Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 30th, 2003, 01:17 AM   #1
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Question The Supernatural

I started a thread similar to this wayyy back , but it didn't get much response, so I thought I'd try it again and make it more open ended this time.

SAy anything here you want abou tthe supernatural. Do you believe in such happenings or not. Some or all of it? Etc.

Also, more importantly, if you think you have experienced something related to the supernatural or know somebody who has by all means feel free to share it here. Hope this turns out...mysterious...mwahahaha!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #2
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
There has been happening strange things around me in the past but my mind wasn't always that clear...but one thing I remember very clearly. It was in the morning I was under the shower and the door was shut and there was nobody else at home and all of a sudden the door was kicked I scared the hell out of me my breathing stopped and I was like WTF!!! Then a second and I think it was a third( not sure anymore it was some time ago). I was scared stiff and waited for like 2 minutes before I got the nerve to open the door.....there was nothing there and I wandered around the house and all the doors were locked... I tried to forget it ever happened cause it freaked me out....

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:38 AM   #3
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
I don't remember if I have replied last time you asked, so I'll give my answer now.

I don't think I'm much of a believer in supernatural events. It's really hard for me to believe in this kind of things, mostly because nothing like that has ever happened in my life. Yes, my life is probably boring
BTW, sometimes elements that seem to belong to the "supernatural" are projections of people's weaknesses, desires, fears etc... They see what they want (or in some cases, what they don't want) to see.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 11:26 AM   #4
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Cool thread. I do believe in the paranormal. The house I'm currently living in and which I've spent most of my life growing up in is haunted I think. A lot of weird things happenend in my house as I was growing up to make me beleive this is true. I remember when I was younger I went up into my attic and wrote in chalk on the stair well "be gone ghosts leave this house". That night while my family and I were eating dinner the clock on our wall just floated off the wall hung in the hair for like 30 sec and then crashed into the floor. The whole family was like what was that.
A more recent experiance that occured was last summer me and my friend spent the whole night skating so we decided to crash at my house. We came home at 7:00 in the morning and tried to sleep in my downstairs living room. As we lied there we heard something moving around in my parents upstairs bedroom. I asked my friend if they heard it and they said yes who's up there? I said knowbody we're the only ones here. Eventually one of my freind and me couldn't sleep so we went out to my pond to fish. When we returned the friend who had stayed in my house and slept on the couch said it was the most terrifying experiance of his life. He said he could still here the noise upstairs and he didn't want to open his eyes. Pretty funny considering we were 18 at the time.
As of recently though not a lof of strange things happen at my house. When I was younger I was positive I could see ghosts all the time in my house. It's been a while since I've seen anything suspicious so maybe my house isn't haunted anymore.
Well I've taken up a lot of room. I have a lot more stories about my house so if anyone wants to hear more I'm more than willing to share. Sorry for the long post
Old May 30th, 2003, 11:32 AM   #5
solidsnaketag

ya i believe in the super natural. Were not the only things living in the whole universe. Soo ya i belive theres other stuff we dont know
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:08 AM   #6
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Ack, I hate ghosts
I believe in ghosts and they really, well, terrify me.

I haven't had any real experinces with them, except once.

Me and my brother were alone at home since my parents were out who knows where. I was feeling pretty sick that night and eventually got a bad stomachace. It was around 2am and I couldn't sleep. I had already taken some meds to see if it would go away, but it didn't. So then, I went to my brother's room to let him know. He was already sleeping
But anyway, after I woke him up and told him, he told me to just try an go to sleep.
For some reason though, I felt uneasy. He understood this and said I could sleep in his room. Now it was about 3 and I still couldn't sleep, so I woke him up again. He sat up and just... sat there. There was a silence for quite a while and it was quite disturbing. Then all of a sudden, the lights switched on and off a couple of times and then some small books and papers he had on a small desk just... flew off ! Just like that ! It was as if someone had knocked them over, but it wasn't him, and much less me.

I swear, I almost had a heart attack.
I hate these things *mena is terrified by things like these*

But please, do tell, Azuma ! I wanna hear some more
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:10 PM   #7
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
The supernatural eh? Well i believe for sure... There are events in history and in my life that just cannot be explained by normal means of any kind... plus i feel that there is an essense of everyone alive and dead sort of a "force" if you will... Sometimes i feel in tune w/ this force of life and it freaks me out... you can feel the pain of others and other crazy things... (I know i sound like a nut)
i am obsessed w/ starwars and i seriously think there is something to all the mystic levels in those movies... They definitley hint at paranormal existance in some way shape or form, the ghost the ability to manipulate life spirit and stuff... I seem to be rambling a tad but to me it is a jumble of words that seem to make sense
There is also not really a paranormal thing but a thing of fate or divine appointment.... things happen or fall in sequence that are just insane, if hings happen any other way it would seem odd... to take a line from a great movie "there is no fate but what we make for ourselves", but this statement in itself can be a perplexing thing to understand as well.... All this speculation of mine leads me to believe that something like the matrix is real in fact... Things in the first movie are really well explained for phenomenon that occur in life and they seem somewhat logical...

Does any of what i said make sense?

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:53 PM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Nice thread.

Anyway, I do believe in the supernatural and yeah, they freak me out too. Nothing has happened to me (thankfully) but there is an incident that involved a friend of my parents:

2000/2001:
The friend of my parents has a friend who was renting an apartment. This apartment is near campus area since I live in a college town. This friend renting the apt. didn't know the room was haunted and no one rented that room for a while because the building isn't exactly a popular spot. Plus, I think no one knew the room was haunted. Anyway, my parents' friend is helping his pal move in and they notice dark stains on the wall near a dark corner. They went over to inspect it and it was actually dirt...like dried mud in a way. They washed it off and left it alone and finished unpacking. My parents' friend left that night and the next day, he gets a call from his pal telling him to come over to his apt. because he had something to show him. He goes over and his pal leads him in the bathroom towards the shower stall. The guy looks in and there's dirt all over the floor, like gravel, pieces of grain...mostly dry, nothing like soil or anything. The pal said that he went to take a shower and when he turned on the water, the water was brown and the pieces of dirt kept coming out. He turned on the water to prove it and my parents' friend said that the water was brown and more gravel, sand, grain came out. He also showed my parents' friend the mud-like stain they know they washed off and it was there again. I don't see why these two guys weren't scared sh*tless, but they decided to wash off the dirt again just to confirm. The pal spent the night at my parents' friend apt. and the next day they went back and the dirt was there again.

Yeah, well...the friend decided to move out and find another apartment to stay in. I know this story isn't the most "frightening", but it's still gives me the shivers because it happened in my town and kinda recently.

My mother as a child living in Taiwan had some encounters with ghosts/spirits and that's because my mom does have a sixth sense to sense these sort of things. She wouldn't tell me stories though because it still gives her scares even to this day and she believes strongly in the supernatural.

Well, those are my stories, I hope no one fell asleep.

Azuma and Mena, your stories are interesting and pretty frightening.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:00 AM   #9
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
i have few beliefs, and the only level I believe in the supernatural is that aliens exist. Ghosts, Poltergeists, Witches, Wizards and the rest of the Harry Potter gang are great fiction, but I see them as things that exist only if you want (or don't want) them to. Never seen it proved, and my life is "boring" enough to mean that i've never seem anything that couldn't be explained rationally. I never expect it will happen either.... but thats more down to my unerring ability to miss important stuff anyway

oh and when I say "aliens" exist, i think that they've never got here, and never will. The Universe is too large for aliens to think "oohhhh... humans lets go pop over to earth!".

And Alien Petrol costs too much.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:15 PM   #10
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
originally posted by ZeroSniper

But please, do tell, Azuma ! I wanna hear some more
I just want to start off by saying my house is a way old farmhouse. You really can't tell too much by looking inside since we've lived in it for so many years. Well anyway on to the story. I was walking upstairs and as you come to the top of the stairs in my house you'll see 3 doors; the one straight from the stairs is my brother's room, the one to the right of that one is my parents bedroom, and then to the far right is a room that's always been a little freaky but that room is our spare bedroom. Anyways if you head towards my brothers room and take a left there's a long hallway. Down the hallway is my room and my dads office. I hope you have a picture of what my upstairs kinda looks like cuz here comes the story part. I was walking down the hallway towards my room when something caught my eye behind me, as I turned I saw what appeared to be a tall figure walk into the guest bedroom. I was so sure I saw it, but couldn't figure out who it could be. I thought it was my dad since the figure was on the tall side so I ran down the hallway and looked into the guest room............knowbody was there This was pretty scary at first because I'm so positive the figure I saw was a tall man which looked to be wearing a hat.

After remembering that story I now remember the all time scariest thing that's happened to me at my house. I'll save that for later if anyone wants to hear about it. Also none of this is made up(seriously).
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:42 PM   #11
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

I just want to start off by saying my house is a way old farmhouse.
It's usually the oldest buildings/homes that are occupied with ghosts. I would hate to live in any old homes, like Victorian or an old farmhouse...(no offense Azuma! ).

Quote:
After remembering that story I now remember the all time scariest thing that's happened to me at my house. I'll save that for later if anyone wants to hear about it. Also none of this is made up(seriously).
I do, let's hear it.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:48 PM   #12
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Well you see Ghosts are just programs that have gone into exile while facing possible deletion. Ahem j/k (Hope you get the refference ) Im a "Belive it when I see it" kinda guy. I dont for one minute belive in the "Super Natural". If it cant be proven to exist then it doesent exist. And Ghosts, even though people have been telling storys of them for hundreds of years are yet to be proven to exist. Sure ive had abnormal things happen that I couldnt necessarily explain, but im not gonna jump the gun and start telling ghost stories. I think EVERYTHING has a perfectly logical explination,(Which mean in a horror movie id die first..well right after the black guy) its just that its not always appearent to us.

Evey time ive heard a bump in the night I couldnt explain, Id get up look around and find out it was just the wind blowing the blinds or something, all too often people are too scared to do so and just attribute it to ghosts and of course over exxagerate it when they tell it to others. Its natural to become frightened in the dark when you cant explain something and when your in that state your mind can easily play tricks on you. Something could go from being a simple floor board creek to being foot steps . I think people just like to belive that stuff because it makes life more interesting. But belive me if I saw a ghost tonight when I go to sleep id shit my pants and become an instant believer

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 10:01 PM   #13
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
originally posted by merylsilverburg

I do, let's hear it.
Here's IMO the scariest thing that's ever happend to me before in my house. Everything else that i've seen or thought i've seen could've maybe been my eyes messed up, but not this experiance, and here we go........

This happened some time late at night. I was sleeping(my bed is pushed up to the wall so there's really only one side to my bed, just so u understand the story better) facing away from the wall so my head was turned facing my room. In my room directly in front of my bed is my tv, well on this night for some reason i suddenly woke up and staring at me was a women I was in such shock that i just stared back at her but as soon as my eyes went open the figure of the women backed up eventually disappering as she reached my tv. I've never been so scared in all my life.........well except for this case(a different story but it goes along with this one).

It was during the night that this story happend too. I was awaken in the middle of the night by someone or something touching me in the night. I woke up and I saw knowbody. The weird thing was is I could feel my sheets being pressed down like someone was tucking me in. I also saw with my eyes the covers being pressed down. It was pretty scary cuz I could actually feel the person who was "tucking me in". Those two nights were pretty fud up for me. I wonder if it was the women who was tucking me in?
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:13 AM   #14
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I can assure you that ghosts do exist. I could list a million and one examples, but its 9am and I haven't slept yet.
so please take my word.
xx

zzz

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:41 PM   #15
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
I can assure you that ghosts do exist. I could list a million and one examples
I respectfully dissagree. The fact is you CANT prove that and telling ghost stories is baseless. I could just as truthfully say I know orange elephants exist, and I can list a million examples. Again, i will belive it when I see it. But if those stories were true and not just your minds playing tricks on you they would be pretty damn scary. After something like that happened Id be moving out of that house immediatly. I think maybe you guys have been watching too many scary movies

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:37 PM   #16
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Vicious are you saying you woul just pack op and move if you knew that there was a ghost in your house?
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:35 PM   #17
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

I've seen orange elephants. One came to me one night and pleaded I take a pilgrimage to end world hunger :O!

Really.

And well, Azuma, I can honestly say that I would so not be living there. Perhaps you're "stronger" in that sense. I know I wouldn't be able to stand it... at all. I get chills just by reading what you wrote, imagine what would happen if I went through such a horrific experience ! Noo... /)_(\

Your stories are really frightening ! They're efil... *hides*
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:23 PM   #18
Zanku
Zen Attitude

Zanku is on a distinguished road
Azuma, are you sure it wasn't a dream? Or hallucination? I would honestly be so scared...my bed is the same as yours...i used to be so afraid of ghosts to the side i could get in and out of

ZeroSniper, i would probably leave my house...if i was that scared of the ghost / vision...
Vicious has a point, maybe it all placebo from scary movies...you just think they exist so bad that you see them...

"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackel!" Grey Fox
Zanku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:52 PM   #19
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rei

I don't remember if I have replied last time you asked, so I'll give my answer now.
Its a good thing that you dont remember because I do, and I think Kamari posted in it and thats why I remember it.

Neway.... I do believe in it. I think they do exist and well.....they are everywhere. Devils And Angels, Ghosts or Spirits. I believe in all. Not because I want to just to have fun and make my life intresting but because I have relatives who lives in "Summan Burj", which is more then 300 years old. And alot and I mean alot of strange things happen there. Why do they still live there, because most of them relatives take control of them or should I say have control over them. Thats how they get their things done, and I dont like them. ACTUALLY I try to keep away from them as much as possibile. The last thing I want is to have an argument with those aunties of mine. And whenever I visit Summan Burj, there are tons and tons of stories which freaks the hell out of me. I am so freaking lucky that nothing has ever happened to me. I consider myself lucky very much infact..
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:55 PM   #20
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
Vicious are you saying you woul just pack op and move if you knew that there was a ghost in your house?
HELL YES !. If i saw a women in my room that came out of my friggin tv and was hoovering over me. Id be gone faster than an escaped convict at a police convention . Maybe im just a wuss but after seeing that I wouldnt be able to be in that room without thinking of that woman. I dont really belive you REALLY saw what you saw, but then again im sure U dont need me to belive it. Im just saying if that really happened to me id be freaked out beyond belief

Quote:
I've seen orange elephants. One came to me one night and pleaded I take a pilgrimage to end world hunger :O!
His name is Reginald, and DO NOT take the pilgrimmage...you dont wanna know how that ends up