Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #1
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
political arguments

I can understand why the "license to kill" post got shut down. Apparently not very many people here can stick to a single topic without it getting into insults. I just wanted to say, these types of topics often bring out the worst in people, since they often happen to be very controversial. I am not going to post any political topics until people calm down, but i just wanted to say, if i do post something like that, could people try to deal with the topic like I do, and only post constructive criticism? I believe that there are a lot of people on this site with very viable opinions, and i would prefer to hear them in a positive manner. I believe that vicious had a good point, but he just misworded it. This is why a lot of people didn't agree with him on it. I basically posted the same thing, but with good examples, and how to properly deal with the issue. Hopefully, if something like this gets brought up again, we can discuss this as normal adults, or for the people who are younger, as mature teenagers. I enjoy debating a topic, but i'd like to keep it as a debate, rather than an argument.

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
You are right. I worded things in a away thet people could easily take offense to them. And I see now that a topic such as race or serious political issues can get VERY..shall we say... HEATED. I just think we should try our hardest to explain our selves and even debate anothers opinion we might not necesarrily agree with WITH OUT insults such as calling someone a "Prick", "Bastard" etc, or even telling someone that they make you sick . You have the right to feel this way about me, heck i cant blame you ive felt the same about some people here myself , lets just try and keep it to ourselves and off the forums.

I dont plan on posting anything as serious as that agin but I also dont plan on sugar coating my thoughts too much so please lets just try and keep things civil. Lets just realize that you CAN strongly dissagree with someone without offending them

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:04 AM   #3
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
First off, I will apologize for calling you a prick. I was honestly offended in a very deep manner by some of the things you said and you may just have to accept that. Also, you made a direct attack on me I felt a long with the other things that felt like direct attack anyway because of who I am and what I believe. I do not often speak up against other members like that about things...but I do get angry and take things personally like everybody else at times. I accept that you have reasons to feel the way you do but those subjects, but I also have the right to disagree strongly with your simplistic (dont misinterpret that) way of describing black culture and the way they act according to you. I am just trying to say I am of the belief that there are more steps to a situation for a people to be in like that and end up acting that way...that there are more factors playing into their lives than what you mentioned. I am allowed to believe this just as much as you are allowed to believe what you do.

I would also like to point out I wasn't disagreeing with a lot of the facts you put out, I just felt some of the other things you were saying were facts were more opinions and I didn't agree with them. THat is all. I admit I was unsettled, but you were as well.

Anywayz... now that that's out of the way. Yes I can discuss things like a mature adult as both of you have just seen and I would also hope you can tell that from my other posts in the forums. Usually I am able to keep my cool about things, but like I said, this time I went over the edge and I am only human. And that is why others went over the edge, too.

If there is any particular topic you want to bring up, Deathwatchz, I am all for it. I believe strongly that I will always have much to learn from other people's opinions and expereinces for the rest of my life. That is because, like you, I have a very open mind. And that is something I would never want to give up.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #4
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
It happens not very often that all people agree with one thing. Everybody has their own opinions....... but going against it and that also in the worst manner would not straighten things up but will create more flames. I believe things will be nicely done in this thread.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 11:08 AM   #5
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
Awright, one last post before i need to get off the comp. I was wondering what other people felt concerning the issues with affirmative action. I know this has race to do with it again, but this includes EVERY minority that recieves benefits from it. I can agree that any area that has a certain population should have to hire according to that population. But what about things like one race scholarships, free rides for certain minorities like native americans (I have amerindian in me, just not enough to qualify), admission bonuses for minorities, or other situations like that? I feel that if there should be equal rights in america, it should apply in all ways. That no one should have access to benefits derived from race, and that if there are any types of benefits, that they should be accessible to all races.

Also, i was wondering what people felt about women in the military.
I feel along these lines, that women are more qualified than men in some combat situations like snipering, and fighter piloting, since they are built differently than men. with fighter pilots, women can withstand more g-force than men before they black out. Also with the equal rights, how about equal responsibilities, like drafting women into the military as well, if the draft ever does come back into play?
This is a little dearer to me, since i'm in the army. I'm interested in what people have to say about this.

If you guys wanna discuss both, maybe someone can start a new thread for one or the other with a similar disclaimer at the beginning, denouncing people that will become involved strictly for argumentative positions, and ignoring ayone who does by not replying to them. Lets keep the flames in the fire pit, k??

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote