Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Oct 6th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #1
~Desi~

~Desi~ is on a distinguished road
Newbie Anime Watcher

Im a newbie at watchin anime...so I have no clue what to watch....so it woul dbe cool to get some tiutle of some good anime.
~Desi~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 11:54 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
What genres do you like? For example, action, romance, horror, comedies, sci-fi, movies, TV series, OVAs (Original Video Animation), etc.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 09:13 AM   #3
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
I've only been an anime watcher for half a year now, so I know what it feels like to be confronted with lots of names but no idea what to start with. Personally, I'd start with Movies before you go onto actual anime serieses... Even if you find you have no real love of anime whatsoever, you'll almost certainly derive some kind of pleasure out of some of the better films: Anything by Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke probably have the most appeal) works magic on just about anyone i've tried to get interested. Akira and Ghost in the Shell are pretty classy, but probably more limited in appeal. I can also say that Memories and Metropolis are worth watching, though they didn't really do that much for me...

In general when approaching anime series, you should just go for the kind of genres you usually like in non-animated films, like the types of things Meryl listed above. Do experiment a bit though - you may end up liking stuff you didn't think you would
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
you cant go wrong with " Cowboy Bebop ", its on Cartoon Network all the time, be sure to check it out.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #5
baumer

baumer is on a distinguished road
mog

King of Hell is an awesome manga...

Lain: Serial Expiraments is a good series...
baumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #6
Zync

Zync is on a distinguished road
Getbackers and Full metal alchemist is the series im watching right now and i love them so far.
Zync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #7
LrdAlucard
Metalik0r

LrdAlucard is on a distinguished road
If you want movies, and u like vampires. dont miss Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust or Hellsing, if u want to watch a good serie. Blood the last Vampire is ok too...but no as good as VHD ^^

"Its a good night... On nights like these, I crave for blood."
LrdAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 08:11 AM   #8
allmus

allmus is on a distinguished road
majorly late post seeing as how this is more than 4 months old, but anyway.
if your into cute animes checkout love hina(*link deleted*provide a FREE streaming of all 25 episodes with subb's, they use the winamp service to supply it, so just check out winamp and there interent TV option in the program, then the desync server is usually the one with the most people in it)

other good cute ones are onegai teacher/twins, i my me strawberry eggs, and azumanga daioh.
or you can try elfen lied which is also good

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jan 19th, 2005 at 10:53 AM..
allmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #9
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Sorry, no downloading links allowed, so I had to edit your post allmus. And considering the fact that the series of Love Hina is on DVD in the US, that link you provided would be considered illegal downloading anyway.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #10
allmus

allmus is on a distinguished road
ummm, well desync have been showing it for over 1 year now, and they haven;t been asked to take it down, it's totally free, and if it WAS illegal then why would winamp(a offically trademarked company, that has the responablity to remove anything illegal from there system) haven't cut them off?

also, it's internet TV, it's being streamed so people can watch it like any other TV program u get on cable/sky/countries own channels.

u can't(or atleast not normally) save anything getting streamed to you, also it's not dvd quality and it's only the orginal 25 episodes(no movies or love hina again included).

if it was illegal then why has it been able to run successfully for over the past year?
fact is, that what desync is doing isn't illegal, they are providing a free fan sub low quality show with no extras, infact them and them alone must have boosted the sales of the love hina movies and love hina again sales by more than 50%, because everyone watched them there and got addicted to it(atleast that how it worked with me, and then i paid for love hina complete for everything)

also the link to desync should not be considered a downloading link, if anything it's only publicizing another forum, as desync is basically a forum with a news page. the web streaming is completly on winamp, so u can't press anything on that page to start the streaming.
allmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmus
if it was illegal then why has it been able to run successfully for over the past year?
Companies don't have the resources to go around shutting these things down. There's a why bother attitude - it's illegal yes, but why bother. If you shut it down, you've got to shut everything else down, and then people will just come in and replace the site because it's so damned easy to do anyway.

It is illegal because a little thing called copyright law. For that matter, anything that is "unlisenced" is also illegal, no matter what anyone tells you otherwise. Downloading anime, music and the rest is illegal. By all means do it, but don't go all wide eyed and innocent about it and say "but I thought it was legal" because if getting anything available commerically without paying for it doesn't ring ethical and legal alarm bells in your head, your brain should be studied by the Institute of Research into Dumbass Neurochemistry.

Welcome to the internet. Being so Naïve is going to land you in trouble someday.

As for the rules of this forum, Meryl is the admin and if you don't like her decision, you're going to find things problematic.

Last edited by kupoartist; Jan 19th, 2005 at 11:56 AM..
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #12
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
ummm, well desync have been showing it for over 1 year now, and they haven;t been asked to take it down, it's totally free, and if it WAS illegal then why would winamp(a offically trademarked company, that has the responablity to remove anything illegal from there system) haven't cut them off?
Like kupo said, it's incredibly difficult to track down any company or independent companies or whatever and lock them down for providing free licensed animes. If that was the case, then there wouldn't still be so many downloading sites around.

Quote:
u can't(or atleast not normally) save anything getting streamed to you, also it's not dvd quality and it's only the orginal 25 episodes(no movies or love hina again included).
You mentioned earlier that it was the subbed version that was being shown. Here, you mentioned it was not DVD quality and the original 25 episodes. If this WinAmp company were to air the actual episodes, legally, then the quality would be very good and it would be the dubbed version. From what you said, what WinAmp is showing is a sub or a download because downloads are never great quality anyway.

Quote:
fact is, that what desync is doing isn't illegal, they are providing a free fan sub low quality show with no extras, infact them and them alone must have boosted the sales of the love hina movies and love hina again sales by more than 50%, because everyone watched them there and got addicted to it(atleast that how it worked with me, and then i paid for love hina complete for everything)
I don't see the proof of this claim (that desync has boosted the sales of the Love Hina DVDs, merchandise, etc.) except from your own words.

Quote:
also the link to desync should not be considered a downloading link, if anything it's only publicizing another forum, as desync is basically a forum with a news page. the web streaming is completly on winamp, so u can't press anything on that page to start the streaming.
Publicizing another forum? Sorry, but we don't allow advertising either.

I'm sorry if you're unhappy that I deleted your link, but these are the rules of the forum.

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jan 19th, 2005 at 03:47 PM..
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #13
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
You mentioned earlier that it was the subbed version that was being shown. Here, you mentioned it was not DVD quality and the original 25 episodes. If this WinAmp company were to air the actual episodes, legally, then the quality would be very good and it would be the dubbed version. From what you said, what WinAmp is showing is a sub or a download because downloads are never great quality anyway.
Winamp is just a player used for finding the internet TV channel, not the people behind the broadcast of the anime channel (or channels... or any of the rather nasty stuff that is on Internet TV for that matter). As it happens, winamp many not even have any legal obligation, because it may not be their servers the media library uses (it's most likely a free network of master servers which is someone else's responsibility). Plus, Winamp really whips the Llama's ass, so the courts can't touch them