Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » PlayStation Fantasy » Help And Faq Forum

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 07:45 PM   #21
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rei

And yes, I think I remember the minimum amount of posts per day to not affect the HP stat is 5. It's not that hard to mantain
do you mean 5 post avaerage (total post count / days as a member) or actually posting at least 5 posts per day?
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 07:48 PM   #22
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I think this means that you have to post at least 5 times each day to not decrease. If you post more, it'll be increased. Maybe it has something to do wit your average posts (you can check them in your profile). I'm not that sure, but that's what I got from the explanations and it seems a kinda reliable possibility to me.

BTW, it seems kinda clear that if your level increases, also the other stats will somehow increase.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 11:39 PM   #23
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
What happens when you lose all your HP and MP?
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 11:40 PM   #24
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... the question is: can you lose all of them?
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 11:45 PM   #25
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I like it. It amuses me. But,
what happens if my HP hits 0. Something bad? Will I die? Can someone use a healing potion on me?

_RED_ stuff

I'm joking, btw.

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:19 AM   #26
Matrix
The Messiah

Matrix is on a distinguished road
man these stats are really cool..........keep up the good work(whoever did them!?!?!?!?!?!?)
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:37 AM   #27
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
If your HP reaches zero, you will be forced to start at the last save point and you will lose everything you have received after you last saved.

Oh wait...*turns off FF*

If you are actually seriously worried about losing all your HP, then you just need to show up more.
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:44 AM   #28
FlexMasterRice
Beauty is here!

FlexMasterRice is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

this is the sickest (in a good sense) thing i've ever seen in a forum! .....EVER! It's better than SPAM! Keep up the innovation by the way. Good work admins or whoever came up with this....

My stats are low
what happens when i reach zero?
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:39 AM   #29
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by flex master rice

this is the sickest (in a good sense) thing i've ever seen in a forum! .....EVER! It's better than SPAM! Keep up the innovation by the way. Good work admins or whoever came up with this....

My stats are low
what happens when i reach zero?
nothing it just mean's you havent been around here often.
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:33 AM   #30
FlexMasterRice
Beauty is here!

hopefully i can become strong and powerful just like everyone else!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:50 AM   #31
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix

man these stats are really cool..........keep up the good work(whoever did them!?!?!?!?!?!?)
There are many forums modifications available that add this kind of things. The stats we currently have come from two pre-existing scripts that we have slightly modified.

We are going to add more RPG like functions in these days, just to add a bit of fun into posting.

Currently, if your HP reaches 0 nothing bad happens; as someone else said, it just indicates you're not a good poster as others, or simply that you have recently joined the forums. Visit the forums, post, and you'll see the stats growing. We might modify the code a bit to make something happen when your HP reaches 0, maybe in combination with the other functions we are going to add.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:02 AM   #32
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
any plans on making a game which uses your stats? i know that would be unfair to new memebers but maybe it could work out...
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:13 AM   #33
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

any plans on making a game which uses your stats? i know that would be unfair to new memebers but maybe it could work out...
Not currently. Developing a RPG like battle system - there aren't good mods available, so we should fully program it - would be a quite long and time consuming process. It's actually not too difficult to create a simple battle system, but it means we should stop working on all the rest. Adding to that, we'd like the main focus of the forums to remain on posting.

But who knows, maybe in the future, with more resources available, we could throw in some little game.
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:16 PM   #34
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Finally, a reason to post stuff! Yeah!
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:34 PM   #35
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Finally, a reason to post stuff! Yeah!
Hmmm hmmm.... Don't you have other reasons to post apart from this?
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:52 PM   #36
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
Currently, if your HP reaches 0 nothing bad happens; as someone else said, it just indicates you're not a good poster as others, or simply that you have recently joined the forums. Visit the forums, post, and you'll see the stats growing. We might modify the code a bit to make something happen when your HP reaches 0, maybe in combination with the other functions we are going to add.
What about those that don't post so often cos they don't feel the need to reply to many threads? I know there are a few other like me who don't post a reply because they'd simply be repeating what someone has already said.

Much as though I like this new RPG thing, I can't help but think that people may judge others by their stats. Plus it may encourage 'spammy' posts in order to raise these stats.

Time will tell I guess. But please don't misunderstand - I think they are a great addition.

- S
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:55 PM   #37
Harry
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

What about those that don't post so often cos they don't feel the need to reply to many threads? I know there are a few other like me who don't post a reply because they'd simply be repeating what someone has already said.

Much as though I like this new RPG thing, I can't help but think that people may judge others by their stats. Plus it may encourage 'spammy' posts in order to raise these stats.

Time will tell I guess. But please don't misunderstand - I think they are a great addition.

- S
Spank-A-Thon, I'm here a lot of time, every day and I don't post that often, also for the reasons you said. I work hours and hours on the forums with Fortune, and I have low stats. But I don't care.

It's just a funny thing that can make some people post more often, and this just means that the forums will be even richer of ideas and words to read - because the fact we included these little funny stats doesn't mean we'll be accepting spam or anything else. The rules are always the same.
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:06 PM   #38
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry

Spank-A-Thon, I'm here a lot of time, every day and I don't post that often, also for the reasons you said. I work hours and hours on the forums with Fortune, and I have low stats. But I don't care.

It's just a funny thing that can make some people post more often, and this just means that the forums will be even richer of ideas and words to read - because the fact we included these little funny stats doesn't mean we'll be accepting spam or anything else. The rules are always the same.
I certainly don't expect you, or the other mods, to accept spam any more than you do now. I also agree that it may encourage people to post more - I just hope that the extra posts also add value to the forum.

I don't really care about my stats, or those of others - I know who the good posters are here and I certainly don't think this will change their posting habits.

Their is no doubt that something like this will encourage people to stay, and obviously you want more members (bandwidth permitting of course! Heh heh...). I'd just hate to see these forums inudated with an influx of spammy newbies who are only interested in boosting their stats. That's the reason I left FFonline (even though they haven't introduced stats).

In January, I'll have been here 1 year, which suggests you and the rest of the team are doing things right (from my point of view of course). Fact is you're the only forum I belong to now and hence I can't help but feel protective.

As I said, I think they are a great addition and will add a lot of fun to the forum - but I don't want to see people abuse this feature.

-S
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:12 PM   #39
FlexMasterRice
Beauty is here!

Unhappy

I don't wanna diiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:15 PM   #40
Harry
Administrator

Thankfully, bandwidth is not an issue yet. We use and average just 4-5 GB per day, and we can use about four times this amount.

Unfortunately, this doesn't mean we don't need more financial resources. I'm working to create some ad plan, some donation system, something that can keep these place online as long as possible, with some income for the staff.

Going back to the topic, there is no need to be scared. This little things spice just things up a bit.