Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:23 PM   #41
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
Ok I finally figured out how to record shit. I always got myself some kinda free program for dinking around with. So I recorded something real quick. Pretty much no editing or volume adjustments, so it sounds incredibly rough!!!! Plus when the vox kick in I did not warm up so I sing outta key for the majority of the song lol. But hey its rushed, but atleast I can record now HAHAH!!! So I'll post some stuff I take some time with in the future. Now I just have to get the drums in

https://download.yousendit.com/23A6FE613E9E4342

~Will

Uchiha... I want to help you out with some production man. Hit me up on myspace.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:49 AM   #42
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
Ok I finally figured out how to record shit. I always got myself some kinda free program for dinking around with. So I recorded something real quick. Pretty much no editing or volume adjustments, so it sounds incredibly rough!!!! Plus when the vox kick in I did not warm up so I sing outta key for the majority of the song lol. But hey its rushed, but atleast I can record now HAHAH!!! So I'll post some stuff I take some time with in the future. Now I just have to get the drums in

https://download.yousendit.com/23A6FE613E9E4342

~Will
I like the arrangement of the song nicely done, but the singing I don't know dude.... Better warm up good next time.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:11 AM   #43
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
^^ Oh hell yeah man. My voice is way too off. I'm usually in much better control of my vibrato and my notes aren't off. Yeah it takes me a good hour to get ready so thats why I said fuck it.

~Will

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM   #44
Berserker
misfit

Cool man, keep up the recording. I'm getting interested in homerecording myself too lately. But I need to get some decent gear, what do you use to record with?

Vincere Aut Mori
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM   #45
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Well nothing killer I'll tell you that much. I'm pretty much just using my PC. All I got is my Zoom 707II guitar pedal hooked into the input on my audiocard. And then I use Audacity to record and mix tracks (Still goofing around with that). So yeah its sooooo freaking basic. I just need to figure out how to mix the levels better...

~Will

Social Networks
Old May 4th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #46
Berserker
misfit

Well it's a good way to start right? I'm thinking along the same lines. Got a line6 POD, cubase SX3 but I still need to get a decent soundcard with multiple channels and midi I/O(thinking about a EMU 0404 or Terratec) plus I need to to upgrade my memory to at least 1024 otherwise the cubase won't run smooth. Quite interesting material that whole homerecording-stuff. Keep us posted when you get a drumpart with it( BTW what will you use for your drumparts...Fruity loops??).

Vincere Aut Mori
Old May 5th, 2006, 10:30 AM   #47
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Just to join in the posting of songs, here's a rough demo.

Who Killed Laura Palmer?

Try to enjoy! xx

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #48
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3ccllV8j...rch=Audioslave

AUDIOSLAVE BABY!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #49
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker
( BTW what will you use for your drumparts...Fruity loops??).
Well so far just my pedal, it has a drum machine. I gotta either find someone who can do it better or find a way to hook my drums straight up to it.

OH BTW RED, I want you to help me with producing some of my bands shit. So give me a pm back on myspace on which prog you use so I can record the stuff and send it to you.

~Will

Social Networks
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #50
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
You need to bring the recording levels down a whole lot, because your tracks are clipping out. You can always boost the volume at a later point when it's mixed down. It makes anything post-distort sound really muffled and you can't make out the guitar line, which is a nice part, although I think you'd benefit from running a drum beat underneath it so it all stays in time. You can always remove it afterwards. There's a good free software drum machine called hammerhead which is good to use as a metronome.

Bezerker, your kit set up there is really good already! I know bands that have recorded things with less good equipment than that. When you get your full set up working, I'll imagine it'll nearly rival a proper studio. Instead of going for a multiple input soundcard, why not buy a mixer? Behringer make a cheap one I think which is meant to be great for home recording. Cubase is a good programme, but I choose personally to run a simple recording programme called Ntrack along with Soundforge for .wav editing, and as for inputs I tend to improvise. The track posted above was recorded by first running a d.i'd 10w practise amp to the pc for the guitars and the vocals. I think it sounds pretty good myself for what it is. My top tip would be to never run effects from a digital multi-pedal and instead either manipulate the tracks using software or use analogue seperate pedals. The sound quality is so much better.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #51
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
You need to bring the recording levels down a whole lot, because your tracks are clipping out. You can always boost the volume at a later point when it's mixed down. It makes anything post-distort sound really muffled and you can't make out the guitar line, which is a nice part, although I think you'd benefit from running a drum beat underneath it so it all stays in time. You can always remove it afterwards. There's a good free software drum machine called hammerhead which is good to use as a metronome.
Yeah, I just recently got a better program from Red and its helping already. I just got to tinker around with it and get used to everything. And yeah I'm trying to get this damn metronome thinger to work properly so thats another task. And it will definately help keep things in time because its such a bitch.

~Will

Social Networks
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:46 AM   #52
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile

Bezerker, your kit set up there is really good already! I know bands that have recorded things with less good equipment than that. When you get your full set up working, I'll imagine it'll nearly rival a proper studio. Instead of going for a multiple input soundcard, why not buy a mixer? Behringer make a cheap one I think which is meant to be great for home recording. Cubase is a good programme, but I choose personally to run a simple recording programme called Ntrack along with Soundforge for .wav editing, and as for inputs I tend to improvise. The track posted above was recorded by first running a d.i'd 10w practise amp to the pc for the guitars and the vocals. I think it sounds pretty good myself for what it is. My top tip would be to never run effects from a digital multi-pedal and instead either manipulate the tracks using software or use analogue seperate pedals. The sound quality is so much better.
Thanx for the tips Faile, I've been looking into those Behringer mixers they got pretty decent ones, but I need to read into the material first. I find the the website(forum) of soundonsound.com very usefull to learn a lot of stuff. Cubase can be a real pain to work with as I have heard, but I still need to find out so maybe Ntrack will be a nice alternative, thanx!

Vincere Aut Mori