?!?!?
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #20
MakgSnake

Quote:

MakgSanke made a statement saying he cant stop playing the story (tanker/plant), and me and Dark Angel said us too, where the hell does that say we don't play all the extra stuff in Subtance?!?!?
Its cool Dan, may be Frozen just needs to read the posts more carefully in the future. It could be an honest mistake.

Oh by the way, where did you hear that Kojima didn't write the storyline?.....Because its because of Kojima, the storyline of Sons Of Liberty was what it is now. Its because of him, Raiden made an appearance. ........ I dont know where you heard that from though. I would wanna go deep into that to find out if thats true.