Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 11:20 PM   #1
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
Question Multiple Console Owners

I'm a PS2 owner exclusively. There was a time when I was a PC gamer, but that seems to have gone away.

It seems that most gamers these days own more than one console. I'm curious how many people there are in this forum that do own more than one console and how many there are that own just one console.

I've thought about getting an xbox at times, but then I think of all the money I have invested in the PS2, as far as games and accessories go, and then I think better of it.

Am I missing out by not owning another console? Or is it a "grass is always greener on the other side" scenario?
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #2
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
I own all three game systems.

What can I say? I love to play games and I personally think it is kinda of stupid to just limit yourself to just one console, unless truly none of the games on it interest you. Besides a lack of money, why just own one system?

Company loyalties? HAHAHAHA

Well, if you want an Xbox, you should know that there are a lot of good FPS games on it. If you like FPS games then you'll like the Xbox.

It also has some good RPGs if you like D&D(Except for Fable which is hack-n-slash).

Also, Xbox Live is also great if you have broadband, just get a few friends and load up a game and have fun with it.
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #3
Drafter-T
Dialed In

The only reason I bought a PS2 in the beginning was because it seemed like there were more games for it and it seemed to be the most popular choice at the time. Like I said, I'm happy with it, not because I'm a "fanboy" or anything, I just like it. And yes, money is definitely keeping me from branching out, lol.

But, I have considered an xbox many times. There are definitely a few games for it that I'd like to check out. I don't know. Maybe at this point it would be best to wait for the next gen.

Plus there's that whole deal about my wife murdering me when I walk in the house with the xbox. It wouldn't be a pretty site.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM   #4
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
plus you don't want to go buy an xbox now, just wait for xbox 2 or playstation 3

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #5
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
I own ps2 and a xbox, ps2 sucks bad atm, So im gonna get a gamecube for all its cool titles too.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #6
Urahara Kisuke

Urahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished road
I own all 3 systems right now because there is always 1 game I want, but it was never on the system I had, so I had to get them all.

Urahara Kisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 10:16 AM   #7
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
I am planning on getting a gamecube just for the new zelda game that's coming out. There also is a few other games that I want to try out. If I can get a used one for like 30 bucks then I'd go ahead and get me a gamecube. I want the xbox also, but it just costs way too much for me at the moment... Personally I think the Xbox is currently the best console out, mainly due to Xbox live. Funny since when the console first came out everyone thought it would suck...
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 12:12 PM   #8
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
i at one time owned all three.. but... i turned my back on the PS2 and GC and went full out xbox.. at one time i had 4 of them to myself... but i needed cash so i sold one... traded one in towards some shit... my one i bought when it first came out just crashed *rip pirate*... it was and is my favorite console.. i bought a PS2 when it first came out... now dont get me wrong.. i loved my ps2... all 3 of them i had to buy cause they kept breaking... i just finally got so pissed off that i abandoned them and just played my friends Ps2's when i wanted to... My gamecube... oh how i miss it.. not a lot of great games sure.. but it was a really great console.. i loved playin mario golf.. mario party... zelda... warioware... Animal Crossing ... such a good console... but unfortunately.. i'm too nice.. a good friend of mine who is very pooor wanted one really bad.. .as at the time i had 2 xbox and a ps2 as well.. i didnt mind giving it up... oh how i miss it now... specially with RE4....

so in closing.. i've owned them all.. love them all.. but if i had to go with one.. Xbox all the way... and right now my baby *disco*... is the LE halo xbox.. and i'm a halo junkie... if i could.. i would make love to my xbox.. the end

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM   #9
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
trunks how could you. Resident Evil 4 is Fucking amazing your really missing out . get your GC back and play RE4.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM   #10
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
trunks how could you. Resident Evil 4 is Fucking amazing your really missing out . get your GC back and play RE4.
It was one of my best friends.... but he gave it to his g/f that he is now broken up with .. and she lives like 6 hours away.. goddammit... if i had known then what i know now... *cries*.. i'm ashamed yes... now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go weep some more

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:01 PM   #11
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
If you're an avid gamer, i highly recommend the xbox. There's alot to appreciate with the system. Internal Memory/Custom Soundtracks/Good Third party support etc.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:09 PM   #12
LeCrap

LeCrap is on a distinguished road
I have a PS2 which I love and will marry...once my activist group gets the law changed so a man and his PS2 can get married....Imagine the little PSP's we'll make....anyway, I have a PC, too....and a GBA. I use the PC as much as my PS2, and I don't really touch my GBA anymore.
LeCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM   #13
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
I'm a PS2 owner exclusively. There was a time when I was a PC gamer, but that seems to have gone away.

It seems that most gamers these days own more than one console. I'm curious how many people there are in this forum that do own more than one console and how many there are that own just one console.

I've thought about getting an xbox at times, but then I think of all the money I have invested in the PS2, as far as games and accessories go, and then I think better of it.

Am I missing out by not owning another console? Or is it a "grass is always greener on the other side" scenario?
As ya know already Drafter I'm a PS2 only gamer, I've been tempted to think about xbox myself at times, but I dislike Microsoft and the guy who created to much to give in

I sure hope my new used pute shows up like planned on Fri. night, I'm really lookin forward to checkin out what games might be available on that bad boy.
Not sure if there are any online games out at this time I'd be interested in playin but with 2000 mb's of RAM it would be fun to look at some of em.
Yaaaaaaaaaaahooooooo!

Do ya know if online pute games have mic support?
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 01:02 PM   #14
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
The current generation of Consoles kind of passed me by... well actually, I only got a PS1 in 2000 and something anyway, so the generation before that passed me completely by. I got a PS2 in 2002, and to be perfectly honest I don't feel particuarlly fufilled by it. I completed FFX, but I didn't really like it much. Kingdom Hearts was good enough, and Metal Gear Solid 2 was the only game I'd really claim to have been among my all time favorites on the PS2. Still, I've been using it loads for the DVD capability.

I don't own an X-Box or Gamecube. I suspect that I'd actually rate the X-Box over the PS2 - the only real clincher has been Square-Enix exclusivity on the PS2, and the games in the last generation haven't been anything amazing whatsoever. I'm intrigued by the GC, but i've never taken the plunge so I can explore its rather appealing catalogue. Resident Evil 4 sounds mighty tempting... even though i've never really played a RE game before . Would like to play those Metroid games as well, but it's something i've not really got the time to do.

I sold my soul to my PC. Well actually, I spent about £600 on Hardware, but I reckon that's about the price that my Soul would fetch over eBay.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #15
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks69420
It was one of my best friends.... but he gave it to his g/f that he is now broken up with .. and she lives like 6 hours away.. goddammit... if i had known then what i know now... *cries*.. i'm ashamed yes... now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go weep some more
Aww Trunks don't cry... Here lean on my shoulder. *pats his head softly* Everything will be ok Trunks, just take deep breaths. As for me I have 3 consoles, used to have 6. I had the original Nintendo, N64, & Sega. Now I have Ps1, PS2, & GC. Lookin forward to PS3. Savin money for that bad boy.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #16
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Well, this is all really interesting. It would seem that the majority of people own more than one console. I wasn't sure, but I kinda figured it to be the other way, and in reality it might be, since so many people have consoles that would never think of visiting a gaming site, or take part in one.

But what I'm getting out of this is at least people that really love gaming and are really into it, most of them have multiple consoles.

If I can get an Xbox brand new for a good price, I might think about it one of these days, but with the next gen coming out relatively soon, I'll probably just wait for that, if I do decide to get an xbox.

I love my PS2. I must, I spend hours playing it, lol. But there are definitely some xbox games I'd like to check into. There's alot to be said for not being limited to one way of doing things. It would be nice to have more flexibility in getting the best of both worlds.

Thx for the info and the advice!
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #17
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
get a gamecube. lol jk im glad you chose the xbox i dont have one but im thinkin of getting one, or maybe getting an xbox 2 if its backwards compatible
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #18
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

Billyum7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have ps2 and gamecube..Biggest mistake of my life...I got the GC for Windwaker which turned out to be a total bust..should have gotten a xbox. but now a new zelda is coming out so well see. I like ps2 of all 3 systems thou..

I am the Grand Theft Auto GuRu

My FORUMS
Billyum7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 05:31 AM   #19
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I have all three major systems but seem to play all my games on the PC. One exception is the fact I chose to get KOTR 2 on the xbox because i thought i was rather neglecting it.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #20
Kerotan#6

Kerotan#6 is on a distinguished road
i own 2 next gen systems (Xbox and PS2) plus the old old skool systems like nintendo super nintendo and used to have sega and i have like all the gameboys cuz im a retard and dont like to get ride of them cept i dont have the DS yet....
Kerotan#6 is offline   Reply With Quote