Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 11:57 AM   #41
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
originally posted by MakgSnake

And although we all are talking about Graphics, Graphcis, Graphics..........lets just talk about gameplay. I mean ONLINE Co-Op.....that is something awesome.....plus god knows what else they would include.
Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't Halo 2 have the same thing. Is this game supposed to be a Halo killer or a Halo clone......haha just kidding. Hopefully this game will give PS2 owners a solid fps.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #42
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I mean ONLINE Co-Op.....that is something awesome.....plus god knows what else they would include.
couldn't agree more: there are some people who think that Online FPS'ing would have never got off the ground if the Doom Series hadn't come along with Co-Op modes (I even tried it about a Year Ago... though I was in the same room as the people I was playing with and everyone was shouting co-operative verbal abuse at whoever kept dying whilst holding a key-card ^_^). The problem is, that so few people do Co-operative these days, and in PC games its often left up to the mod makers to do (Half-life Sven Co-Op).

Of course, the problem is with early game information, is that we've no idea whatsoever about anything other than a few buzz-word like Features and a few screenshots. We don't even have a story to go by... so who knows whether the co-op will be any good?

Half-Life 2 doesn't have co-op. poo. I suppose it does at least have radiators that you can throw in peoples faces. Yes, I think that balances it all out
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 03:32 PM   #43
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't Halo 2 have the same thing
Not that I have heard of, or even read anywhere. I JUST HOPE They include it, as the game has a loong way to come out. But till now I havn't heard a thing about Co-Op in Halo2.

I havn't played Co-Op online ever, but it does sound amazing. I mean.......I am talking about with your friend who lives in LA. Thats just amazing. Finishing the game....... its just a cool thing. And till now......Console Games havn't done that.

I know we shouldn't really put our hopes high on this game as we dont know anything about it. Untill a video or solid information, I'll stay excited. Its fun that way...........
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #44
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:

But till now I havn't heard a thing about Co-Op in Halo2.
Annoyingly, the PC release of Halo 1 may not have it... I think Online Co-Op games must be pretty hard to program, especially for games a complex as the FPS we've become used to (Half-life 2 looks to be really Co-Op unfriendly with the NPCs reacting exactly to the player. More players would complicate it loads.)

That reminds me: though Kin has Havoc, it lacks any of the Facial Emotion and NPC reaction that HL2 has. And that is pretty revolutionary stuff for any game, not just a FPS...

(BTW, if you haven't already heard, Half-Life 2 on the XBox isn't a rumour: it really is happening.)
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:47 PM   #45
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
originally posted by the_artist

(BTW, if you haven't already heard, Half-Life 2 on the XBox isn't a rumour: it really is happening.)

I have heard this, but I also remember hearing that they're going to release it on PC first (i think). I think co-op is the way to go these days. So many games could be a lot funner if they added a co-op mode. But yes i'm sure it's very hard to program somthing like that for online play.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:56 AM   #46
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
The game Kin/killing zone is developed by the dutchstudio "the lost boys" , to set one thing straight the developers themself didn't call it a halo-killer, as a matter of fact they haven't called it anything, cause they aren't allowed to speak about it to much. I'm going to search some dutch game sites in order to find some more info and let you guys know.

Edit:
Kin is the first major project for Lost Boys, established in 2000, but the developer has two further next-gen titles in the works - Knights and Call of the Dragonfly. Despite the fledgling nature of the developer, SCEE was apprarently hugely impressed by the early stages of Kin, and quickly snapped up the title as a PS2 exclusive.

We contacted Lost Boys for further information, but a spokesperson would only admit: "We can confirm we're working on a title for Sony Europe, but I can't give you any further information," referring to a deal that was made public way back in 2000.

Source:gamers.nl

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #47
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Well, I think if Playstation2 can create graphics like "Gran Turismo 3" or even "4"...... which till now XBOX havn't, then why cant Playstation2 can create the same type of graphics (GT4) for the First Person Shooter. It would be a tough long process but it does seem possible.

And although we all are talking about Graphics, Graphcis, Graphics..........lets just talk about gameplay. I mean ONLINE Co-Op.....that is something awesome.....plus god knows what else they would include.

Only time can tell the full filler.

Graphics in GT4 have not blown me away, I tell you now this wont be good enough, the ps2 wont be able to handle it, I tell you what makg, if this is a halo 2 killer, I will buy you a copy of KIN and send it to you. (im not shouting at you )

Ghost Recon has online co-op, it nothing to new, but it would be awsome on a game like Halo.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #48
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

Graphics in GT4 have not blown me away, I tell you now this wont be good enough, the ps2 wont be able to handle it, I tell you what makg, if this is a halo 2 killer, I will buy you a copy of KIN and send it to you. (im not shouting at you )

Ghost Recon has online co-op, it nothing to new, but it would be awsome on a game like Halo.
we havent seen anying thing about kin how do you know ps2 wont be able to handle it.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 05:38 PM   #49
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

we havent seen anying thing about kin how do you know ps2 wont be able to handle it.

Every time a promsied good title on the ps2 turns out to be not as they promised, its from my past experinces with games promsied to "be killers" and "the best". I dont have to see nothing of KIN, I will keep my promsie.

If it does turn good and a killer, fair well, but I just dont see it going to happen.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 06:32 PM   #50
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
2 more kin pics

https://www.psxnation.com/board_images/kin1.jpg

https://www.psxnation.com/board_images/killzoneb_sm.jpg

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #51
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I do belive they said Brute Force was the next Halo. And look how that ended up. A mediocre game that was hurt by its publicity. I feel sorry for the people making these FPS's, i mean Halo set the bar VERY high, the second people hear about it there going to be comparing it to halo. Im not saying Kin will suck, hell im not about to pass any judgments on gameplay because I dont know crap about the game other than the RUMORS that are flying around. But lets face it, even if it were just as good as halo 2 its online modes probably wouldnt compare, co-op missions or not. Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation over sony's headset ?. Trying to give out team commands would most likely be VERY difficult where as with X Box live it is very easy. And imagine if they allowed 56k users to play it online, one word Lag-o-riffic, especially if the games running as fast as they say. I say good luck to its programmers if they really want to compete with halo 2 , there going to need it. And have you seen the lastes Halo 2 trailer, its friggin AMAZING. Master cheif holding 2 weapons at once, how cool is that ?.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #52
omni vengeance
The No-Life King

omni vengeance is on a distinguished road
I don't know about it being as good as Halo, but it sounds pretty good by the descriptions.

Thanks Eli for the sig and av ^_^
omni vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 12:55 PM   #53
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003
And have you seen the lastes Halo 2 trailer, its friggin AMAZING. Master cheif holding 2 weapons at once, how cool is that ?.
The whole two weapons thing would have been remotely exciting if I'd not seen and played games with that in before. In fact, I thought it was just like the rest of the Halo 2 movie: pretty impressive, but vastly overated by the audience watching it. I would've had far more fun if i'd been given two guns and the chance to point them at a certain bunch of whooping half-wits for sure ^_^ (I swear one guy screams "Oh My God!!!!!!!!" at some point.). On what was shown at E3, Halo 2 was great. But not Half-Life 2 by a long shot.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 02:47 PM   #54
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

But not Half-Life 2 by a long shot.

I agree.

The whole two gun thing does look amazing becuase no other game is good as looking as halo 2 with two gun mode, it better not be red fraction! BTW KIN screen shots look ace!
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 12:18 AM   #55
MakgSnake

I dont know, I very well liked Red Faction 2's two gun option. And not to forget....Time Splitters 2 has done that too... two guns at the same time, infact Time Splitters 2 has two Tommy Guns at the same time. I am not really excited about holding two guns and all......"THAT" is actually pretty old stuff....nothing new.

Halo 2 will be amazing, and amazing in the sense --> Technology. The framrate and playing 4 Multiplayer on the same TV split Screen (Even Halo 1 does the best JOB EVER). But when it comes to story and some other stuff...I think Halo is pretty good (nothing amazing, but thats my opinion).

Kill Zone is sounding like mother of all FPS, but I now DONT wanna get my expectations very high for this game. I have to agree that PS2 hasn't released a very good (exclusive) First Person Shooter, infact......there isn't even 1 exclusive FPS on Ps2....(correct me if I am wrong please).

The new screen shot looks nice, but I wanna see HIGH QUALITY Crystal Clear screens to pass a little judgment on the graphics parts.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 06:41 AM   #56
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

I dont know, I very well liked Red Faction 2's two gun option. And not to forget....Time Splitters 2 has done that too... two guns at the same time, infact Time Splitters 2 has two Tommy Guns at the same time. I am not really excited about holding two guns and all......"THAT" is actually pretty old stuff....nothing new.

Halo 2 will be amazing, and amazing in the sense --> Technology. The framrate and playing 4 Multiplayer on the same TV split Screen (Even Halo 1 does the best JOB EVER). But when it comes to story and some other stuff...I think Halo is pretty good (nothing amazing, but thats my opinion).

Kill Zone is sounding like mother of all FPS, but I now DONT wanna get my expectations very high for this game. I have to agree that PS2 hasn't released a very good (exclusive) First Person Shooter, infact......there isn't even 1 exclusive FPS on Ps2....(correct me if I am wrong please).

The new screen shot looks nice, but I wanna see HIGH QUALITY Crystal Clear screens to pass a little judgment on the graphics parts.

I think Timesplitters one, was exclusive to PS2, im not sure.

Is kill zone its name? im not to pleased about the name. Me too I cant wait to see some clear picutres, then we can judge whats better by "graphics" between halo 2 and KIN.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 12:20 PM   #57
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

I think Timesplitters one, was exclusive to PS2, im not sure.

Is kill zone its name
Yeah I think Timeplitters came to Ps2 Only, but only because Xbox and GameCube weren't released then........ look what happened to TS2.

Neway, yeah Kill Zone is the real name........ they used KIN to hide the real name of the game. They didn't want to reveal it before.

Kill Zone isn't the best name but its pretty alright........ not bad. It just that another game is coming out soon "Kill.Switch"..... so it doesn't sound original.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #58
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I hear ALOT of talk about Half-Life 2. I for one was never even remotely interested in the series but seeing as how its winning awards, and so many people are talking it up ill have to check it out.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #59
dan da man
Talk to the hand

2 clearer pics.

https://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/upload_i...zone177_11.jpg

https://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/upload_i...lzone177_2.jpg
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #60
MakgSnake

Hey, those pics are better, but they are the same. Still, good stuff. Its looking good. ........... I wonder when will they ever release a High Quality screen shot. ....... And I have a feeling, when they will... it'll make it big on Gaming Magazines and all.