Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Angry POTC: At World's End

Have you seen it? I was a bit disappointed by the third episode of the series. I think some character were given too much space while others didn't have enough. The plot was also so confusing that it made me think they changed the script while filming many times.

I hope they don't make more, because they will probably be too much centered on that silly couple Bloom/Knightley.

Waht do you think?
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
I hope they don't make more, because they will probably be too much centered on that silly couple Bloom/Knightley.
It's these two that destroyed the films IMO; that's why I hated the first one and never saw the rest. I might watch all 3 when they show it on TV later but I will never get over these two insipid lovebirds.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #3
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I thought it was better then the second one. Not in terms of story but in terms of some of the characters. Johnny Depp felt a lot stronger in his role in this one (the scenes were he talks to other versions of himself is priceless) and Geoffrey Rush returning as Barbosa played off Depp well. I also agree with not giving enough people screen time, they didn't use Barbosa as strong as they could have and Chow-Yun-Fat was entertaining in this movie but he was underused, he just felt there instead of a menacing pirate in the movie.

The plot did get ridiculous I honestly rolled my eyes at the true reveal of Calypso towards the end of the movie, I won't ruin it for others but it might make your B.S. meter shatter. Bloom and Knightly where indeed given too much screen time, but I guess they had too because the conflict of Bloom's father in the movie on Davy Jones took a precedent over Jack's contract. I still thought it was better then the second one, the humor and acting of certain characters flowed better in this one then in the other. I was entertained by Jack's mannerisms and style in this one more then POTC2 and as I already mentioned Barbosa is seven kinds of awesome. I also thought my two favorite bumbling pirates; Ragetti and Pintel did a lot more random and hilarious things. I also liked how they revealed Ragetti's true use of his wooden eye in the movie and the joke they made about the entire true "nine pieces of eight." I just felt overall in terms of humor and something that feels like an epic Pirate adventure the third one just felt more like that then the second one. I got the same feeling of entertainment from this movie like I did from the first one. While some certain key things either convoluted or needlessly complicated something’s I enjoyed myself a lot more then the second one, but not as much as the first.

Nothing still tops the first one, but that is almost always the case in trilogies.

Last edited by Beretta55; Jun 4th, 2007 at 02:29 PM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I loved Geoffrey Rush in it. He stole the film somewhat. The story is a bit silly, yet still enjoyable. Keith Richards! How ace was he? And the top maelstrom action is great and exciting, but it still felt like it was lacking something. The light-hearted enjoyment of the first, perhaps?

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #5
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
It's these two that destroyed the films IMO; that's why I hated the first one and never saw the rest. I might watch all 3 when they show it on TV later but I will never get over these two insipid lovebirds.

hah. best moment ever...

Spoiler: show
BLOOM GETTING THAT SWORD IN HIS DAMN CHEST!!!

but other than that it was a lot darker, which i loved. And i just think that anything about pirates while hating certain actors and their lovely lil speeches of crap... all in all i couldnt hate a movie where there's booty and rum.

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #6
Hylas
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks69420
hah. best moment ever...

Spoiler: show
BLOOM GETTING THAT SWORD IN HIS DAMN CHEST!!!

Good things don't last long

BTW, what's with those Knightley's thighs in sight throughout the whole movie? Isn't POTC supposed to be a Disney movie?
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I think I am the only one who liked the second movie more than the other two. I am disappointed they wasted all the good potential they had with Davy Jones' character to turn him into some less than average villain whose only purpose is to offer escapes and solutions to plot holes regarding the "main" characters. I must admit I liked Barbossa's character in the third movie more than in the first one. In fact, I think after a while I realized he was the main attraction of the whole damn thing, and frankly that wasn't enough to save a confusing movie. According to imdb.com and other sources, the script was a sort of "work in progress" and it was rewritten many times during shooting. This could be the reason the overall impression is of incredible lack of coherence, of a movie where plot twists seem to completely random instead of being connected to characters' deep motivations and development. I mainly enjoyed some "artistic" choices and some visual ideas, like the composition of some shots, the settings decor and so on, while I got bored by the story and action after some time. Oh yes, I liked Keith Richards, too. He's a real life pirate, you know, he's "authentic"... and all his wrinkles are real
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Aubrey McFatum

Aubrey McFatum is on a distinguished road
I hope if they make another three movies, they'll put an end to the stupid romance. I guess it won't happen. Johnny Depp said he would gladly star in another three sequels. But what's the use of Depp if they give so much space to the other two? They're so boring, they slow the pace down in a very boring way. Pirates and romance are not supposed to be like that, when they're together. They make the movie look like some sappy romantic flick

Do you believe in God?
The question is does God believe in me?

Aubrey McFatum
Aubrey McFatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #9
Hylas
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
Oh yes, I liked Keith Richards, too. He's a real life pirate, you know, he's "authentic"... and all his wrinkles are real
It's scary. Because I CAN see him as a real pirate! He was the most believable pirate character! Very cool. A movie with a bigger part with him and Jack would be great!
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #10
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Maybe the fact that I saw it with my 12 yr old cousin who absolutely loved it made it more fun for me. I couldnt help but share the excitement.

RED

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote