Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 31st, 2006, 08:41 AM   #1
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Last night I dreamt...

This is a thread for people to post the latest dreams they had. If anybody has some knowledge, we can even try to give interpretations. I like to read about other people's dreams

Here's what I dreamt last night:

I was at my old school with a friend I haven't seen in a long time. We were walking, but the corridors seemed all identical and it was rather dark because it was late evening, and we didn't know how to get home. There were classes with people in them, but they were all alseep and I started wondering if they were sick or something. I had to go home because I had an important thing to do, but I don't remember what, so I started walking very fast and at some point my friend wasn't there anymore. Instead of being worried, in the dream I knew she got home. I was angry because I was left behind. When I found the exit, it was morning again and all seemed right. I went to get something to drink, and when I was paying for it, before I could count all the money, I woke up.

Last edited by Meiko; May 31st, 2006 at 08:42 AM..
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:32 PM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I had this dream... there was this woman living in a marble urn, like those you see in baroque churches, and the urn was placed at the top of a huge wardrobe. The wardrobe was located in some abandoned underground station. I don't know why, but I had to force the woman to come out of the urn, but she kept on refusing. She wasn't annoyed or scared, but kept on hiding under a blanket, like the urn was a bed and she was trying to ignore me pretending she was asleep. Then I climbed the wardrobe and grabbed her arm. She fell off the urn, from the top of the wardrobe, literally squashing me. At this point I woke up. It wasn't funny
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 10:47 PM   #3
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
I had this dream... there was this woman living in a marble urn, like those you see in baroque churches, and the urn was placed at the top of a huge wardrobe. The wardrobe was located in some abandoned underground station. I don't know why, but I had to force the woman to come out of the urn, but she kept on refusing. She wasn't annoyed or scared, but kept on hiding under a blanket, like the urn was a bed and she was trying to ignore me pretending she was asleep. Then I climbed the wardrobe and grabbed her arm. She fell off the urn, from the top of the wardrobe, literally squashing me. At this point I woke up. It wasn't funny
Is it possible that this woman represented you?

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM   #4
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
Is it possible that this woman represented you?

_RED_ stuff

I don't think so. But I'm curious to know why are you suggesting the possibility?
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:07 AM   #5
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
I was just making suggestions to you. I was trying to help you start trying to figure out what the dream may have meant by getting you to ask yourself questions. When you have a dream, it helps to try and figure out the symbolic nature of people, places, objects, general moods, your reactions to things, etc in the dream. I think you would want to ask yourself what each of these types of things in your dreams usually means to you in everyday life. The symbols we use in dreams are based on our perceptions of what they mean to us. For example, what do you think a marble urn means to you? Not to anyone else, but to you? What type of memories does it bring up?

Yeah... anyways... hope that helps a little bit

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #6
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

I don't know. I've been told the dream means I feel distant from others or I try to isolate myself. I think that is only a very partial interpretation.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #7
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Do you guys think dreams are useful to understand your real self better?
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

I'm sure they have a great importance. But you must analyze them in a very accurate way. I don't believe what many psychologists say about dreams.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #9
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
I'm sure they have a great importance. But you must analyze them in a very accurate way. I don't believe what many psychologists say about dreams.
Neither do I. All of that freudian stuff is kind of blown out of proportion. I mean I'm glad to know what a limp sword stands for in YOUR dream sigmund, but I think if I dreamed about the same thing it would have nothing to do with such a thing

But in all seriousness, those little books you can buy at the store with a list of what this and that means as a symbol in a dream are kinda funny to me because it's different for everybody. All of the symbols in our dreams are based on our own perceptions of them and how we personally feel about them.

So yeah, actually I feel there is GREAT importance in our dreams and I DO feel they have within them the answers to profound mysteries about ourselves that aren't quite so much of a mystery anymore once we learn how to reflect upon them through these dreams. I believe dreams are actually our tools with which to best understand our biggest issues. Unfortunately, it's not all so straightforward. Like I said, it is different for everybody what this or that means. That's why when somebody asks you what one of their dreams might have meant it's best to help them ask the right questions of themselves to have them figure it out on their own.

Of course, I don't want to kill anybody's fun here. I mean interpreting other people's dreams is kinda fun So yeah

_RED_ stuff

Old Jun 10th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #10
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Freud has never been convincing in my eyes. All that stupid words wasted about the Oedipus complex that should be explaining almost everything in life. A lot of complicated terms to make something as intricate as life seem simple and obvious.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #11
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Last night i dreamt that someone i care about needed help and was all depressed...odd enough, i woke up to that being true.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #12
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaena
Last night i dreamt that someone i care about needed help and was all depressed...odd enough, i woke up to that being true.
Maybe you already knew that, without being coscious before dreaming.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #13
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
It's true. We don't give our minds enough credit for the things we are able to deduct and calculate ahead of time based on things we already know. Often I think this is mistaken for being able to foretell future events. Are minds are actually very good computers able to figure out all of the odds of any situation pretty accurately.

_RED_ stuff

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #14
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas

I thought it was odd just because i had spoken to the person that same night, and he was all happy. But then again, every now and then this person tends to get depressed, so maybe in my mind i was just afraid that it would happen again, and i ended up dreaming about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
It's true. We don't give our minds enough credit for the things we are able to deduct and calculate ahead of time based on things we already know. Often I think this is mistaken for being able to foretell future events. Are minds are actually very good computers able to figure out all of the odds of any situation pretty accurately.

_RED_ stuff
Nope, i'm actually the contrary, i give my mind A LOT of credit, probably cause i'm an observer and i pay attention to a lot of things that most people doesn't, so i always end up "knowing" more than it would be expected, if that makes any sense. But i don't see myself as someone that can predict the future or anything of that.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #15
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

I had a dream, but I don't remember if I was the main character or not. There was this nurse, with wonderful blue eyes. For some reason I can't remember she couldn't really stand having blue eyes, so she took the eyes out with a spoon and swallowed them. Then she killed a giant squid living in the swimming pool of the hospital where she worked, took the beast's eyes out and placed them where her original eyes used to be. She came back to work, with these new spooky eyes, but she couldn't see anymore. Nobody noticed though. The whole dream was silent, but it had a voice over. And it freaked me out, because I've always had something against giant squids' eyes
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #16
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

I'm currently hosting a family of pigeons in one of my balconies. Tonight I dreamt about looking outside, and in the balcony there were the pigeons' family plus a weird giant white fat rabbit. I asked my mother "Do we have a rabbit now? Since when? I don't remember owning a rabbit..." She replied "But of course, we don't have a rabbit, look at it more carefully, it isn't a rabbit, it's a snake." So I took a another look at the rabbit and noticed that in fact it had no legs or whatever you expect a rabbit to have. It was white and fat, and it had rabbit ears, but it was a snake. So I got paranoid, thinking it was going to eat the pigeons, and told my mother "Why don't we get rid of that thing now? Please, take that thing away, it's horrible and dangerous!" But my mother merely replied she had other things to do and she was too tired and lazy to do that.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #17
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Last night I had a dream where I was in the mall with some friends. Then there is a huge gap in the dream but the next thing I remember was us posing as some buff Mr Universe winners. We werent buff at all but we had our suits stuffed to make it look like it. We picked up women from the audience and had then sit on the stage behind us. Another gap in my memory... I then somehow screw up the show somehow by I *think* doing something stupid like throwing a chair in the audience and then running off into the dressing room. I took my suit off and then sat in the audience. Someone noticed me and the shouted "Hey, aren't you one of those guys that were on stage? You rent buff at all, you're a fraud!" Then people ripped the suits off of my friends and exposed them as well.

Gap in memory...

Next thing I remember is that it was later in the day and people were helping with the cleanup. When I tried to go backstage they wouldn't let me because I was the one that initially screwed up the show. My friends were forgiven but not me. I gave some speech about how I entertained them before they found out the truth, thus doing my job, but they still wouldn't allow me in. Then this kid heard me and decided to help me out. He told me to follow him into a shed and he started going to work in there. He picked up a dog, somehow put it to sleep, took a saw and started chopping wood off of it. I didn't find this odd and was more interested in how he put the dog to sleep. He then mixed some things together that looked like beans, corn, and gasoline, put it in a bowl, grabbed his wood pieces and we then went to the side of the house where the actors were (somehow the scenery changed from a mall to a suburban neighborhood). He nailed the wood to the side of the house so we could climb up to it's really high roof and hid out in a small area that was right above the kitchen, with a huge window exposing us to anyone that wanted to look up. There was a hole under us that looked pretty gunky. He showed me that the hole was deep by dropping a bean down the hole and it took a while for us to hear the bean hit the ground. He then quickly dumped the .mixture into the hole (I still have no clue as to what the hell he is doing) and told me to run. He quickly went back down the ladder he made, but I couldn't go down as fast because I always had a fear of ladders. Someone spotted me, she shouted something along the lines of "The outsider is in our building!" and next thing I know I was being chased through the neighborhood.

I ran from backyard to backyard trying to evade them but everywhere I looked there was one of them looking for me. I tried to escape to the woods in the back but there was barbed wire fence blocking my way. Eventually one of them spotted me so I just gave up and gave myself in. As I was walking to her she shot me with a tranquilizer dart! I shouted "Damn it what was that for?!" and another person shot me with a dart. Then I decided to go Brock Sampson on them, running towards them, taking out the darts and throwing it back at them. They kept firing the darts at me but I kept charging, just as I reached one guy I started to feel woozy. I grabbed his head, about to snap it but then I fell asleep.

Another memory gap...

I just escaped and I am running out of the mall now. I had my sister with me, along with two other people. We stole a hummer and sped off into the road. The people followed and after a while I told them to go on ahead as it was me they wanted. So I jumped out of the car and flew away. The people followed me, shooting some rays at me. I then decided to run on foot because I could use the buildings as cover. I landed in some really trashy city and started running through the streets. Then some guy in an alley behind a door told me to hurry up and go in. I agreed and ran to the door, dodging bombs and lasers. When I finally got inside the dude closed the door, which looked like a normal door on the outside but was really like 5 feet thick. I recognized this dude from another dream, he saved me in the same manner before. He told me why the people were really after me, that I was some sort of superman and everyone else in the town was an evil superman. I first came there by accident and since I was the opposite versions of them, whenever I touched one they died. A few grew immune to me and those few decided to take me down to stop me from killing any more of them. They somehow captured me and erased my memory so they could learn more about my body with me giving little restraint, that is why I didn't remember any of it.

Then all of a sudden the people blow a hole in the guy's 5-foot wall. He told me to run as he jumped into a hole, having it close up right behind him. I flew through the gap and up into the sky. One of the immunes followed and I had an epic dbz style battle with him. Before the battle was finished I woke up and really didnt think much of that... epic dream I just had.

I haven't had a "normal" dream in years. I am always in trouble somehow, and it starts off at an public event like a boxing match. My favorite one was when I was an archer running through the forest, shooting arrows at a t-rex because he stole some bread.

If I were to interpret my own dreams, I would say it is because of my recent urge to go and do stupidly adventerous things such as skydive, land in a lake or ocean, swim into an underwater enterance to a cave, and then find my way out.

Last edited by Chara; Jul 8th, 2006 at 11:25 AM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote