Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old May 27th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #361
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
The last game I completed was Kingdom Hearts 2 (Tales of the Abyss was sold out by the time I came to a decision) It only took about 4 days or so.... I'm thinking about replaying it on proud mode or whatever it's called. I like to start things off on easy and then work my way up. The cutscenes are great, and I like the button mashing and whatnot, but Sora, Donald and Goofy really got on my nerves. Ranging from stupid to being naive (as usual), it's tedious. Not as bad as the first KH though.

Anyway, now I've went back to playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. (Got the missing cord and center piece) I've forgotten how annoying some of the puzzles and dungeons/temples are. Well, not the puzzles, but you get my drift. Having to go back and forth from room to room searching for keys can get tiring as well. Mainly because I get lost a lot, haha.

And I know I'm in for a pickle once I hit the water temple. That's my most hated temple outside of the shadow temple. Having me going around in circles only to find out that I missed/needed to do something simple can sort of crush ones spirit ^^. I recently finished the forest temple though. Disappointed that I got hit by the boss in our tennis match, but I'm still getting used to everything. Coming back to an unfinished game after several months (almost a year I think) has passed is sort of hard to recover from .

Dragon Quest 8 will probably be the next game I end up buying.. That or Rogue Galaxy, Valkyrie Profile 2. Maybe even Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

Couple of side notes/questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ
I now have 3 weeks before MGS4 which will give me time to get through Resistance
The more I look at these little clips of MGS4, the more I wish I had the money to buy a ps3. (And a 360 for that matter) I saw one clip where Kojima is showing off the gameplay, and I was just blown away. (Not to mention blown away by how he plays... I'm a cautious when it comes to the MGS series, so I tend to take things really slow, hehe. And to see him just breeze through the enemies was really impressive.) Simple things that were added to the game, such as "rolling sideways, or shooting while on your back" had me in amazement and wondering why couldn't that be in MGS3... Would've made things a lot more easier for me lol.

Suikoden owners. What's the battle system like? I was thinking about getting one of the later games. (III, IV, V) I hear that they have that RTS or that tactical type battle system. While I was curious about S/TRPG's at one point, I just can't get myself to attempt any of them. I don't have the patience for those type of games, lol.

Had another question, but loss my train of thought... (short attention span, I tell ya )

Last edited by Phenom; May 27th, 2008 at 07:27 AM..
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #362
Phenom

I beat Genji a couple of days ago, and turned my attention to Rogue Galaxy. I'm currently on the 3rd chapter... I think, just now getting to some village, and it's dealing with some type of Star God. I suppose, I'm about to get another character. Lilika, I believe that's her name, since she was in my party once before. It's a pretty interesting game.

Party members calling out suggestions and stuff can get a tad bit annoying, especially when near death because they call out suggestions too much, and then other stuff pops up on the screen, and trying to read it is a chore because it don't stay on the screen too long. (I think tips pop up on enemies weaknesses and whatnot. Can't confirm it.)

It can get pretty intense. I've died twice so far. I call myself trying to be reservative in using items, but it seems that the game forces you to rely on items since the enemies can do quite a bit of damage in 2-3 hits. I think I may try to use Zegram over Jaster for a bit. Just to see how he is.

Cell-shaded graphics in this game are pretty to look at. People who complain about repetitiveness might have a problem with it since looking at the abilities over and over can be real can become tiresome, though, you can skip them so, no harm.

This has the potential to become a favorite.
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #363
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
I'm currently playing through the Metal Gear Solid games, since the virtually biggest game ever is coming out in two weeks now and I thought I'd see if it was my cup of tea.

I'm near the end of disc 1 of MGS1 and I have to say, so far I do not see what all the hype surrounding these games is for (the first one at least). Its very mediocre at best. The controls are absolutely horrible; I find my self dieing because of the controls more than anything else. Those random trap holes were a pain too (Why the heck is there a room with a box of ammo sitting right on top of one?!). So I've pretty much resorted to running into everything like an idiot, die a couple times, then once I've figured it out try and make it through it usually still resulting in a couple deaths before I actually get past a point. This isn't becoming as frequent as I get further in however.

I can say one good thing though, the story is somewhat interesting. Thats about all thats keeping me on this. That, and seeing what the next boss will be like. Cyborg Ninja and Psycho Mantis have been the funnest so far.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #364
Phenom

For the past couple of days I've been over my sister's boyfriend's house playing a buttload of games. (Main reason why I haven't been on much for the past couple of days.)

First and foremost. Ninja Gaiden 2 is insane. I've tried out the staff for the first time, and I have to say that it's pretty cool. Although, the sword is still better in my opinion. I did more damage on the 2nd boss with the sword moreso than the staff. I like how you can switch weapons on the fly. Kills a lot of time from going into the menu, although, I found myself still going into the menu anyway. Old habit from the first one. The camera is the biggest enemy here as well. I love the difficulty. Even on normal things can get pretty intense.

I also tried out Gears of War for the first time. I will admit that it looks good. But then I find it to be "meh" at best. I guess it's because I'm so used to the "Run & Gun" method over the "Stop & Pop". It just takes too much getting used to. I do see why it was a contender for Game of the Year.. (or was it GOTY?) Like, I said though, I prefer run and gun. The saw kill was cool.

I also tried out Super Smash Bros Brawl for the first time. It's okay I guess. I did play with two people using swords, and they were both pretty good. Ike(?) and someone else... (Not Link) The game is not for me, though. I like fighting games, but this just wasn't all that pleasing. (Natural hate for Mario games lol.)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy was being played for a bit. Forgot how to play this one too. Cheap trips and punches get through uppercuts... I hated that crap. I forgot how good Kabal was lol. It's just too bad that I forgot a lot of the combos. I remember a time when I used to just study my book on how to perform the combos, lol.

And last but not least, we pretty much spent all day yesterday and day before yesterday playing Street Fighter Alpha 3. It's been so long since I've last played a Street Fighters game. I used to be really good, but now I'm kicking off rust. But in a matter of 2 days, I think I did fairly well. I've never seen an actual person pull off Akuma's Lights Out special so that caught me off guard. I pretty much played with Ryu, Ken and Guy. (who I forgot was in the game.) I also played with Chun Li and Sakura a couple of times. Man, we had a blast with this one. But my thumb was also blasted so I don't think I'll be playing any type of games dealing with the direction pad for a while lol.

They're trying to get me to play Guitar Heroes, but I'll sue them before they ever get me to play that game.
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #365
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
Right this moment in time I'm currently playing Lost Odyssey, I'm really enjoying this game and I love the story and music. I think the music for the dream sequences have been done very well to help give the emotion when you are reading the stories, which have also been well written I think.

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #366
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Im currently working on NCAA09(PS3) before madden comes out next week...and im also about to start KotOR2 because i need a star wars fix before Force Unleashed.

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #367
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I just finished playing through uncharted for the 6th time. I now have my platinum trophy for it .

I have also been playing some pixeljunk eden and SSHD cause it turns out I am a trophy ho. lol

I also went back and played some Call of Duty 4 today cause I never did try to get my level 55. I am level 52 right now. Probably won't go after 55 any time soon, but its a good game when your tired of everything else.

Finally, I have been playing Beijing 2008 and am really enjoying it. Good times!

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #368
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Currently playing "Soul Calibur 4." Seriously thought I would never buy this but after trying it out, it's surprisingly good. The balance, design, and difficulty are just right this time, the improved Character Creation (able to create up to 50 characters from scratch and 50 edits for each of the main cast) is very enjoyable, and graphics are lovely.

The new Critical Finishes are very gimmicky so they come off as lame. The same goes for the equipment breakage. Basically if you break a piece of the opponent's armor (either from upper, middle, lower, or all) they'll receive more damage in that area. But there's no noticeable difference, at least to me. So me thinks it's just NAMCO's fanservice feature.

The story mode still makes you go "?" though, the Arcade is, well, arcade-ish, and the Tower of Lost Souls is mildy fun. Most of the time would be spent trying to get the Honors (aka rewards to unlock new equipment for Character Creation) which some are impossible to get if you refuse to go online like me. It saddens me a great deal considering I have 30 out of 50 Honors.

My major beef has to be Darth Vader and his Apprentice. Sorry "Star Wars" fans but it's still unfathomable to me why NAMCO decided to listen to those who wanted them in here. Even after playing their stories - which laughably tries to make their appearance in the game make sense - I still don't see it. And Darth Vader is rather a dud - being the one of the most popular icons ever, you'd think he'd be cooler than what he is. And the Apprentice...what a little $#&*. Cannot stand him and his stupid stance/pose and his stupid repetitive moves over and over and over again. There's just some people you hate automatically and for me, he's one of them.

Well, aside from that above, I'd say that this is a great addition to the SC series.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Aug 24th, 2008 at 05:34 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #369
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I'm mostly playing The Orange Box for 360 right now. But I find myself going back to Def Jam Fight for NY on the old PS2 once again. Still as fun as the first day I got it back in fall 04. The brillance of the gameplay is a testament to the fighter genre and is an absolutely fun game. I hated rap back in 2004 and only like a small portion of it today, but the rock solid gameplay still keeps me entertained when the stereotypical hip-hop displayed in this game has me rolling my eyes.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 02:45 AM   #370
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Got my hands on a copy of Tiger Woods 09 for PS3. I have been giving that a whirl for the last couple days. I have not played it enough to give it a fair evaluation at this point.

I also picked up warhawk for $15 and am kind of enjoying it. I more or less picked it up due to trophies. I know I know, but its fun to go for meaningless stuff while I wait for the big guns to come out later this month and next.

I also gave Pixeljunk Eden a second look and truly enjoy it much more the second time through. I actually have found myself to be ranked in the top 350 in the world. Thats out of 50,000+ who have been playing it online.

Other then that, I did finish getting to level 55 in COD4 and decided to take the prestige level and start over again. I also play Super Stardust HD from time to time, especially if my friend comes over for 2P mode.

NHL 09 comes out next week and thats when most of the other games get forgotten for a while.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #371
OldSnakeWontDie

OldSnakeWontDie is on a distinguished road
I'm still playing GTA:IV. Already finished it back in July, but I'm just doing all the little side missions. I'm going and collecting Stevie's cars. Just stealing them and taking them back to the garage. The thing I hate about it is how hard it is to find the locations. That's the hardest part. Then making sure the car is actually spawned on the location. But the worst part is that there are always tons of similar cars around there so you pretty much have to break into each different type of vehicle to get the right one sometimes. Oh, well. At least, I'm not trying to kill the pigeons. I hate that, sooooo annoying.
OldSnakeWontDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM   #372
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I picked up NHL 09 and am pretty much just playing in the EASHL or in a custom league I run.

I also go WipeoutHD, and am really enjoying it. I can't play it for long periods of time though as it gives me headaches.

lets see what else am I playing, I picked up Buzz, since it finally released in North America. I got my Rockband Guitar replaced so I played a little of that. YOu know pretty much being a trophy junkie. I think I'm up to a 140 or so, level 5.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #373
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Just got an invitation to the Home Beta yesterday, much to my surprise - especially after spending way too much time this week trying to score (and fail at) landing a LittleBigPlanet beta. Still getting used to the thing but it's nifty.

Also my PS3 stopped reading any sort of disc a few weeks ago, so it's been a lot of WipeoutHD and other d/l games since, lol. Got the repair box in the mail, but I'm waiting for some credit card statements to arrive to prove its still under warranty....(lost the original receipt)
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #374
Trener

Trener is on a distinguished road
I'm currently playing GTA IV on my PlayStation 3!
This game is really amazing!
My last completed game was Metal Gear Solid 4. Love it as well
Trener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 02:15 AM   #375
Phenom

Feels like it's been forever since I've been here, but I've only been gone a month and some change... anyways..

I have Tales of the Abyss coming in the mail, but the latest games I've played were [i]Phoenix Wright: Justice For All[i] and Apollo Justice. They're pretty decent, but they don't have much to offer when it comes to replay value.
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #376
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, been a while too. Ive been playing a fair bit of ps2, which will be my system of choice at least the next year for sure, so many games to play still. Just finished Dragon Quest 8, and i very highly recommend this game by SquareEnix, it even comes with the FF12 demo for those who havent played it (me). I beat Drakan, a excellent rpg style game along the lines of a Baldurs Gate prior to DQ8 and highly recommend it also. Playing ps2 games nowadays helps me to realize just how great the system truely became and is, with developers. While i was being highly distracted by WoW for 3 years many great games slipped through that beg to be played and experienced! So anyways best wishes in life and in gaming to all!!!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #377
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSphere View Post
Just got an invitation to the Home Beta yesterday, much to my surprise - especially after spending way too much time this week trying to score (and fail at) landing a LittleBigPlanet beta. Still getting used to the thing but it's nifty.

Also my PS3 stopped reading any sort of disc a few weeks ago, so it's been a lot of WipeoutHD and other d/l games since, lol. Got the repair box in the mail, but I'm waiting for some credit card statements to arrive to prove its still under warranty....(lost the original receipt)

Thats tough to hear, DS, hope that all works out for you. Im trusting the ps3 will become more reasonable over the next year with the 360 having dropped its price and making it real hard on Sony to justify their overpriced, under supported, system...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #378
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Been playing Burnout Paradise again, and finally after 90 some hours got the 100%, as well as all the trophies for it. This is by far my favorite game this generation, I still highly recommend this.

WipEout HD has also been occupying my time. I just made it to the last event on the single player campaign mode the other night, and they sure step up the difficulty fast! But its not too bad because the game still lets you get the silver medal fairly easily, the gold is the hard one to go get. This game also looks amazing in HD.

Rented Golden Axe: Beast Rider. It looked good from what I saw and thought since it was Golden Axe that it'd be something worth while. Well no, its not. Its a very poorly put together game. The 'hack n' slash' with the character is fun enough, until they throw in the clunky "axe throw magic" (which you have to aim 3rdPS style) and the extra clunky beasts that you need to progress with and can also die on you by not only attacks from enemies but by using their abilities. Oh and if you fall off a beast an enemy can steal it from you. Huh. Luckily the beasts still suck when they use them too. That, I find, very disappointing since the game is based around riding beasts, you would think the system would be a little more refined? Oh SEGA, how you've lost your touch...
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #379
Phenom

I've been playing Tales of the Abyss and I've been hooked on it for about a week now. It has its annoying moments mainly with Luke, but seeing how I'm pretty far into the game now (I think). 30-40 hours of the game, and everyone is between the levels of 34-38.

I just got the flying thing, and I just got to the Qliphoth. Taking a break from it now though.

My favorite characters are Guy, Jade and Asch. I'm finally getting used to the the Mystic Artes as well as FoFs. They're pretty neat to look at too.

One thing I don't like about it though, is that you have to hold L2 to run around the battle field, not to mention that you can't attack while free running. Kind of kills the point of running around a battle field.

I also have Okami here, but I haven't started playing it yet. I will once I beat TotA though.
Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM   #380
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Woo. Got my PS3 back this past Monday so now I'm swimming in a veritable deluge of new games! LittleBigPlanet is a total blast, Dead Space is constantly teaching me how to be thrifty with my ammo (trying it on hard), and Far Cry 2 has taken a sizable chunk of my gaming time as well.

Though Resistance 2 is coming on Tuesday already (!), I might wait till the holidays for that one... Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead are my next two biggest games to look out for in the coming weeks.

So sad to see my summer savings drift away so quickly...
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote