Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #1
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Room 101 Game

Imagine you have the power to banish all the things you don't like by confining them in a room out of time and space. This is room 101.

What do you think it is so annoying that should be banished?

You can post your suggestions about anything, from habits to people, from songs to movies or games, in this thread. You can give reasons or not for your choices. Other people can save the things you are suggesting by finding one or more good points in them.

I want to start with people who open packages in supermarkets, without actually buying them.
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #2
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiko

I want to start with people who open packages in supermarkets, without actually buying them.
I can see this being extremely annoying in supermarkets n I can't imagine having to deal with that on a regular basis, but I will say that I am guilty of opening up box's in other types of stores to get an idea of what a product looks like or to make sure that everything is in the box.

Ok... this is what I would like to send to room 101:

All of these extremely annoying remakes of horror classics that were done perfectly well the first time by new and upcoming directors just hoping to cash in on the younger audiences who may not have seen the originals by "modernizing" them. AHHH! The acting is usually just plain incompetent compared to the original and all of the atmosphere and original unique feeling is completely lost in translation! There are a few noteworthy exceptions, but in general, the original is usually the way to go.

The only time I can justify this is if the original was not a classic and was done poory, therefore it may actually warrent a director taking on an actual challenge of expanind on the original idea!

Sorry to fill up room 101 with so many piles upon piles of crappy movie reels, but I am assuming this place is pretty large

List of things in Room 101 so far:
1. annoying people opening up packages at the supermarket without buying!
2. annoying remakes of horror movies that were done perfectly well the first time around and are already classics that shouldnt be touched!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; May 12th, 2006 at 02:20 PM..
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #3
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiko
What do you think it is so annoying that should be banished?
IMO all this should be banished:

1. liars.
2. cowards.
3. people that use others only when it fits them.
4. people that don't take responsability for their actions.
5. dust. (allergies suck!)

that's it for now, i'll remember more later i'm sure.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaena
IMO all this should be banished:

1. liars.
2. cowards.
3. people that use others only when it fits them.
4. people that don't take responsability for their actions.
5. dust. (allergies suck!)

that's it for now, i'll remember more later i'm sure.

Kaena goes hardcore!!

OK... I would like to add those annoying people driving in front of you who dont pull into the shoulder of the road when turning while stopping short and putting their blinker on at the last second like nobody exists behind them!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM   #5
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
1. Rap music that talks about killing, how well some guy is going to please some girl, or how much money they have. Killing doesn't make you cool, it makes you a criminal, and I will have no problem convicting you to prison. Plus, good for you if you can talk about how good you are in bed, but nobody else cares. As for the money, knowing the lifestyles of many celebs, you won't have it for much longer.

2. Parents yelling at their kids in stores. Come on, you know that if anyone walks by, they are going to stare at you as you are yelling at your crying child. Who is the bad person now?

3. Strong feminist attitudes. Hey, I am all for equality between genders. My boss and my fiancé are both women. I follow THEIR commands, so don't jump on me yet.

The reason I say this is because I am sick of some of these women that judge all men as if we are just trying to keep women in the kitchen and in the beds. Not all of us men are like that. In fact, a great majority of us aren't. If you see a guy that is horrible to women, then go ahead and kick him in the butt, and give him one from me too. Don't, however, blame every guy you see because of one bad male that you met in your life.

4. Racism as a white. Another thing that bothers me. All I have been hearing the past two years from a lot of white people is that racism is behind us and that it isn't a problem anymore. OF COURSE YOU THINK THAT, YOU'RE WHITE! I am white and as I white I have no right to say anything about racism. The only thing I can do as a white person is not be racist and hope other people follow my example.

5. Plastic on CDs, DVDs, and Games. I am sick and tired of peeling off that fancy plastic layer that prevents me from enjoying my new game or music.
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #6
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyMourdor
1. Rap music that talks about killing, how well some guy is going to please some girl, or how much money they have. Killing doesn't make you cool, it makes you a criminal, and I will have no problem convicting you to prison. Plus, good for you if you can talk about how good you are in bed, but nobody else cares. As for the money, knowing the lifestyles of many celebs, you won't have it for much longer.

I agree with what you are sayin much of the time. There's a lot shitty rap music with no lyrical skill out there that tries to sound appealing by adding the subject material you speak of. Now here's where I disagree with you. There are also a lot of emcees with incredible lyrical skill that rap about these things and are able to make it sound fresh and poetic. Some cats like Wu-Tang decorate their lyrics with violence and a little flexing of their egos, but it's connected to a deeper message and/or story about strength. I can see why that would be hard to understand for somebody who doesnt listen to much hip hop, though.

Quote:
2. Parents yelling at their kids in stores. Come on, you know that if anyone walks by, they are going to stare at you as you are yelling at your crying child. Who is the bad person now?
Or even worse... watching parents hit their kids in public while screaming like an absolute banshee everytime their child breathes. Now, I will not claim to know the stress of parenting, but I really hope these people eventually get an idea how pathetically out of control of their lives they look.

Quote:
3. Strong feminist attitudes. Hey, I am all for equality between genders. My boss and my fiancé are both women. I follow THEIR commands, so don't jump on me yet.

The reason I say this is because I am sick of some of these women that judge all men as if we are just trying to keep women in the kitchen and in the beds. Not all of us men are like that. In fact, a great majority of us aren't. If you see a guy that is horrible to women, then go ahead and kick him in the butt, and give him one from me too. Don't, however, blame every guy you see because of one bad male that you met in your life.
LOL... no kidding. I have always been one of the first to speak up about the importance of women in our culture and how their image has been opressed by religious institutions for centuries, essentially leaving women AND men to grow up without a familiarity with the divine feminine spirit in their lives. Why do you think the divorce rate is so high? Unfortunately, this lack of balance causes a lot of women to go a bit militant in their feminism. Can we really blame them for feeling this way? Not really. We can call them on their extreme actions, though. Seriously, if you are female and you really feel that all men are scumbags and nothing more than pigs that need to be put in our place, then you need to do some serious self reflection and figure out what your own insecurities are. You aren't any better with that attitude.

Quote:
4. Racism as a white. Another thing that bothers me. All I have been hearing the past two years from a lot of white people is that racism is behind us and that it isn't a problem anymore. OF COURSE YOU THINK THAT, YOU'RE WHITE! I am white and as I white I have no right to say anything about racism. The only thing I can do as a white person is not be racist and hope other people follow my example.
The only thing I disagree with here, and disagree with strongly, is what you said about having no right to say anything about racism. Now don't get offended, but my opinion is that statement is ridiculous. If we are all truly equal, do we not all have the right to speak up about what we feel may be injustices against our own ethnicity? That is TRUE equality right there. Mutual respect for eachothers struggles from ALL backgrounds is what its all about.

Quote:
5. Plastic on CDs, DVDs, and Games. I am sick and tired of peeling off that fancy plastic layer that prevents me from enjoying my new game or music.
HAHA That shit drives me crazy, too. But hey, how much more happy are you to open that new game at the end?

_RED_ stuff

Old May 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Phone interviewers.
People who practice vivisection on animals.
Kids pretending to talk and act like adults.
People who don't respect queues.
The Margarita cocktail.
Ignorants and arrogants - who often are the same persons.

That's just a few choices. I have more to send to the 101 room

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyMourdor

I am a woman and I hate this kind of women as well. They blame men for being sexist, but they don't have a clue about what they really mean or want. All they care about is complaining and being bitchy almost all the time. They are just neurotic females with a rather serious case of PMS.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
Seriously, if you are female and you really feel that all men are scumbags and nothing more than pigs that need to be put in our place, then you need to do some serious self reflection and figure out what your own insecurities are. You aren't any better with that attitude.
Haha! How true! Most of the complaints from women who are all "anti-men" are usually those losers who either had just broken up with someone badly or experiencing some sort of angst. By doing this, they feel it is some sort of path to self-discovery and independence. Whatever.

Quote:
The only thing I disagree with here, and disagree with strongly, is what you said about having no right to say anything about racism. Now don't get offended, but my opinion is that statement is ridiculous. If we are all truly equal, do we not all have the right to speak up about what we feel may be injustices against our own ethnicity? That is TRUE equality right there. Mutual respect for eachothers struggles from ALL backgrounds is what its all about.
I wonder if Mourdor meant that he doesn't have a right to complain about racism because, since he is white, he never really experienced racism as opposed to you, me, and others of a different race. So he doesn't have a right to complain about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
Kids pretending to talk and act like adults.
Wait, but what if they really act that way and are not pretending? Are you only talking about those annoying kids who like to act oh-so-mature when they really have no clue about what it is to be an adult?

Well, like many others here I'm sure, I have an army of stuff to send to Room 101. Let's see:

1. My dad.

(And before anyone starts arguing with me about this, trying to "save him" from Room 101, assuming my hatred for him is some form of stupid petty angst, it's not. His childish, pathetic, cowardly, and evil torment upon me and the rest of the family is very real, has been real, and I have perfect reason to feel this way.)

2. That little pathetic lazy bitch and her whore-ish, conspiring, pathetic mom who moved to this town last summer inflicting such suffering upon myself, my sister, and my mom.

3. Ignorant, arrogant, prententious fools. (Panuru, you said it all too well). I cannot stand those who believe they are so educated and worldly yet don't know jack-sh*t about anything.

4. Certain vegans.

Okay, not all vegans are bad nor do they act like this, but it drives me friggin' insane when I have to see/encounter those really annoying vegans who try conform others to eating veggies and all-organic soy products, like them! They always act like they are so "accepting" and so "harmonious" yet if they happen to go out with friends or boy/girlfriend who's a meat-eater, it's like, ".....You're really going to eat that? You're really going to eat that chicken dish? Really? Really? REALLY?!" Shut the hell up dipstick, yeah, he's gonna eat that stupid chicken dish, let the man be! ARGH!

5. The stupid game of "coyness" and "acting dumb" that Asian women/girls, particularly, just looooove to play. I don't feel the need to explain because no one gets it anyway ("They're cute!" they'll say ).

That's all I have for now because I'm getting too worked up, lol.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I don't know. I'd consider myself a feminist, though perhaps not a radical one. Some key facts here: 1 in 3 men think that rape victims are deserving of it due to their behaviour, 75% of rapists at trial do not receive jail sentance and there is a still a huge pay divide between genders. I don't think it's correct to criticise radical feminists for getting angry when the patriarchal system is still in full swing. I'm a man and gosh, sometimes I really fucking hate the attitudes of males. But that's besides the point. I think rather than criticising feminism, you should perhaps broaden the point because you know, I don't much like men shouting at me about how I should live my life and that happens a lot; cf various religions etc. Then again, I do get cross when I've clashed with radical feminists who believe that because of my gender I can't grasp the key contexts. But really, feminism (for me) is about equality and not the displacement of one gender above the other, be it females above males or whatever.

Anyway, my choices:

Mysogyny / Racism / Homophobia / Rape / Murder
Foolish Kids
Bullying
Customers that get cross for no reason
Jellyfish! Eek!

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.

Last edited by Faile; May 13th, 2006 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: paris is stale and its war if we fail...
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #10
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
I don't know. I'd consider myself a feminist, though perhaps not a radical one. Some key facts here: 1 in 3 men think that rape victims are deserving of it due to their behaviour, 75% of rapists at trial do not receive jail sentance and there is a still a huge pay divide between genders. I don't think it's correct to criticise radical feminists for getting angry when the patriarchal system is still in full swing. I'm a man and gosh, sometimes I really fucking hate the attitudes of males. But that's besides the point. I think rather than criticising feminism, you should perhaps broaden the point because you know, I don't much like men shouting at me about how I should live my life and that happens a lot; cf various religions etc. Then again, I do get cross when I've clashed with radical feminists who believe that because of my gender I can't grasp the key contexts. But really, feminism (for me) is about equality and not the displacement of one gender above the other, be it females above males or whatever.
I think real feminists are more than what Mourdor was talking about. And maybe his post wasn't really about feminists, but about something else. The term feminist is very often misused. Feminism is a serious theory, or better, a corpus of theories, not a way to treat your husband like a fool, or complain because men won't let you park your car before they do. Many women are very confused about this, and simply think being feminist means females must be the first in everything, must benefit from a special status, especially when it comes to everyday's life. These women are usually the ones who are more conservative among all, and are usually the ones who can't realize when in fact they're being treated like inferior beings in more subtle ways, like it happens with the media. They like to think they have power, so they dress in a provocative way, use vulgarity as men do, pretend to obtain the best service in stores and when they go home they want their companions to wash dishes. But apart from that, they really have no idea about what being a woman is and what conquering the respect of the other sex as a woman means.
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #11
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
1. Snoring.
2. Eating loudly and/or with mouth open.

Yeah, nothing ground breaking here.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #12
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
I wonder if Mourdor meant that he doesn't have a right to complain about racism because, since he is white, he never really experienced racism as opposed to you, me, and others of a different race. So he doesn't have a right to complain about it.
I think I got all that out of what Mourdor said. If I missed somethin my bad.

The reason I said what I said is because I actually do believe that white people do have a right to speak out about racism towards them because
if we are all truly equal, then we all get to voice our opinions. Racism against white people, just like any other ethnicity, is a very real thing and I have seen it all over the place.

I am of mixed race. Being both white and hispanic I have experienced bigotry towards both. Often, when I am with white people they will say very bigoted things about hispanics and assume I wont care (often times because they assume I am not hispanic because my skin is so light.) At the same time, when I am with hispanics, blacks, and people of other ethnicities I will hear a lot of bigoted remarks about whites. The interesting thing about this instance is they know I am white, but they assume I will say nothing about it because it wouldnt be so acceptable to defend whites in our society. This demonization of white people in our society has to stop. If people keeping using the white man in general as a scapegoat for all of their biggest problems they won't be able to solve their own. Assigning blame does not solve problems like this. Hard work and serious self-reflection does. The bottom line is there is no such thing as the term "reverse racism" because racism is a two way street. Racism applies to everyone in all directions. EVERYBODY needs to work on their racist tendencies. That is the only way to work on truly living together.

So what I am going to say is that ALL forms of racism can go to room 101 and never come back. Being of mixed race and being proud of who I am I would be a hypocrite to not try and understand ALL sides of this type of thing. That is the only way I can be true to myself as a whole. We are all somebody composed of many backgrounds to create a whole one person. We are all those things coming together to create something that is back at the source of creation. It's a beautiful thing.

Quote:
1. My dad.

(And before anyone starts arguing with me about this, trying to "save him" from Room 101, assuming my hatred for him is some form of stupid petty angst, it's not. His childish, pathetic, cowardly, and evil torment upon me and the rest of the family is very real, has been real, and I have perfect reason to feel this way.)
I have no doubt that your negative feelings about your father are justified. The mere fact that you mention you are afraid of people labeling your feelings as typical young adult angst shows that you have some kind of understanding of the difference between that, which would be more of a phase type thing, and what your emotions are actually based on. Apparently they are based on very real things that are behaviors by your father that anybody would find dissapointing or even intolerable. Because of that, Meryl, you earn a big hug from me for having to go through such a thing! *HUG*

I do not know what it is like to actually be wholly ashamed by the behavior of either of my parents. I am one of those lucky few that has two very honest and very supportive parents of who I want to be as a person. I used to feel very guilty about the fact I am so fortunate in this manner, until I realized how counterproductive that was. Nowadays, I just appreciate it as much as I can and plan on giving back to them all that they have given to me over the years. That is why a connection with one's children is so important. If you are supportive of them as individuals and who they want to be, then they will give back to you in surpising ways.

So after saying that, I would like to send incompetent parents out there... the ones that do not understand the importance of truly loving their children and having an honest connection with them... I'd like to send those one to Room 101.

Meryl, I imagine when you have kids someday, you will make a good parent because you will know exactly what not to do. You seem the type of person to learn from experience and I doubt you would repeat the same mistakes. You are one of the more mature people your age that I know. Keep it up.. lol

Quote:
1. Snoring.
2. Eating loudly and/or with mouth open.

Yeah, nothing ground breaking here.
LOL... no need to be groundbreaking, man. Just because the rest of us tend to take ourselves too seriously at times doesn't mean we dont need a little comic relief!

I hate it when people snore! My ex-gf used to snore and I would not allow her to put me through that when I really needed sleep so I would nudge just that little bit until she woke up just enough to take a nice breathe before going back into a deep sleep. Of course, she would then be snoring again sooner or later

She wasn't too bad, though. I had actually heard much worse! YIKES!

It's funny, though. It must be hard to look at a girl as the sleeping beauty type as much if they are laying their completely sawing wood

_RED_ stuff

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; May 13th, 2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #13
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kaena goes hardcore!!

_RED_ stuff
it's my opinion, don't like it...tough luck!

i remembered another one. Mechanics who think that just because i'm a woman, that i don't know what's wrong with my car!
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #14
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
I think real feminists are more than what Mourdor was talking about. And maybe his post wasn't really about feminists, but about something else. The term feminist is very often misused. Feminism is a serious theory, or better, a corpus of theories, not a way to treat your husband like a fool, or complain because men won't let you park your car before they do. Many women are very confused about this, and simply think being feminist means females must be the first in everything, must benefit from a special status, especially when it comes to everyday's life. These women are usually the ones who are more conservative among all, and are usually the ones who can't realize when in fact they're being treated like inferior beings in more subtle ways, like it happens with the media. They like to think they have power, so they dress in a provocative way, use vulgarity as men do, pretend to obtain the best service in stores and when they go home they want their companions to wash dishes. But apart from that, they really have no idea about what being a woman is and what conquering the respect of the other sex as a woman means.
I agree with you completely. Most women are unaware what it is to be a feminist...to make it plain and simple, if you believe that females should be treated as equally as males, then you are a feminist. The wrong form of feminism and the whole "girl power" term have been highly overused and abused and the result is like what Panuru said: women who believe they are and should be above all the males, deserves better materials than males, find any sort of "offensive" or slightly derogatory comment as misogynistic or sexist. It's rather annoying.

Quote:
Racism against white people, just like any other ethnicity, is a very real thing and I have seen it all over the place.
That's true, racism against white people is real whether it's a black person or an Asian and I too have seen this sort of behavior. I see what you're saying, but considering that whites are a predominate majority, the remarks against them are either hush-hush or not widely spread.

Quote:
I have no doubt that your negative feelings about your father are justified. The mere fact that you mention you are afraid of people labeling your feelings as typical young adult angst shows that you have some kind of understanding of the difference between that, which would be more of a phase type thing, and what your emotions are actually based on.
I simply only wanted to clarify since even people I know face to face when I was a child or even now fail to "see" or get it.

Quote:
Meryl, I imagine when you have kids someday, you will make a good parent because you will know exactly what not to do. You seem the type of person to learn from experience and I doubt you would repeat the same mistakes. You are one of the more mature people your age that I know. Keep it up.. lol
Hehe, well I'll never have kids guranteed so that settles that, but thanks anyway. As for my "maturity", I'm just really anal that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
Jellyfish! Eek!
Oh man, Faile's mentioning of jellyfish reminded me of one of my hugest fears which I cannot believe I forgot! I'd like to send to Room 101:

Spiders. All of them, I don't care how rare they are or how profound of a discovery they are or how helpful they are (okay, unless maybe they can cure the most complicated diseases, but only then), they all just need to disappear! Eek indeed!

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old May 14th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #15
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg

Spiders. All of them, I don't care how rare they are or how profound of a discovery they are or how helpful they are (okay, unless maybe they can cure the most complicated diseases, but only then), they all just need to disappear! Eek indeed!
I'm 100% with you! I know they have their use in the natural world... but no thanks. No more spiders.

I suggest also:
Bad hair days.
Teen idols.
My father's sister - calling that witch aunt is too much.
Reality shows.
DVD players that don't work.
Spammers.
People who stick chewing gums everywhere.
Joseph Ratzinger aka Pope Benedict XVI - with all the serious matters there are, he wastes time condemning Harry Potter and cohabitation.
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #16
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
  1. Tetsuya Nomura
  2. Rainy summers
  3. George W Bush and his gang
  4. Soy ice-cream
  5. Pissing in the shower
  6. Pizza Hut
  7. All these Lohans/Hiltons/Richies and the stupid paparazzi who are always around them
  8. Smelly people

Quote:
I wanty to save this. I hate when I buy a cD or a game or a DVD and there's no plastic wrap. I hate when the jewel case/box is already full of scratches or fingerprints!

Last edited by Hylas; May 14th, 2006 at 05:13 PM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #17
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
  1. Tetsuya Nomura
What, you don't like sequels that have two sequels to go along with it already?
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #18
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Cancer

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #19
Zebraman

Zebraman is on a distinguished road
Bullies, drama queens, illegal hunting, sausages, disco music, The Da Vinci Code phenomenon, gossip.
Zebraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:18 AM   #20
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Oh, I just remembered something else...

- Sex and the City series. I want to send this filth of a show and anyone, anyone involved in it to the Room. Thanks to the brat mentioned in my first post, my sister and I had to suffer watching this utter trash for SO many days while she was visiting, oh excuse me, invading our home. I swear that I lost a part of my soul watching this shit that, apparently to that bimbo brat and millions of other bimbos in the world, is the perfect example of "feminists" in the world. HA! Those airheads in the show parade around portraying exactly all the things Panuru mentioned in her post about misused feminism: dressing provocatively, are in their thirties and still acting like schoolgirlish whores, swearing by designer brands, believing they are above men, yet still needs a man to love and take care of them, all the while trying to reflect upon such "deep thoughts" and "lessons learned in life" like "I wonder if those Jimmy Choo shoes are on sale yet?" Yeah, that's what's feminism is ALL about. And what bugged the shit out of me and made me laugh at the same time is that aforementioned brat turning to both my sister and I after the third season and saying so seriously, I quote: "These woman are soo smart, aren't they? They really know, I mean, you know, they like totally define, um...what girl power and the, uh, feminism pride and movement is all about, you know?"

Yeah, so this filth of a show to the very back of the room, please.

You Can Help