Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #1
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Homeopathic Medicine: does it work?

I was listening to mom and one of her friends yesterday. The friend is one of these "alternative" persons, always trying "alternative" lifestyles and so on. She started saying she's a follower of homeopathic remedies. My mother said she's skeptical, that if those remedies were really that good we wouldn't be needing so much synthetic crap. Basically the positions were "homeopathic medicine can do anything" vs "if you trust them they can do some good but in general they can't cure anything, we need other kind of remedies".

What's your opinion? Have you ever tried homeopathic products and did they work?
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #2
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I am not sure what the term homeopathic refers to, but I will say something I feel about sythetic drugs and synthetic treatments.

Due to technology, man has become so far removed from nature that we have forgotten that all of the best remedies for our health are natural. There is a plant, vitamin, or nutrient out there in the wild that exists now or has existed that can be used to remedy pretty much anything. It was natures way of keeping us healthy because we come from the Earth and back when we were at harmony with it in a collective sense, these remedies worked very well for us and for the most part have not been able to be replicated by technology.

It is my fear that as long as we keep collevtively moving away from nature as a society due to technology, we are permenantly destroying our natural resources that knew from millions of years of co-evolution a way to heal us, especially when we were kind to it. Nowadays we are so unkind to nature that we are destroying all of these natural resources and thousands and millions of species become extinct every year. Scientists in labs have been trying to synthetically create what nature did for us already because we feel so removed from nature. As we continue to do this, we continue to create a false sense of security about what we can do to help ourselves survive without mother earth. It is my belief that we need her and that nature is home.

So, to make a long story short, I believe in more natural remedies for healing ones self.

_RED_

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #3
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
I see your point. But I don't know if I agree. We've always had natural remedies, but science had to evolve because what nature had to offer wasn't enough. Don't take this in the wrong way. I mean, man's way of life is not natural in a strict sense, so we had to look somewhere else for what we really needed. I think many diseases are not at all natural, as well, so maybe looking for a solution that nature could offer isn't adequate. I think natural remedies are to be used when they can prove their effectiveness, but I wouldn't rely on them only if I had a very serious disease and I would use synthetic meds.
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #4
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Around here homeopathic medicine isn't really alternative anymore, it's a very accepted medicine for a lot of pains/diseases(mostly smaller ones).
Nothing wrong with it IMO. Good stuff for all your

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #5
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Yes, they work. Been using them for years and they work a lot better, and are a lot better for you.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
In general, what's wrong to me is homeopathy is seen as something you can choose yourself without the need of any professional help. Homeopathy CAN work. This doesn't mean it will work in any case. And it's not even true it's safer or healthier to use natural meds than synthetic meds. Of course it is healthier to cure insomnia with herbal infusions than with sleeping pills, but in most cases natural remedies seem so much healthier just because people try them only for bland diseases. Also, the fact Nature produces only things that can be good for your health is a fairy tale. What about natural drugs? What about natural poisons? Some of them are used, in very little amounts, for remedies that are labeled as natural. Some of them are used in synthetic meds as well. They're not exactly "things that can only do good". They can be very bad if you take them carelessly just because you think natural must be ok for health.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 01:21 AM   #7
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
but in most cases natural remedies seem so much healthier just because people try them only for bland diseases.
Fully agreed, but most homeopathic medicine are just for that right? Insomnia, flew, cold, diarrhea, earache, headache, muscle-ache etc.
All the minor things so to speak.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:44 AM   #8
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I tried herbal pills when I suffered from insomnia and they didn't work. I guess most things you buy that are made of natural ingredients are so weak you really need a great dose of faith and desperation to make them work
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote