Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 04:01 PM   #1
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Full Metal Alchemist

Yeah I just got into this series thanks to some friends at a Naruto forum who are some extremely hardcore anime fans.

Well anyways the anime is really well done for the 14 episodes that i've seen (theres 25 avaible I believe). Anyways the anime bases itself around two brothers, Ed and Al Elric, and there adventures with Alchemy. Its kinda hard to say too much without spoiling so i'll just through this in

*Spoiler*

Yeah well anyways Ed and Al are trying to resurrect there mom who died of a case of a broken heart due to there fathers absence. They tried at the beginning of the series (even though it was a taboo in alchemy) so Al lost his body and Edward lost an arm and a leg which are later replaced by machinery. So later you find out Ed sealed Al's soul in a suit of armor because of his loss of his body. And so they stage for the brothers to seek out the secret to resurrect there mother and acquire there old bodies back. Edward goes on to join the military and aquire the name Full Metal Alchemist and goes on a journey to find the legendary Philospher Stone which holds the power to help him and his brother in there goals. Of course there are a few bad guys and the father that comes into play, but I'm not going to spoil it all. The anime is now tied for first with Naruto and Berserk as my favorites

If you would like to download it, please PM me.

Heres where to get them (As well as a number of other great series), you must have bittorent though.

Now you can't say I never did anything for you guys

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Apr 5th, 2004 at 04:42 AM..
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:36 AM   #2
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
I've seen about half of one episode over Internet TV (through Winamp, pretty much one of the first things I had a go at when I got ADSL a month ago), and I thought it was ok... actually, it pretty much kick-started my recent interest in anime... (though perhaps that wasn't such a difficult feat to achieve...)

tbh, I was a bit distracted by the whole stop-start nature of net TV, so can't really offer a decent appraisal of what looked like a decent show... I DID obtain it over emule a while back, but what do you know: it was a French Sub! (not that i'm complaining - if you swim with the sharks, you deserve to be bitten!). I won't be downloading this show just yet... if its lisenced and there's a chance i can get it in the UK, i'll give it a try: but UT2004 takes up a lot of space and I have no CD Writer!

btw... I thought telling people how to obtain any form of copyrighted material was forbidden by the forum rules? kind, perhaps, but its also likely that you're being naughty as well!

I do sympathise a little though - theres no easy way for me to get animes like this into the UK, and a lot of Anime buying seems to involve jumping into the deep-end and hoping that you've spent your cash wisely (I think a single channel in the UK actually shows Anime shows. Occasionally. I can't even get that channel). Whats more... when you're new to this like me, everything becomes attractive to buy... i've got to work out a way of justifying buying that EVA box-set before it disappears again!

Edit: that was a long first post in this forum... sorry!

Last edited by kupoartist; Apr 2nd, 2004 at 10:38 AM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

I think the whole copy right thing only applys when a anime has been liscensed by a company. Full Metal Alchemist has not been lisncened so I don't think there is any worry. And as far as I know Japan doesn't really care too much.

Social Networks
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 04:50 AM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Sorry Il, I had to edit your post and remove the link. Even though Hagarenkin hasn't been licensed (and you don't know...this series may be licensed very quickly...after all, companies are trying to stop the whole piracy issues, so many series that haven't even been aired in Japan yet are already licensed...I believe Samurai Champloo is one of these), it's still illegal to download these episodes regardless. Besides, people might get the wrong idea and continue to download these series (besides "Full Metal") even when they have been licensed or released on DVD. And with you saying Japan doesn't really care too much, I believe you're being very rude...after all, Japan can't control the piracy going on and as much as they try to...they don't like it when people download illegal music on the web, so now every one of their freakin' CDs are "COPY CONTROLLED" which prevents any sort of copying (for example, I couldn't even copy one of those CDs onto my Xbox harddrive), so you can't really say they don't care when they do.

Also, some of you guys may say to me "But you see downloaded anime as well! You're such a hypocrite!" but no, I'm not. When I see a series I like, I go out and get the US released DVDs...even if I have seen the entire series on downloaded VCD. And if I am truly nuts over the series, I buy both US and Japan DVDs because I support the series and I want to show that through the sales.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2004, 06:50 AM   #5
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Ok, lets try it this way. Since Meryl is being like this. Just pm me and I will give yah guys the link.

Oh yeah meryl I do buy the dvd's regardless. It just that they don't have the dvd's in america yet. And getting imported ones is silly mainly due to the issue that I don't have any uncoded dvd players. Plus did you know that some of these subbers have permission from these japanese companies to sub them and put them up for download? Might wanna look into that.

Social Networks
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 01:20 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Palazzo
Ok, lets try it this way. Since Meryl is being like this.
Don't act this way just because you don't agree with what I think.

Quote:
Oh yeah meryl I do buy the dvd's regardless. It just that they don't have the dvd's in america yet. And getting imported ones is silly mainly due to the issue that I don't have any uncoded dvd players.
That's great to know that you buy the US DVDs. Of course, when I deleted your link, it was because I was afraid that through the link, people would start downloading all sorts of anime and never buy the legalized DVDs. There are many people who actually download all of their anime and not buy a single DVD when it's released in the US and that makes me very angry because that's not being exactly supportive. And when I said that I buy the Japanese DVDs as well, I was just mentioning myself because I want to show my support for those series. I never said that everyone should buy the Japanese ones even if they don't have a uncoded DVD or a Japanese DVD or whatever. Because, yes, that is ridiculous.

Quote:
Plus did you know that some of these subbers have permission from these japanese companies to sub them and put them up for download? Might wanna look into that.
Okay, you're right; I checked up onto it and yes...the Japanese don't really care what happens to anime outside of the US. I got my information wrong...you'd think the Japanese would be pretty angry at the whole illegal fansubbing since they're pretty touchy and very "by-the-book" type of people...but I guess since they profited so much from anime in the past, I guess this sort of thing isn't a big deal to them. I'm sorry for misleading anyone. However, Il, I'm going to take your tone of your message as negative. So I made a mistake and you proved me wrong. So what? People do make mistakes you know and I frankly don't care that I was "proved" wrong. I'm actually glad you made me look into it otherwise I would've never known. But with your attitude of "you might wanna look into that", I really don't appreciate it.

EDIT: And just in case you don't realize, I apologize for calling you rude when I was the one who made the mistake.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Apr 9th, 2004 at 09:47 AM..
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #7
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Don't act this way just because you don't agree with what I think.

That's great to know that you buy the US DVDs. Of course, when I deleted your link, it was because I was afraid that through the link, people would start downloading all sorts of anime and never buy the legalized DVDs. There are many people who actually download all of their anime and not buy a single DVD when it's released in the US and that makes me very angry because that's not being exactly supportive. And when I said that I buy the Japanese DVDs as well, I was just mentioning myself because I want to show my support for those series. I never said that everyone should buy the Japanese ones even if they don't have a uncoded DVD or a Japanese DVD or whatever. Because, yes, that is ridiculous.

Okay, you're right; I checked up onto it and yes...the Japanese don't really care what happens to anime outside of the US. I got my information wrong...you'd think the Japanese would be pretty angry at the whole illegal fansubbing since they're pretty touchy and very "by-the-book" type of people...but I guess since they profited so much from anime in the past, I guess this sort of thing isn't a big deal to them. I'm sorry for misleading anyone. However, Il, I'm going to take your tone of your message as negative. So I made a mistake and you proved me wrong. So what? People do make mistakes you know and I frankly don't care that I was "proved" wrong. I'm actually glad you made me look into it otherwise I would've never known. But with your attitude of "you might wanna look into that", I really don't appreciate it.

EDIT: And just in case you don't realize, I apologize for calling you rude when I was the one who made the mistake.
The only way I phrased it the way I did, was due to what I got from your post. But its good things are all settled now.

Social Networks
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #8
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Just a heads up. Full Metal Alchemist has been licensed by Funimation.

This truely pisses me off. They better do a damn good job

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Square-Enix announced at E3 that it would be localizing Fullmetal Alchemist in association with Funimation. Square is handling the videogame, while Funimation is distrubuting the anime. Cartoon Network is expected to air the series beginning in October. Square's videogame release is planned for Spring 2005.

Social Networks
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #9
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
Just a heads up. Full Metal Alchemist has been licensed by Funimation.

This truely pisses me off. They better do a damn good job

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Square-Enix announced at E3 that it would be localizing Fullmetal Alchemist in association with Funimation. Square is handling the videogame, while Funimation is distrubuting the anime. Cartoon Network is expected to air the series beginning in October. Square's videogame release is planned for Spring 2005.
What?! Noooo! Argh! Why them, OMG, why?! It could've at least been Pioneer USA or something...*sigh* Oh well....one thing is for sure, the subtitles at FUNinmation are good, so that's something to look forward to. Just watch it in subtitles, guys, that's all I have to say.

BTW, Uchiha, do you think they're going to bring over the Hagaren game? I know there was that one game in Japan and also one for the JP GBA.

Hmm...it seems a lot of anime games are being brought over. I know that Shaman King's game is being released in the US (even though the anime hasn't exactly been licensed...I think).

You Can Help

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #10
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
What?! Noooo! Argh! Why them, OMG, why?! It could've at least been Pioneer USA or something...*sigh* Oh well....one thing is for sure, the subtitles at FUNinmation are good, so that's something to look forward to. Just watch it in subtitles, guys, that's all I have to say.

BTW, Uchiha, do you think they're going to bring over the Hagaren game? I know there was that one game in Japan and also one for the JP GBA.

Hmm...it seems a lot of anime games are being brought over. I know that Shaman King's game is being released in the US (even though the anime hasn't exactly been licensed...I think).
Yeah from what I hear the game is coming over, which is damn good news and I am highly anticipating it. Yeah the news about Funimation blows but like you said the Subtitling is pretty good so I'll have to stick to that.

Social Networks
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #11
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
some screens of FMA game..

https://www.videogamerx.net/bbs/view.php?id=vx01&no=6668

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #12
LrdAlucard
Metalik0r

LrdAlucard is on a distinguished road
full metal alchemist is pretty cool ^^ i have 46 episodes, but i want to ask u guys if Spoon isnt in the FMA business anymore....its starting to get annoying....they'r late!!!i want my fma dose!!

"Its a good night... On nights like these, I crave for blood."
LrdAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #13
Urahara Kisuke

Urahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished road
From what I have seen of FMA on Adult Swim. I think that it is very good and recomended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Urahara Kisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #14
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Yeah I've seen it on Adult Swim and I am utterly pissed at the crappy dubbing funimation has done yet again. Thanks guys you ruined another anime

Social Networks
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 07:38 PM   #15
Keyblade Master

Keyblade Master is on a distinguished road
Hey, wait a minute didn't I make a post in this subject before...
I can't seem to find my post...
Alright, WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!!!
Keyblade Master is offline   Reply With Quote