Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 01:07 PM   #1
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Wow, now I'm scared

What do you think happens when you die? You go to heaven? An afterlife of some sort? Just dream for eternity? As far as I concerned, nothing happens, which scares the crap out of me.

A few days ago on a day time chat show, they had a guest who died, he was dead for 4 minutes and then doctors managed to bring him back to life. They asked him the golden question. "See anything when you were dead? Bright light? Hellfire? A meadow?" His answer, which he grimly gave was, "nothing, not a dream, its like being knocked out except you don't have a slightly odd dream, When I woke up it was like nothing had happened, there's nothing." This guy has been severly depressed ever since the incident, you may ask why, becuase he's alive again. He's depressed becuase he knows from first hand experience that when we choke it, that's it, there is nothing.

I've been thinking about this a lot at night, when I die what's gonna happen? Nothing, at first I thought that ok there's no afterlife, I've never really followed the belief that there is an afterlife, that defies the purpose of death. But I always thought that maybe it would be like going unconciouse, you'd just dream for eternity, which I was happy with. Well you don't, you need a mind to dream, when you die you rot away, so does your head and everything in it, so when you croak, that's it. Game over, nothing. That scares me so much I can't describe it, thinking that this is what I have and that's it. I could get hit by a bus tonight and that's it, i've wasted my life in school when I could have been living a life I wanted. I've spent days watching tv becuase i've thought "there's always tommorrow" to do something. Im not saying im "born again" and going to live everyday to its fullest, becuase I know I can't, that's just not me. I just know that when I die, i've had it.

Your thoughts?
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:06 PM   #2
Dactrius
Night Elven Rogue

Dactrius is on a distinguished road
I'm with you in the assumption that when it's over, it's over. I've always wanted a heaven, everybody has. Some may even settle for hell if it means some kind of afterlife. It all depends on your religious perspective if you ask me.

I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in God. I mean, I acknowledge people believe he exists and I respect that, I won't spoil it for them. But to me, life is like some kind of accident or something. Evolution is just something that happened through chance. Religion is something we conjured up to appease our minds before we die.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone, it's just my view really. I'm open-minded, if somebody shows me God, then I'll believe. But really, has anyone got proof? If there's no God, there's no heaven and the chance of an afterlife suddenly seems pretty slim.

So in my view, there is no heaven, and there is no afterlife. When we choke it, we choke it. It's game over as it were. It's blunt, it's harsh, but it's what I believe. My advise to you is not to worry. It's all part of the growing process, you will learn to accept whatever awaits you, whether it's the pearly gates or not. I do hope you find your peace when the day comes though, and enjoy life whilst you have it, regardless of what comes next.

[PS2]: N/A
[XBox]: N/A
[GC]: N/A
[PC]: N/A
Dactrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:31 PM   #3
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Its an age old question that CANNOT be asnwered. Atleast not untill you actually die. At the moment I am also amung those that dont necisaarily belive in god. But I dont necissarily NOT belive in a higher existence. I just admit that im friggin clueless. NONE of us know for sure what exists beyond this plane of existence. Yet I think many of us WANT to believe that we know where were going after we die. Its a nice thought...but I think most religious groups are fooling themselves. No offense

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM   #4
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
A similar thing was discussed not too long ago.. you can see here....

I try not to think about it alot, dying doesn't scare me It's just something you can't change so why stress about it...

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 08:52 PM   #5
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
you think that's scary...

https://img2.exs.cx/img2/5929/saved_by_the_bell.gif

now that's scary,

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:04 AM   #6
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
Well...trying to get back on topic...

Death is hard to explain. Everyone has their own perception on what happens to them and their loved ones when they pass on.

I'm sure my own beliefs on death and life are different than a good 99% of the poeple out there, but ah well. I believe that after we die, our souls travel around, searching for our next host. Our bodies breakdown back into the four elements that created them. Fire, earth, water, air. When our souls enter their new host, life is forged. The elements make a new form, the soul gives it life.
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:05 AM   #7
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
HAHAAA Infernal!!
But yeah, I don't believe in God, and I've always thought it's like you just black out and that's it; because when you faint you just black out.

But as Piggle said, it'll happen when it does and you can't change it; so don't worry about it and ust keep swimming!

I don't believe in god but I believe in destiny and fate.. does that make sense?!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote