Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:29 AM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Watch them more than once!

Are there anime series you have watched more than once? Which ones? What is that makes you want to see anime more than once? The story, the animation, the characters, the genre or what?

Would you watch a series you didn't like very much again to give it a second chance?
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #2
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Definetly I would watch a series more than once. I do that. I don't know how many times I've seen Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, & Tenchi in Tokyo. I love that series! It was mainly the first anime I saw and was what really got me into watching anime.So I owe it all to the creators of Tenchi. The storyline is great. The shows always make me laugh and the animation to me is nice and smooth. I really like it. One series I would like to see again is Outlaw Star. I would have to say that series was my favorite. I hope they show it again. That show had a lot of action and fighting. Also G Gundam. I've seen that series many times also. I love anime. I could watch it all day, over and over. If I didnt like a series I would watch it again. I'll see if there was something I missed that could have made the show more better.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #3
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by REChick14

Definetly I would watch a series more than once. I do that. I don't know how many times I've seen Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, & Tenchi in Tokyo. I love that series! It was mainly the first anime I saw and was what really got me into watching anime.So I owe it all to the creators of Tenchi. The storyline is great. The shows always make me laugh and the animation to me is nice and smooth. I really like it. One series I would like to see again is Outlaw Star. I would have to say that series was my favorite. I hope they show it again. That show had a lot of action and fighting. Also G Gundam. I've seen that series many times also. I love anime. I could watch it all day, over and over. If I didnt like a series I would watch it again. I'll see if there was something I missed that could have made the show more better.
You and me are probably the few that actually thought the Tenchi ssries was actually intersting(I am still waiting to find out what happens after
Spoiler: show
Tenchi defeats the guy who was supposed to marry Aika.

Outlaw star was great and G Gundam is the second best Gundam series I've seen, the best was Gundam Wing.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Yes of course I would watch a series more than once and have. I mostly watch a bunch of the ones I own over and over again and this usually happens when I'm addicted to the series. Once my "obsession" dies down a bit, I might not see it for a while.
And yes, I would watch a series a second time to see if I like it. Like Evangelion...I didn't like it at all the first time I saw it and I just recently got into it and I think it's very good. (Maybe because I also saw the dub the first time too and sub the second time. )
I think what draws people to watch a series over and over again is probably the characters and their relation to them. Like how similar the characters are to the viewer. Also, another factor would be the story....stories such as fantasy, action and so on...many people have dreamed or enjoy such things as a child. And to see a story like that really can make that person just go nuts and really enjoy watching the anime again.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #5
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I have seen MSG 8th MS team but I don't think I'd watch it again for a long time. I guess you could say I saw DBZ twice.(as far as the dubs have gone at least)
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:46 PM   #6
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Its not what I have watched more than once, its what I want to watch again. Right off the top, Outlaw Star. That is one of my fave animes. I liked the battle seens in space, I espeshally liked the last 2 eps, they kicked ass. But I cant watch that all the time cuz the satalight that gets Cartoon Network is in my parents room, and I cant go in there whenever I feel like it... Others are Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, and Hellsing.
I havent yet seen all of Cowboy Bebop cuz its on the satlelight that gets Cartoon Network, Gundam Wing I can watch occasionally, Ive seen that one through a few times. And Hellsing Ive watch through twice, and Ill watch again a few more times. Ied also like to see Escaflowne again, its too bad YTV took it off the air... and I cant find it on any other channel.
I watch all them for the action seens ofcorse!
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:03 PM   #7
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I haven't seen outlawstar twice, I've only watched certain parts of it the second chance I got.
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:23 AM   #8
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Sometimes I have the feeling that even if I didn't like a series, I'd probably like it with some more time: so I watch it again. And I'm usually right. I used to hate some of the anime I love the most now (like Trigun for example), but I wanted to give them a second chance.

I watch the series I love more than once. I can watch anime several times. As meryl said, till the obsession dies a bit.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #9
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
I have seen all the anime that i owne at least three times each. except for the last movie i got, bio hunter, i've only watched twice. And shows on cartoon network i'll only watch a second time if it was really good, and then i buy it on dvd, so i end up watching it three or four times. Like outlaw star and cowboy bebop. But others like tenchi universe and muyo, i watched a few times, because those were the first animes i really got into. Then i was ble to borrow the subbed vhs versiuons from a friend of mine. That made it all the better, even though i hated the fact that it was subbed, but she convinced me that it was a better was to watch anime, then i realized that she was right.

A few movies on encore action channel i've seen a couple of times. But usually just because it was on, and nothing beats anime. But what makes me watch an anime more than once is usually story line, if it's complex, or has an epic storyu, then i'll always watch it again, much like ff gamers do with final fantasy. It's long, epic, and always fun till the end. But, if it lacks the above, then as long as the main character is a bad ass, and shows it by going ape sh/t on his weaker foes, then it's always worth watching again.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #10
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I don't think I'd watch Mobile Suit Gundam ar the others I've seen that I don't really like watching because I could never get into them the same way as G Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam.
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 11:06 AM   #11
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
If I can, I watch them more than once, when I'm interested or "obsessed" by a series, like meryl and Rei said. When I'm not anymore into a certain series, I forget about it for some time. There are series I couldn't watch more than once, but I'd like to.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:23 PM   #12
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
Right now I'm hooked on everything that has to do with UC Gundam...and I want to get the movie trilogy of Mobile Suit Gundam, then I'll probably watch it like 5 times...then I'll get some other Gundam DVD's and what not...then I'll have to wait for Zeta Gundam and ZZ Gundam and...darn. It's going to be forever before the entire Universal Century storyline is available in the US.
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote