Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #1
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
FFX Help *spoiler*

Ok, I have finally beat sin with the crazy time limit and his even crazier high HP. I went through the crazy nearly invisible pathway, fought through those crazy tough monsters, and finally made it to this crazy dude that has been a pain in the ass everytime I've fought him.. Seymour. Seriously, why cant this dude just stay dead? How many times have I killed him already? Cmon, if people kill you more than once it might just hint you that the world doesn't want you alive.

Anyways, I have planned to cast holy with lulu and yuna until he dies, but he uses so much magic in 1 turn, yuna and lulu die before they even get a chance to go(they are my two characters with the lowest HP). The first time I went against him, the word that popped in his magic attack was "cheap". Cause it is. He casts like 5 powerful every one of his turn.

I tried looking at some walkthroughs but most just passed it off as a simple battle and gave info on it that I could have figured out myself or tell me to do things that I have no idea how to do (liek nullify his magic without using magic of your own.).

How can I beat this guy without leveling up to get my character's HP at 6000+? Or how is it possible to nullify his attacks?
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #2
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Re: FFX Help *spoiler*

Quote:
Originally posted by Chara

Or how is it possible to nullify his attacks?
You could go out and make some armour that will absorb fire, ice, lightning, and water element atacks for everybody. (eg. Fire Eater) That way, he would always heal you when he uses elemental atacks.
Or, cast the Null magics. But, to do that, you would have to keep casting them to hold the gard against the elements...

Ied say, level up, level up lots... I had 8000+ hp for all my characters when I fought him, and he is really pretty easy. You just need to over power him.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 02:39 AM   #3
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
do you have all the celestial weapons?

I just finished this game up yesterday btw..those last few battles are amazing..i forgot i was playing the ps2 for awhile.

Squaresoft did a superb job with this game.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jan 11th, 2004 at 02:44 AM..
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 02:45 AM   #4
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Infernal Mass

Those tough fiends you're facing in the sea of sorrow are nothing compared to what lies ahead...
They're all a bunch of push-overs... Jeckt, 3 attacks from any character, hes gone!

Edit: Seems you edited your post.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #5
Chara
Over the edge

Quote:
Originally posted by Infernal Mass

do you have all the celestial weapons?
Nah, I always thought getting stuff like that was a waste of time ebcause I usually finish RPGs with the weapons that were given to me at the beginning of the game. Hell, I got this far with just using the brotherhood with tidus and modifying it... Only weapn I really changed was lulu's dolls.

But I guess I'll get them since I have nothing to do today. At least I'll level up trying to get em... I never leveled up once in the game because I hate just leveling up. Only time I fight mosnters is if I am on the path for the first time.

Yea... I guess that's why my characters are so weak.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #6
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Chara
But I guess I'll get them since I have nothing to do today. At least I'll level up trying to get em... I never leveled up once in the game because I hate just leveling up. Only time I fight mosnters is if I am on the path for the first time.
the celestial weapons need to be powered up by finding the sigils relevant for each one (they improve the abilites on each one). Getting a full set is a long and arduous task, and one I didn't actually bother with. The last bosses aren't that hard with the right tactics... just don't ask me what they are because i've forgot ^_^

no foo's gonna make me jump lightning 200 times.

Last edited by kupoartist; Jan 11th, 2004 at 01:34 PM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #7
Infernal Mass
pariah

The celestial weapons are worth the trouble..some of the tasks are tedious but when you got them at full power it feels alot better than not having them at all.

missing 200 bolts is the worst one..i got it in 2 tries. The first try i got up to 189 before i got hit. The best thing to do is just pick a spot with one bolt..it may take longer but at least you're chances are better off.

btw were you able to find the three hidden aeons?

yojimbo,anima,magnus sisters..

i bet you could get thru fairly easy just with them

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jan 11th, 2004 at 05:34 PM..
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #8
Chara
Over the edge

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

the celestial weapons need to be powered up by finding the sigils relevant for each one (they improve the abilites on each one). Getting a full set is a long and arduous task, and one I didn't actually bother with. The last bosses aren't that hard with the right tactics... just don't ask me what they are because i've forgot ^_^

no foo's gonna make me jump lightning 200 times.
2...200?!

Ok so I won't be getting a full set... I got Tidus's weapn but that was it. I died on some fiend in mt gagazhet (I was low on health and I was being careless thinking I could beat it) and got mad and then turned the game off. Didnt try again since this morning.

I only have one of the hidden aeons, Anima. I would have the other two but I'm not paying gil to use Yojimbo and 300,000 at that. Since you need him to get the Magnus Sisters I havent gotten them either.

And which weapons have the ability for fire, ice, and water eater? I looekd through all my weapons and armor and t he only thing I saw that was possible was lightning eater. I couldnt find one with all 4.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #9
Infernal Mass
pariah

On the world map aboard the airship search around the mushroom rock area..find a location called "battle site"

There's a phantom bangle for LuLu if i remember correctly. It has everything but water eater..

stock up on fire gems, water gems,etc..for the eater ability.

Also Seymour uses Ultima doesn't he? ...i can't remember if he used it on me or if i used it on him. i remember he does the element spells like crazy..and delay buster doesn't work on him. try armor with sos shell..you can get those with lunar curtains.

Those celestial weapons break the 9999 damage limit..that's why they kick so much ass..some have triple overdrives too. If you don't want to get all the weapons i suggest heading to the omega ruins for awhile. Your chances of getting some really nice weapons are better there than in the sunken cavern were yojimbo is found..

speaking of yojimbo it's possible to get him for 250,000 or 270,000..i don't remember right now.. it's still alot of gil, but it's better than paying full price. just choose the second choice. You can bargin with him too.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jan 11th, 2004 at 07:03 PM..
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #10
AC Master

AC Master is on a distinguished road
I know you said you didn't want to, but the best thing you could do would be to level up all your players as much as possible (especially Lulu and Yuna) Fight the hardest bad guys you can find over and over, get all your overdrives powered up fully (including your aeons) and then go into battle. Like someone said earlier, you'll simply overpower them.
AC Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 07:59 PM   #11
Chara
Over the edge

Woah this thread is old...

Anywho, I did beat the guy without leveling up my characters. I never used null magic before and I thought it would nullify an attack on one character. After a while I just used the attack and found it worked on my entire party. So I just changed one wheel so his 4th attack was gonna be water, which one character had nullified and it was easy. The only Gf I brought out was bahumut since he was already at overdrive.

I beat the game a few weks ago and I guess I'll go and try to get the celestial weapons now. BUt there still is no way in hell I am gonna jump lightning 200 times.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:01 PM   #12
DarkJacob

DarkJacob is on a distinguished road
Well i used trio of 9999 too beat sin
DarkJacob is offline   Reply With Quote