Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 7th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #1
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Revenge

Is it wrong to seek revenge against someone if they do something bad to you? I have a situation where I could totally hurt someone much worse then they hurt me. Nothing physical! just emotionally. They did it to me without hesitation, so can i do it back without feeling guilty?

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Thats the question at the end of the day. Guilt. I can be very very vindictive in my thoughts but could never act on anyone who has crossed me because i feel guilt very keenly and it will cut throw me at any opportunity.
If you could justify it to yourself then sure, go for it. But if its not the right thing to do (and revenge rarely is) then don't. Of course, the fact that you seek advice at all would indicate that you have some sort of doubt as to what you should do, and therefore you should not.
Then again this is situation specific. Depending on circumstance my advice might change...

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #3
Dactrius
Night Elven Rogue

Dactrius is on a distinguished road
I'll give my 2 cents on this...

Revenge is never right! Suger coat it all you want, and spend weeks justifying it if you feel you should, but at the end of the day, it's just plain wrong. Striking out at someone physically or emotionally is a very bad thing, even in vengeance...

You may have made up your mind about this kind of thing and I'm not really that good at explaining things, but if you go through with things like this, it eats away at you later. You need to prove you are the better person and walk away from this.

You cannot justify vengeance no matter how big the issue or deep the reason. I hope you can understand this.

[PS2]: N/A
[XBox]: N/A
[GC]: N/A
[PC]: N/A
Dactrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #4
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
My personality prevents me from bringing my wrath down on somebody. I don't consider myself a pacifist (due to my insane competitive nature and love of "violent" games and sports), but I'm too easygoing to let things get me angered to the point that I wish to harm someone physically, mentally, or emotionally.

I'm sure I pulled pranks on people to get them back, but those were always with the intent of comedy. Plus, I only do it to people I know who have the humility to take it as a joke and nothing more.

Basically, if you do something to me that I deem unforgivable (there are very few things that are that way to me), I will simply disown you from my life. It isn't worth having people in my life that intend to hurt me in any sort of way.

Now, as for the topic of it being right or wrong, I believe that revenge is just another one of those issues and morals that every person has to decide if they have or they don't. If you don't do it for whatever reason, then fine. If you do bring vengence down on some poor sap, all I can suggest is that you think about what may come of it in the end.

Live with no regrets in your life.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan

Hyuuga Neji is on a distinguished road
This is a question that you yourself can only truly answer, it is all based on your personality and they way you were raised.

Last Game I Beat: Fable
---------------------------------------------------
What I Really Meant To Say Is I'm Sorry For The Way I Am, Never Meant To Be So Cold
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 01:34 AM   #6
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
I fully believe in revenge, getting even, evening out the score etc. etc.
Every man has to decide for himself, but there are some things that seem unforgiveable in my eyes.
One of the sayings I also keep close(I have a few ) ; Don't get mad, get even...

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 02:45 AM   #7
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I am going to make this short. Revenge is the thing of wars and mass suffering in the world. If the past few years haven't proven that to you, I don't know what will. Even a small ripple in the wave of all things...one man exacting revenge on a fellow human being, effects the whole, sending a shockwave through the system of negativity. Take road rage for example, one person pisses one driver off at 6am on the way to work, the next driver gets "even" and pisses a third party off, the whole thing increases exponentionally so that by noon there is a huge pile up or a traffic jam so bad on the way home the thing starts all over again. So obviously, there is no such thing as getting "even" because if there was that would mean it would stop there, but it does not. He would just retaliate and things could concievably go on forever. Don't contribute to the human disease of vengeance. We must all be the bigger man or woman at the end of the day and go on with our lives.

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; Jun 9th, 2004 at 02:47 AM..
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #8
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Well that sounds beautiful Red, but what if someone hits your girlfriend what are you gonna say to her sorry dear I don't wanna sent a wave of negativity through the system? I agree with you that you don't have to take your aggression out for no reason, but some things you can't let go unpunished IMO. I'm not an aggresive person, I've kickboxed and practiced Tae Kwon-Do for quite some time and now I'm into bodybuilding, so I got the odds against me for some people but I'm really not. But there are a few things that I just won't take another guy hitting my girlfriend or an adult harming my two little nieces(???) when you do that to me you're fucked plain and simple (excusez mon francais). So yeah I believe in revenge and retaliation for my personally not on a global level like ; "your people commited terrorisme to our country so now we're gonna bomb your civilians..."

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #9
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead
They did it to me without hesitation, so can i do it back without feeling guilty?
That's up to you. I think I would feel guilty if I hurt someone really bad. I think that if you can live with the fact that you might not ever see or talk to this person ever again then go for it. But if you don't do anything then that person is the one that has to live with the guilt. Maybe not now but later. And then if you do talk to them you can always say that they were wrong, which is fun and annoying

What I got from Red is that you don’t want things to get physical. Sure it starts out with words but then before you know it someone is not just hurt emotionally but physically too. That and you can’t get even because everyone wants to win. And like beserker said, some things are unforgivable. But I think that if it were unforgivable you would have done something before asking.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 10:26 AM   #10
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
mog

I think you should beat their ass, or get back at them.. whichever... I dunno there are certain people I wouldn't mind fighting but when I am placed in a conflict I tend to talk my way through them when what the girl deserves is a bitch slap.

Hey, get revenge u will feel better.. if they aren't or weren't a good friend of yours. But if they were I suggest you just uhh talk it through or cuss them out. Unless they did hit ur gf where as you should beat their ass.
If my boyfriend got beat up I wouldn't really do anything unless I knew his girlfriend or him personally then I'd beat them with a wooden board full of nails.. hey I'm hostile.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had

Last edited by Lost_myth; Jun 15th, 2004 at 10:30 AM..
Lost_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #11
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
i have done nothing yet, and its not a physical thing its an emotional thing. Basically a ex friend took my girlfriend, and thus now I am taking his ex girlfriend which he still loves. Greatest part is, she knows what my plan is and wants to go threw with it, I just am having second thoughts.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #12
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
mog

lol, my evil mood swings..

yessh yeshh

Well anyways, Do you love your ex-girlfriend?

Hey, he's going out with yours, obviously he shouldn't have a problem with you going out with his, it's only fair.. seems like he should be over her either that or he should of tried to make things right between his ex love and himself.

I think you and him or going to end up hating eachother if you don't already.

Why does your ex-girlfriend want to go out with him?

Have you talked to him about it?

I do think that you should go out with his, you never know.. you two may have a nice relationship.

But whatever, follow your heart.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had
Lost_myth is offline   Reply With Quote