Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #21
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
I'm really wanting it now. Artist, any ideas on how much the modem/hardrive is gonna cost us when it finally gets to the UK?

Ooh, and another thing kinda off topic, which games are there for the GBA, i really love Handheld RPG's, cant wait for Golden Sun 2!
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #22
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
I really want FF11. It looks so cool. I tried EQ and it wasn't that good. I hope FF11 is better. I dont think my parents would pay the monthy fee, and i dont even have a network adapter yet. I hope 2 get one soon, then i'll see if i can get FF11.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:48 AM   #23
David
Need a Bouncer?

David is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

I'm really wanting it now. Artist, any ideas on how much the modem/hardrive is gonna cost us when it finally gets to the UK?

Ooh, and another thing kinda off topic, which games are there for the GBA, i really love Handheld RPG's, cant wait for Golden Sun 2!
They decided to put the HDD about US$50-70, I don't know how to till you that in UK money, you will have to wait for Artist, to caculate that.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #24
rpgKing
Banned Member

rpgKing is on a distinguished road
What are you thinking the_artist. No more online final fantasys. Maybe you can afford it but what about us people who can get a job anywhere. One online ff is enough. Plus I want to try to collect them all.
rpgKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #25
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by rpgKing
What are you thinking the_artist. No more online final fantasys. Maybe you can afford it but what about us people who can get a job anywhere. One online ff is enough. Plus I want to try to collect them all.
the really strange thing about FFXI is that in a few years, it'll be impossible to go back to. Don't think that people will be playing FFXI forever, because they'll still move on from the game in the same way they would with a single player game, only with the added problem that they'll probably be no servers to play it on. Because everyone will likely move onto a Second online FF anyway.

As for payment costs, I Think of them like a magazine subscription. about £7 is about as much as I'd have to pay if I wanted a top-name PC magazine in this country per month, and thats not really going to dent my pocket-money too bad (£50 - I do feel your pain for the job thing, as I have no job either ^_^)

- now, 1 dollar is £0.61 (I had to check recently - I may finally be getting FF Tactics and Threads Of Fate ^_^) so taking Dave's figures, thats £30.50 -> £42.50 for the Hard Drive, which sounds pretty damned nice to me (unless my maths is even worse than I think it is ) but to be perfectly honest, I'm not holding my breath for a European release... at best we'll see it about Christmas time, but more likely in 2004 or never. thats mostly why I'm planning on getting the PC version, but for quite a few people, thats definatly not going to be a valid idea
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM   #26
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

the really strange thing about FFXI is that in a few years, it'll be impossible to go back to. Don't think that people will be playing FFXI forever, because they'll still move on from the game in the same way they would with a single player game, only with the added problem that they'll probably be no servers to play it on. Because everyone will likely move onto a Second online FF anyway.

As for payment costs, I Think of them like a magazine subscription. about £7 is about as much as I'd have to pay if I wanted a top-name PC magazine in this country per month, and thats not really going to dent my pocket-money too bad (£50 - I do feel your pain for the job thing, as I have no job either ^_^)

- now, 1 dollar is £0.61 (I had to check recently - I may finally be getting FF Tactics and Threads Of Fate ^_^) so taking Dave's figures, thats £30.50 -> £42.50 for the Hard Drive, which sounds pretty damned nice to me (unless my maths is even worse than I think it is ) but to be perfectly honest, I'm not holding my breath for a European release... at best we'll see it about Christmas time, but more likely in 2004 or never. thats mostly why I'm planning on getting the PC version, but for quite a few people, thats definatly not going to be a valid idea
Come on Artist. Think of EQ online adventures for PC. It' been out for quite a while. Besides, the game will get new expansion abilities, to make the game last forever. I say it should last for a while. Plus, the game is to experienc playing online with people. And you guys should get the game as fair as we do. If only Squarenex decided to make the game at same languages at the same time. It would be better, and faster, do you agree?
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #27
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by rpgKing

Now, now. Don't be hasty, you never know if you could afford it, but people have different likings. Like I said, I always wanted to play with people with FF games, but they are only one player games, still is, but you can team up, by online, I just want to experience it.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #28
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Come on Artist. Think of EQ online adventures for PC. It' been out for quite a while. Besides, the game will get new expansion abilities, to make the game last forever. I say it should last for a while. Plus, the game is to experienc playing online with people. And you guys should get the game as fair as we do. If only Squarenex decided to make the game at same languages at the same time. It would be better, and faster, do you agree?
FFXI will only be strong for as long as it takes Square to make an online sequel (ie. few people would play two FF MMORPGS at once - or afford them). after that, sure people will play it, but my point is more that, unlike people who're still picking up Final Fantasy 1 and having a good game, FF11 will be impossible to go back to 10 years time, because you'd have to organize some kind of mass exodus to the damned thing to make it worth while - Its a game that only works so long as the "Massive" participation part is fufilled.

But as i've put that under "an interesting point" its not somthing thats really going to be a problem. If anything, its proof that you're not going to have forever to experience what FFXI has, good or bad, so you best all start saving or somthing
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:50 AM   #29
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

FFXI will only be strong for as long as it takes Square to make an online sequel (ie. few people would play two FF MMORPGS at once - or afford them). after that, sure people will play it, but my point is more that, unlike people who're still picking up Final Fantasy 1 and having a good game, FF11 will be impossible to go back to 10 years time, because you'd have to organize some kind of mass exodus to the damned thing to make it worth while - Its a game that only works so long as the "Massive" participation part is fufilled.

But as i've put that under "an interesting point" its not somthing thats really going to be a problem. If anything, its proof that you're not going to have forever to experience what FFXI has, good or bad, so you best all start saving or somthing
OK, I see your point. It is very interesting, but is it true that there are game cards for FFXI, I can't seem to figure it out?
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #30
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlito

Being FFXI the first FF online game, it would be kinda pointless to make it playable offline as well. FFXI will be kinda different from other FF games, so I think there are many other good RPGs to play if you don't want an online one. It doesn't necessarily have to be Final Fantasy, you know...
I agree.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #31
rpgKing
Banned Member

ya thats true but final fantasy is such a great series why put it online where only half the people who can play the game would by it. Man i need a job so I can get the thing.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #32
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
but is it true that there are game cards for FFXI, I can't seem to figure it out?
hmm... I'm not totally sure what you mean by "game cards", but I will say that Tetra Master (FFIX's Card Game) is playable over Square's playonline infastracture. Its the same premise as FFIX's card game, except that you'll challenge other online players and try to win their cards. As far as I know, there is sadly no system where you could walk up to a player in FF11 and ask them to play cards with you, except if you suggested it by actually talking to them.

Tetra Master costs only a measly ammount of Yen in Japan, and is reportadly about the rate for creating a second FF11 character... perhaps about an extra dollar per month.

Edit: and FFXI is a very good idea for Square for three reasons.

1. They desperately need to expand their series into unknown territory, when so many people are becoming a little tired of very similar games.
2. "Half of their potential market" is still a very, very, very big slice of corperate pie. FF is extremely mainstream, and they therefore have a big assurance that people will buy their product. If word catches on that they've created somthing special, many people will try especially hard to miss them... not that square would be missing them anyway.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:15 AM   #33
David
Need a Bouncer?

I like to play a game of card's with you on FFXI, it would be cool. But what I meant for game cards, was that it is like a credit card.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 11:13 AM   #34
rpgKing
Banned Member

ya another card game would be nice. as long as if they dont make up another sport. I mean blitzball was great. But I think The card games are awsome.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #35
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the card games are better.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 02:30 PM   #36
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
I like to play a game of card's with you on FFXI, it would be cool. But what I meant for game cards, was that it is like a credit card.
oh right! yeah, I know what you mean right now... close to FFXI's release in Japan, Square, in colaberation with a Credit Card company, made Credit cards with the FFXI logo on them... Don't expect the same over here, but i'll see If i can dig up anything about them...

edit:https://www.fantasygamer.net/ffxi/9'2'2002.shtml

as mentioned there is no plans for a Japanese release, even if they supposedly have teeny tiny benefits for the user...
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:57 PM   #37
David
Need a Bouncer?

Hmmm... Sounds interesting.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 01:28 PM   #38
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I would love to get discounts on FF mercahendise even though I haven't bought any.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #39
David
Need a Bouncer?

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Yeah, I would love to get discounts on FF mercahendise even though I haven't bought any.
I want the ring of Squall, it would fit me perfectly for it's cool lion design.