Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #1
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
God of War

A new trailer for the game God of War is online,

https://www.g4techtv.com/mediaplayer/...video_key=8996

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 12:33 AM   #2
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
Ah yes, another kick ass game coming out in March.

Nice trailer, thanks.
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
looking great.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:25 PM   #4
Infernal Mass
pariah

this game has been in the works for awhile, i smell quality.

Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #5
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
I got a demo of this game in the mail yesterday from SCEA. Spent about 30 minutes with it tonight and it looks like an interesting game for sure. Not really my style, but if you like fighting games, this should be a good one for you.

The graphics look pretty awesome, but to me, it seems like alot of button mashing, but then that's kinda why I don't like fighting games too much. But, they did seem to get somewhat creative with the controls and it seemed better than just about any other fighting game I've played.

There does seem to be some strategy involved with the controls, although it's hard to really tell from a demo, but from what I saw, it seems like a pretty deep demo, as far as demos go.

I'd be happy to try and answer any questions about it, if anyone has any. Not sure who else got the demo, but I'll do what I can to help anybody that might be interested.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #6
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

i have the demo as well and its far from being a button masher, the game has a deep combo system, thats pretty easy to learn. i love juggling enemies in to the air, grab them at mid-air, and toss em around like a rag doll.

Old Mar 19th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #7
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

w00t !!

the game got a 9.8 from IGN. it scored higher than DMC3.

https://ps2.ign.com/articles/596/596778p1.html

Last edited by Vic Viper; Mar 19th, 2005 at 02:10 PM..
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #8
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Yeah DMC3 hasnt excited me from the little ive played it, i think this game will be considerably better, imo... and i will get it on release..
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #9
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

what didnt you like about the DMC3 goodman ?

DMC3 was an awesome game.

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #10
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
I recently heard about a sex mini game being in the game.

Man, that's going to be comedy gold. =D

DMC3 impressed me alot, I hope God of War will be equally good. Either way, the best action games for the PS2 have came out for this year.
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 03:28 AM   #11
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

gamespot review

https://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godofwar/index.html

the game is getting some awesome reviews so far. man i cant wait to play the game.

Old Mar 21st, 2005, 10:56 PM   #12
Infernal Mass
pariah

same here vic, i reserved my copy at eb today.

David Jaffe, has become one of my favorite game directors of all time. I remember playing the hell out of twisted metal 1 and 2 (2 the most) and I played twisted metal black more than both of those games combined. I never knew the name of the visionary behind those games until now.

EGM scores: 10,9.5,10

https://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=2018842&did=2

interview with David Jaffe:

https://www.gamespot.com/onthespot/?t...lnav_onthespot

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:29 AM   #13
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

yeah jaffe is great.

you can check out his blogs here:

https://davidjaffe.modblog.com/

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:23 PM   #14
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

jaffe just updated his modblog, he want us to buy his prima guide..check it out..

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 09:21 AM   #15
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
GameStop didnt have my copy like they should have yesterday, so today, ala PsP day it should come in, looking forward to it. This wont be so frustrating as DMC3 and i know it looks a hell of a lot better also, should be a blast...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #16
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

got it last last night, my thoughts...

the gameplay though not as deep as a NG or DMC3, works really well, you start of with a limited combo sets but you'll gain more moves by upgrading your weapons. its really fun to experiment different types of combos, controls very fluid, and the animations are great. i also like that mini game were you have to press different button combinations to kill your enemies efficiently, its very cool to see krotos kill an enemy in the most brutal way.

graphics are great one of the better looking game in the ps2, voice acting and the music are one of the best ive heared ever, they really a superb job with the audio. i like the puzzels, but so far its pretty straight forward, maybe it will get harder later on. right now im on the pandora temple so i expect the puzzels to get harder... so far its a kick ass game..

DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR GET GOD OF WAR, IT OWNZ !!

Last edited by Vic Viper; Mar 24th, 2005 at 11:53 AM..
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:02 AM   #17
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
It is good to hear about what others think of the control scheme... as I am currently working on a review for this site. The fighting system, along with its combo schemes, and other special moves... become more in depth as the game progresses. You collect orbs as you defeat enemies and open chests, allowing you to spend them on leveling up your weapons, which adds new moves to their abilities. In the beginning of the game, the combo system seems very simplistic, but as the game progresses you can string combo moves together in ways that are not explained in the moves list and rack up insanely large multiple hit combos. This is a game with a deep fighting system. Trust me. Keep at it. I will save the rest for the actual review, but thanks vic viper and the rest of you for your input. Let me know how the control scheme is treating you, what you do and don't like. This way my recomendations on how to play the game to enjoy it best AND reccomndations on actually purchasing it will be more accurate. THanks. PEACE OUT

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 08:48 AM   #18
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

i already beat it a couple of times, plus beat the Challenge of God mini game, also beat God Mode, ive pretty much unlocked thing in the game . its an awesome game, i say it ranks as to one of the best ps2 games ive played this gen.

the only thing i hate about the game was the length, pretty short for an action adventure game. i wish it couldve been longer, i finished the game about 9 hours my first time through.

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #19
Infernal Mass
pariah

sony santa monica wanted the game to be brutal and they nailed it. Ares gave me alot of trouble (3rd fight) granted i played thru my first time on spartan mode. The 3rd fight wasn't much harder on God Mode, but the second of the 3 part battle on god mode was the toughest for me. Although it wasn't as tough as the last challenge of the gods round.

the soundtrack kicked ass; action, exploration, puzzle solving was balanced perfectly.. just great game overall. Very pleased with the purchase.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:08 AM   #20
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry but I would have to disagree with you guys and give the game probably an 7.5/10.

First off, I was completely fooled into thinking this game would feature a lot of the ancient Greek mythology and have boss fights that were of the ancient beasts and legends from mythology, like the Cyclops or Medusa. I played the demo version of this and when I was ready to fight the huge Hydra, that's what made me think to buy this game. Because I thought "Wow, this is so great! Finally, a game that takes Greek mythology and puts it into a game form! Excellent!" But then, playing the game through, it ends up that Cylops, Sirens, Gorgons, and the such were all just regular enemies. And, excuse me, but the Cerebus is supposed to guard the Underworld, what the HELL was it doing spawing all over the place in "Poseidon's Challenge"? These boss-potenial baddies posing as regular enemies often are tougher than actual bosses themselves.
Oh and I'm very annoyed that the Gods, such as Zeus, Athena, Artemis, and so on are all just faces and sometimes statues (if you're talking about Athena) that helps and guides Kratos on his journey rather than actually playing an essential role in the game. But I won't bitch too much about this because I know this game is suppose to focus on Kratos because this is his story and the developers were trying to make something different and new by using this mortal who is the only one who can save Athens because the Gods aren't allowed to fight one another and such....but yet, why not just call Hercules? It's almost the same thing if you think about it.

Second of all, the game lacks story IMO. I dunno about you guys, but I couldn't help but feel extremely cheated and bored out of my mind fighting enemies over and over and over again only to encounter a 5 second cutscene of Krato's "past" only to discover what I already knew in the beginning...absolutely nothing. Like, by the time I was in "Atlus' Challenge" and I saw the scene where
Spoiler: show
Ares had killed all those warriors and it ends up that Krato's sold his soul to Ares in order to defeat the Barbarians and all that
I couldn't help but think "Okay and then what?" I know that so many people complain of "playing movies rather than games" but I actually would like to have an engrossing story to go along with the game and make me feel like I'm fighting all these enemies and saving stupid people (like the Oracle...gee, couldn't she predict what was going to happen to her?) for an actual cause not "just because I can." Maybe I would feel differently after I finish the game, but I'm telling you...there's almost nothing that's pushing me to go further or dig deeper into this game because I feel nothing. Hardly any character depth or personality. I feel nothing for Kratos, I feel nothing for the city of Athens, I feel nothing for the people, nothing.

On the plus side, the game does feature spectacular graphics. Very beautiful to look at and I enjoyed just seeing the cities, the water, the sky, and the very brief cutscenes. They did a great job with it. The level designs were great, I loved the underwater levels in Poseidon's Challenge and I really loved Pandora's Temple. My favorite cutscene would have to be when Kratos was going into Pandora's Temple and he had to call the Titan, Kronos. And he had to hang onto a chain and run across Krono's face and climb up to the Temple...fantastic. I also really liked the creative designs of the enemies, such as the Sirens or the different types of Cyclops or Minotaurs and the such.

I also enjoyed the puzzles. Some of them weren't too tough actually...stupidly enough, I only really had trouble with the "saving the Oracle" thing, but otherwise, most of the puzzles were pretty easy to figure out. Despite being easy, they were also challenging at the same time, enough to be interesting and refreshing.

And Krato's moves and combos were different and great to see. Very neat and very cool to see the animation, such as when Kratos grabs and throws an enemy off of a wall or when he would slam another enemy into the wall then drop them. It's great and it never got boring to see him ruthlessly kill all these baddies. I just wish that earning all of these moves or making a God's magic gift more powerful didn't have to take so long. I know it adds another challenge to the game, but fighting those regular enemies are bad enough.

Well, that's what I have to say about it. I don't know how I would feel at the end of the game, but I hope much more different than what I feel now. Hopefully, if the story at the end isn't what I expected, I just hope they fix it up or create more character dimensions in the sequel or something.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote