Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Dec 17th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #1
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
The King Has Returned!!!! LOTR

OMG!!! This movie was sooooooo fricken good. I won't say anything about it just yet, seing how mnay haven't gotten the chance to see it I'm sure, but it was great. The ending was far from the letdown that everyone predicted, and the ending credits were soo neat. The characters never let down once throughout the entire trilogy, and gimmly was funny as hell once again.

Anyone want to comment on movie, which i'm sure many of you do, feel free. help spread the hype of this wonderous film.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #2
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
awesome

I'm goin to see it again this saturday

if you see all 3 back to back you'll understand how great the trilogies really is

from the NY Daily news

"By itself, "Return" is a great movie. As a whole trilogy, it ranks as one of the most important film events in history

four out of four stars"

already being seen as a contender for best movie of the year Academy-wise, and some critics are demanding that if it doesnt win...the academy should create an award to honor it. Believe the hype.

Peter Jackson was already approached to create 'The Hobbit', but thats still not looking like it'll happen since Tolkiens heir doesnt want to sell it.

great movie, go see it NOW...I COMMANND YOU
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 02:02 PM   #3
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
It was amazing. Nothing more I can say than that.

I cannot wait for the extended edition. I think that will cause me to go insane upon release.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 02:54 PM   #4
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
simply orgasmic
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #5
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
the extended a edition must be other-worldly

not sure what it'll come with though, maybe a nazgul statue or somethin (hopes)
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 05:09 PM   #6
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
The one and only bad thing about this movie (Besides an ending that SORT OF dragged on) was that it was the last one. How will any other movies be able to stack up to these masterpeices ?.

Id praise the movie to no end but theres not alot more to be said that hasnt been here. Return has unseated Gladiator as my fav movie of all time. Quite Simply, an Epic Masterpiece . I never thought any movies would blow away the star wars trilogy...I was wrong.

And on a special note id like to point out that this movie accomplished something that is a rarity in action movies IMO . They actually mixed humor in and did it well. The lines of humor didnt deminish the seriousness of the situations or come off as corny. And best of all they were actually funny

The thing that set this movie apart as the best of the 3 to me was this. One of the best things in the LOTR movies are the moments of triumph. If youve seen them you know what I mean. For example when Gandoph rode in with an army and saved the day in the previous movie. Anyway...its those hair raising moments that I enjoyed the most and Return of the King was full of them.

I cant wait to snatch up the trilogy box set when its released. Talk about a hot seller, that things gonna fly off the shelves

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Dec 17th, 2003 at 05:11 PM..
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 06:52 PM   #7
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Heh, my brother just called and invited me to go see it. That will go on record as the first time ive ever seen the same movie twice in one day. But if any movies ever been worth it....its this one

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 07:19 PM   #8
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
LOTR

Aww yess the Lord of The Rings movies are great. I remember seeing the first one. I went with my family and that movie blew me away. Everyone loved it so much that we made a promise to see the second one in the movies again and we did. The second one to me was even better than the first. I like the romantic side of the movie between the elvish girl and the guy. Im having a memory block and can't remember the names. Forgive me! We made a promise to see this one so hopefully I'll see it soon. I can't wait!
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #9
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Just got back from seing it a second time and I must say, it was better the second time because you could realax more and really appreciate the effects and what not.

The strange thing was...I saw it at a rather small old theatre the second time and for one reason or another they cut out certain parts. Here and there I noticed they had completely left out small clips such as when Gandolph told Marry (Or was it Pippin ?) not to let him down or whatever when he was climbing to light the beacon (I dont think that was a spoiler). Ive never really heard of there being versions where such insignificant clips were left out.

The following could be concidered a spoiler I guess. But not much of one...read at your own risk

There was another scene where Aragorn and company called out the dark lord at the black gate towards the end of the movie. In it they call him out once and get no response. Then they move in closer and call him out again. In the second version I saw they started out right by the gate . They completely cut out the part where they first called him out.

Anyone know of a possible reason for this ?

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #10
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I like the romantic side of the movie between the elvish girl and the guy. Im having a memory block and can't remember the names.
Their names are Aragorn and Arwen.

Let me just say that as a movie The Return of the King is good. I enjoyed it. But to me it’s just a rip off J.R.R. Tolkiens Return of the King. Sure it is a beautiful movie. The backgrounds are amazing and the characters gorgeous. But when you alter a story so much over the course of 10 hours it just doesn't feel right. The ending is shameful to what is written in the book. The battle scenes are inaccurate. They don't even go into depth about the palantir. Beregond is not even mentioned.

I see nothing about this movie that makes it great. What is so great about it? The production of this movie was terrible. There are so many things that go unexplained it is frustrating to see that there is no attempt to try and explain them. Which is amazing considering the movie drags on and on at the end. Never would I have imagined that I would want to leave the theatre during the movie. But I couldn't wait till it was finally over.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #11
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Let me tell ye a tale... I went to see this tues night at the 12 am showing... and i didnt get home till 5am... and i had to be up to work by 530.... But with all the shit that happened afterward i still maintain... damn good choice... i loved this movie as well. the theater i went to was so damn packed i had to sit on the floor!
I was sooo tired at work that while i was operating a press i fell asleep several times and i burned myself on the 500deg plus mold 3 times!
i got the scars to prove it

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #12
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
Let me just say that as a movie The Return of the King is good. I enjoyed it. But to me it’s just a rip off J.R.R. Tolkiens Return of the King. Sure it is a beautiful movie. The backgrounds are amazing and the characters gorgeous. But when you alter a story so much over the course of 10 hours it just doesn't feel right. The ending is shameful to what is written in the book. The battle scenes are inaccurate. They don't even go into depth about the palantir. Beregond is not even mentioned.
I knew someone would wine because it didnt live up to the book. Maybe you should realize that THIS WASNT A FRIGGIN BOOK !. It was a MOVIE. You cant expect a movie to live up to its book or to follow it exactly. It just doesent happen. The movie would have had to have been like 6 hours long and probably packed with boring meaningless dialougue . Get real

I think Peter Jackson, the man that knows the limits of making a movie, who studied the works of Tolkein tirelessly, would know better than you what should and shouldnt have been included from the book.

This movie has EVERYTHING that makes a great movie regaurdless of whatever crap they left out from the book. Obviously it wasnt needed because they still told the story well and produced 3 great epics. Maybe the book was better...they usually are better than movies...but that doesent mean that the movie was any worse.

You have every right to think the movie wasnt great...but what kind of half assed reasons are those

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:05 PM   #13
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think Peter Jackson, the man that knows the limits of making a movie, who studied the works of Tolkein tirelessly, would know better than you what should and shouldnt have been included from the book.
Well there goes every movie critic’s job. I have read The Lord of the Rings many times. I've also read most of his other works. I know what is significant and what is not. There were significant things left out. There were not so significant things added. If he studied Tolkien tirelessly then maybe he could have some respect and portray his work more accurately. And if he couldn't do it right then not do it at all. I'm happy he shed some light on Tolkien but it's not like he's going to write more stories.

Please tell me why this movie was so great? Ooooh wow they managed to cram a bunch of people on screen fighting each other not once but twice. There is no plot even mentioned other then if we fail we die if we win we might live. I understand that he could not include everything and because of that he had to alter some things. But was the opening scene needed? That was a waste of at least 5 minutes. The entire movie seemed rushed along, especially the ending. In the first two movies they explained why and when and what (for the most part) and I loved them. This movie was just two battles and one journey. Only it took over 3 hours to end.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:17 PM   #14
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
I agree with what wind said. I never read all the way through, so i don't know about all the crap they changed, but i see what Wind is getting at when he says that the movies are not flawless, and to some points of view, they were hyped a bit too much. I'm obsessed with the movies, and will sooner or later finnish, but i find the movies absolutly flawless. And one must consider, if you were to doi the entire thing in its entirety, well, you'd be makeing at least five long ass movies, with a budget that no one could ever dream of working with. I did kinda feel upset about the fact that they neevr had Tom in there. he's a minor character, and they could ahve slapped him in with all the stuff they did. he's juts sooo damn cool. But oh well, what am i complaining about. I still feel it was great, but i understand why some feel dissapointed with certain aspects of it.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #15
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
the movies are not flawless
Ofcourse theyre not flawless NOTHING is.

Quote:
but i find the movies absolutly flawless
?. First you agree thet they arent flawless then you say they are. I dont quite understand...perhaps im misunderstanding you

Quote:
but I understand why some feel dissapointed with certain aspects of it
Well...you cant please EVERYONE. No matter how good something is there will be people who complain (In the hood we call them haters)

Movies are a completely different entitiy than books. The time restriants are completely different, the effects abilitys are a whole different story, and a million other aspects are different. Expecting a movie to mimic a book completely is rediculous

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 06:04 PM   #16
XXAVIERR
Stick Figure Theatre

XXAVIERR is on a distinguished road
Just went to go see this movie last night. It lived up to my expectations. I thought it was by far the best out of the three. As with all movies, there was at least one thing wrong with it........they didn't have to draw it out as long as they did toward the very end of the movie.

Legolas sliding down mammoth's trunk = CHEESE

Conformity is a weak minded man's way of thinking.
XXAVIERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 07:36 PM   #17
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
they didn't have to draw it out as long as they did toward the very end of the movie.
I agree....I thought ti was over both times they faded top black in the end. It may or may not have been necessary...bust still...it dragged on. Im sure If the movie wasnt allready 3 hours long at that point they would have made a far better ending. Seems like they had to jam alot into it in a short time

Old Dec 21st, 2003, 11:20 PM   #18
neomarik
Dark Angel Knight

neomarik is on a distinguished road
oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i saw it the day after it came out!!!and oh my god!!!! sequals arent usually as good as the originals but this blew away the first two!!! i was on the edge of my seat the whole movie. the action scenes were mind blowing! the ending did darg on a little but everything worked out. and best of all my boy legolas i still the man. i think ill go see it again!!!!!!!!

The time for redemption will come, and all shall be condemed forever into darkness.
neomarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #19
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I got to go see it finally on Christmas day. Took my parents. I would have to say this is one of the most fine examples of cinema of our time. No argument there. Anything great I can say about this movie is an understatement. Everything was breathtaking. Every actor/actress played their role wonderfully and were as much the true heart and soul of this movie as the special effect, cinematography, and musical arrangements. I could write a book on this, but enough have been written on the making of this epic so I won't bore you any longer.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #20
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Unfortunately i couldnt go see it yet;
but i'm dying to ...maybe i'll go tomorrow or so...by reading what you guys said about it the movie seems awesome...
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote