Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 03:43 PM   #1
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up FFX European Release Date!

Over at www.square-europe.com the Release date has been fixed for 31st May 2001, even more intrestingly:
Quote:
posted by square-europe: The long awaited PAL version is based on Final Fantasy X International
V Intresting Indeed , Discuss
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:11 PM   #2
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
I don't understand why FFX international is being released in Japan (with the english voices.. O_o) and now apparently Europe.. but not in the United States..? I doubt it's anti-americanism, but it kind of seems that way.

It's been said that with the way FFX international ends, there is a chance that FFXII will be a sequel, a continuation of the story from FFX... I just really don't get this; and in truth hope it doesn't happen. The universe FFX took place in and the story it was told with were masterpieces, but it was.. well.. freakin' depressing.

*shrugs* Idunno.. if Squaresoft does just make a sequel.. I think it'll just be wierd. Final Fantasy is known to tell Epic tales, and sequels, at least to me, aren't usually all that 'epic'.

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:22 PM   #3
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

They could make a FFX sequel (though it's doubtful that it'll be FFXII: completly different writer and team in the most part), but it's worth noteing that the extra scene added on one of the International discs aparantly asks the question: "Is it a Prequel or a Sequel?"

And it does kind of suck that the US may not get to see International. But on the other hand, it sucks that Europe won't get Tactics, FFV, FFIV, FFI, Chrono Cross and god knows how many other games (at least in the forseable future). At least you US guys (and girls) could import and play without having to chip your consoles...
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:25 PM   #4
Macceh^
Ne me mori facias

Macceh^ is on a distinguished road
I agrea a sequal to an FF game just wouldnt be right having not played ff10 i dont know the ending perhaps it leaves unanswered questions i dunno.

On another note ive played the ff10 demo and tbh graphically its stunning but thast all that impresses me at the moment. Voice acting i think was a bad idea Role playing game the role aspect is beign evermore taken away but hey just my thoughts.

All the other ff's are classics though and id guess ff10 wont fail them even if going by the demo its kinda parp.

Just to add i live in UK and i own FFT so artist
Macceh^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:32 PM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Macceh^
On another note ive played the ff10 demo and tbh graphically its stunning but thast all that impresses me at the moment. Voice acting i think was a bad idea Role playing game the role aspect is beign evermore taken away but hey just my thoughts.

Just to add i live in UK and i own FFT so artist
Voice acting isn't necessarily a bad idea; as long as the voice acting is actually good. From what I can tell FFX's is nothing to write home about, which is a shame when we're talking about such a high profile series...

And glad to hear you own Tactics - Will have to import my own copy sometime
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 04:37 PM   #6
Macceh^
Ne me mori facias

Macceh^ is on a distinguished road
lol from the demo the lead character seems nothign like a hero compared to the lkes of Squall, Zidane, Locke and Cloud. He doesnt even know how to hold a sword at first then in a fight he attacks using one hand!?!?!?!?

things like this do annoy me its a shame like you say such a high profile series seems to have gone down hill (from what ive seen) and ff11 online i also think will bring the series to an abrupt holt, i dont see the need for online play perhaps it should be seperate nto part of thr series but hey.

yes FFt is quite good
Macceh^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:07 PM   #7
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
Yay!!!!
I think we deserve a treat for the long wait, plus it coming out May 31st is even better!

Personnally I would like to see a FFX sequel, with this second ending in the FFX international version has left alot of things open so I think it would be a good idea myself.

Quote:
He doesnt even know how to hold a sword at first then in a fight he attacks using one hand!?!?!?!?
He doesn't know how to hold a sword at first because hes never used one before, so I really can't see the problem with that, as for only using one hand I guess he uses swords which only need one hand to use them. But personally from what I've played of the FFX demo I can't really see to much of a problem with it but that's IMO anyway.

As for voice acting I think it is alright as long as they do a good job with it, also I think it may attract other people to the game who are put off having to read loads of text each time a character says something.
So I think having voices in the game is probably a pretty good idea, especially when it is now starting to be quite a common aspect to find a game with voice acting in it.

But this is all IMO so I understand if no one agrees with me on this

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:17 PM   #8
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

IMO the voice acting in the full game (haven't played the demo) is outstanding once you get used to the characters. Especially Auron, Wakka, and Rikku. All of those actors did a marvelous job with thier characters, especially considering that they had to compensate for the still-present overexaggerated gestures of the old FF games and synchronizing thier speech and thier tone to suit the game's animations. Alot of people forget that unlike CG movies and things that are made in america, the visuals were not conformed around the (american) actors. Even in Anime, wordfit can be used to adjust the lip synchronization. These guys had to wrap themselves around the characters and did a great job doing it.

Some of the smaller "bit" parts could have used better voices though.. in a few of them it seems like they yanked the janitor out of the hallway and said "Here.. lower your voice and say this line." But that's a graphical problem too. The emotion on the main character's faces are very well done, but everybody else has basically an FFVIII face with hinged lips. By this I mean that they only move up and down, up and down.

The story for FFX is also very, very well written. It's very depressing at times, and can border on being macabre (I don't know if I used the context right, here.. *shrugs*) at times.. but it is still a masterpiece, especially if you're attentive to details. A guy on the FFX Neoseeker forum went through the game three times and talked to every single person before he could wholly understand the game's plot. Some might say that's too complex but just think of how much effort it took to write all of that and make it properly fit together. (People have different dialouge the first time you meet them, and new dialouge appears after each of two events before the end of the game. I'm not gonna spoil it for people who haven't played, though.)

I still hope there's not a sequel, though. It would kind of spoil the story. (I even think that the FFX international ending is kind of weak, given that it was tweaked to be more of an upside end.. and it leaves the story even more open than the origional finale did..)

The Matrix has you.
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:20 PM   #9
x157anz

x157anz is on a distinguished road
Wow cool ! i best finish FF7 before 10 comes out

I prefere them talking simply because listening is easyer than reading. Reading the text does get boring sometimes.

Current FFX Position:.
COMPLETED - somebody hand me a tissue :'(
x157anz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:25 PM   #10
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Quote:
Originally posted by Soul Angel

As for voice acting I think it is alright as long as they do a good job with it, also I think it may attract other people to the game who are put off having to read loads of text each time a character says something.
So I think having voices in the game is probably a pretty good idea, especially when it is now starting to be quite a common aspect to find a game with voice acting in it.

But this is all IMO so I understand if no one agrees with me on this
1, He's asked if he knows how to use one of these before Auron tosses him the sword.. if I'm not mistaken he says 'Yah'. He just needs to adjust to the weight of the thing.

You're right, Soul. I mean, an all text PS2 game even at this point sounds kind of 'Eh..' Squaresoft is changing with the times so it doesn't end up getting left behind.

(Afterthought/Response-- Macceh^, I don't mean to offend.. but what in the world makes you think that the series is going 'downhill'? Final Fantasy is one of the most lucrative franchises at present.. and heck, EVER.. FFXI is going to be different, but it will at least be by after FFXII that the series 'comes to a halt'. Since that one's already in the works.. I do think you're right about it being too different from the mainstream FF titles to be just another in the number sequence, though. It should be called Final Fantasy Online or something. But just look at Phantasy Star Online's success before you say that it's gonna be a flop. )

The Matrix has you.
Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:09 PM   #11
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

Voice acting isn't necessarily a bad idea; as long as the voice acting is actually good. From what I can tell FFX's is nothing to write home about, which is a shame when we're talking about such a high profile series...

And glad to hear you own Tactics - Will have to import my own copy sometime
Well, just to piss on everyone's parade, I live in the UK and have FF Tactics, XenoGears, Einhander and Chrono Cross... :p

But back on topic, the EU release is also coming complete with a bonus documentary DVD entitled 'Beyond Final Fantasy'. It contains interviews with the makers of the game and the voice actors for Tidus and Yuna, plus a preview of Kingdom Hearts.

Now if Square Europe have given us a 60HZ option and/or optimised it to run full screen/full speed PAL (just like MGS2) then I will forgive them totally for the excruiatingly long wait!

- S
Spank-A-Thon is offline   Reply With Quote