PDA

View Full Version : Okay, So I'm finally going to buy myself a PS2 - Advice needed

Faile
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Lazy I know. I have a gamecube and XBox and PC but for some reason never bought a PS2. Something to do with lacking money I think. However, finally I Shall be throwing myself into a greater range of games. So what exactly should I buy ?

I already have a copy of Silent Hill 2 that I found cheap in london (yes, even before I have the console). What else would you (the people) suggest ?

Nelo Angelo
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Soild 2

Faile
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Old school titles there. Yeah, MSG2 was on my list. I like the fluidity of Devil May Cry but I'm not sure if there is enough there to hold my attention. May check it out anyway. Thanks !

kupoartist
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X (I'm not a fan, but you may like it better than I) and Disgaea: Hour of Darkness may be good choices for any RPG urges. I have to be honest and say that I never really put my PS2 to good use, having 4 games in total.

Nelo Angelo
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Old school titles there. Yeah, MSG2 was on my list. I like the fluidity of Devil May Cry but I'm not sure if there is enough there to hold my attention. May check it out anyway. Thanks !

Heh, you could always play on a higher diffculty when you beat it(DMC).

Forgot to recommend some others:

Dynasty Warriors 4
Samurai Warriors
Xenosaga

Vic Viper
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM
what kind of games do you like to play ?

Infernal Mass
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece, it truly is a great game to own.

Silent Hill 3 too

Faile
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:29 PM
what kind of games do you like to play ?

Anything really. Anything that holds my attention anyway. My favourite games of all time are Final Fantasy VI, VII, Metal Gear Solid, the Monkey Island series (and loom!) and Mario Kart. Having said that I haven't played any of the recent Zelda games but will do as soon.

Bogart
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Hey Faile, you are on this great website, why don't you take a look also at the reviews and order them by vote? Anyhow, my suggestion, that probably nobody else will give you, mostly because many didn't play the game: buy Drakan: The Ancients' Gates. It's one of the most massive, exciting, underestimated adventure games on PlayStation 2. It has some RPG elements, and it is a constant surprise if you like the fantasy genre! It should also cost a few bucks now, but it still looks and feels like one of the best adventure games of this generation.

merylsilverburg
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Ah, well...if you like sports, I would highly recommend the "SSX" snowboarding series (I really like number 3, though 1 is the classic). And I would get "Tony Hawk's Underground/THUG"...it's ten times more fun than the other Tony Hawk games, though I would say give those a try if you haven't (number 3 is pretty bad though).
One other game that no one has really played but I love is "Gitaroo Man"...it's a music rhythm game like "Parappa the Rapper", "Bust-A-Groove", etc. But, don't really buy it yet unless you're sure you like it 'cause not many people do.

Faile
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I'm one the (few) lucky people that has a copy of Um Jammer Lammy (it took me years to find it. I presume its kinda rare).

I'm still unsure of what to get. Thanks for your great suggestions. I think tomorrow I'll go pick up my ps2 and decide what games to choose. Thanks for your help!

Billyum7
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:22 AM
Grand theft auto III grand theft auto vice city and in 17 days grand theft auto san andreas! also if u get a ethernet thing on the back of yours get socomII..

Rix Terranus
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Star Wars Battlefront is awesome, really worth trieing.

If you're particularly sold on RPGs, give Dark Chronicle ago. You won't regret it.

All the extra peripheral games are fantastic too (Singstar, Dancing Stage, Time Crisis).

~Desi~
Oct 5th, 2004, 09:49 AM
I just got my ps2 like 3 days ago, and i have no clue what games that i should look into. Lik ei'm into the whole rpg and action thing. i just bought The Hobbit and so far it looks like a pretty decent game.