Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 04:35 PM   #41
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Too bad Miyamoto is Nintendos God. Kojima is just another cool guy that makes games. I'll put it this way when I think Nintendo I think Miyamoto when I think of SONY Kojima isn't the first person that comes to mind.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #42
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

Too bad Miyamoto is Nintendos God. Kojima is just another cool guy that makes games. I'll put it this way when I think Nintendo I think Miyamoto when I think of SONY Kojima isn't the first person that comes to mind.

True, hes been a legend alot longer, but who cares who's mighter, Im so thankful we have people on this planet like them, they make great games!
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #43
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

True, hes been a legend alot longer, but who cares who's mighter, Im so thankful we have people on this planet like them, they make great games!
True that!
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 01:29 AM   #44
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Miyamoto and Kojima are both amazing....... and I am pretty sure they respect each other alot. But one thing that I DONT understand is, after soo many years Miyamoto and Kojima has finally worked togather on "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes"......... although Miyamoto is not completely involved with the game, he is making sure, that it turns out good. BUT......when I read the interview of both these guys...... this is what I noticed.

Kojima: Nintendo approached us and said, "How about MGS for the GameCube?" We accepted the offer.

Miyamoto on the other hand is saying...

Miyamoto: About a year ago, Mr. Kojima told me passionatly about Metal Gear Solid, exclusive for GameCube. Since his proposal was exactly what I had been meaning to bring up, we agreed on the spot and the project was started quickly.

So Nintendo approached Kojima, but still Miyamoto sounds like he doesn't wanna accept that, he wants to make it sound like Kojima proposed first......although Kojima says that Nintendo approached first. I dont know whats the big deal here, one should not feel small in asking first, but from the sound of it, seems like both are.... Thats just weird.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:13 AM   #45
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Miyamoto and Kojima are both amazing....... and I am pretty sure they respect each other alot. But one thing that I DONT understand is, after soo many years Miyamoto and Kojima has finally worked togather on "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes"......... although Miyamoto is not completely involved with the game, he is making sure, that it turns out good. BUT......when I read the interview of both these guys...... this is what I noticed.

Kojima: Nintendo approached us and said, "How about MGS for the GameCube?" We accepted the offer.

Miyamoto on the other hand is saying...

Miyamoto: About a year ago, Mr. Kojima told me passionatly about Metal Gear Solid, exclusive for GameCube. Since his proposal was exactly what I had been meaning to bring up, we agreed on the spot and the project was started quickly.

So Nintendo approached Kojima, but still Miyamoto sounds like he doesn't wanna accept that, he wants to make it sound like Kojima proposed first......although Kojima says that Nintendo approached first. I dont know whats the big deal here, one should not feel small in asking first, but from the sound of it, seems like both are.... Thats just weird.
Well at least they're working together so this game should be amazing when it comes out. It's too bad they both have to have different stories about who approached who first though.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:56 PM   #46
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

Fair enough man. I actually didn't mind Raiden at the end of the game. I just didn't like it when you first started using him and he acted like the biggest wimp.
You make me laugh there, bro. have you actually found yourself in a real life combat situation, or worse, have you got to take some body's life?

AS it began on that part of the game, it was worked out so the character went through a completely realistic situation: the guy had never killed before, or at least he believed he had not. Someone who supposedly had only gone over VR training, had now to face the real thing. Of course there would be a SHOCK in his mind, it's only natural in a human being. Otherwise he would just have been an abnormal freak who feels nothing for no one.

Many people sees Raiden as a sissie because what: he happens to have the FUCKING HEAVY BURDEN AND TERRIBLY BAD LUCK of being compared to no other than SOLID SNAKE. THE SOLID SNAKE. The Badass, the UNBEATABLE son of a bitch that goes through any freaking situation in life and is always successful, and cool and cynic.

But you know what, Snake has been killing people for years, and yet he still feels remorse every time he does it, he just gets over it since there's nothing else he can do. Raiden, in the other hand, is somewhat a rookie, even though his skills in combat are just as good, if not better, than Snake's.

I don't know a damn thing about Ghost so I have no comment about it. It just pisses me off when people don't see what was really intended with Raiden's place in MGS2.

Don't get it personal, though, I think you are the shit man.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:55 PM   #47
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

I don't take offense to it. It is after all an opinion. I know a lot of people who don't like Raiden actually everyone I know doesn't like him. The only time I actually hear people defending him is on these forums. I have no problem with that we all have our opinions.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 05:24 PM   #48
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Unfortunately, many people, if not most, have the terrible habit of just voicing their opinion with little or no support to it.

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #49
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen

Unfortunately, many people, if not most, have the terrible habit of just voicing their opinion with little or no support to it.
If this is directed at me, what opinion would you like me to support?
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #50
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Not exactly directed at you, you just reminded me of all people who criticize Raiden just because he's not as cold-blooded and cynic as Snake.

Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:43 PM   #51
Vulcan Raven
Spiritual Shaman

Vulcan Raven is on a distinguished road
Critisism on Raiden

[QUOTE]Not exactly directed at you, you just reminded me of all people who criticize Raiden just because he's not as cold-blooded and cynic as Snake

Well Frozen, like alot of people have said, Raiden at the start was made out to be a sissy boy and says things like: "Rose I Have Killed somebody." When I heard that I thought the same thing, "Sissy Boy,What the F@#k were you thinking kojjima? were you drunk when you did this part of the game???

But as I neared the end of the game, Arsenal Gear, When He was tied up/on the torture thing And Solidus told us/raiden about the civil war days when he was the top of the elite child army in the Civil War. where he eared such names as the 'white Devil' and 'Jack the ripper' after the war he fled from the relief centre and 'so called 'FOXHOUND' (the Patriots)

So if you look Raiden, he DID after all have the codname snake @ the start of the game.

Look Past his girly, long haired Blonde Hair

and THEN yu will see who raiden TRULY is.

Okay, and also i do not own Substance and have SOL.

I bought MGS2 SOL as soon as it came out and now substance is out and I NEED SUBSTANCE!

u think i should sell SOL(its worth nothing now substance is out)

or keep it and just buy Substance (as SOL is on substance..)

what do you guys think??