Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

View Poll Results: Would you pay a 1.5-2.0$ monthly fee to access this website and the forums?
Yes, absolutely. 22 43.14%
No I don't want - No I can't 29 56.86%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:32 AM   #21
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by RufusFF7

I don't have a job or money... and my parents wouldn't support paying to be registered at a gaming website... SRY .
Same here.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:16 AM   #22
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
if i could pay i would. i dont have any money right now nor do i ever. my parent's would probally say no the idea of paying two doller's a month to a gaming site. if i could pay i would but alas i have no money.
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #23
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by RufusFF7

I don't have a job or money... and my parents wouldn't support paying to be registered at a gaming website... SRY .

me too.

if i did pay though how would i do it?
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:32 AM   #24
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Red face

Guys, we're talking of one or two dollars! It's the price of an ice cream! I can't believe you don't own two dollars or that your parents will say no to lending you such a little amount of money for something you like! C'mon!

Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #25
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
REI its not that, my mum and dad pay the bills and they just would not let me, yea it is major cheap! il probally have to pay for it myself!<<<<<< but its trew my parents bills and they would probally say no!
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:46 AM   #26
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rei

Guys, we're talking of one or two dollars! It's the price of an ice cream! I can't believe you don't own two dollars or that your parents will say no to lending you such a little amount of money for something you like! C'mon!

My parents are having problems of their own and I don't have a job.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #27
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Right...

I'm not saying you must. In the end, you do as you wish, and we'll follow the consequences of your free choice. As Fortune said, it's not that the site is going to be closed tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Keep on acting as you used to.
The poll is kinda clear: not many people would pay, each for a different reason. It's not a surprise though. I'd like to add something else, but I think I'll shut up, because it's nothing useful.
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #28
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
I will gladly pay for access to this site. The only issue for me is when, and if these changes are implemented, when would they take place. I am starting a full time job on Monday, and in the next months, i should be getting my own Credit card, but i dont want to be "banned" from entering while i wait for approval...
I would pay, its just a matter of when. Keep up the great site guys, and Harry I respect your decision to never sell, and rather see the site shut down than handed over to corporate a-holes!

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #29
richardramirezs

richardramirezs is on a distinguished road
I would gladly pay if its thru PayPal, I allways have trusted them.
richardramirezs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #30
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
ouchies... tough question ... whilst I find myself inclined to say "yes", in a scenario where it would actually come into place, I have no direct access to a credit card, so I'd be asking my parents. To them, if i'm paying for somthing (an somthing in a foreign currency as well - presumably conversion rates would apply or somthing... though i'm not too hot on that) it's going to have to be somthing quite special to put her through any hassle. Explaining that I primarily use PS2fantasy to talk incessently is almost certain grounds for a "no"... (ie. my parents dislike my use of the internet full stop. It is top of a very long list of reasons why they know so little about who I am.)

I appreciate this is a sensitive issue, and if I had access to my own system of paying, I'd probably oblige... it's very hard to see where the ps2fantasy network goes from here if it isn't payment... I won't say anymore, because I'm pretty sure that you've already thought of everything and i'm clueless anyway...
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #31
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
The major thing is I'm taking a pre-animation course right now that's just put me in a lot of debt to my parents, then next year I have to pay about triple the amount for the actual animation course! Plus I know for a fact that my parents wouldn't pay for me to 'chat' on a gaming site little own buy anything over the internet. They've scared me off credit cards and internet purchases completely.

12 months X $2= $24 a year, and that's only Canadian.. I'm no good at math but I think that would come to about $34 a year; which is barely covers the cost of my current art supplies!

Rei, it's not our fault if we can't pay, so please don't make us feel worse about it!!

As mentioned above I would love nothing more than to help keep this wonderful place alive. Since I came here last June I've met so many influencial people and had a whole bunch of caring people to turn to when i've had a bad day.

Harry, what you have to do is what you have to do. I know that literally everything costs money these days and most of it isn't cheap. If this thing does go through and price comes into the issue; I'm glad and very lucky to have spent as much time with you guys as I have! It's kinda like that saying 'It's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all!'

I won't say anything else on the matter because I know I'm just dragging it out; but just know that whatever the decision I know it had to be done and there is always MSN and e-mail to keep in contact with you guys!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #32
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gadzoox

The major thing is I'm taking a pre-animation course right now that's just put me in a lot of debt to my parents, then next year I have to pay about triple the amount for the actual animation course! Plus I know for a fact that my parents wouldn't pay for me to 'chat' on a gaming site little own buy anything over the internet. They've scared me off credit cards and internet purchases completely.

12 months X $2= $24 a year, and that's only Canadian.. I'm no good at math but I think that would come to about $34 a year; which is barely covers the cost of my current art supplies!

Rei, it's not our fault if we can't pay, so please don't make us feel worse about it!!

As mentioned above I would love nothing more than to help keep this wonderful place alive. Since I came here last June I've met so many influencial people and had a whole bunch of caring people to turn to when i've had a bad day.

Harry, what you have to do is what you have to do. I know that literally everything costs money these days and most of it isn't cheap. If this thing does go through and price comes into the issue; I'm glad and very lucky to have spent as much time with you guys as I have! It's kinda like that saying 'It's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all!'

I won't say anything else on the matter because I know I'm just dragging it out; but just know that whatever the decision I know it had to be done and there is always MSN and e-mail to keep in contact with you guys!
It would be $2.0 U.S. dollars, 1.90 Euro for people from Europe.

Thanks for your feedback Gadzoox, but I also understand Rei's reaction. 2.0$ per month is really a little "symbolic" price to access the forums and the WEBSITE that many of you have forgotten. You must understand that's difficult to believe that people who spend hours and hours on the Internet everyday, can't pay $2.0 to access a website they love. Many said roughly, but clearly, that he wouldn't pay to access any forum at all - that's much better than saying "I don't have $2.0".

With just 2.0$ per month, and with no more than 1,000 paying subscribers, we'd be able to offer much more coverage, daily news, much more screenshots etc.etc.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:05 PM   #33
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
or £1.25 for my fellow uk peoples currently fending off the european single currency with a pointy stick. Now that definatly puts it all into perspective as a reasonable price at £15 per year - think of it like a magazine subscription (usually about £20 for half of the year)... just don't be convinced that if you have to convert pounds into dollars, you aren't going to have to pay a teeny bit more for the inconvienence....
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #34
ToxicUK
Pressure=Crumbling

ToxicUK is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I just couldn't...

Im sorry but i dont use money over the internet as i like to have it where i can keep an eye on it so i would not be paying for that as i couldn't possibly...

Toxic - Force The World To Crumble
ToxicUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #35
Vicious
free your mind

Vicious is on a distinguished road
Sorry guys but if it came down to paying, i would have to leave ps2fantasy.com because i dont have a credit card, but if i did, i would pay it.
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #36
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
Can you use a debit card on PayPal? If so, can you be under 18 and use it?

If that's the case, I can probably pay (depending on when this happens), but if not, then sorry, I can't. My parents don't use their CC's online for anything at all, and I know they wouldn't for a gaming forum.

I love this place, and I'd hate to leave it...but I wouldn't be mad at you guys if you did make it a pay site, because I understand your reasons...it's just unfortunate that barely any people under 18 will be able to come anymore. But, do what you've got to do, and you'll have my respect.
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #37
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Well, now that I get the full picture of he situation all I can say is: This sucks ass. I definitely DON'T want to see this site down, at all. If the payment thing begins in a couple of months from down, you can count me in.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #38
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

or £1.25 for my fellow uk peoples currently fending off the european single currency with a pointy stick. Now that definatly puts it all into perspective as a reasonable price at £15 per year - think of it like a magazine subscription (usually about £20 for half of the year)... just don't be convinced that if you have to convert pounds into dollars, you aren't going to have to pay a teeny bit more for the inconvienence....
Hehe no, there are no additional charges to convert pounds into dollars with Paypal.

And as you said,with just 2.0$ monthly from let's say 1,000 paying subscribers we could offer much more coverage, much more screenshots, in a few words a truly improved website with stuff and services that you can't find on magazines. Not to mention hosting of images and signatures for the forum members etc.etc.

But, as Harry said, there are too many people having problems and we really can't ignore them. Btw, thanks all for your feedbacks.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #39
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I will! I will! Even if I don't have my own credit card, I'll find someone to lend me one, among family members or among friends to pay the fee if necessary! I'm sorry to hear such things happening, but it's all thanks to the work of big networks if indipendent sites can't stay opened much longer! They definitely ruined the internet with bad policies regarding advertising! Shame on them!
I'm surprised to read some old members saying they wouldn't pay for this site because "they don't have money". Are you nuts? You can buy lots of games and videogaming magazines, but you don't want to pay 1 $ (or little more) for this place, where you could meet some of your net friends, where do you spend several hours each day? I find it really mean... but it's always like that when it comes to money. Sad, isn't it? And really unfair.
And I'm impressed to hear some guys say they can't pay because they don't have a job and they can't afford such a little expense: what are you doing on the Internet then? Go find a job instead of relaxing your lazy butt in front of the monitor!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:50 PM   #40
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadzoox

I'm not trying to make feel worse anybody Gadzoox. Don't take my words as if they were a sort of curse towards the ones who don't want to pay (whatever the reason)! It's only that I prefer to read from some people sincere posts, like that they don't care and they don't want to pay, instead of reading so many posts saying "I'm sorry but I'm in big trouble and I can't". I'm not talking about you in particular way Gadzoox, I want this to be clear. But there are people who, as Hylas said, buy games and videogaming magazines on regular basis, so they can't say they can't afford the payment of the fee. It would be better for them to tell they don't need the service and I would accept it. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm not blaming people who said "Yes" or people who said "No". We're not begging here, trying to make people change their minds. We're trying to find the better solution for all.

BTW, many people here indeed think this site is only the "Forums" while it's not. It requires more work and resources than a simple site with a forum and nothing else. That's why, with the payment of a fee, we would be able to offer a better service, the same kind of service people find in a regular magazine, that, if I'm not wrong, costs not less than 6 or 7 dollars. Is it clearer now?

The Internet will crash thanks to the opposition of those who still think everything on the web is 100% free and those who are creating a web where high quality services need a payment, no matter what. And the ones who are still in the middle, like us, at this moment are suffering from this situation, because offering professional services for free is impossible, but people are not ready to pay for keeping the services alive. Look at other professional videogaming sites that were not part of bigger networks. You know what? They are closed now. During the last year, the greatest part of them disappeared for the reasons I mentioned above and for the reasons explained by Harry in his posts.