Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:40 AM   #21
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Democracy? Freedom? What is it if you don't even have the right to say "NO! THIS IS CRAP AND I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT!" ?
The worst fact is that even if someone says so, the system is so strong to erase the possibility of movements that are not part of the mainstream. So, in theory you have all the freedom you want, but in reality you don't have the right to choose at all. How cool, ne? US are based on these contradictions, and sorry if I say so, but this sucks. Every US citizen open his mouth everytime to say "This is a free country and I do whatever I want" but then, when it comes to really being able to decide, what is it like?

No, I wouldn't go, because I feel no pity for Iraq's leader, but neither for USA's president who's causing a mess everywhere. And if you ask me, I see that at least people from Middle-East have some reasons for fighting, because their situation worse than we all can imagine, while USA propagandistic campaigns are just crappy measures to keep everything under "imperialistic" control.
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 12:33 PM   #22
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
mog

But if we don't fight something could happen. There is always a chance of that. I can't stop thinking of Ground Zero since I saw it.

It's hard to know what to believe sometimes. We could do what the older generations did and get our soldiers home, earlier, but we are not that generation. However, all the generations that follow seem to think we don't have any rights. Wake up, America. We do have choices.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had
Lost_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:40 PM   #23
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue3vilx
But if we don't fight something could happen. There is always a chance of that. I can't stop thinking of Ground Zero since I saw it.
Don't you think that with different diplomacy from the US in the past years there wouldn't be Ground Zero either?
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:03 PM   #24
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue3vilx
indeed there is always a chance of that: fighting isn't going to stop things like Ground Zero happening. If anything, it'll just end up giving them more reasons to do the same crappy things.
On the face of it, there isn't a lot to justify this campaign on. Osama Bin Laden and Saddam are not body doubles, even if Bush can't figure that out. True Saddam should be removed... but if Ozzy is alive, we can't justify going after someone completely different surely?
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 05:02 PM   #25
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlito

Don't you think that with different diplomacy from the US in the past years there wouldn't be Ground Zero either?
That's a very good point and I respect it, but I agree and manage to not agree at the same time. I'll get back to this.

Being a U.S. citizen, I am just as far removed from the situations going on elsewhere in the globe and what it's like to live there as you are all removed from what it's like to live here in the U.S. So how dare I blindly agree with a President who is trying to mingle so much in the affairs of others in the world? I understand that. But also realize you don't know what U.S. citizens are truly like anymore than we know what your country's citizens and cultures are truly like. There are so many stereotypes, politics, etc. that form a barrier of communication between us all and we all hurt for it. This makes me truly sad.
I could be wrong, but it seems most of the world thinks we are all a bunch of rich people of the same color over here. That couldn't be less true. The United States of America is truly a unique place where it is a melting pot of Hispanics and Latinos, Asians, African Americans, Middle-Easterns, and Caukasians, and more. There are large portions of our country where spanish is spoken more than english, along with other languages. Go to the big city (such as New York where World Trade Center came down) and other places and there's a a rainbow of people and languages and cultures. We have had many problems with rascism in our country's past, but there's new generations constantly being born that are more excepting of eachother and looking for a brighter future together. I realize other countries and cultures do not embrace this idea so much and do not understand it, but some of the extremists have to stop trying to ruin what we are trying to do over here!
The system is far from perfect here and I can't stand so many aspects of it, and there are so many Americans who struggle and are trying to survive it. Yes, we do have a large amount of people who live in poverty, crime-ridden (war-torn in their own way,) areas. We are not much unlike you in many respects. We cry, we bleed, and we suffer for the American dream of freedom that we hold so dearly in our hearts.
I am sorry for our president and his ill-planned "war against terror" which could endanger the lives of countless more innocent people. Realize that we all do not agree with him, but also please try to understand those who do. After September 11th of last year, Americans have been scared and the shockig reality that most of the world hates us is something new to many people who are less informed of such things. It's hard to imagine for most that this Al-Qaeda network could be so widespread and so intent on killing innocent American civilians of all colors, races, and cultures. I do not support Bush's haphazard war on terrorism, nor am I a big fan of his in most respects, but I understand the fear in most american's hearts at this difficult time in our history.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote