Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:57 AM   #1
Female_Vivi
Pointy Hats Girl

Female_Vivi is on a distinguished road
Talking Neon Genesis Evangelion

Recently I discoverd Neon Genesis Evangelion, And I lOVE it. Realy a wonderfull Anime that makes me want more Anime.

Now I understand that Eva has only 26 episodes, but is there also A Neon Genesis Evangelio 2 ?? Because I saw this on a wallpaper site (at the bottem of this page) Anyone ???
Female_Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:53 AM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
No, there isn't a Neon Genesis Evangelion 2. Maybe they choose to split the page of the wallpapers in two for this series, because there were too many wallpapers to put in the same section.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is composed by a 26 episodes TV show, two movies and a manga that is still being published in Japan.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:58 AM   #3
Female_Vivi
Pointy Hats Girl

Female_Vivi is on a distinguished road
Thanks Fortune for that info, it was just what I needed to know ^_^
Female_Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:23 PM   #4
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Aw, you got my hopes up, for a second i thought ttaht there really was a second evangelion. But i guess not. oh well. Glad you discovered this series, it's my fav and i'm sure that you'll enjoy it all the way through and for many more years to come.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2002, 04:13 AM   #5
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
It'd be pointless to repeat what this folks already said. I'd just may add that the movies are part of the end of the series, so just be careful and remember to watch the whole series first before you happen to watch the movies.

And hell, yeah, Evangelion is some of the best anime I've seen (not the best, though)

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:34 PM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I Re-Watched It...

Well, I'm sure that many people will be happy to hear that I've re-watched the first 4 episodes (with the Japanese audio, thankfully!) and I enjoyed it. At first, waaaay back then, I didn't like it as much (due to the awful dubbing) and I wasn't into mecha too much. But now, it actually is really good and I see now why everyone raves about it so much. However, the main character, Shinji-kun, kinda irks me a little, because he has this weird dilemma: *MAYBE SPOILERS?* He wants to prove to his father that he can do something, yet he is such a coward and runs away. His attitude to piloting the EVA is very irksome, because he's kinda acting like, "I don't want to do it, but since I have to do it, here I am." Don't get me wrong: I understand that he's still young and doesn't want to do this, and I'm sure he'll get better later on, but for the time being, he needs to get his act together. Sorry for ranting, but I just gotta let that out!
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:55 PM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Well meryl, the whole series is kinda centered on the relationship Shinji has with other people, first of all with Gendo.

*spoilers everywhere*

He must be like the weak boy who wants to conquer the love of the father. The other pilots are made to create a sort of opposition to Shinji's personality, but only in a superficial way. In fact they all demonstrate to have some weakness depending on their relationships with parents. Asuka seems to be so strong and determined, but she suffers from the relationship she had with her true mother, who went crazy, if I'm not wrong, after she started piloting the Evangelion. Rei can't even claim to have parents because she's an artificial "product". Also Misato suffered for her relationship with her father. So Shinji is probably the one who's able to show more directly he has serious troubles in having some kind of relation with his father, but he's far from being the only one with this typology of problem. It's just that in his case you can see it from the beginning, while for other characters you have to follow the rest of the series.
Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:15 AM   #8
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
That's quite interesting: I've never thought about the fact that nearly all the main NGE characters have troubles of this genre with their parents. I'd say, thinking about it, also Ritsuko is involved in a similar situation, not only Misato among the "older" characters.
Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:24 AM   #9
Miki
Kawaii Neko Girl

Miki is on a distinguished road
The thing that I don't get about the movies is : are they considered to be as episodes 27 and 28? Because some people call them that way, even if they're movies. Are they set after the end of the TV show?
Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:53 PM   #10
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Actually that is what such movies are: Episodes 27 and 28 (but, I am not sure if they are actually "27" and "28" they could be "25" and "26" I just don't remember how many chapters the series has in total.) The thing is that such movies are the last chapters of the series, period. What happened here, is that the series itself has it's ending in it's last chapter. But, as for many will understand when they watch the complete series, the end of it sucked pretty much.

But...... that is due to a big misunderstanding that most of people have towards this series. Evangelion is not just a "Mecha" series. The Mecha thing is just some kind of support to the series it self to make it attractive and fun. But the whole purpose of the series is not just to give a giant robot's show. It is done with the purpose to reflect what is most likely today's Japan society (and if you think about it, nnot only Japan's, but mostly what are all societies in this world, I believe)

This series has a deep insight in to what people's minds are, and how they act towards people. Indeed, with Shinji's protagonism, this can be portrayed in his relation ship with his father.

More over, this is not an easy series to understand if you don't follow chapter after chapter. It also makes you analyze the situations given, so you can understand pretty much what it is all about.

I personally still have some confusion on understanding the end of the series. I will say nothing as I don't want to maek any spoilers, just be aware, the end of the series will puzzle yer minds

Anyways, it's an awsome series and is worth watching it all (I've done this like 2 or 3 times ) (and I still don't understand it all to perfection, I'm a dork )

And BTW, sorry for the long and annoying post

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 01:18 PM   #11
BowevelJoe
ShakeandBakeMasta!

BowevelJoe is on a distinguished road
Eva was a head trip, i enjoyed it, but it was a headtrip. Dont try to understand all of it Frozen, you never will. No one ever will. The people that made it probably dont understand all of the aspects to it, they just threw it in there to throw you off! yeah..thats it
Eater of Peenut butta!
BowevelJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:40 PM   #12
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Okay, I've finished seeing all 26 episodes of Evangelion. *celebrates* The only problem is, I really don't understand the ending. Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks in advance.

Also, which movies are considered Episode 27 and 28? I want to see it so I can try to conclude the series.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:56 PM   #13
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Need I remind that this post is a SPOILER

The end more or less meant that Shinji was finally able to stablish a purpose in his life and open himself to the other people and interact with them... more or less That is by one hand, but in the other... the instrumentalization project has been achieved, thus, a new world has been created (note that when Misato appears as a teacher and all that is juast an alternate world that Shinji hoped would be real, but it was not)

The thing is, that you've got to watch the movies to get "the FACTS on the story at the end........ if I'm nto wrong the name of the movie is Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, which are 2 chapters but usually come in the same "movie" (be it a VHS or a DVD...)

You'll see that things happen a little bit different than in the series..... but you'll realize they both lead to the same thing.

Just watch the movie. And also wait for some people to answer this because I know I have not been clear

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:20 PM   #14
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Taken from a guide of Eva episodes:

*maybe spoilers*

"The final episode in the series begins in 2016 and continues in a similar style to the previous episode with Shinji trying to come to terms with rejection, failure, childhood desertion, and hatred. Through a series of montages, an existential questioning of Shinji's identity ensues. Shinji's image of himself includes all the images of him contained within the minds of all the people who know him. Is his image of himself any more real than the image that they have of him?

Asuka wakes Shinji up out of a deep sleep and it's obvious that he had been dreaming and Asuka and Shinji are running late for school.

It becomes apparent that this too is yet another possible reality. And there are limitless possible realities. Realising that he has the power to create his own reality, Shinji changes his image of himself from self-hatred to one of self-love. Is this the end? Or is there more of the story yet to be told?"

Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Also, which movies are considered Episode 27 and 28? I want to see it so I can try to conclude the series.
Here's a link to the Red Cross Book, a source for some addicional explanation about the series. The intro also explains the role of the movies "End of Evangelion" and "Death and Rebirth", so you'll maybe find what you're looking for.
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:10 PM   #15
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Thanks to you both and for the link Fortune! I did know that the ending had to do something with Shinji's life and his self-discovery, but since that was the last episode and it was only that, I was so lost because I thought they would talk about everything else. But now I realize that I need to see both films (I think it's "The End of Evangelion" then "Evangelion: Death and Rebirth" (?)) in order for the series to actually give some answers and all.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #16
Homeless Psycho

Homeless Psycho is on a distinguished road
r they coming out with more Evan Gelieon?

Homeless Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:43 AM   #17
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
No. There aren't possibilities to see more Evangelion. Why should they make a sequel? There's no point in such a project. The only thing that is still going on of this series is the manga, but the story is more or less the same of the anime, with some changes, because the author of the manga ain't the same of the anime.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2002, 01:40 PM   #18
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Like Rei said, there really shouldn't be any more because there's nothing else left. The same thing goes for that rumored Cowboy Bebop sequel that CC posted...there's no point because both series are done, finished. There are certain animes that seem to need more episodes or a sequel and there are other animes that need to be left the way it is otherwise a sequel might just ruin the original.

You Can Help

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 03:16 PM   #19
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Homeless Psycho
r they coming out with more Evan Gelieon?

Ah! Please! More Eva would be the worst thing ever! The series ended. If you understand it, you'll notice there's no way we can get more of it! That would mean ruining the series!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:00 AM   #20
Frozen
Dante May Cry

I don't know. I understand your points. And that's most likely what happens with a series that has a sequel (specially when the sequel does not follow the former bases, but brings "new stuff" that makes it sucky) But...

What did you get at the end of Evangelion? Just an implicit ending. Besides, no one knows exactly what happens after the instrumentalization project was completed. Maybe just what immediately happened, but then, what next?

So I don't think that the series would necessarily be ruined if it had a sequel. It's what would probably happen, though. But not the only thing that could happen. It depends also on how good a writer can be so he/she develops the sequel very well done and doesn't screw it up like the maggot who ruined DB with DBGT.

But oh well, I don't think a sequel will ever be done to Evangelion anyways.