Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #21
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Sex and the City can go to hell... It's ridiculously annoying. Couldn't force myself to watch more than 10 minutes of it. And if you watch actors' or authors' interviews... it's like they're talking about something incredibly innovative. Boring...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #22
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Britney Spears, because i just saw the comercial for her cologne/perfume and i think the whole "because everyone has one" made me sick. not to mention the woman is disgusting, IMO!
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #23
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaena
Britney Spears, because i just saw the comercial for her cologne/perfume and i think the whole "because everyone has one" made me sick. not to mention the woman is disgusting, IMO!

That reminds me...

Kevin Federline aka K-Fed for pretty much being the new Vanilla Ice... You just set back the mainstream opinion of white rappers about 1000 years. Great job lame ass!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #24
Aubrey McFatum

Aubrey McFatum is on a distinguished road
Exams.

Do you believe in God?
The question is does God believe in me?

Aubrey McFatum
Aubrey McFatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #25
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebraman
gossip.
Occasional gossip isn't that bad. I don't think it hurts in moderation. But gossip magazines and TV programmes are crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
What, you don't like sequels that have two sequels to go along with it already?
No comment!

Last edited by Hylas; May 18th, 2006 at 02:05 PM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #26
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Bullies, drama queens, illegal hunting, sausages, disco music, The Da Vinci Code phenomenon, gossip.

1. we need bullies to beat us into shape so we can prepare fo the harsh realities of the world when we're older the question is... am I really completely joking? *raises eyebrow*

2. there is absolutely nothing wrong with sausages... if you dont like em then dont eat em

3. the questions and the research that the Da Vinci Code novel is written about is certainly very eye-opening and interesting while the actual work of fiction by Dan Brown is an atrocity, but not because of the controversy... more like because it was written so poorly! if only Micheal Crichton had beaten that moron to the punch.

Quote:
Sex and the City can go to hell... It's ridiculously annoying. Couldn't force myself to watch more than 10 minutes of it. And if you watch actors' or authors' interviews... it's like they're talking about something incredibly innovative. Boring...
I saw one episode. This one woman who was apparently a main character was worried that she had "run out of orgasms"... while that may be a humorous concept on paper or in a much more intelligent and witty show than Sex in the City... well it was wasted here and I certainly wasnt amused... and Im certainly not the demographic that type of story would hit the funny bone of... you know not being a 30-something yr old woman and all

I feel sorry for women who have grown up on that show believeing its all about "girl power," but I feel even more sorry for myself for having to deal with this generation of stupid chicks. Thats right. I have standards!

Oh... here's a good thing to send to Room 101... chicks who think I will dig them just because they are chicks and have a @^$%$&!!! Nice try wishing I don't have standards. In fact, my standards are pretty high and you'd better be willing to prove yourself as a human being worth my time. You can have the greatest booty in the world and you still wont get it from me if you dont have the mind and spirit to keep my interest (Although, I admit I might drool a little ) You are NOT all that and a bag of chips. You are some dip and thats about it. A really nasty one with no flavor thats been unrefridgerated for a couple weeks I want to get lost in a woman's eyes not see a constant lost look in theirs.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; May 18th, 2006 at 04:43 PM..
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #27
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
2. Parents yelling at their kids in stores. Come on, you know that if anyone walks by, they are going to stare at you as you are yelling at your crying child. Who is the bad person now?
Personally, it doesn't bother me because I'm not a kid lover from get go. (don't tell nobody) But there are 2 sides to this and I've heard them both. (pretty sure you have as well.) I see it as no justice for the parent in that situation though. If they let the child get away with whatever, people are still going to stare and judge that person as being a bad parent for letting the child get away with whatever. If they yell at the child, they're considered to be a bad parent....... no win situation.

Quote:
Kids pretending to talk and act like adults.
I'm going to switch it up on you.

Adults acting like kids. Now I have no problem with that little "let the inner child go" or whatever, but some people take that out of content. I have nothing against my mom or anyone she talks to, but when she gets on the phone, it's like she turned into a damn 15-16 year old because all they do is gossip. Another thing about this is that there is a strong he said / she said thing that goes on during these phone conversations. (My room is right next to the living room and the chairs is right in front of my door. So I can pretty much hear everything that's going on even when I blast my music.) Speaking of that he said / she said garbage, my mom and my next door neighbor's cousin or aunt.... whatever isn't talking to each other anymore because of that garbage. They use to work with each other and were good friends at one point, but now when they see each other it's like high school all over again. I wish they would drop this bullshit.

I think that's all I'm going to say for the moment. We'll see if anything else pisses me off.

Last edited by Phenom; May 19th, 2006 at 08:58 AM..
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #28
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Some of these are great! However I have a different opinion on a couple.

First one was the screaming at your kid in a store, or hitting your child. I believe there is a HUGE difference between disapline and "hitting". I think that hitting a child is an effective means of disapline if done right for the right reasons. There is a a big difference between abusing a child and hitting them. A spank on the bum for major wrong doing is not something to scream abuse over.

That being said, in some cases the acutal parenting is to blame for child behavior and if you can't control your child then there are things you need to focus onyourself as a parent. I was spanked as a child and guess what, i never did it again. Sure i pushed my boundries and probably got away with it more then most kids cause I knew the moment I crossed the line. I don't have an problems with how I was raised and believe that hitting a child is not as extreme as the public tends to view it.

I do agree however that there are other ways in dealing with a child in public, but if the situation calls for it, people shouldn't stair or judge.

Now as for things i want to add.

1.People that throw there lives away doing drugs. I don't care who you are or what pedistal you think you live on. DRUGS ARE NOT COOL! They don't make you special, they don't do anything to make you better then anyone else. I don't care how HARD or how light the drug is either, Pot, Snow, E whatever, a drug is a drug and although you and your friends might think your awsome, your just another static of people failing themselves. I have seen to many quality people destroy their lives using drugs and have had close friends die from them. "Oh, but I only do pot ever couple weeks with my friends". Well congrats, your SPECIAL, oh wait, no your not!

2.Students in schools who give no respect to anyone. You want to pump gas all your life, go ahead, but do us all a favor and stop going to class. Cause although you don't see it, I bet more then half of your class wants an education cause they don't want to grow up as your nightshift co-worker, using a squeege. You need help you want help, then get it, stop bringing down everyone else around you.

3.Fanboys - Especially those that intentionally sign up for other gaming forms just to be a fanboys. For example, this is a ps website, sure we talk about other systems cause we are gamers, but if your comming to a website like this just to be an xbox fanboy, go find an xbox forum.

4. Bottled Water - This is great for one reason and one reason only. Clean water supplies for those that need it, like situations where mother nature prevents clean water (Memphis). But to sell it at my local store for $2 a freaking bottle, give me a break. Its not like you produced the water yourself in a water factory. This is the earths resource and some guy is making millions off it for little to no cost.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #29
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
3.Fanboys - Especially those that intentionally sign up for other gaming forms just to be a fanboys. For example, this is a ps website, sure we talk about other systems cause we are gamers, but if your comming to a website like this just to be an xbox fanboy, go find an xbox forum.
You beat me to it. I hate it when they run in packs too. And this follows with anime as well because they're all the same to me. (not games and anime, but the fanboys period.) When you voice an opinion saying that you don't care for that game, console, anime, and you give good reasons to not like it. It's like a pack of uhh... "insert word" coming to bite your head off just because your opinion is different. They don't want to reason with you or anything. Then they'll throw that weird internet talk at you out of nowhere. (NARUTO ROXORS or 1337.... whatever the hell it's called.) Makes you want to just throw a rock at their forehead or something.

Last edited by Phenom; May 19th, 2006 at 10:11 AM..
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #30
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

JJ, I'm with you, especially on the bottled water part. Here the situation is a bit different, because water in local stores is not as expensive as you say - though it is in bars etc. I found it annoying, travelling abroad, that a bottle of Sprite usually costed less than a bottle of water. And I also find it quite insulting, considering after all Sprite is also made of water

And I know it's not original, but nobody's saying it, so I'm gonna say it myself:

Microsoft - they must stop investing more in advertising their products than in actually making them work right!
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #31
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead

1. "Oh, but I only do pot ever couple weeks with my friends". Well congrats, your SPECIAL, oh wait, no your not!
Ummm... I smoke weed once every couple of months. Am I special now?

Btw, do you drink? Thats no better. In some ways it can be much worse.

I only drink occasionally myself.

Honestly, I believe myself to be quite the responsible person when it comes to the chemicals I allow in my body... lets see:

1. food (well ok my diet could be better)

2. H20 or WATER

3. Air... like fresh air from nature... Oxygen and Nitrogen and all those lovely things found in air.

4. THC from marijuana on occasion... maybe once every couple of months

5. Alcohol on occasion... i might go out drinking once every other weekend and even then I dont usually get completely trashed... you know they say to drink lots of water in order to avoid a bad hangover... try it... but its not like its something i ever really have to worry about on a regular basis

Do I claim to be special for smoking pot? No. Maybe some people do when they first start because they are naive.

It took me a little while to realize I didn't need weed in order to be more connected with myself because it has already been there within me the whole time. I just wasn't allowing myself to enjoy myself to my full extent before. I had to find that out for myself.

These days I feel alive just being myself more than ever before and I have this wonderful thing called a natural high that I can tap into. It's great. That doesn't make me special either, though. We all have this ability.

Quote:
2.Students in schools who give no respect to anyone. You want to pump gas all your life, go ahead, but do us all a favor and stop going to class. Cause although you don't see it, I bet more then half of your class wants an education cause they don't want to grow up as your nightshift co-worker, using a squeege. You need help you want help, then get it, stop bringing down everyone else around you.

I completely agree with you. It's the difference between students who know why they are in college and those who don't. I am in college because I now know what I wish to do with my life. If somebody else wants to voice nothing but negative feelings about the work in the classes they can do it somewhere else. I am there to learn. Even the classes which are not quite as clear as to their purpose having directly to do with my goals in terms of their content, I still need to pass them in order to move on to other classes and get my degree. Thats what makes them part of the larger picture whether I like it or not so I might as well have a positive attitude about passing them. It does me no good to sit there and piss and moan about everything. Am I going to need to vent occasionally of something I might feel is pointless in the heat of the moment? Sure. But I am going to try to remember to do it in the right place, which would be somewhere other than class or in the faces of fellow students who are working as hard as me to get an education.
If somebody's just plain going to sit next to me in a class that is actually focused on our major and say this or that is "bullshit" every time, I have no sympathy for them if they flunk out. Apparently they didn't want to be there, anyway. And they better not roll their eyes at me when they see that I am genuinely interested and excited by what I am learning because I am participating in class discussion.

_RED_ stuff

Old May 19th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #32
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
George Lucas.....For the prequels and the re-edits of the original SW movies.
Old May 19th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #33
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Some more

#1: Annoying customers who think they are right. You're not, so please go home.
#2: Bad Spelling. I don't mind the occasional typo, but please learn to spell.
#3: Student Clichés. Oh so boring.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #34
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I need to be clear on my drug thing. Its those people that smoke once or twice a month because they feel they have to over those that do it cause they just do. I still don't think its worth it at all, but to each his own. But to preach to me that being a drugie is a way of life and that drugies are a great group of people if you live among them..BAH! Just irritates the poo outta me.

Do I drink. I am known to have a beer from time to time. I did however not drink for an entire year. As for drinking I don't find it to be worse in a social aspect. For example sitting with friends and having a beer in the back yard, verses sitting in your back yards smoking a bowl. Drinking is socially accpetable and not illegal. Is it bad, definitely. Can it be worse, yes I have seen it. However comparing drinking and doing other drugs I dont feel can be comparable in certain situations like the previous one listed.

That being said, drinking can be very bad and makes people do stupid things just like many drugs.

As for the bottled water thing, I should clarify that not all water is that expensive, depends on the size of the bottle. But selling small bottles of water at baseball games, football matches, amusement parks (cough disney world cough) for triple to price and not provide free COLD drinking water is just outragous. NOTE: I don't know what makes me mad more, the fact someone is making poo loads of money off of earths FREE water resouces or that I didn't think of it first.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #35
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As for the bottled water thing, I should clarify that not all water is that expensive, depends on the size of the bottle. But selling small bottles of water at baseball games, football matches, amusement parks (cough disney world cough) for triple to price and not provide free COLD drinking water is just outragous. NOTE: I don't know what makes me mad more, the fact someone is making poo loads of money off of earths FREE water resouces or that I didn't think of it first.
In some countries, it is! It is expensive almost everywhere! Like where I live, it's true what Panuru said: most of the times a bottle of soda is less expensive than a bottle of water! It's ridiculous! Our water at home is good to drink, so I wouldn't go out to buy a bottle, if I'm not in terrible need, but somewhere water is not as good and buying it is a necessity. So here you have another superfluous expense in your family balance!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #36
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Hylas, don't want to sound rude, but everything's expensive in Switzerland. I was shocked in Geneva to discover I had to pay for getting bus information!
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #37
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
I need to be clear on my drug thing. Its those people that smoke once or twice a month because they feel they have to over those that do it cause they just do. I still don't think its worth it at all, but to each his own. But to preach to me that being a drugie is a way of life and that drugies are a great group of people if you live among them..BAH! Just irritates the poo outta me.

Do I drink. I am known to have a beer from time to time. I did however not drink for an entire year. As for drinking I don't find it to be worse in a social aspect. For example sitting with friends and having a beer in the back yard, verses sitting in your back yards smoking a bowl. Drinking is socially accpetable and not illegal. Is it bad, definitely. Can it be worse, yes I have seen it. However comparing drinking and doing other drugs I dont feel can be comparable in certain situations like the previous one listed.

That being said, drinking can be very bad and makes people do stupid things just like many drugs.

I, too, would like to clarify. I was not offended by your comment so much as I just wanted to add something. It brought up a point I wanted to make. I don't feel I fit into this "drug culture" and I would agree that these people can be pretty maddening. Many pot smokers feel the same way, but some feel this way our of being naive while others know from experience they don't need pot. I just wanted to make the distinction between the types of people who fall into a trap seemingly permanently and others who are able to find their way out. Theres nothing great about being a slave to any chemical of this type for that matter. It's just an example of how opressed we truly are as a society to feel we need drugs to "escape". Luckily, I have learned that lesson through pot use and I did not need harder drugs to figure it out. For those of you experimenting with how much weed you want to smoke... well... you are all just going to have to figure it out for yourselves. All of those feelings or experiences that seem to come quicker to you when high on marijuana are all just aspects of yourself that already exist. The true test of your own strength is to see how much you can tap into your inner natural high without it. It's in music. It's in nature. It's in your inner rythmns that you have the full ability to be completely in touch with already. We were born onto this Earth to realize our potential as beings in full control. We are limitless. Why would we need something with such limited benefits as drug addiction?

I guess this is what I wanted to add. A lot of the reason people fall into a drug culture type attitude and start acting like it makes them special is because they believe the drugs bring them something they can't normally have. They believe those not on the drug are missing out.

What people don't know is our birthright to survival, happiness, and the ability to experience life to its fullest are things that actually already exist within us.

This all might not make sense to a lot of people. In some ways it sounds too complex and in other ways it sounds too simplistic. I agree. It is a pretty out there sort of topic and I did sort of start a rant here. I just love to share what I believe to be true based on my experiences in life. They are only my perceptions so they may not be true for you in the same way. I am pretty sure, though, that we are all on this Earth to experience life to its fullest and we certainly dont need drugs to do it. Fight the opression, brethren.

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

Old May 21st, 2006, 01:31 PM   #38
Zebraman

Zebraman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
1. we need bullies to beat us into shape so we can prepare fo the harsh realities of the world when we're older the question is... am I really completely joking? *raises eyebrow*

2. there is absolutely nothing wrong with sausages... if you dont like em then dont eat em

3. the questions and the research that the Da Vinci Code novel is written about is certainly very eye-opening and interesting while the actual work of fiction by Dan Brown is an atrocity, but not because of the controversy... more like because it was written so poorly! if only Micheal Crichton had beaten that moron to the punch.
1. Bullies don't prepare anybody to anything. They're just a plague.

2. I don't like them. This thread is about getting rid of things we don't like. You can save them, if you don't agree. I won't force you to not eat them.

3. Apart from literary inconsistency, I am against all the fuss everybody's making about this Da Vinci thing. The movie is to be condemned/it is not to be condemned, the book is dangerous/the book reveals truths, and all the writers writing commentaries and other books about Dan Brown's book either to praise or to destroy it, and the trials for plagiarism like there wasn't anything more interesting happening around these days. It's only a book, and a movie. It's not something to talk about all the time. I'm tired of having the Da Vinci quoted or mentioned everywhere, everytime I watch tv or read a magazine or go to a bookstore.
Zebraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 08:54 PM   #39
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
No comment!
I think Tt was just joking about the sequels that have two sequels to go along with it already. No need to consider him a meanie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare
Personally, it doesn't bother me because I'm not a kid lover from get go.
Ditto. We ought to hang out together more, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare
Adults acting like kids. Now I have no problem with that little "let the inner child go" or whatever, but some people take that out of content. I have nothing against my mom or anyone she talks to, but when she gets on the phone, it's like she turned into a damn 15-16 year old because all they do is gossip. Another thing about this is that there is a strong he said / she said thing that goes on during these phone conversations. (My room is right next to the living room and the chairs is right in front of my door. So I can pretty much hear everything that's going on even when I blast my music.) Speaking of that he said / she said garbage, my mom and my next door neighbor's cousin or aunt.... whatever isn't talking to each other anymore because of that garbage. They use to work with each other and were good friends at one point, but now when they see each other it's like high school all over again. I wish they would drop this bullshit.
Omg, I also friggin' hate this too...why am I forgetting all the things that really annoy me? Yes, adults acting like kids piss me off to no end...I think I can tolerate children acting like adults rather than this because this sort of thing infuriates me. I remember this Asian girl who used to come into our old restaurant and she would always, always carry around a plush of that Sanrio character, Pochacco...and she was already 26 and she just loves acting like a kid. She whined and pouted when she didn't get her way and her boyfriend just spoon-feeds her everything...ugh, oh great memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
#1: Annoying customers who think they are right. You're not, so please go home.
This made me laugh because if only they would. Retarded customers who think they are supremely right and just in everything they say and do, even though they know jackshit. Argh, too many bad memories of this...

Quote:
NOTE: I don't know what makes me mad more, the fact someone is making poo loads of money off of earths FREE water resouces or that I didn't think of it first.
LOL, I think it's a little bit of both because I'm like that too.

Quote:
I'm tired of having the Da Vinci quoted or mentioned everywhere, everytime I watch tv or read a magazine or go to a bookstore.
I agree. What makes it worse, at least in my town, is that all the extreme Christians are having a big celebration over the Da Vinci Code and are having discussions about it in church and handing out free copies of it and are trying to rally the entire Christian community to "get into the spirit." *roll eyes* I actually did buy the book when it was first released which was way before all this stupid hype, but I haven't finished it and I don't know if I want to now.

Anyway, adding to the customer thing, I cannot stand it when ignorant hick customers think they are so "upscale" to start suggesting changes to the current restaurant we have now. Please, our location and atmosphere fits your hickish selves, so don't go off and start suggesting that we transform the place into something "with a little more flair." Oh yeah, you guys are so blue-blooded, so is that why when you come in, you exclaim "Ooh! Orange Chicken! My favorite Chinese meal!" Again: ignoramuses. *tears hair out*

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; May 21st, 2006 at 08:55 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:07 AM   #40
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:

2. I don't like them. This thread is about getting rid of things we don't like. You can save them, if you don't agree. I won't force you to not eat them.
I was kinda kidding with you

_RED_ stuff

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; May 22nd, 2006 at 08:10 AM..