Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 09:04 PM   #21
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Yeah c'mon Matrix settle down a bit ok?

We're all FF fans here...we all just have different opinions thats all
Old Nov 27th, 2002, 11:19 PM   #22
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
I think the game looks cool. I wanna get it when it comes out. Yuna with guns, thats just sweet.
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 12:10 AM   #23
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
I'm still a bit indifferent about the sequel, but then again, who knows? This game might just turn out to be a surprise hit, putting all those negative comments about it to shame.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 08:10 AM   #24
Black Heart
Mighty Captain

Black Heart is on a distinguished road
Matrix calm down, people may have different opinions, they don't have to say "Whoa! This is so cool! I will get it! I like the weapons!". And btw, it's you who's judging the game by its cover, because having different weapons and costumes and say a game looks good because of it is indeed judging only by the cover.
Black Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 08:19 AM   #25
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Yeah, what's wrong in the fact we're not enthusiastic about this? Do you find it so stupid? There's someone who looks for features like costumes and weapons in a game and someone who likes different things. I frankly don't care if you have thousands of weapons (and BTW, in case you don't know, RPGs always have many different weapons, so what's so innovative in it?). I am a great fan of Final Fantasy series, but I don't like what Squaresoft is doing lately. Am I free to express my disappointment or do I have to praise a videogaming company even if don't like their work just because of the trademark?

S4H, changes are good, but this ain't a real change: why don't they start making other games besides FF if they want to change anything? They're throwing dust in people's eyes : they want to change but in the end they're keeping on making the same old games, apart from the fact they're desperately adding details (like incredibly realistic body details, tiny bikinis, hi-tech designed weaponry, etc...) and features to attract the larger number of players, even people who don't like the older FF games. And well, it's working. This could mean they'll seriously consider this way of acting as the way of making games in the future. But the series doesn't need these useless stuff to be renewed: it's the roots of Final Fantasy that need to be renewed, not Yuna's costumes or Rikku's butt.
This is not a renewal: this is trying to spend less and earn more IMO
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 08:59 AM   #26
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
On one hand I am enthused about FFX-2, on the other I have some concerns.

Firstl it looks like it will continue the excellent graphics of the original. Secondly, I really wanted to know what happens to them afterwards (perhaps even more so than my fave, FF7). If FFX-2 keeps a similar feel to X then I'll be happy.

The costumes don't really faze me too much - after all, Lulu wasn't exactly covered up in one department. Perhaps given that Yuna was subject to a strict religous upbringing, now she is free of that she is expressing her freedom through less restrictive clothes. And to be fair, Rikku wore little clothes in X anyway. Perhaps the climate has got hotter!

The only big concern I have is Yuna using guns. It would seem more appropriate for Rikku to have weapons such as those. I'd prefer Yuna to perhaps use a sword, and thus continue Tidus' legacy.

Ultimately I'm going to reserve judgement until I have the game in my hands. I'm not going to let screenshots and movie trailers put me off.

- S
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 09:06 AM   #27
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Perhaps the climate has got hotter!
This is exactly the kind of comment that leaves me blank... climate hotter? I hope in this case was an ironic comment, but anyways I've read the same kind of explanation several times. It's a videogame, not reality guys... And it's not the Metereological Institute that designed and made the game... hey wake up!
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 09:59 AM   #28
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
i fear that square are moving final fantasy away from its more traditional roots to make more money and trade on the name.

and thats quite sad for me as i'm a fan of all the games pre FF-X.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 10:31 AM   #29
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

The game is already a trademark. Renewing a gaming series like FF would mean either destroy it or completely restart the way FF games made. Adjustements like the ones they're making at this moment won't work. Or maybe, this kind of adjustements will work for people who will buy anything with the logo "Final Fantasy" on it, but not for the others. That's why I said it would be better for Square to leave FF alone (since it's supposed to be a game that somewhat should respect its own traditions) and move to another kind of RPG game. But no, since it's a trademark, they wouldn't earn as much money as with a FF game with a non-FF series, at least not at this moment that FF is the best selling RPG series among all.
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 12:05 PM   #30
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Eh I suppose we all have our own opinions...me...I'm going to judge the game after its out...

I like Spank's views though...especially giving Yuna a sword and Rikku the guns
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 12:15 PM   #31
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune

This is exactly the kind of comment that leaves me blank... climate hotter? I hope in this case was an ironic comment, but anyways I've read the same kind of explanation several times. It's a videogame, not reality guys... And it's not the Metereological Institute that designed and made the game... hey wake up!
Trust me - I meant that comment sarcastically. Although it would not suprise me to see something like, 'it's 5 years since the events of X-1 and Spira's climate is hotter.... yadda yadda' as the game intro. Some game developers will do anything to justify a bit of T&A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Faile

i fear that square are moving final fantasy away from its more traditional roots to make more money and trade on the name.

and thats quite sad for me as i'm a fan of all the games pre FF-X.
To be fair, I woudn't say FFX (or X-2 for that matter) is the first to move away from it's traditional roots. I'd be tempted to say FFVII was the first. I mean previously it was very much 'traditional' fantasy, whereas VII introduced a more cyber-punk feel. Then we had VIII that introduced more realistic character renders to the series, rather than the previous manga style. I see X simply as an evolution of the PS1 titles.

But I do agree that Square must be careful that they don't cheapen the Final Fantasy name with too many cheap spin-offs.

I take it you didn't like FFX then Faile? I must admit I was apprehensive about it at first, but now it's one of my favourites along with VI and VII. It certainly was different to previous FF's - but still felt like an FF game to me.

It would seem we're quite a fickle and picky bunch us FF fans. We moan that each FF is too similar - and then we moan when they try to change things. I'm sure Square must despair (hey! that rhymes!) sometimes. I remember my first reaction to VIII - I thought it looked more like a point and click adventure!

- S
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 05:05 PM   #32
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

^ Very good points
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 05:37 PM   #33
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
i just feel after FFIX had the feel of the FF games I > VII, X moved the series away from some aspects i enjoyed.

but yes, we must wait and see
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 09:09 PM   #34
Matrix
The Messiah

Matrix is on a distinguished road
sorry everyone just got a little carried away.....and just to finish this off ............barrata when did I ever state the words shut up??????...I think that was in your post not mine.
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 10:39 PM   #35
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix

sorry everyone just got a little carried away.....and just to finish this off ............barrata when did I ever state the words shut up??????...I think that was in your post not mine.
I totally agree with you sword 4 hire about the guns.......You guys are so negative....plus THEY ARE NOT TURNING THEM REAL SLUTTY....IT IS JUST ON OF THERE MANY COSTUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I PERSONALLY THINK THAT THIS IS THE BEST FF FOR A SEQUEL........ u know how they have two spinnoffs of FF X.........they probably planned this all before FF X........IT's a trilogy!!!!!!!!!!.....and instaed of complaining just be quiet and let the real fans do the talking, cause we know what squaresoft is really made of!!!!!!!!

feel free to read that over and be quiet is pretty much the same meaning as shut up.
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 11:03 PM   #36
Matrix
The Messiah

you are right.....but be quiet is much better than saying shut up!
Old Nov 28th, 2002, 11:12 PM   #37
Matrix
The Messiah

forgot to add that the only reason she looks the way she does is because her other costume that she had would not suit it her with guns properly...as stated before, she has guns because of her inability to summon aeons.......I have read though that she does get them back about halfway through or so (obviously)
Old Nov 29th, 2002, 01:18 AM   #38
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Folks, I believe you are all talking way too much BS and I'm afraid you still have not played the game yet. Wait until then and then give your judgements. Although Yuna did look corny in that las little shotting scene

But I remember years back when the guys from Retro studios began the project on the new Metroid and announced it would be in first person, and everyone began to cry like fagits that it was going to suck and all sorts of crap, and now see it's one of the best games that have ever been released in freaking world history.

I remember I did not like the idea myself, but always hoped they would not screw up, and had my mind open to the possibility of having an awsome game as the result, adn well, I don't need to repeat myself.

I have the same expectations for this game.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2002, 01:38 AM   #39
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix

you are right.....but be quiet is much better than saying shut up!
Does it really matter anymore...
Old Nov 29th, 2002, 03:51 AM   #40
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
You like to look at insignificant details and you missed some points IMO. Yuna with long sword or Yuna with guns: the essence of the game would probably remain the same if she used either of them.

And btw, haven't you looked at the images maybe? Don't we have a "third character" with the long sword yet? What would be the point in having another one with a long sword? I won't mention here the possible meanings of the long sword thing though... You guys better go and read some low quality psycology manual for this, thing that probably Nomura already did Not to sound 100% negative, but this is my opinion, and I don't need to see the game to say this game looks really corny and filled with stupid stereotypes (also regarding some of the other characters) from what I can see.