Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:49 AM   #1
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

Vulcan Raven is on a distinguished road
Smile Thoughts on what Final Fantasy Xll will be like?

All the past FF's have been awesome, but i am a little worried about FFXll. I know FFXl Online is coming out but that will be like a side Final Fantasy, A bit more on the everquest side but better i guess, but Final Fantasy 12 will be the next full game to come out (exept FFX-2) and all i have seen is concept art of some beast that looks like Red Xlll from FFVll. and apparently it may be based on the movie Final Fantasy: the spirits within movie. NO MAGIC¿?????????¿ weiiiird move square!!

and if not, what do you guys think it will be based or you guys want it to be based on??

~Auron Fan~

[QUOTE] It is here..somewhere...AH! I FOUND IT! THE NEW FFX-2 GAME!!!! (Auron, FFX)
Vulcan Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:50 AM   #2
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I don't really care what it's like, but I'd have to see more on the game before I make any judgements about it.

Here's a pic someone showed me:
https://ffwa.org/news/images/2001/15%...-xii-small.jpg
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:21 PM   #3
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Re: Thoughts on what Final Fantasy Xll will be like?

ooh boy! finally, the FFXII "concept" has returned...
hands up all those who remember LiquidSm0ke , Squaresoft employee extraordinaire? ... memories... you see, this very topic was the one that made me actually join the forums. Fear it!!!

The Problem now, is that the Website I linked 1 and a half years ago, is now somthing completely different. I'll see if I can find another source for that :/ Just remember one thing: As revealing as the costumes in FFX-2 are, it'll be a cold day in hell before Square allows... well... just look closely at her boobs. They're not allowed to poke through like that. Also, note that the entire background is basically a copy (and probably an exact copy) of the one Rinoa is seen in, in FF8. (the article found another version with an author's name, website and "Final Fantasy" on it, so it was just a photoshoped pic. Not a bad one, but not Square Quality.)

This: https://ffwa.org/news/30-07-2003.html is all we really know about FFXII. These: https://ffwa.org/news/27-12-2002.html are all we've seen of it. From them, we can be pretty certain that FFXII won't be based on the Movie (Square have made some pretty stupid decisions in the past, but making a film of such an average film would probably be up there with Mystic Quest). Haven't seen anything offical about a Red XIII like character, though I think sapient-Animal types are pretty cool...

The rest is speculation. No-one except square knows what FFXII will be like. If they did, Square would probably incase their feet in concrete and throw them in the Canal. Sadly, Square recently said that FFXII will not be shown at TGS (Japan's Equivilent of E3 or ECTS), so we'll be waiting quite some time... just think how long its going to take to get to Europe!

Or perhaps the release isn't that far away, and Square are pulling a Valve Software ?

Last edited by kupoartist; Sep 22nd, 2003 at 01:34 PM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:49 PM   #4
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

Thumbs up Thanks Guys!

Hey thanks guys for that info,

and yeah, that pic does look a little familliar to me!

(Rinoa, FFVIII)

and yes, that character dosent look too cool either...

We should keep this Thread up and keep it going so is anyone finds any updates or news about FFXII it can be shared here.

and i truly have seen a pic of a animal beast like creature looking along the lines of FFVII's Red XIII.

and all those ppl who have played FFX, (i'm guessing thats all of you...if not, you are missing out BIG TIME!!!)

i have started again for the kajilllionth time and am up to the part in mt Gagazet where you fight Seymour with some ridiculious HP of 70,000 and his Morti-thing with 4,000.

I forgot how goddamn hard that part was!!!!!

And by the way, i really have no clue in how you post Pics on threads, I know I know its BBcode or VB Code, BUT HOW DO YOU USE BBCODE or VB code?????? someone please tell me...ssjtrunks...the artist......????

PLEEASE!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:26 AM   #5
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Alright, I just said he showed it to me though, ah well. Artist, the 2 ffwa.org links don't seem to be working from this computer.

I've never really heard anything about things that look kinda like Red XIII, but it sounds interesting.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:52 AM   #6
neomarik
Dark Angel Knight

neomarik is on a distinguished road
if its anything like the other ff titles it should be great. i would like if it had a multiplayer function.

The time for redemption will come, and all shall be condemed forever into darkness.
neomarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:44 PM   #7
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by neomarik
i would like if it had a multiplayer function.
A full blown FFXI MMORPG type thing is sadly going to be unlikely, but I'm pretty sure that Square-Enix are planning on putting some kind of Internet function into FFXII. Perhaps it'll be GBA style party battles (hopefully with more depth) and item sharing. I'd quite like Downloadable content (would require the HDD though...), a special co-operative quest, or even an option to play the entire game co-operatively.... or all the above! After the relative success of FFXI (at least in Japan), Network Adapter stuff is surely being considered. Lets hope that its in.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:58 PM   #8
Brit

Brit is on a distinguished road
to post pics

u just need to save ur pic on ur own webspace and then link it

with [IMG] https://url [/IMG]
(without the gaps)
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:34 PM   #9
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

umm yeah thanks guys !!

thanks for the code stuff.

i cant find a place where anyone will host my pics.

i just had to use some othert MGS pic off a random site, BUT IT WORKED AY!!!!

does anyone know of a good site where you can create ur own site AND host pics??

Expage.com sucks and does not host pics..so not that.

and the site has to be quite easy to use AND free!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:17 PM   #10
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

the word around the place is that we'll know by November... : www.ff12.com
Old Sep 28th, 2003, 06:06 PM   #11
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Someone on the GameFAQs board pointed out that the poster for FFXII has a Bangaa on it somewhere, one of the races from FFTA. I checked it out on the webpage artist put up in that other FFXII thread and I noticed that they were right, think there could be a connection?
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #12
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
Someone on the GameFAQs board pointed out that the poster for FFXII has a Bangaa on it somewhere, one of the races from FFTA. I checked it out on the webpage artist put up in that other FFXII thread and I noticed that they were right, think there could be a connection?
Perhaps... It would be nice if a new race was adopted to fit in with the classic Chocobo and Moogle couple (though they should have kept the Moombas!), but I wouldn't go reading anything too specific to the characters portrayed in the concept art. Just have a look at some of the full colour, locale specific concepts for FFX: they look nothing like the actual characters. Its a Maybe, Maybe not situation.

In regards to the forthcoming unveiling of the game, www.gameforms.com have reported the following:
Quote:
Square Enix representatives have been handing out postcards at the Tokyo Game Show that give additional information about what to expect from Final Fantasy XII's unveiling on November 19.

The unveiling will take place at Virgin Cinema in Tokyo's Roppongi Hills shopping center. Don't expect a playable build, though - the cards only indicated that we would see the game's logo, examples of the graphics, and some (but not all) of the major characters.
sounds an event worth looking forward to, even if it seems like they're really just teasing us with a little information to whet our appetites...
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #13
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Whatever, I just found it interesting somehow.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:17 AM   #14
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

Angry FFX's Crappy startup part!

Hey I know this is NOTHING to do with FFXII but in Final Fantasy X, on the menu there is a crappy 'Playonline.com' logo at the top and stuff. And in the US and JAP versions they had Tidus Wading in the water in Besaid.

Exactly the same thing with the Boxart.

I Really dont care about that kinda stuff because 'You can't judge a book by its cover!'

and looks can be decieving!!!!

Final Fantasies should have cool boxart to attract non RPGers (people who normally dont play RPG's)

ANYWAY.........

just forget i even said ALL that.

Now The Artist, you get so much info!!!! without you this forum would SUCK!!!!

I mean you either search the net for the news or know the right sites togo to OR you could be a gamer undercover in the SQUARE offices and supplying the gamers with THE INFO!!!

lol.

NOW........

Do you guys know if Nubuo Uematsu has released any music from FFXII????

i doubt it but it would be cool to hear!!!

and does anybody know if Square has said anything about how many MORE final fantasies they will make?

hopefully lots more!!

Will there ever be a FINAL fantasy????

well, post back if you have any awnsers or queries...

~Grim Reaper~

and hey, SSJ Trunks 13,

as i can see you like DBZ (dragon Ball Z)

Or you used to and still have the name..

but where you live,

(i live in New Zealand!)

is Dragon Ball GT out??

just seeing...

~~~ ~~~
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:41 AM   #15
Hero
Lost Hero

Hero is on a distinguished road
Some things that I sorta know but don't really know for sure.
Protagonist : Female
Gameplay type : Mix of FF8 and FF6.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 10:14 PM   #16
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I've actually heard there might be some FFTA referrences, like having the races of FFTA in the game but of course nothing is certain.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 12:50 AM   #17
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

sounds interesting to me...
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #18
Macalania

Macalania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I don't really care what it's like, but I'd have to see more on the game before I make any judgements about it.

Here's a pic someone showed me:
https://ffwa.org/news/images/2001/15%...-xii-small.jpg
**I think that may not be the same final fantasy, it could be a clever fake though. But that pic to me is probably a future final fantasy that only has only that character, and that scene completed. Either one is credible, but im not sure.**
Macalania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #19
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
I dunno if anyone said anyhting about this, but this is a scan of some detailed news about the game:

https://www.geocities.com/fr0zenknight/ffxii.txt

Her skirt is cut a little short, no?

Last edited by Chara; Jan 13th, 2004 at 09:17 PM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #20
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Macalania
**I think that may not be the same final fantasy, it could be a clever fake though. But that pic to me is probably a future final fantasy that only has only that character, and that scene completed. Either one is credible, but im not sure.**
Believe me, its a fake. It was proved at the time, much to the dismay of many news sites who either admited their mistake or let it drift off into the archives to get deleted.

I refer you to: https://forums.ffonline.com/showthrea...&threadid=4024

Quote:
Originally posted by FozIt's a fake.
This screenshot first appeared months ago, and turned out to be someone else's CG work nicked and given a Final Fantasy logo. A couple of sites have recently rediscovered it and the rumours have started all over again... Gamesrader should really know better than to do this, as they've been caught out before - last year, they posted up someone's CG art as a screenshot from an upcoming Naughty Dog title. After much swearing and threatening by lawyers from both Naughty Dog and the Dutch artist concerned, they printed a full, and extremely grovelling retraction.

The "Square 2001" copyright should be a bit of a giveaway anyway - the game only went into pre-production in December 2001 (Yasumi Mitsuno admitted this a couple of months ago, stating that work was put back while everyone attached to FFXII worked on getting PlayOnline up & running). Not enough time to get any CG work done, certainly...

I don't expect any real FFXII screenies to appear till the Fall Tokyo Game Show.
Also see how few sites have articles on this supposed FFXII character art, and how few of them are decent sources. And have a look at the field in the Liberi Fatali opening video for FFXII, and tell me that they aren't the same

Edit: also, any new FFXII news should be posted in the "Final Fantasy XII" thread rather than this old thread!

Last edited by kupoartist; Jan 14th, 2004 at 05:35 PM..