Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 09:48 PM   #1
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Perverted Justice.com

https://www.perverted-justice.com/

I had some free time today so I read through some of the "cases" and their follow ups on the forums. I have come to the conclusion that the people pursuing these apparent pedophiles may have far greater mental disorders than those they hound. When they're not patting themselves on the back in the forums they're out plastering flyers for "pedophiles" around town in which my only guess is an attempt to add importance to their otherwise dull and vapid lives. All this is done under the guise of protecting children, which in its true form is a noble cause, but I don't believe they protect children at all. If anything they bust the hopelessly stupid pedophiles that would have either gotten caught with out them or never molested a child anyways.

The methods in which these busts are obtained are highly questionable. How many young girls (or boys for that matter) go on the internet and actively accept invitations from much older men for sex after only talking for a few minutes? I think America's youth deserves a little more credit than that. It's not like there's an epidemic of young children actively trying to have sex with old men on the internet, in fact I think you'd find that most children find pedophilia disgusting. Not to mention the many cases of baiting I’ve seen in the few chat logs I’ve read.

This post is in no way a defense for the men who have illicit conversations with who they may or may not believe is a child, it is more of a slam against the Perverted Justice staff and forum members who are delusional enough to believe that they are protecting children. They do all this despite the fact that they have not a single case proving that they have saved even one child from molestation. In fact, I don’t think most of them even do it for the reason they state, it seems more like they get some sort of sick satisfaction from bringing a “pedophile” down, even though outside of a single chat log they have no proof that this individual is indeed a pedophile.

These pseudo detectives have the ability to do a great deal of damage to someone’s life and it’s only a matter of time before they screw up and fuck over an innocent man. I’ve seen many cases on their forums where they initially peg the wrong person, luckily they didn’t jump the gun and start contacting their neighbors informing them of a pedophile in the neighborhood but mark my words, sooner or later it will happen.

Until I see concrete evidence that children are safer and it’s because of Perverted Justice my stance will remain the same. These people aren’t noble vigilantes, they’re bored housewives and wormy geeks who share a penchant for something they’ve probably never had in real life: power.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #2
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
I see your stance on this topic. While this website Perverted Justice is trying to do something right, the way they are going about this is all wrong. Someone might end up being innocent, but one of their staff won't care enough and end up making life for that person hard.

Also, I know that the ratio to men and women being pedophiles is substancually higher being male, but there are women out there that do the exact same things. They are just targeting men.

I like to see people like these guys trying to do something about this, but these people are not law enforcment. They aren't part of our judical system. They aren't senators or president elects. They are just citizens overstepping their bounds.

I have full faith in the law. There are limits to it of course, I'm not blind to see it. The only thing these people have the power of doing is causing fear to rise in the neighbors/family of these men, guilty or innocent. Let the police, judges, and jury make the decisions about who is guilty or innocent. Leave it to Congress to make laws. Thats why we have them.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:50 AM   #3
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Exactly. Despite what these people would like to believe, it takes a little more than a chat log to diagnose someone with severe sexual perversion. But that doesn't stop them from informing everyone they can that this man/woman, is in fact, a pedophile. If they were really concerned they would turn their information over to the cops the second they obtained it (not only if it's requested, how they currently operate) and let the people who actually have the power to physically remove these people from society work on it.

In this country there is something called due process, which is a fundamental right of every American when accused with a crime, and these people are effectively denying that to certain citizens.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jul 29th, 2004 at 12:53 AM..
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote