Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #1
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Want to play Star wars: Galaxies but don't want to drop money on it?

I just recently found this and its a free 14 day trial of the game. Ive been thinking about getting it but I didnt want to drop the cash on a game that I might just stop playing within the first week. This'll be perfect for me to test the MMORPG waters.

I would be playing now but hotmail is acting stupid so I cant get my trial key.
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:54 AM   #2
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Im already paying and playing EQ, man, so wont try it out. I do recommend anyone trying a mmorpg to have a good connection, you gotta download that whole thing, so DSL or Cable is a must! Tell us what you think, though, Chara, and thanks!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 09:41 AM   #3
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Having a lot of Ram helps in those kinds of games I am getting a gig of ram from my brother for my birthday next month!

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #4
Chara
Over the edge

Heh, I've been playing this thing ever since 6am. I never played a MMORPG before and I'm just amazed at how much I can do. Like I decided to do a bit of exploring... got ambushed by these people that was just chillin in the middle of the desert. I dont know how but somehow I managed to run away from them and hide in a empty building (I think it was someone's house, they just wasn't home). But me being on Tatooine, I was expecting to see some sand people while I was traveling, but I didnt. Saw lots of creatures, though.

So far I am really enjoying the game. Right now I'm trying to find a town with a lot of people. I'm trying ot get a friend to come where I'm at so he can take me to a busy city in his speeder, and give me armor so I can actually fight things other than the small little creatures.

But man... the installation sucks. It took me about an hour just to ge the game up and running, not including the charater creation.

Last edited by Chara; Jul 14th, 2004 at 09:46 AM..
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:29 AM   #5
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara
Heh, I've been playing this thing ever since 6am. I never played a MMORPG before and I'm just amazed at how much I can do. Like I decided to do a bit of exploring... got ambushed by these people that was just chillin in the middle of the desert. I dont know how but somehow I managed to run away from them and hide in a empty building (I think it was someone's house, they just wasn't home). But me being on Tatooine, I was expecting to see some sand people while I was traveling, but I didnt. Saw lots of creatures, though.

So far I am really enjoying the game. Right now I'm trying to find a town with a lot of people. I'm trying ot get a friend to come where I'm at so he can take me to a busy city in his speeder, and give me armor so I can actually fight things other than the small little creatures.

But man... the installation sucks. It took me about an hour just to ge the game up and running, not including the charater creation.
Hey Chara,

what's your characters name and what server are you on? What skills have you got, what species, etc?

Trust me, you do not want to run into any Tusken Raiders cos you will get beaten badly!!! Even with my character being a Master Carbineer/Master Doctor I tend to run a mile from Tuskens - especially Tusken Observers!

My characters are both called Ymobacca. One is on Flurry and one is on Chimaera. If you have any questions then give me a yell - oh, and check out the stickied thread for some sights from SWG.

- S
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #6
Chara
Over the edge

I'm on the server Sunrunner and my Character's name is Frozen. I'm a human and currently working towards Bounty Hunter. I have pistols IV, ranged weapons III, and I forgot what I am up to in scout. My friend said if I keep up at this rate, I'll be a novice BH by next week. Once I buy the game I might create another character on a different server (hell, I might just buy it this weekend and just switch over when my trial runs out>.. I get 120 days free because my friend brough an extra card... yea!!!).

And yea... I know about those raiders, I was just passing by them on my speeder and jeez, they almost took me out as I was just passing through. But since I've been in my friend's guild I've been hooked up with some nice stuff. They also introduced me to buffing, which helps me A LOT. But with just the sliced pistol they gave me I was able to complete all the missions to see Jabba on my own.

I am so addicted to this game. Ive been playing it like nonstop and I only visited 3 planets. The only one I did much exploring in is Tatooine. Naboo is where my guild is located and where my friend takes me level up, and I just go to Corellia to get buffed. I can get a buff for free but I dont feel like looking for the doctor that'll do it so I pay someone on Cornellia about 1,000 credits for them to do it for me. They are usually advertising right outside the starport so you dont have to go far to find em.

Last edited by Chara; Jul 16th, 2004 at 10:39 PM..