Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Feb 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #161
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Ive got the demo disc and must say Black does indeed look good. I put $5 down for Omnimusha 4 and they gave me the demo for Black. Dont think i will buy it at first but will do a Blockbuster rent and see what its looking like. Down to the final part of Fatal Frame 3 now, so should be anytime now heh...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:05 PM   #162
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
since i am ps2less at the moment, i have been focusing my time towards the PC. I have finished GUN, GTAan Andreas, like 95% of NFS:Underground 2. I have also dived into FEAR back playing HL2 and my girlfriend currently has me mixed up in a game called Second Life.

I didn't like it at first, but my creative juices are now enjoying the time spent.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #163
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
DMC 3. Yes I know its been out for a while but I just got it a few days ago, its the special edition one. Im having fun so far so its all good.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #164
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Last game I played was X-men Legends. Master Mold was freakishly crazy..... Although I've faced harder characters, he was pretty hard. Especially with all them other crackish sentinels keep on popping up. Don't think I'll play it again though because you have to go through all that levelling up again. (start from 1.... that's a bunch of bullsh*t)

I'm not playing anything at the moment.... Don't have any new games and I haven't been to block busters.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #165
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I've been holding off on this one, for about 2 months. Finally got around to it, and i'm currently about 30 hours in. The verdict so far..

It feels like some old school RPGing, I'm talking back to the basics..random battles and turned based action galore! This isn't Fable, it isn't KoTOR..it's back to the fundamentals, and it feels great.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #166
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
King of fighters 2002

Great fighting engine(as always) better graphics this is about the best it can get with the old arcadeboard they use. I like the striker thing being dropped and old school 3 vs 3 returned. I'm glad Joe Higashi is (still) in it, I like the overall cast. Move execution(input) seems a bit tighter than 2001, but still easy to pull off in heated battle(allthough some getting used to after 2001). Overall great game, if you're into 2-d get this!

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 03:37 AM   #167
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Ah well I'm currently playing the demo version of "Okami" (Great God) on the OPM demo disc. It's such a unique and innovative game! I would've never thought of a concept of using a calligraphy brush to cut objects, paint bridges/rivers, and destroy your enemies. I love it so much so far and I can't wait until the finished version.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 14th, 2006 at 03:39 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #168
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Ah well I'm currently playing the demo version of "Okami" (Great God) on the OPM demo disc. It's such a unique and innovative game! I would've never thought of a concept of using a calligraphy brush to cut objects, paint bridges/rivers, and destroy your enemies. I love it so much so far and I can't wait until the finished version.
crap theirs already a demo out, im gonna have to get that, this game is one of my anticipated game this year.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #169
Phenom

Agreed.

I'm playing Prince of Persia (the 1st one) at the moment. I like it but it's pissing me off....
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #170
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
crap theirs already a demo out, im gonna have to get that, this game is one of my anticipated game this year.
If you do get your hands on the demo, beware: the stupid thing has a time-out session, so if you leave the game idle for, oh, a second, it'll take you back to the main page. That's why I had to play the demo a bunch of times, just to get through everything and I still don't think I've covered it all.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Mar 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #171
Phenom

Maybe it's just me.

Right now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts. (Big talk in the gaming community I suppose?) But right now it's another one of these games that I feel it's been overhyped. Maybe I'm not giving this game a fair chance because I'm only in wonderland. But at the moment, I am not feeling this game at all. It's like it's trying too hard to be Zelda so to speak. These controls.... meh, still trying to get use to this camera toggling.

Maybe it's too early for me to judge, so I'm going to continue playing for a little bit more. But personally.... I don't see what's so good about this game. (Maybe I have bad taste in games or something. I'm also starting to lose interest in videogames.... maybe that's it? *shrugs*)
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #172
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare
Right now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts. (Big talk in the gaming community I suppose?) But right now it's another one of these games that I feel it's been overhyped. Maybe I'm not giving this game a fair chance because I'm only in wonderland. But at the moment, I am not feeling this game at all. It's like it's trying too hard to be Zelda so to speak. These controls.... meh, still trying to get use to this camera toggling.

Maybe it's too early for me to judge, so I'm going to continue playing for a little bit more. But personally.... I don't see what's so good about this game. (Maybe I have bad taste in games or something. I'm also starting to lose interest in videogames.... maybe that's it? *shrugs*)
You're not alone. "Kingdom Hearts" is one of those games that you either love or hate. If you suspect that you don't like it from the beginning, you probably won't like it in the end...at least that's what some people say.

Perhaps the game is a bit overhyped probably because the shocking realization that Disney and FF characters can and do mix well. While this may be it, I personally love the game to pieces. The story is wonderful...I especially love the important focus on the meaning and word "promise." The game made that word so much more powerful and meaningful that I get chills when I think of it. The game is just meaningful overall...near the end, there is such a cliched scene (
Spoiler: show
When Sora is shutting the door on Riku and Mickey
) that you'd think any gamer would just roll their eyes...yet, I couldn't help but feel such sorrow seeing it because of the silent meaningfulness of it.

There's also a real sense of purpose in the game - you really feel like a true hero trying to destroy evil. I know RPGs can make you feel this way, but "KH" is much shorter than RPGs and doesn't have many sidequests, so I can focus much better. Also, the characters have a really wonderful chemistry between them...Sora, Donald, and Goofy are so likeable. I loved how SquareEnix was able to give Donald, Goofy, and Mickey some dimension in their personalities; their cartoon personalities are so unlikeable sometimes and so 2-dimensional. But in the game, they feel real.

Overall the game is great, it made me laugh, cry, and cry some more. You should play a little further into the game and then determine if you really like it or hate it.

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 20th, 2006 at 03:42 AM..
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 02:10 AM   #173
Berserker
misfit

Playing Battlefront 2 at the moment, must say stunning visuals on this one! Possibly the best graphics I've seen on the ps2 so far, especially the second level in that "Rise of the empire" mission with all the beautiful flowers and surreal floating sphores quit mesmerizing indeed.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 10:20 AM   #174
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
currently I am playing silent hill, i guess ever since I saw the movie trailer it made me want to play it again. It was the first game i played on my ps1, so I dont really remember how to do everything in the game which makes it fun. Whenever my parents arent home I play it since i am currently banned from playing for a while. But of course I do have my ways and I take every advantage I get
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #175
Phenom

Alright... so I've decided to play Kingdom Hearts a little more. Currently at Akrabah. (whatever) I'll admit it now. My views have changed substancially, but I'm still not hyped over the game like everyone else were. It's not Zelda or Ninja Gaiden, but it's no slouch either. (It's pretty fun for a genre that I don't care much for. It makes me want to play FFVIII again that's for sure.)

Main parts that're getting on my nerves is the Coliseium (sp?) where you choose to be timed. (Is that mandatory?) And the crackish mini game in the deep forest where you're collecting fruit.

Uhh... other than that.... this could possibly keep me occupied for a while.
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #176
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Just beat Metal Gear yesterday. Going to start Snake's Revenge soon. In the middle of Ac!d 2 currently, waiting on Elder Scoll's Oblivion to come in the mail from gamefly, and then KH2 when it comes out. Not to mention WoW takes up a lot of my time..
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #177
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Just beat Metal Gear yesterday. Going to start Snake's Revenge soon. In the middle of Ac!d 2 currently, waiting on Elder Scoll's Oblivion to come in the mail from gamefly, and then KH2 when it comes out. Not to mention WoW takes up a lot of my time..
hows Ac!d 2 Tt, is it much better than the first ?

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #178
debs

debs is on a distinguished road
silent hill 2

heyas im playin silent hill 2 and im stuck tryin 2 get the last coin so i can open a locker 2 get a key .i also cant find out what i have 2 do with the rubbish caught in the rubbish chute if anyone could help id be cause me head is wrecked over it.
debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #179
debs

debs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debs
heyas im playin silent hill 2 and im stuck tryin 2 get the last coin so i can open a locker 2 get a key .i also cant find out what i have 2 do with the rubbish caught in the rubbish chute if anyone could help id be cause me head is wrecked over it.
its in the apartments
debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #180
Berserker
misfit

Spoiler: show
You need to drop something heavy through the rubbish chute in order for it to drop down, if memory serves me correct it's some sixpack or bottle.

Vincere Aut Mori