Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Jun 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #1
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Question Prince of Persia Trilogy

What do you all think about the Prince of Pesia Trilogy?

I think The Sands of Time, has the most polish. It may be a bit easy..but that's the best way to appeal to a larger crowd.

Warrior Within, is a step forward in terms of difficulty, combat, and the platforming. The combat in Sands of Time was good, when you factor in all the moves like wall dives and the counter attacks. Warrior Within, has all those moves and much more. It also has a great story, with lots of influence from films like Back to the Future. The music and darker tone get alot of negative criticism. Which I can understand..Stuart Chatwood, returned from the first game to do all the music except for the Godsmack (there is some good music in WW btw). I just wish someone would have told the Warrior Within team that - "I don't need to be rockin' out while I'm just climbing a damn ledge", while fighting..yes, please proceed with the electric guitar. The game just needed a bit more polish.

Two Thrones is looking good so far, the stealth kills add yet another level of gameplay to the mix. This may be a bit subjective but, I hate it when a succesful Intellectual Property gets tossed around from team to team, it's like a big gang bang or something..things just tend to get sloppy by the end. I think Prince of Persia breaks the trend though, everyone who added to the series and helped it evolve did a successful job. I still got a while before i finish TT but it's been fun. Looking forward to finishing it to see how it all turns out.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
im a big fan of Sands of Time, but i havent played the 2 sequels, i heared alot of bad things about Warrior Within though. Should i skip that and go right ahead to The Two Thrones ?

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #3
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
im a big fan of Sands of Time, but i havent played the 2 sequels, i heared alot of bad things about Warrior Within though. Should i skip that and go right ahead to The Two Thrones ?
The Two Thrones is the better game then Warrior Within but I say go ahead and get both. Warrior Within is still pretty fun and different from Two Thrones with the time traveling element and plus playing it would let you more deeply involved with the story then just skipping to Two Thrones. Since plenty things are referenced to WW at the start of the game. So I say get both, their both great in there own right.

But as for my thoughts I think the POP trilogy is fantastic one of those few long running series of games that still stay fresh all the way through. But as for WW I wasn't bothered from the new mature theme it took on (I was surprised since I didn't imagine the prince would turn so dark if you take sands of time as any indication.) the only thing that I really didn't like about WW was the change in voice acting. Going from Yuri Lowenthal from SOT to Robin Atkin Downes as prince in WW was irritating and not an improvement. Robin is a good voice actor and has plenty of good roles in gaming under his belt but they should of stuck with Yuri, he had it nailed in SOT. The rock music while your platforming or not doing any fighting was stupid as well, I agree with that. Rock music during fighting was nice though, even though I really don't like Godsmack. I wouldn't of minded rock music during the Dahaka chases or some intense music, that is one thing WW needed though was more Dahaka chases those were the most fun to do IMO.

I also felt the game was a bit rushed in terms of polish there were plenty of glitches and for one cutscene the audio entirely glitched out (and there is nothing I could do about it, I even exchanged a copy. Good thing there were subtitles so I knew what was going on.) so that could of either been universal or just a problem with the Gamecube discs of the game. The one MAJOR glitch that I didn't like is that you could somehow have a save glitch around the sand portals and turn into the sandwraith early and thus you couldn't proceed with the game it was entirely gaming ending.

I'm not sure how it transpired but I think it happens if you save when the sand portal is set up, so saving before you click the switches nulls the glitch, I'm not entirely sure since it's been a year since I beat the game. But ever since that glitch happened I stopped saving at sand portals, it was pretty frustrating.

I haven't beaten The Two Thrones yet but thus far it is my favorite of the series from what I've played. Yuri Lowenthal back as the prince made me happy, the fighting is just as good as WW, the platforming is still excellent and the stealth kills is a nice added element. So for me it was like taking the best elements of SOT, WW and merging them together to bring The Two Thrones to fruition. But overall the POP trilogy is fantastic and glad I bought all three of them, I can't wait to see where the series goes next.

Last edited by Beretta55; Jun 14th, 2006 at 05:58 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #4
Infernal Mass
pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
I'd recommend playing thru Warrior Within, it sets up Two Thrones nicely. Plus, the darker prince from Warrior Within and his evolution from a warrior to a hero play a big part in the story of The Two Thrones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
But as for WW I wasn't bothered from the new mature theme it took on (I was surprised since I didn't imagine the prince would turn so dark if you take sands of time as any indication.) the only thing that I really didn't like about WW was the change in voice acting. Going from Yuri Lowenthal from SOT to Robin Atkin Downes as prince in WW was irritating and not an improvement. Robin is a good voice actor and has plenty of good roles in gaming under his belt but they should of stuck with Yuri, he had it nailed in SOT.
Yea, that is part of what i was referring to with the gang bang theory statement. When an IP shifts from team to team and little/sometimes big changes occur. I thought Robin did well in WW, The Prince was on the run from the Dhaka for seven years, in that time i was able to accept that his voice would change (without taking a stupid pill). I thought Yuri was a great pick in Sands of Time, but what made it worse was how they went back to Yuri for T2T's(i had to take a stupid pill). At least they could've brought Farrah's voice actress back as well, and Monica Belluci again for the Empress. that would've been great, but those are the kinds of details and polish that an originator of an IP pays more attention to..I mean Kojima doesn't change voice actors for Solid Snake every other game.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jun 14th, 2006 at 09:25 PM..
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #5
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
I cannot say much as I have not finished any of them, but I do own all three of them on my Nintendo GameCube. Its a great series, and fun to play whenever I have time. I would recommend it to any action adventure fan.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #6
Infernal Mass
pariah

rumors of another Prince of Persia game have surfaced, it is not known however if it'll be the same prince from the original trilogy.