Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Aug 20th, 2005, 03:38 AM   #1
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
man, i love nintendo :)

i love nintendo, and I love gamecube and nintendo DS and n64 n gba and hell, even virtual boy

if you LOVE nintendo post here, if you dont, DONT post here. that means dont post things like "man nintendo sucks they delay too much" or "the gamecube is too kiddy therefore it sucks" or "the psp is way better"
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #2
RanusApe

RanusApe is on a distinguished road
man i love PS

man nintendo sucks they delay too much. the gamecube is too kiddy therefore it sucks. the psp is way better. naw i like my n64 and SNES, but i really haven't liked anything they made since. I loved the Origanal Super Smash Bros, but these days i am playing Tekken on my ps2.
RanusApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #3
DSgamer
here and there

welp, ur an idiot because you can't spell "original" so die.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 07:15 AM   #4
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanusApe
man nintendo sucks they delay too much. the gamecube is too kiddy therefore it sucks. the psp is way better. naw i like my n64 and SNES, but i really haven't liked anything they made since. I loved the Original Super Smash Bros, but these days i am playing Tekken on my ps2.
We know the feeling, Ranus, and support the consoles that give us the most entertainment for the buck. Looks like he spelled original correctly to me.......
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 09:09 PM   #5
Urahara Kisuke

Urahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished road
Nintendo is pretty cool. Can't wait for the Surgery game that is coming out for the DS though. lol ^_^

Urahara Kisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 09:37 PM   #6
DSgamer
here and there

yay! you are totaly cooler than the other people that posted here
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:57 AM   #7
goodman

YAY nintendo rox
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #8
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

I like Nintendo, too. In fact, aside from the Dreamcast, the Super Nintendo and the Game Cube are probably the only consoles I really enjoy. Sure, other consoles such as the first PlayStation are great, but I never felt a "connection" with it. Many of the games, while good in their own respect, seemed somewhat superficial to me. By contrast, games released on these three consoles seemed to have much more to them than what laid on the surface.

The SNes was the first system I actually owned, which I got back in 91. As such, it will always be special. Had it not been for the FFIV and Star Ocean games on it, I probably would never have gotten to love videogames as much as I do now. It wasn't just for quick games of fun like Mario Kart, but of games you actually got to love (not that I don't love MK).

Later on I got the DC, PS, the N64 (which I had for only a short time due to unfortunate events) and a handheld. None of these, not even the 64, got the same reaction from me aside the DC. The DC was another token of gold that unfortunately some of the newer generations of gamers will never appreciated because of the overshadowing of the PS. Nevertheless, both of these consoles mean more to me than any other console out on the market today, even the GC.

I like the GC because it's fun. I really enjoy playing with my little nephews and it's great to have a system on which I can play various enjoyable multiplayer games. Some of them are plain frantic fun and other are a little more in depth and strategic. And then, when I feel like playing solo, I also have a handful of games I like to play. One of the charms from Nintendo that works for me is that their games never get old. I can play Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and others all the time without feeling bored; it's the same with the DC. Whoever gets bored playing Rival Schools can't be my friend.

I personally don't "hate" any of the systems and or companies. The only one I don't really like is the X-Box because I simply can't get a feel for it. It seems to me that it's too much of a spin-off from PC gaming, and well, PC gaming is in a league all on it's own, and neither M$, Sony nor Nintendo can compare. I like the PlayStations because in their own rite, they too are fun. But aside from Final Fantasy and some other titles, there aren't any games which I can say I "love" or would play for days on end without feeling the cloud of boredom hoover over my head.

I think it's unfair to bash Nintendo simply because it doesn't suit the tastes of a person. Personally, one of the thing I can't stand is when people "hate" the system(s) simply because they believe "it's only for little kids." I find such commentary absurd, but then again, everyone can think what they want.

I think that Nintendo has done an elusive job over the years. It has given us great things, things that are not so great, and things that are just down right bad. But then again, which system hasn't?

For me, it's not about the games I don't like. That makes no sense. It is, however, about the games I do like and the ones that will remain within my memory in years to come. So far, from the next gen consoles, only Nintendo has managed to produce such games, and Sony too, but to a slighter extent.

So, yeah: I really like Nintendo and appreicate many of their games, just like I appreciate several of the games for the PS2, although the former has more memorable games for me. In the end, I don't think they are bad in at all.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #9
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
NINTENDO for EVAR !!!!!!!!1 w000000ttttttt!!!!!!!!!

Miyamoto is GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #10
DSgamer
here and there

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good man and vic r cool now omgz0rz!

and mena's post was beautiful

Last edited by DSgamer; Sep 8th, 2005 at 08:36 PM..
DSgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #11
goodman

No doubt my best memories come from the SNES and Genesis days, my favorite game of all time is Landstalker on the Genesis. Although few will ever know, the TurboGraphix 16 and TurboDuo system were awesome, and at the time represented the best of the very early 16 bit systems, but most will never know. I discovered these systems very late in their short lived time, and experienced tremendous joy getting to know them (at a very steep price). But without question the NES, SNES, Genesis represented classic gaming. With the advent of frame rate increases and pixel increases has come the lack of imagination and ingenuity that it took to pry $59.99 out of my pocket on a regular basis. I had a membership with Nintendo Power, their magazine, for over 8 years. I truely have hated Nintendo not being the company i once knew, but who knows, im sure they will always be around in some form, they were a playing card company for years...
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #12
DSgamer
here and there

nintendo power r0x0rx omgx0rs i got 3 free issues! omg omg omg omg omg and i got E3 preview disc OH EM GEE!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 11:04 PM   #13
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

You know, the sarcastic attitudes are really unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman
No doubt my best memories come from the SNES and Genesis days, my favorite game of all time is Landstalker on the Genesis. Although few will ever know, the TurboGraphix 16 and TurboDuo system were awesome, and at the time represented the best of the very early 16 bit systems, but most will never know. I discovered these systems very late in their short lived time, and experienced tremendous joy getting to know them (at a very steep price). But without question the NES, SNES, Genesis represented classic gaming. With the advent of frame rate increases and pixel increases has come the lack of imagination and ingenuity that it took to pry $59.99 out of my pocket on a regular basis. I had a membership with Nintendo Power, their magazine, for over 8 years. I truely have hated Nintendo not being the company i once knew, but who knows, im sure they will always be around in some form, they were a playing card company for years...
You touch on good points there, goodman. Unfortunately, I guess I fall in that category of people who will never know the fun of those systems. As I have said before, the SNes was my first system console, and I never really got to play anything before that, aside from the original Nintendo which I got years later in order to play older versions of some games (namely Contra).

One of the peeves that I have is that nowadays most people, mainly the younger gamers, believe the new systems are the gods of all gaming. This to me is ridiculous! While they are all great in their own respect and have their own games which separate them from the rest, I honestly and earnestly do not believe either of the 3 to be the best. Before them were other systems, like the ones you mention, and these systems helped lay and shape the foundation for what gaming is today.

I too used to subscribed to Nintendo Power, but I cancelled the membership a long time ago. I simply was fed up with their self-centered editorials and articles; no single review was accurate. Everything was "great" and one of the things I despise most is slanted and untruthful journalism.

My best memories are of the older days and nights when I would play for hours with my little 8 bit and 16 bit systems. I loved them. I loved the games. I loved everything.

With this new generation, though, I can't say I feel the same. Rarely does a game win me over enough for me to play as avidly as I once did. As I said before, I enjoy both the GC and the PS2 quite a lot, but I can only think of few games from both systems which I really enjoyed.

I guess they just don't make games like they used to.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 12:13 AM   #14
goodman

Yeah Konami put some true classics up on the NES and SNES, and some darn nice stuff on the Genesis, their TurboDuo version of Castlevania Dracula X is an all time classic game. I dont think companies really think the way they did back in the days when console gaming was a fresh experience. Now the bottom line seems to be selling more games instead of giving us a reason to play games. Look at how the marketing is geared towards the holidays, leaving huge gaps in time between any games, quality or any kind. Although i will be a ps3 purchaser, there is no doubt that gaming isnt the experience it was on consoles like it was early on, my ps2 has had extended periods of dust gathering...
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 05:22 AM   #15
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I personally enjoy the older consoles and new ones equally, while I may not be of age to enjoy and play the consoles goodman mentioned back then but I started on the NES and my gaming career was sealed. A lot of new games however may lack the charm or the enchantment older games gave us then and still do today, with an age full of "Mature" and "Me-too" games I can see how it's easy to lose the feeling on the new consoles. I mean honestly it's hard for newer games to surpass classics as the Super Mario Brothers series, Sonic, River City Ransom, Kid Icarus, Castlevania (I never played them but I give the series credit.), EarthBound etc. Compared to newer games that are either complete crap or has a "been there, done that feel." So I can see how some are not satisfied. I however still am satisfied with the number of games I have played on this generation consoles, they are by no means the best, that kind of thing is in the eye of the beholder. But with all the crap that comes out you have to seed through it and look to find the gems, this doesn't mean I have a "all mainstream is crap" kind of attitude if I was saying that I'd be extremely hypocritical. I have games that are extremely popular perhaps to the level of being nauseating but I also have a collection of under the radar games that are true gems in my eyes. Like Ico, Beyond Good And Evil, Second Sight, Wild Arms 3, Ring Of Red, Killer 7 (gets decent reviews but the game has sold somewhere in the 10,000's on PS2 and GC.), Jet Set Radio Future, Obscure, Still Life etc. So to you Mena I say don't give up hope you have to plow through the crap to get to the games that might connect to you on a level of the older consoles, just have to look. But you might of already done this kind of thing and still feel the same way, then my advice is useless then .

One thing I want to point out that I agree on Goodman with is huge gaps in releases. Games usually come out in full force near the holidays and by that time there is hardly the cash or the kind of time to get into all them. While the summer a time of free time and goofing off (for people in still in school at least) there is hardly any good games releasing at that time. I believe I only got three games in the entire summer season which were Still Life, Killer 7 and Beat Down: Fists Of Vengeance. I'm not complaining since they kept me occupied along with my other games but the summer season is such an ironically dry season with how much free time people can have outside or not. I mean this month alone in September there are at least five games releasing that I want, then more following in October, November and some in December it's completely expensive to keep up with but I manage somehow.

Then to make my topic vaguely resemble the point of this topic about Nintendo, yeah I like Nintendo. I enjoy their games, the consoles and their controllers, which fits like a glove. They make some good systems but I hardly believe everything they do is an act of god and should be treated as such, I see alot of that in other places I visit and it's extremely annoying. My complaint with the GC the most is the lack of games, the first party games they release are good and DAMN are they good. But otherwise I generally don't see much third party support for the company, this doesn't mean I'm going to abandon the cube but the lack of interesting games keeps me on bay making me play my Xbox and PS2 more in result. I also own the Nintendo DS, amazing little system I love it. A lot of good games are starting to come out and glad they did since in my view a few months ago the system had nothing of interest for me besides what I already had and was nothing more then a paperweight. I can't say PSP has much of interest for me either, Metal Gear Acid (and it's coming sequel), Medieval Resurrection and a few others that interest me but aren't enough for the huge asking price for me. Plus not to mention the most that released this the start of this month and August were nothing but UMD movie releases, few of them being games. https://gamestop.com/just_arrived.asp...erAscDesc=Desc

I don't hate the PSP but it doesn't have much in the department that matters most, games. It's other features like movies, music and various other things don't interest me I already have a CD player and could find a portable DVD player for cheaper then 250$ if I looked around enough, plus I'm the type to sit and watch a movie, not on the go or on a small screen not a good environment for me. It's nice to know the PSP has them, an all in one kind of deal that's nice but not what I'm looking for, I play handhelds to game not to watch movies. But when more games that come out for the that I want PSP and on a cheaper price I'll pick it up, just not what I want right now. The DS had a rocky start with hardly any game releases a few months into it’s lifespan but that has started to change for me. Some good games that I want are coming out soon. Ones that interest me such as Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Trace Memory, Lunar: Dragon Song, Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrows, Trauma Center: Under The Knife, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney among some others. Then there is also the recently released in Japan Jump Superstars that is basically super smash brothers melee on your DS with tons of anime characters beating the crap out of each other. But would be a licensing hell to get over here since of all the various characters being in different animes licensed by different companies. But since the DS is region free making playing Japanese games playable on an American DS (The PSP has that region free thing going as well.) mean's it's still possible to play it and import it, but I don't see an American Version hitting our shores. There's also Nintendogs too that everyone is going crazy about, I'm glad it has it's success but that game would honestly bore me way too fast. The cute factor would wear off sometime and the daily basis of walking, training etc would tear at me. But I can't deny the cuteness of the puppies they do look cute indeed. I'd just rather drop a thirty on Advance Wars: Dual Strike instead. But I have entertained the thought of renting it and giving my dog (I would pick a Dachshund) name it Ivan The Terrible and call out his name while playing the game in front of my entire family just so I could creep them out . I can imagine it now, my dog Ivan The Terrible with a sudden impulse for world domination, nobody would stand in his way, unless they want to feel the fury of his laser beam eyes. But eventually Ivan would overthrow me, enter the real world and enslave my entire state for his own fiendish deeds, damn dog.

I think that's enough for me, I don't know if I had a point exactly but it's 5:21 AM and I just felt like typing something. Also on another note there is a game that interests me greatly is a GC exclusive called Battalion Wars. This game is a RTS, 3D spin-off of the Advance Wars series and releases on the 19th of this moth, it is coming together really well and looks a lot of fun. I suggest Advance Wars fans or RTS fans in general give it a go, this game looks to be something special.