Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Mar 27th, 2004, 12:17 AM   #1
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
mog Odd things- stories

Do you often get happy by odd things? Gotta story?

Like I dunno.. I was in physics class right.. and there was this disc on the floor that spins and u step on it and you are given these two weights, that remind me of a like steel, in the middle of a weird empty thread thing or yoyo--> ) ( and u are given a lil push... When you bring them closer to your body you spin faster and when you extend your arms you slow down.. It's like an immediate thing.. It made me so happy.. When I got off I was still spinning and I ran down the hall cause the bell rang..for fun.

Yeah I get happy by Soy chips.. I dunno why.. o and SOBE.. but I am all around happier that it's Spring.

I like the idea of sleeping during spring with that cool breeze coming in from my window.. the white sheer drapes floating in it.. the blue sky revealed and bright.. the little birdies chirping.. it's fun to look at. Well that's not very odd but you get the picture.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had

Last edited by Lost_myth; Mar 27th, 2004 at 12:19 AM..
Lost_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 05:44 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Well, I don't know if you'd consider my things odd, more like "the little stuff of life", but:

I love the smell of rain before and after. I basically love rain in general. It always makes me relaxed and everything just seems "fresh". I also like the smell of "winter" or the fall season, but that brings up images such as school, so it doesn't make me too pleased.

I really enjoy looking at Spring scenery, especially when the leaves are starting to turn green again. I love the spring green color, so this makes me very happy too. And like Lost_myth said, I also love the Spring blue sky I see when I wake up in the morning. Around noon/mid-day, I especially love the sun around that time because it's so calming and quiet...and it has that sephia-tone (at least in my bedroom) which is beautiful.

I get happy when eating my favorite sushi (salmon, though it's dangerous to eat salmon now apparently ) or any of the Japanese sweets/foods (strawberry shortcake, green tea cake, tonkatsu, etc.). It's especially great when I pair it with a nice cup of rose tea.

Ah, that's about it.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #3
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

mog

Now what exactly is rose tea?

No 2morrow No 2morrow
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #4
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Lost_myth

I think she means rose flavored tea...
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #5
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
roses have flavour?
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 01:04 AM   #6
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Ever notice you're having a nice good stare into space and somebody comes over and has to try and figure out what you're looking at? They either look in the direction you are staring or they (worse) ask you what you are looking at. Then, of course, you have to tell them "something beyond your comprehension." At that point they are probably thinking you are speaking in riddles which makes a great private inside joke for yourself to laugh at for many years to come. So, I guess some good can come out of it...

One thing that random thing that makes me happy obviously is private little inside jokes that I have with myself that nobody else would get, which makes them all that much more humorous...great for making yourself smile when you are down.

And rose tea I think I may have had before, but I'm not sure. I don't know if it actually tasted like roses, but if you heat something up like that the herbal qualities of it come out along with the aroma which is half the taste of a lot of things, anyway.

That reminds me... quiero tinto! *sip* Under the colombian sun... in a hammock... watching paradise swing by in the arm afternoon. Head filled with aromas of nature and the farm...
Then the old dirt winding roads thru the andes. Green everywhere. People living at impossible angles on steep hills above and below you...surrounded by the forest and green. Children at play nearby. As simple as it gets... the south american breeze...as fresh as it gets...sigh.....

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; Mar 29th, 2004 at 01:09 AM..
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 05:20 AM   #7
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

mog

Sometimes I hear these noises, deep, loud err err err err like there is a giant tube somewhere swinging back and forth back and forth... but no one else hears it, especially when I am the only one up.

I have those dreams where when you wake up you are still dreaming or think it really happened... like I'll be like *sigh* that was a great Friday but then I realize it's to good to be true and go DAMN! I'll have like an extra doorway or closet somewhere in my house and will really think it's there so when I want to use it I walk into the wall.. heh.

I'm not afriad of the dark but weird things will freak me out. I might think that there are alligators under my bed. haha. I might think the TV is going to eat me or something if I don't go to bed at a certain time after the light goes off.

When my eyes adjust to the light I see this weird wavey things, but I'm not afraid of it. I think they just are masked spirits or I play around and try to make things out of it. Like dude it will be completely pitch dark, darker than outside could ever be.. like ya know when you are up north in the woods.. walking through them alone dark...btw that is so scary. I am not really afraid of monsters unless they are people. People oh my, I'm not afraid to get shot but I sure as hell don't wanna be tortured...mm hmm.

I may like Dr. Lector but if I saw Jason I would definately pee my pants lol. Although, he isn't very scary in the movies. I just sit there and laugh.. my mom thought House of a 1000 corpses was sick and twisted and she only watched 5 minutes of it. whereas I think it's the greatest movie and I just laugh my ass off.. FISH BOY!

---I can totally relate with that staring thing except I done tell them. I just give them the crazy eye and they sort of just walk away. Mm I thought rose tea had just weird herbs in it and like honey.. of course I think it is warm tea. But I really don't like anything "hot" I'd prefer cold tea and cold spaghetti. My mom thinks they're worms ahahhaha...

No 2morrow No 2morrow

Last edited by Lost_myth; Mar 29th, 2004 at 05:27 AM..
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 06:01 AM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost_myth

Oh, I'm sorry for not explaining. Yes, as Hylas said, it's tea brewed from real rose petals. It's a really delicious flavor/taste, but it's only good if you like drinking tea and don't get too sick from floral scents/tastes.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 06:02 AM   #9
007_JamesBond
Angel of Darkness

007_JamesBond is on a distinguished road
iget happy at odd things all the time, they help keep me sane here lol

victory comes to those who want it the most

i am only mearly surviving
007_JamesBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #10
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I like so many things... the odd aspect is that I can start hating what I like all of a sudden.

In general I like the smell of the upcoming season, before you can actually see changes in natural elements around you. I like watching a cat's movements, in the grass, behind a door, under a bed, inside a box. I like the act of giving, though it's very hard for me sometimes to be able to give especially when I'm close to someone, especially when it's not material objects. I like glass, as it breaks or shines, and touching sharp things. I like knowing I will have nothing to worry about the day after. I like sleeping when I'm exhausted, and losing conscience without struggling. I like possession, but I know it's very negative, because it always brings arrogance and envy and dissatisfaction, which are all emotions I can't control. I like painting nails, having a new piercing, using eyeliner and collecting sunglasses of many colours. I like spying other people's lives, not as a pervert but with the genuine curiosity you can feel when you're young and still have to learn how the world works. And be amazed and surprised and be enlightened and feel I'm one with the world's most archetypal laws. I like sharing points of view and emotions and desires when I feel I can be understood. I like blank paper and the smell of it, though it scares me as well thinking that paper is made to be filled. I like remembrance, but I often avoid it for I'm afraid of sensing too much, so much that I could break and fall on the floor in a thousand bits and pieces that could easily be picked up and thrown away in a trash can.

Many things make me happy and then thinking more deeply about them they make me sad, to the point I can cry and be hopelessly desperate.

Beauty is one of these things. Every epiphany that shows beauty in any of its forms leaves me satisfied for some time, then it brings waves of sadness.

You can avoid what makes you happy with all your strenght, because you're always afraid it could make you really unhappy as well. But the fact is you can feel the strangest attraction for unhappiness when it becomes a usual state of mind. To the point it's like living with a younger sister: you feed her and take care of her for years, hating her sometimes, wanting to kill her, thinking about strangling her while she's asleep, not really understanding why you're still with her after all that time. One day you think what your life would be like without her and you see an empty space in the middle of your existance. You can't say what's missing, but something's definitely missing in the picture. So you keep on holding on to her little wrist, hoping she won't cut her hand off, still angry for your dependant attitude and weakness.

Ah, paranoia paranoia.... I don't know what I'm talking about.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #11
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Panuru

I like so many things... the odd aspect is that I can start hating what I like all of a sudden.
You sound like my sister.

Quote:
Many things make me happy and then thinking more deeply about them they make me sad, to the point I can cry and be hopelessly desperate.

Beauty is one of these things. Every epiphany that shows beauty in any of its forms leaves me satisfied for some time, then it brings waves of sadness.
I'm like that sometimes as well. Which is why I try not to think too much on whatever it is that makes me happy...because I can become very sad and then a whole bunch of my other worries flood into my mind and then I become anxious and stressed/depressed.

As for the beauty thing, somehow I'm kinda like that as well...but I'm more materialistic...which may be hypocritical. In objects, when it's beautiful I go insane for it...especially when it comes to anime/manga, because in those, the drawings are so beautiful (depending on my tastes) and I get attached and addicted to them and go "insane" over it, but then become sad sometimes. And for "beauty within people" (kindness, attitude, personality, etc.) whenever I come across the rare people who are so kind, I get very sad because it seems they are just too good to be true. But, it depends on how they act...if they're fake, it's easy to tell and very annoying.

Quote:
You can avoid what makes you happy with all your strenght, because you're always afraid it could make you really unhappy as well.
Yes, how true. But I think people who are like that are the ones who are very realistic...they don't want to get caught in something that could change for the worst and crash their hopes and dreams. So, they try to keep their feet on the ground to focus on the realistic aspects of life, so they won't be disappointed. I tend to avoid depressing and happy things because both makes me too sad so I don't know what you call this behavior. But when I was a kid, I was more realistic.

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 30th, 2004 at 07:17 PM..