Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Oct 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Question Furuba Questions *spoilers inside*

I need some help from people for understanding this series a little better.

I have a few questions:

am I wrong or we don't get to see two animals, horse and rooster? are there hints or clues about characters in the series who could be either of them?

are those two animals present in the manga?

is Akito one of them or is he just the "curse bearer" for all the juunishi?

if so, what is Akito's role? can anybody explain in a clear way?

why other Sohma people never object Akito's actions? why do they let him act as he does in any case without argueing?

why can't Akito erase memories himself? why does he need help from Hatori all the time?

why is he so cruel to Yuki in particular? just a random pick or are there precise reasons? why he seems to second the rivalry Yuki/Kyo so much?

why does the cat has a double curse? what's the point in that?

why is Hatori a seahorse instead of a dragon?

what's the "Black" form of Hatsuharu? can't see much difference between normal and black form...

Last edited by Hylas; Oct 19th, 2005 at 02:04 PM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
am I wrong or we don't get to see two animals, horse and rooster? are there hints or clues about characters in the series who could be either of them?
If you're watching the TV, the Horse and Rooster do not show up at all. If you're reading the manga, the Horse and Rooster characters do eventually show up...but very, very later on in the story. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just leave it at that unless you would like to know more about them.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Akito's role, honestly, is still a mystery to me and I've have every volume currently...he's still somewhat a "prick" but for his own reason...he has a secret of his own which is, honestly, pretty bad and if I were him, I'd be pretty damn bitter too...but not to the extent where I act like a complete a-hole. I think that Akito is the head and he governs the other Jyuunishi because of the curse he has himself. As for being the "curse bearer" or "curse bringer" I'm not sure if that's his role.

Quote:

No, I'm afraid I have no idea...unless you want to check up on translated versions of the manga online...I'm sure they might have some kind of clue.

Quote:
why other Sohma people never object Akito's actions? why do they let him act as he does in any case without argueing?
Unfortunately, I think it's because he is in the higher position than all of the other Jyuunishi...it's a form of respect to your superiors, at least that's what I think. Either that or it's one of those "fate" type things...where, the Jyuunishi and Akito must carry out their roles (Akito torments them, they must suffer) in order for their curses to be broken once and for all.

Quote:
why can't Akito erase memories himself? why does he need help from Hatori all the time?
I think Akito only talks big, acts big, acts smug, etc. but has no real powers himself...his only power is being intimidating and being manipulative.

Quote:
why is he so cruel to Yuki in particular? just a random pick or are there precise reasons? why he seems to second the rivalry Yuki/Kyo so much?
Yuki resembles or is the closest to Akito, I think in family relations...basically, Akito and Yuki grew up together nearly. Yuki's parents were
Spoiler: show
not exactly loving to their own "deformed" child and Akito was basically his friend...but being that he's a manipulative and evil little thing, Akito causes mental harm and pain for him...to the point where Yuki had to get out which is how he met the young Tohru.

Quote:
why does the cat has a double curse? what's the point in that?
As you may already know from the beginning, the Cat was not a part of the members who made it for the God's/Heaven's feast. So, as a result, he is considered an outcast...being a cat which is so common among the animal world, but not included among "Heaven's animals" so he is not worthy. As for the real or truthful reason why the Cat is not included in the Chinese Zodiac is a real mystery. But, what do you mean by "double curse"? Is it because of
Kyo's alter form? That is just part of the manga story, but has nothing to do with the actual Chinese zodiac...I think Natsuya wanted to make the story more interesting and make the Cat/Kyo the sufferer.

Quote:
The mangaka, Natsuya, tried to think of a way to make Hatori in his dragon form without him actually being a full-fledged dragon (because he'll just be too big). The seahorse is actually somewhat a descendant or a smaller form/alter form of the dragon (I think in Asian beliefs) so Natsuya decided on that for Hatori's transformation (plus, I think she wanted to go for the unexpected and kawaii appeal. ^_^)

Quote:
what's the "Black" form of Hatsuharu? can't see much difference between normal and black form...
There is quite a difference between the two. "Black Haru" is the more aggressive and easily angered version of Hatsuharu while "White Haru" (his normal form) is more docile and very "ohmmmmm"-like. "Black" Haru only appears whenever he gets provoked or something. It's merely a funny play/split-personality on his transformation, the
Cow, since a Cow is black and white.

I hope this helps answers some of your questions a little. I haven't really caught up much with the manga; I do have all the current volumes, but the story is dragging on just a bit much and I'm just losing interest/patience. It's still a wonderful manga though once she quits with the "Tohru-Yuki, Tohru-Kyo, Tohru-Yuki, Tohru-Kyo" love triangle problem.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I have a question too, now that I think about it...

How does the curse strike? I mean... are the cursed Sohma family members randomly chosen among the others or are there precise criteria? This is something that is not very clear, at least to me.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM   #4
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
How does the curse strike? I mean... are the cursed Sohma family members randomly chosen among the others or are there precise criteria? This is something that is not very clear, at least to me.
Yep, that's something I've been asking to myself too. BTW, thanks meryl, some things now are a bit clearer
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
I have a question too, now that I think about it...

I'm afraid I have no idea why only certain members of the Sohma family are cursed while others are not. It's an interesting question that I never thought of myself.

Quote:
BTW, thanks meryl, some things now are a bit clearer
You're very welcome, I'm glad to be of some help even though my information isn't entire correct or completely accurate.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Nov 27th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #6
wancie

wancie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Ummm hey I really dont know hpw to use the comp that well but I want to answer the questions so just bear with me

so I will answer the q's of Hylas after stating the question in a different color, ok here I go

this spoiles a lot

The rooster is Kureno and the horse is Rin and its in the manga, Kureno is like Akitos lacky, and rin is hatsuharus ex-girlfriend

yup yup

Akito is the god in the story

Because she , yes, she is the god she carries the full weight of the curse she was also raised from birth as a boy so she hates herself as well as everyone around her. eccept kureno and sometimes shigure, she is also going to die young because of the curse

she is their god, would you argue with god? but they do eventually leave her

Akito is fragile because of the curse

I cant answer this question because I sadly dont get what is ment

why does the cat has a double curse? what's the point in that?Likw meryl said this is just a plot twist

In japanese lore a seahorse is a baby dragon
wancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Excellent wancie! Thanks for providing clear answers to Hylas' questions. Now things make a bit more sense.

Welcome to the forums.

You Can Help

Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #8
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wancie
why is Hatori a seahorse instead of a dragon?In japanese lore a seahorse is a baby dragon
Plus, Dragons don't actually exist which is not a problem with the other zodiac animals

/me has just started collecting the Manga. Only recently finished the anime
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote