Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:42 PM   #21
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by David

I don't have problem with stress in games, are except the dang sport ones, only team sports(such as baseball, football, soccer, etc.).
Right now all I have are RPGs and TR2, but it's full of scratches. There's so many that not even the PS2 will play it.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:46 PM   #22
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Mclaren F1

I rearly do games to releive my stress, punching **** or sumone usually works a lot better
This comment really wasn't necessary, neither is violence towards others. I honestly didn't mean for this thread to become into something of that... genre, so please don't make it into one.

Anyway,

RolePlaying games are right up second on my list. Though If I'm having a bad day and I play a game but can't beat the mission at hand, it just makes it worse! hee. :>
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 01:09 AM   #23
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... This is a tough one for me. Videogames in general are a major stress reliever for me. I do remember back in the days of the NES and SNES games seemed to be more frustrating, though, in certain ways, causing me to throw my controller mercilessly to the floor a little too often. Remember the insane difficulty levels on those old NES games? You know those ones where they must not have paid the testers too much money so they decided to make us all miserable. Ok...I digress...
Yes, like most of you a good game of GTA3 or Vice City has always been a good stress reliever...causing mayhem in a city were I could easily spend hundreds of years in jail for in real life is always great. My favorite for relieving stress, though would have to be the driver series. (of course the game causes stress like no other...those cops barreling donw on you are insane, but that teeth clenching stress is therapeautic in itself...any fellow videogamer knows what I'm talkin about!) Never before had I played a game where you could experience such realism in being the most wreckless driver you wanted. Let me tell you...If you drive a lot and/ or have experienced the horrors of bumper to bumper traffic or jst plain have wanted to break every traffic law in the book because you're crazy...there's no greater relief than coming home to this game! Kill 'em all! Let God sort em out! mwahahahahaha!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 01:31 AM   #24
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Oh I have a Mad story! Last year I got in a horrible car accident fo real ( shut up i know what you're all thinking...) Basically, some guy's car had stopped dead ahead of me on a poorly lit bridge and was stalled. His lights were off for whatever reason so I didn't see him until it was too late. I ran into him at about 30. Anybody who knows anything about that sorta thing knows thats a HUGE impact. Anyways, I hit him so hard not only was my chest hurting from the impact to the steering wheel (no airbag) my nerves were shot for about 2 weeks afterwards mentally. Anyways...beat this for using videogames as therapy...I knew I had to face my fears if I were to get outta bed and off my azz again as well as drive again even so i turned on Driver 2 and GTA3 for a while and forced myself to get into terrible accidents, expecially ones where i traveled as fast as I could into another car's rear end. You have no idea how much that made me cringe to do it cuz I had always takin it for granted before in these games...these horrible accidents...people dont stop to realize what theyre actually doing in these games. Anywayz...it helped me face my fears and soon enough I was yelling "yeah in your face!" and cheering myself on everytime I crashed in a game.
Anyways...hope that was entertaining

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:36 AM   #25
Gadzoox
goon squad

I see you are still bored, Red.

Thats actually really neat about the crash thing!

AHHAAaa! Ever tried to beat the old arcade version of Gauntlet? Me and my friend (my friend and I, whatever!) spent from 9pm to 6am playing it and I swear the number of levels never ends!!! It was funny. And by funny I mean sad.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:43 AM   #26
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
For stress relief I sometimes like to play GTA3 or Vice City! GTA mostly and go to the campus killing the pasafists and looking at their note pads with the sniper zoom! lol!

Or any Fighting game like Dead Or Alive ect....(even tho I hate the fact it was obviously designed by a Sexist man!)

But for stress relief without the aid of a game, try this:

Close your eyes and imagine your far far away from all the hustle and bustle of life, you can see the green grass and hear the waterfall nearby, the birds are singing around you, there's a lake and the waters so perfectly clear you can make out the face of the person you're holding under!

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 05:25 AM   #27
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally posted by Piggle_humsy

But for stress relief without the aid of a game, try this:

Close your eyes and imagine your far far away from all the hustle and bustle of life, you can see the green grass and hear the waterfall nearby, the birds are singing around you, there's a lake and the waters so perfectly clear you can make out the face of the person you're holding under!

Piggle
x x x x
OMG, Piggle, that's absolutely priceless!!! Yours is a special kind of insanity isn't it?
_RED_ stuff

Old Feb 24th, 2003, 05:38 AM   #28
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Yes Red I like to think of Myself as Special!
How nice of you to notice!
Hang on.....Something said not good.......

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:59 AM   #29
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

TR2
I forgot, tomb raider games are stress releivers for me, but some bits are fustrating, but its all fun.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 08:43 AM   #30
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Return to castle wolfenstein is great for relief after a tough day.
Setting fire to some nazis always gets the job done.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #31
YunaDiva05
Sweet Angel

YunaDiva05 is on a distinguished road
When I am bored or stressed I can do a number of things. Playing video games such as Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and etc. but thats on a good day and when they are available lol. Like the other day I got to where I was bored and tried to tattoo my ankle ( not sure if it turned out or not will see in a few days) lol. I guess you can say I'm crazy.

~*~ "Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can
sometimes just... be an illusion." ~*~
YunaDiva05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #32
Mclaren F1

Mclaren F1 is on a distinguished road
Well, you asked what games i play to relieve my stress, i dont play games to relieve my stress, i beat shit up to get rid of my stress, and my anger menagement issues dont help.

I wasnt tryin to turn your topic into anything, i was just sharing my ways of calming down, try your closet door for starters..
Mclaren F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #33
Gadzoox
goon squad

I only didn't like the part where you said "or punch someone." :\

Sorry, I think we got our wires a little crossed. Punching /stuff/ is okay! Well, it might hurt depending on what it is.. my brother broke his and on a street sign! heh, and he's already done the closet door thing, hehe.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 08:35 PM   #34
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Re: Stress Relief?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Which genre of game (or game in specific even, if any at all) do you play when you've had a really bad, unpsetting, and/or stressful day?
Whenever I am stressed or a little angry, I try to play fighting games, .... sometimes even Vice City. But if everything is going smooth.....I like to play games like Shenmue II and Metal Gear Solid 2 in which I can spend some time without being angry at certain things.

Sometimes I am in a hurry and still wanna play some games, I try on a Shoot Em up or a Car Racing game.

But yeah....games like Tekken 4 really helps me in STRESS! Go Lin Xioyu... kick everybody's arse!!!
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 11:08 PM   #35
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Stress Relief?

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Go Lin Xioyu... kick everybody's arse!!!
hehehehe, Lin Xioyu is one of my fav tekken characters
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #36
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally posted by YunaDiva05

When I am bored or stressed I can do a number of things. Playing video games such as Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and etc. but thats on a good day and when they are available lol. Like the other day I got to where I was bored and tried to tattoo my ankle ( not sure if it turned out or not will see in a few days) lol. I guess you can say I'm crazy.

I did not notice you before YunaDiva05... I'm not sur eif you introduced yourself or not. (your poor ankle btw i hope u have practice with that sorta thing...lol) Anyways... I thought I'd take the opportunity to wlecome you to the forums. PEACE oh and have a frappacino...it's free.

_RED_ stuff

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #37
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
I also think SSX tricky is a awsome game to play after a hard day!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #38
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

I did not notice you before YunaDiva05... I'm not sur eif you introduced yourself or not. (your poor ankle btw i hope u have practice with that sorta thing...lol) Anyways... I thought I'd take the opportunity to wlecome you to the forums. PEACE oh and have a frappacino...it's free.

_RED_ stuff
She did introduce herself. It all started with Deathwatchz thread "Can you guess who my girlfirend is?", I think that was the name. She had also put up a topic that strangely diappeared.

YunaDive, Did you try to give yourself a permamnent one?(just curious) You don't have to answer this if you don't want to. I'd say i go revert to Budokai, but that game may make me more stressful instead of relieving th stress.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:25 PM   #39
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Gaming streess me, with all the wires n such argh,

When im really stressed, a cig calms me down,
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 01:30 AM   #40
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

But that doesnt mean you should smoke kids! Said it for you Mark0

_RED_ stuff