Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Nov 29th, 2003, 08:30 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Post New Licensed Anime

Hey everyone...this may be a pointless, but this thread is just an addition to the thread I created in August ("Bring Me Everything"). It's just updates and more news, so I hope it helps everyone.

Rumor: The HeatGuy-J series may be shown on MTV. This series already has 2 DVDs out and it's considered as the "Anime of 2003". Very great storyline, setting is similar to Cowboy Bebop.
Comments: This is one of my favorites and I still have to get the others (left off on episode 11). I'm pretty annoyed about it being shown on MTV (if that's the case) since it probably won't do well.

Witch Hunter Robin is confirmed to air on Adult Swim in this upcoming year (either late 2003 or early 2004). Series involves the supernatural and the main character, Robin, is the only one who possesses special powers to detect/destroy them.
Comments: A nice anime, but I couldn't really get into it (only saw about 6 episodes). I'm sure many will enjoy it, it's a pretty dark series.

L/R (Licensed by Royal) has been confirmed to air on Adult Swim starting in January 2004. Involves secret spies/agents called Cloud 7 appointed by the Queen to get rid of crime in London. Very 007 James Bond...
Comments: I think it's a great series, but it's really short (13 episodes), so I have no idea why they would air it.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Scheduled to air in April 2004 on Adult Swim, but the time may change. Bad news: many parts will be edited because of the disturbing/mature content that is so extreme it can't even be aired on live action TV (supposedly).

Saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo): English title: "She, the Ultimate Weapon" has been licensed by Viz Entertainment and will be released sometime in April 2004. An incredibly, incredibly popular anime by Studio Gonzo, there is about 13 episodes (I think). The setting is in the beginning of war and the two main characters, Chiise and Shuuji, are caught in it. They've just begun a new relationship, but tragically, Chiise is considered the ultimate weapon of the army. Sorry if my summary is crappy...it's a good series!
Comments: This series is pretty tragic and the ending song will make you cry. While I think this anime is done well, I didn't want to watch anymore because the main character kinda annoyed me. But, I'm sure many of you will like it a lot (especially those who enjoy a dramatic, tragic series).

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Director's Cut: ADV has licensed the director's cut of the popular mech series, "Evangelion". It will be released in January 2004. Remastered and includes special scenes/footage unavailable outside of Japan.

Tokyo Godfathers: This new movie from director Satoshi Kon (Millenium Actress) will be released simultaneously in US and Japan theaters on December 29. The reason for the early US release it for the film to be included in the 2004 Academy Awards. The film is about 3 homeless people who find a newborn baby in a garbage dump. They begin to find meaning in their lives as they began taking care of the child. The storyline is similar to a silent film called "Three Godfathers".
Comments: I've been looking forward to this ever since August. I absolutely loved Millenium Actress and I'm sure this film will do well. Theatrical release in the US might be in independent theaters.

2004 Academy Awards "Best Animated Film" Nominees: Besides Disney/Pixar's "Finding Nemo", 3 anime films have been included in the nominees: Pokemon Heroes, Millenium Actress, and Tokyo Godfathers.
Comments: Hmm...pretty tough. I enjoyed "Finding Nemo", but I would prefer Millenium Actress to win. My heart was filled with joy when Spirited Away won last year.

Whew! That's about all the news I have. If anyone else has anything to add or share, please do so!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2003, 11:54 AM   #2
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
I've been looking forward to many of these as well. I'd like to mention that the heat guy j series i believe is not a rumor, and that it has been confirmed to be airing on MTV in the near future. But don't quote me on that. I may just be confusing it with the witch hunter robin series which has just recently been confirmed as well, like meryl just said.

And the Eva thingy is called Evangelion Renual. An 11(i think) dvd box set with the first 24 episodes, remastered, picture and dolby digital 5.1 surround on each. The 8th dvd is episodes 25 and 26, along with the soundtrack of the top 12(i think) tracks from the series. The next two dvd's are the movies. And then i think the last is an extras dvd. Not quite sure, been a while since i read up on it.

I'm not positive if this is what meryl was speaking of, because the renual WILL be released in America, but not for a while i'm guessing.

Not to steal your thunder meryl, but that was the little bit that i thought i should add.

And like meryl said, if anyone lese has anything to add, please do so. I love new anime news as much as the rest.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2003, 06:25 PM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

I've been looking forward to many of these as well. I'd like to mention that the heat guy j series i believe is not a rumor, and that it has been confirmed to be airing on MTV in the near future.
Darn...that's terrible news, at least for me. I just hate how they would show that series on MTV...it's just way too good for it, IMO.

Quote:
And the Eva thingy is called Evangelion Renual. An 11(i think) dvd box set with the first 24 episodes, remastered, picture and dolby digital 5.1 surround on each. The 8th dvd is episodes 25 and 26, along with the soundtrack of the top 12(i think) tracks from the series. The next two dvd's are the movies. And then i think the last is an extras dvd. Not quite sure, been a while since i read up on it.
I'm not too sure on the US title either. I only read from some magazines about it and I know that Japan released these director cuts a few months ago and they're definitely bringing to the US. But you're probably right on it.

Quote:
Not to steal your thunder meryl, but that was the little bit that i thought i should add.
Not at all! I'm glad someone else has other information that can clear up any mistakes I may have said.

I have one more news to share that I forgot to mention:
GadGuard: This 26 episode series from Gonzo has been licensed and is to be released Fall of 2004. This series is incredibly popular in Japan and has been considered as one of the best new animes in Japan. It's a slightly mecha-ish anime set in a futurisitic city that involves robots/androids called GadGuards. The story is based on a boy (I forgot his name) who finds a GadGuard and becomes the pilot or "master" of it. Again, I'm sorry if my summary is terrible, but it's a nice anime.
Comments: I've only seen 3 episodes, unfortunately, but so far I really enjoy it. I believe Reid has seen it as well and probably more than I have.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 12:06 AM   #4
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
About L/R (Licensed by Royal) and them showing it on Adult Swim:
I don't think length has anything to do with it, they showed FLCL and that thing is about half as long.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:10 PM   #5
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
It'll be interesting to see how the NA released version of Gad Guard turns outs.

I've watched up until about 6 but I got distracted and I don't how much time these days to watch anime. The show is really good though and the plot seems pretty interesting at this point. The animation style is really offbeat but great, in my opinion and it's a tremendous throwback to 1930's American cartoons and 1950's Japanese.

Meryl, I think it may only be 13 episodes though. I have only found 13 but I haven't finished watching them so I can't say for sure that I have the entire series. I'll tell you when I finish watching them which will probably be in a few days.

It's kind of interesting that MTV is getting rights to HeatGuy - J. I have some a few really good original shows (The Maxx and some other one set in New York City) from them but not any anime.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote