Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #1
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Resident Evil 4 Details

Quote:
One of the GameCube's most anticipated games has a few more details released regarding gameplay.

Resident Evil has been the talk of video game message boards for weeks. GameCube owners are in much anticipation to see Capcom's exclusive survival horror game grace their console of choice. Finding information regarding the game has been like getting to eat little morsels of bread when you're starving. Today we found a few more morsels to settle the stomachs of starving fans.

- Leon S. Kennedy is the main character however four other heroes from past games will also emerge.

- You can run with a pistol out.

- Leon can hold a weapon in each hand.

- Zombies can now detect player by sight, smell and sound.

- Zombies can and will come from windows.

- Players can barricade doors, preventing Zombies from following you.

- Firing your pistol in one area will cause Zombies in another area to be more attentive (They can hear now).

- When aiming a weapon the player can switch between two perspectives.

- Known weapons as of now are a knife, handgun, assault rifle and Molotov-Cocktail

- Zombies will have several hit zones

- The blue shadow ghosts shown in the E3 build cannot be killed. They can interact with the environment and bring things in the environment to life. Everything will attack you

linky

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #2
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
Great post Vic! RE4 is looking more and more appealing with every piece for information that comes...

A couple of things:

I'm glad Capcom is FINALLY allowing the player to change camera angles while aiming. Camera controls, or lack thereof, have been a major dissapointment in the previous RE games.

I'm gussing that difficulty will be increased this time over because zombies can see, hear, and smell the player?? Sounds good!

The Tree of Life...
Daedaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
OMG, it sounds too good to be true. With all those new gameplay elements the game will be soooo tight.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 01:13 AM   #4
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Talking more info !!

Quote:
While most of America will not be getting their Game Informer magazines for a few days, if not more, N-Philes forum member Esty was lucky enough to have already gotten his copy, and shared the love on our very own boards. Many at first thought this might have been a hoax, but after confirmation by Game Informer, N-Philes feels confident enough to publish this information.

Resident Evil 4 will no longer use the fixed camera system that has been used in the past. Instead you will now play in one of three views, two of which are over the shoulder 3rd person views, and one of which is actually a first person view. At this time we do not know if the game characters can move in first person mode, or just shoot a la Metal Gear Solid 2. In what appears to be a first for videogames, the game will require a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio for the entire game. This makes the game best suited for HDTV’s and supports 480 progressive scan. Those with the 4:3 aspect ratio televisions are not out of luck. If your TV is not widescreen ready, you will simply play the game in letterbox with black bars on the bottom and top of the screen. The reason for this cinematic view comes by way of the 3rd person camera. The main character Leon evidentially takes up most of the left side of the screen, while the right side shows more of the environment. The special angles are said to give a FPS feeling to the game.

The graphics in the game will also be entirely in real time, with no pre-rendered backdrops, no door animations, and no FMV’s. The levels will be wide open and feature very few load times, but tons of zombie like villagers, who are said to be in a trance like state.

The much-revered and hated control scheme seems to still be intact in RE4. However, “the new views make it feel like an entirely different game.” Despite the unchanged controls, the hub will be slightly different with both health ammo making their way on to the screen.

The post also mentions some story spoilers, so if you don’t want to know, don’t continue reading.
Spoiler: show
Resident Evil 4 takes place 6 years after RE2 in the year 2004. Leon, the main character is hired to protect the President's daughter. Unfortunately for her she is kidnapped and taken to South America where Leon then must dispose of swarms of villagers to save the her. The enemies in RE4 are said to react to specific body damage (think Eternal Darkness), throw sharp objects, and are smart enough to even lead you into ambushes.
linky

scaned pics from GI mag.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic4

Leon = pwned

Last edited by Vic Viper; Feb 13th, 2004 at 01:23 AM..
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #5
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Re: more info !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

linky

scaned pics from GI mag.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic4

Leon = pwned
Your pics do not work man

Social Networks
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 05:02 AM   #6
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I have some info that contradicts what has already been posted - and not in a good way... It sounds like Capcom are intent on changing everything that I like about the Res series.

I mean, no zombies??? Come on - how can it be Res Evil without zombies...
Quote:
Resident Evil 4 in zombie-less shocker!
[13/02/04 11:42]
New details emerge - and it looks like a major overhaul for Resi fourth time around

New details of Resident Evil 4 reveal that, incredibly, the game is entirely free of zombies. Instead, according to sources in Japan, you'll be facing "villagers". Rather than having to fend off dumb, shambling members of the undead, these people have smarts, so it should mean that the game's enemies will be far more interesting in their AI and behaviour. Plus, they come armed for the fight and can throw their weapons of choice, which includes sickles and axes.

As the game progresses, the enemies increase in awareness and intelligence. While, early on, you'll be able to lock on to a bad guy and simply pump lead into him, later in the game he'll keep his distance. And, if you decide to give chase, he just might scarper around the corner where six of his mates are waiting with bow guns - which is a real example from the game in action. To add insult to injury, in the latter stages the screen will be pitch black and you'll only be able to see the townsfolk by moonlight.

The game now comes fitted out with a first-person viewpoint that swings around from the familiar third-person perspective and puts the enemy directly in front with your character in the left-hand corner of the screen. Potentially, this could improve the gameplay by a significant degree. Think of the increased fun in Metal Gear Solid 2 compared to the first game after they bolted on the first-person view. Above all, it gave players the mechanics to shoot accurately. If they get the viewpoint right, we can imagine Resident Evil 4 doing something similar for the series. Being able to choose your shots more carefully not only means saving ammo but also gives you a sweet view of the resulting carnage - especially now that enemies show where they're damaged and act accordingly, such as dragging a leg you've taken a chunk out of.

Other titbits of new info are that the game has very short loading times, you can shoot down items that get thrown at you and that physical points and bullets left will be shown on-screen. As much as we've liked the stylish Resi 4 screenshots that have passed our way over the last year, we were getting a little worried that we hadn't seen one drop of spilled blood. Consider that resolved by the nasty-as-hell screenshot on the right. What we've seen recently suggests that this is as bloody, if not more so, than ever. Good.
Source

- S
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #7
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

I don't know about Spanks article, but I don't think they would get rid of the zombies totally.

Heres another Article with lots of pics

https://www.the-magicbox.com/Feb04/game021404a.shtml

Social Networks
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #8
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

very short vid. clip of leon getting pwned. <-- watch it.

here are some scanned pics from a japanese mag.
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5
pic 6
pic 7

Last edited by Vic Viper; Mar 4th, 2004 at 03:02 PM..
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 01:30 AM   #9
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

OMG, you guys must see the new video from IGN, watch it now !!

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 03:48 PM   #10
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

OMG, you guys must see the new video from IGN, watch it now !!
Yeah the game looks absolutely amazing. Vic, did you get ahold of the high resolution one that they just put up?

Anyways this game looks to be a fresh breath to the series. Leon looks to have a load of new moves and skills at his side, along with some enemy's that look extremely challenging. The boss fights look espically cool, even though they only showed two of them.

Social Networks
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 06:02 PM   #11
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

Yeah the game looks absolutely amazing. Vic, did you get ahold of the high resolution one that they just put up?

nope, i'm not an insider.

Old Apr 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #12
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Aaah, the reason I bought my GAMECUBE for the reason I have an XBOX...and around 100 games for all three systems. Finally its coming out this year.

And its going to be amazing. I like the new control system and my god the graphics are just unbelievable. They are just wow. I like the fact that in the earlier stages there are no zombies...but humans that are smart and all, but I would like zombies to come in the game at some part of the game. I mean...common.. A RESI game needs zombies.

And they said that old characters are gonna come into play as well. I HOPE I get to see Claire Redfield....or....someone. I DONT want Wesker....hes been in Resi game too much.

Neways.......cant wait for this game to come out.

Last edited by Uchiha Sasuke; May 1st, 2004 at 11:57 AM..
MakgSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 11:59 AM   #13
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
Aaah, the reason I bought my GAMECUBE for the reason I have an XBOX...and around 100 games for all three systems. Finally its coming out this year.

And its going to be amazing. I like the new control system and my god the graphics are just unbelievable. They are just wow. I like the fact that in the earlier stages there are no zombies...but humans that are smart and all, but I would like zombies to come in the game at some part of the game. I mean...common.. A RESI game needs zombies.

And they said that old characters are gonna come into play as well. I HOPE I get to see Claire Redfield....or....someone. I DONT want Wesker....hes been in Resi game too much.

Neways.......cant wait for this game to come out.
Zombies or not Makg, I'm sure capcom will come up with something amazing to really change the RE series as we know it. I absolutely cannot wait much longer for the game. Hopefully they'll show off a lot of it at E3

Social Networks
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

new RE4 gameplay footage

go check it out its awesome.