Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #1
rpgKing
Banned Member

rpgKing is on a distinguished road
Final fantasy 11

One question who thinks that ffXI should have an offline game also for people who like playing by themselfs.
rpgKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #2
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I'll second that!
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #3
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Being FFXI the first FF online game, it would be kinda pointless to make it playable offline as well. FFXI will be kinda different from other FF games, so I think there are many other good RPGs to play if you don't want an online one. It doesn't necessarily have to be Final Fantasy, you know...
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #4
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
And FFXII will be offline though, I think two seperate teams are in place for each prject so there wont be too huge a gap between the release dates.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0
And FFXII will be offline though, I think two seperate teams are in place for each prject so there wont be too huge a gap between the release dates.
In our countries perhaps... but FF11 has been out in Japan since last May, and FF12 isn't out for a long time either.

As for FFXI being an offline game... It simply would not work. There is so much development time poured into the offline game anyway, without a whole team having to re-do it to make a strong story led FMV full epic. Besides, as i've said its already finished anyway.

What I think would be a better idea, is if people would finally except that this game will never be a single player game, and that they attempt to enjoy what they are getting for once
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #6
David
Need a Bouncer?

David is on a distinguished road
Why not? It's an excellent idea to make an online FF game. I say it's worth playing it, if your a excellent FF fan. Sharing an online world with someone, is amazing, because you get to make actual foes, friends, or even maybe a online girl/boyfriend?

You get to do limit skills, learn magic, and ride chocobos, need a license to ride a chocobo. You can be anything you want in this world, say a theif/dark knight/paladin/warrior/red mage/white mage/ black mage/bard/monk/ranger/ and more. You can be a loner, team player, protector, or what ever you like to do, for me, I would be a loner most of the time. The best part of it, is sometihng new happens, each time you play it.

Their are also holidays. I say a 10/10 for this game, but don't take my opinion, im just giving what I think about it.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #7
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by David
You can be a loner
hmmz... i've actually heard that those who go it alone die. which is a bummer. I reckon i'll play it by meeting new people, hanging with them a while, and going off... thats sort of being a loner, as you're your own boss...
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 04:38 PM   #8
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

hmmz... i've actually heard that those who go it alone die. which is a bummer. I reckon i'll play it by meeting new people, hanging with them a while, and going off... thats sort of being a loner, as you're your own boss...
You bet. I'm also a team player too, I like being the leader, no offence. Even if I bring my allies to a lost state.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #9
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Anyway, I think this is a great game even if it is only online. Maybe they'll someday make a FF game that is both on and offline without it being that you need to get online to get the really good stuff.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:27 AM   #10
rpgKing
Banned Member

rpgKing is on a distinguished road
Im sorry I mean hate me if you will but Im a huge final fantasy fan. But Im not willing to pay like $20 a month to play the stupid thing. Thats why an offline would be more sutible. Plus I have no one online to play anyway.
rpgKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by rpgKing
Im sorry I mean hate me if you will but Im a huge final fantasy fan. But Im not willing to pay like $20 a month to play the stupid thing. Thats why an offline would be more sutible. Plus I have no one online to play anyway.
Its ok to have an opinion of course... $20 is certainly not what i've heard though, I've heard it closer to about $8 which is reasonable to me (but then $20 is only £12 in UK money, and I get £50 a month anyway)... also, you do realise that you don't have to invite people to play with you, and that there will be a few thousand people playing the game at a time for you to meet up with? (think about it like a massive version of this forum, where you can form a fighting party with anyone of the faceless people you don't really know on here ^_^)
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:14 PM   #12
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
You may know (by my rage against bt) that I have 65k and can't get Broadband, at least not for a few years (proabably never)

Can I Run FFXII at a speed which wont bother me or any other guys online?
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #13
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by mark0
Can I Run FFXI at a speed which wont bother me or any other guys online?
the effect on other people is almost zero given that your interactions with them do not involve any combat against them. Its more of a case of whether you can stomach the lag... ISDN is really not so terrible though, especially as FFXI is:
1. an MMORPG, where lag is not commonly such a problem, even in combat, when compared to the rather hectic FPS genres.
2. Powered by a number of pretty hefty machines which are paid for by your monthly fee.

and just as a final note, I play, and occasionally do well on FPS games. I have a 28k connection. Go Figure
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:42 PM   #14
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:

Its ok to have an opinion of course... $20 is certainly not what i've heard though, I've heard it closer to about $8 which is reasonable to me (but then $20 is only £12 in UK money, and I get £50 a month anyway)... also, you do realise that you don't have to invite people to play with you, and that there will be a few thousand people playing the game at a time for you to meet up with? (think about it like a massive version of this forum, where you can form a fighting party with anyone of the faceless people you don't really know on here ^_^)
I couldn't say it any better myself. But for once, who doesn't want a online version? I always wanted to play with people on FF. But it's only 1 player, still is, but online.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #15
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
I couldn't say it any better myself. But for once, who doesn't want a online version? I always wanted to play with people on FF. But it's only 1 player, still is, but online.
what I think would be an interesting feature in a later FF would be the ability to have some sort of co-operative game, wherein, everyone could play as their own character in the adventure... the characters could be customisable, but certain story benefits must be fufilled to keep the story in there - for instance, one play must be designated as a "love interest", perhaps by somthing obscure like a numbering system. The big advantage with a game like that would be that you wouldn't have to play it co-operatively - you could just get the computer to make pre-defined players that you can control.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:02 PM   #16
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:

what I think would be an interesting feature in a later FF would be the ability to have some sort of co-operative game, wherein, everyone could play as their own character in the adventure... the characters could be customisable, but certain story benefits must be fufilled to keep the story in there - for instance, one play must be designated as a "love interest", perhaps by somthing obscure like a numbering system. The big advantage with a game like that would be that you wouldn't have to play it co-operatively - you could just get the computer to make pre-defined players that you can control.
Hmmm... Not bad, not bad at all, it would work, but how about if you don't like that character, of the love interest who you been selected with.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #17
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Hmmm... Not bad, not bad at all, it would work, but how about if you don't like that character, of the love interest who you been selected with.
Perhaps... the love interest idea was only really an example, but perhaps you could be made to designate or even vote on a character for some of the more major plot elements... But some of the "suprises" should be random, for stuffs even like party deaths
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #18
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:

Perhaps... the love interest idea was only really an example, but perhaps you could be made to designate or even vote on a character for some of the more major plot elements... But some of the "suprises" should be random, for stuffs even like party deaths
Tell you the truth, when you are with a party, in FFXI, your party kills a monster, then a item screen will pop up. They give each membetr, who decided to fight in the battle, to choose 1 item, if some people choosed the same item, then there would be a random decision, with the game. Cool huh?
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #19
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Yeah that does sound cool. Now I feel an even stronger will to play FFXI. Well, I won't be bored for very long because I expect in about a week or so I will have finally purchased a GBA game.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #20
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Yeah that does sound cool. Now I feel an even stronger will to play FFXI. Well, I won't be bored for very long because I expect in about a week or so I will have finally purchased a GBA game.
That's good to hear that you agree with me, and believe me. I'm so happy. It's true thou, because I was looking at the livecam, and I saw a group killing a strong monster, and it took 10 seconds to put their weopon away after they slayed the monster. I also know it's true what I read, is because all of them, puted their weopon away at the same time.