Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:53 PM   #1
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry Awkward Moments.

I guess this is more likely to happen when you're " new " to gaming and stuff.

But yeah, thinking back; what was the most comical/dumb/memoral or dissapointing experience you've had while playing a game ?

Something I can never forget is how my brother would tease... I mean, terrorise me with Mario Kart .
It was MK for the SNes and there was this level where you raced atop this road that looked like a rainbow. However, the road was the only thing bright; everything else was all dark and everything. Well, omg, I was soooo scared of the song in that particular level.
I was really young back then, too. I don't remember how old exactly, but I'm guessing I was 8 or younger.
But yeah, I would always be mortified when that level came up. I'd be so scared !! Needless to say, my brother used that to make me cry

Yep... that's one of the most "touching" gaming experiences I've ever had... er, I was such a tart.

Yours ?
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:08 PM   #2
AudioBoxer
Banned Member

AudioBoxer is on a distinguished road
LOL! Are you still scared?

When I was little I was always scared of Mario, not mario a part in the game, Always when I faught Bowser I would almost shit my pants! I was sooo frikin scared of him! Then I went to a gaming store with my bro, I was like 5-6 one of those, where were in the store and they had like mascot kinda guys for all the mario characters there, I remeber seeing Bowser, 1st I pissed my pants then I ran over there and kick the living shit outa the poor guy in the suit, My bro was laughing soooooo hard, It was embarassing I gues!
AudioBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:32 PM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I remember palying videogames with my mom. It was a terrible experience, because she is much better than me, especially with some games. And when I was younger, we used to play together sometimes, and while I was playing she used to say "Oh, no, don't do this... go there, pick up that item" etc etc... She just couldn't shut up and that was really unnerving!
Then, when it was her turn playing, I really couldn't say anything because she was better than me and... ovbiously she completed many times games I wanted to play all alone for my own pleasure >__<

I'm not playing with her anymore!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:51 PM   #4
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Now that I recall, I remembered a very embarassing phase of my gaming life about 5 or 6 years ago.

*Flashback*
When my brother just bought a SNES, he also got Secret of Mana along with it. So, I reluctantly played and enjoyed the game very much. But whenever I reached a boss fight, I was scared shitless! Instead, I would run to my brother and tell him to defeat the monster for me. To my unfortunate luck, he always said "No". It would always take me some time to stand up to the digital pixels and fight it for myself.

And it was even worse when I started Final Fantasy III. I mean come on, those were pretty big enemies! It was then that I avoided RPGs for quite some time.
*End*

Don't really know when this "Boss Fighting-Phobia" finally ended, but by the time FF7 came out, I was ready to kick some major ass after all those years of horror!
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:28 AM   #5
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Even though I was 12...The Dracula boss fight in Super Castlevania IV freaked me out. I'd get all nervous and start shaking (which was the only way you could have a vibration function back then) and almost hyperventilating...took me forever to beat that game that way.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:33 AM   #6
Darkness 4 Hire
Hero of Darkness

Darkness 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
.....................................I was scared of Ganon in Legend of Zelda!! Looked like a big mean dog! Then there was me(Little Mac) vs Mike Tyson! Which scared me more!
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:27 AM   #7
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Indeed, I sued to suffer a lot from that "boss fear" in mostly every game. But I think that mostly any gamer suffers from it, specially when a beginner. However, I don't remember being "afraid" of any monster in particular... although I remember that the very first time I played silent Hill for PS, it scared the hell out of me, it really made me nervous and crap

But I just remmebered something sooo hilarious......

Many years ago, when i had a NES, I had certain baseball game, which name I really don't remember. Well, I used to play that game with my dad, since the only videogames that ever interested him were sports games. So, I used to play this game with him... but not for very long. all started ever since I began to beat the hell out of him in the game.... in a given moment, it was my turn at the bat. My batter, was someone under tha last name of "banks". As soon as he appeared, my dad said " whoa, that Banks is quite a good batter" well, he pitched the ball, and as soon a I batted with Banks, I made a Home Run there's when it all began. Later on, I acquired more experience on the game. The more we played, the harder I kicked his arse. it just got to the point that, it first began with laughs from that first homerun with "banks" but then alter on, my dad would get all serious, and then pissed.... later on, he would curse, then curse out loud, and finally he began to throw the controller to the floor, with wrath. The last thing that happened, was that he threw the controller at me He sweared he would neve play a videogame against me

Years laer, whenever I got a Playstation, he would play some of the Fifa games with me, but he lost interest quickly since he was unable to beat his invincible son. lol

P.S. It took me quite a long while to post this. I had to stop typing several times because I could not stop laughing so much just remembering this stuff. I'm laughing hard by the time I'm posting his.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 02:26 PM   #8
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Eh I started playing v-games later in life so I never got to experience those good ol childhood v-game moments...