Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
Dreamin' about FFXII

Like most of you know... Final Fantasy XII won't be online... So, I was wonderin' what you guys ( and girls ) were hopin' to see in this next chapter in Final Fantasy history ?
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2002, 11:01 PM   #2
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Hey, Q... can you make your font a bit bigger please. I'm afraid I can't see...

Anyway, well... to tell the truth, I was quite disappointed with FF9 and FFX. Ok, I thought FF9 was just crappy and well, FFX was so... plain, you know ?
I don't even think I'll play FF11 since it's 'online' and whatever.
What I'm saying is that I hope the FF games don't go down in scale.
I'd like to see multiple endings. You know... like, you can save the world in one and there's another ending in which you can't. I'd think that'd be cool, and maybe if they'd go back to the medieval times since I personally liked that.

Oh, yeah... I'd also like to see the main guy not like the main female character for once...
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 09:59 AM   #3
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by goodman
Id like to see Square take a year off of Final Fantasy and develop some other games, if thats any kinda help!!
Me too. I'd like to have some other games from them, apart from FF ones, like Vagrant Story or Chrono Cross... something like that, different from the mainstream of their usual games. Then, I'd like them to come back to FF games with some innovations and more freedom for the player, knowing there will be an online game (FFXI) I expect them to improve this aspect. I'm disappointed by FFX too, because I was expecting a different game, with better enhancements and novelties. I was bored by that game, frankly.
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 02:10 PM   #4
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
its kinda weird, but theres a kind of air of disapointment around FFXII forums, that we still have nothing about it... even after TGS2002, where it was supposed to be shown (but then, wasn't everything?). I'm looking foward to FFXII as much as everyone else, but then i really really enjoyed IX, really enjoyed X and am actually looking foward to XI... so i'm not like you lot at all :p

anyways... what i'd like to see? a female main character. females who aren't weak (i think X is the worst game in that respect) and a game in the series where you finally get more than 3 female main characters... aside from my feminist rambling the main character shouldn't use a sword (scythes are going to be the in thing after FFXI anyway ^_^) shouldn't have an overworld (but should be easier to get around than 90% of FFX) should have more than a few characters, all good (like FFVI or FFT) and perhaps we could even have good voice acting? and some easier customisable characters (summons are far too "one character only at the mo") - maybe they should even bring some classic elements back like the crystals and the job class system thingy?

Edit: just to be clear, a "weak" female would be a thief, or magic-only caster. oh and a worse crime than making them all weak, is making them strong, but dressing and making them look like hookers = bad bad bad = tifa lockheart
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:29 PM   #5
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
I think artist is right: a female main character would be cool. But I would like to see someone like Terra or Celes, not like Garnet or Yuna, who are really weak characters from many poits of view. And the male character with a sword? Too typical! Let's try something different
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:09 PM   #6
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Hey ! I don't know why, but that just gave me an idea...

Don't you think it would be cool if you could, in Final Fantasy XII, get a job ! ( that's not all ) Since it would be in a kind of 'robotic past', like most of the FF games... it would be awesome if you could benefit from your job !

I'll explain:
Let's say you manage to become a blacksmith... When you spend time workin', you become stronger ( for example )... If you get a job as a magicial apprentice... you become better with magic and so on... what do ya think ?

Oh ! ... and your character's appearance woul change dependin' on what kind of job they do.

BTW, Sorry for the size of my font... it's actually not big at all... you just need to get the same font as me in order to see it. Try to get:
Informal Roman
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:33 PM   #7
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Square is workin on other RPG's by the way...another Chrono installment is in fact being made and an RPG called Unlimited Saga is also in development I believe so its not just FF's.

I'd like to see the main character be a badass like Auron instead of someone spunky for a change. Or like Mena said maybe not such a happy ending. I'd also like to see improved battle systems that involve the strategy of FFX and yet has the freedom of say Grandia 2 perhaps? Flashier graphics, more voice acting, and a well rounded and developed cast of characters. Lots of nonstop action and not such a linear story this time (FFX)

That's what I'm lookin for
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 07:34 PM   #8
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

... yeah. ( sorry, that's all I can think of right now )

Come on people... this is not a rant thread against Final Fantasy games ! It's a thread about what you want to see in the next game !

Well, one thing I want is to get most ( if not all ) the characters really early in the game ( like in Final Fantasy X )... That way, we can learn more about them throughout the game. I hated the fact that you got Amarant on the 3rd freakin' cd in FFIX !
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:51 PM   #9
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

I disagree with the character thing actually... I think its better to have them all spread out (particuraly if you're given a character you've had to battle against, talk to or otherwise interact with wayy before you get them - kind of like Auron or Rikku in FFX)... theres no real handicap in doing so, because you don't really get disadvantaged characters and you get a better story by the end of it (worst are FFs 1 and 3j - you create your entire party at the begining = ouch)

Oh and Qjij_jijQ, your job idea is a great one... but its more or less already in FFXI (synthesis skills - you join guilds and are able to do neat things like cooking, fishing, sewing, armour-making and such, so you can either use the stuff you make, or sell it to other players) ... perhaps it will make it in, in some form in XII.

... and FFXI isn't unpopular. i know no-one has actually said that, but square never intended it to be a particuarly wide market - it has met with considerable success in japan, despite all the problems though... so if you're thinking of knocking it, please don't. because... umm.... because!

Finally, if theres one thing they should keep from FFX, that'd be the character swapping in battle thingy. Its kinda harsh on the player that in the early FFs, you'd end up using an eighth of the characters you leveled up on the final boss.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:32 AM   #10
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Oh ! I really hated the fact that you got Amarant so late in FFIX ! It's one of the reasons why I was a bit dissapointed by it...

I mean... it's 'okay' not to get them as soon as you start... but the 3rd CD ?!? That's just wrong... A few hours into the game should be enough ( i.e.: 5 hours max ).
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:31 PM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ

I mean... it's 'okay' not to get them as soon as you start... but the 3rd CD ?!? That's just wrong... A few hours into the game should be enough ( i.e.: 5 hours max ).
geez you must really miss amarant (hey but he's pretty damned cool... especailly when he doesn't get on with Freija ^_^) as you get him on the 2nd disc ^_^ (before kuja attacks Brahne at Iifa tree)
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:52 PM   #12
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

No, that's the thing... because of that, I really don't like him. He's one of the character with the least depth I have ever seen...
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:21 PM   #13
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Yeah he had very little depth...but that's what made him so mysterious and cool

Only Amarant can pimp the locks and get away with it!
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:26 AM   #14
Darkness 4 Hire
Hero of Darkness

Darkness 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Only Amarant can pimp the locks and get away with it!
Amarant was horrible. His locks were about the only cool thing about him.

And back to the topic of the thread...Final Fantasy XII

I want a overworld, FFX yet awesome lacked the overworld! The main character has to be DarK!! No more Tidus girly crap, i want a dark, pimp of a main chacacter! And finally i want a Real villian, some one i can really hate!
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 02:32 PM   #15
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

D4H I thought you liked Tidus?

But yeah I want a real villain, no kuja or anything, he was just a pansy. I want the personality of kefka in a cool Sephiroth exterior!
Old Oct 14th, 2002, 06:11 AM   #16
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Yeah, but if the villain looks like Sephiroth... people might complain of lack of what I like to call: originality

I want a badass that is even worse than Sephiroth... I know this might be hard to try to imagine, but I'd like it if people, when they see him/her think he/she could kick Sephiroth's butt like it was nothin' !