Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 02:40 AM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Insomnia

No, this ain't a thread about Al Pacino's movie, nor it is about the original (danish?) movie.

It's really something I can't stand, when I lie in bed unable to sleep. Now it's morning, I haven't closed an eye, and my head hurts. I'm sure I'll be tired and aching all day long, and it hurts my head even more the thought I won't be able to (try to) sleep till night comes again.

*sobs*

I'm desperate!

How can you fight this sense of frustration that being insomniac leaves after a night spent trying to sleep? Or am I the only one who's so exaggerate to be so drained and frustrated after a night like this? I thik daytime worries are the real reason I can't sleep, after all... but it sucks knowing it and not being able to do anything

Is there anybody else around here that occasionally suffer from this? Or somebody that cannot sleep at all at night?
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 04:02 AM   #2
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I know exactly what you're saying, the past week i haven't been able to sleep almost anything...i guess it's kind of like you said the daytime worries don't let me sleep...only that my worries come from a month or so when i had 2 deaths in my family in only 5 days wich carry me to be worry about one person that i love very much and that is pretty bad because one of those deaths was his mother (my ant) ...and if not sleeping wasn't enough i also lost weight ...i guess this went a litle far from what you're asking sorry..anyway unfortunatly lately i'm pretty much without sleeping as you...
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #3
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Yeh, I suffer from bouts of Insomnia, Most times Im awake till 12pm then finally the pain in my head stops as I doze off, but i dont sleep well either, waking up many times in the night, not getting peaceful sleep.
Sometimes Im up for 24 hrs or more if it gets me really badly, sometimes having little naps inbetween but thats about it, Its pretty sucky.
Im lucky not to be working at the moment so I dont have to worry about staying awake at work, but after xmas that will all change

Piggle
x x x x

Im sure Red will be along shortly to post....

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:16 AM   #4
Hylas
Now or Never

I can't say I'm pleased hearing someone else has my same problem now, but it feels slightly better knowing you're not alone, lol!

BTW, I'm so angry now... I feel very nervous, I'm not very pleasant these days. It must be the lack of sleep. But you know, people keep on asking "What's wrong?" and when you tell them "I can't close an eye" they say "It's nothing serious". I know it's not serious, that is a common problem, but to me is really bad being unable to be 100% active. I feel drained, probably because I've never experienced this before. I never have troubles falling asleep when I'm tired

My brother suggested hypnosis. Like if I knew someone willing to hypnotize me before I go to bed!
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:21 AM   #5
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I actully bring the insomia apon myself for being the night owl that i am. i usally stay up to sometime in the am even though im constantly told to get into bed but i dont so im not too bright
and then when i actully do get to sleep at a respectable hour im tossing and turning for about....3 hours this may not help you. but what really gets me to sleep is reading a good book it relaxes me after reading it for awhile and when i close my eyes. im usally asleep in the next 30 minutes or so.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:27 AM   #6
Hylas
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally posted by Beretta55

I actully bring the insomia apon myself for being the night owl that i am.
Yeah, I know what you mean. But you see, I used to stay up at night till morning too a lot of times, and I didn't call that insomnia at that time, because I wasn't tired or willing to sleep so badly. Even in cases in which I went to bed earlier and couldn't fall asleep after few moments, I wasn't feeling bad. Now, being insomniac is really frustrating, because you feel you can't sleep even if you're tired. Or maybe this is my version of being insomniac. I see a great difference between these things. Beretta I guess your way of acting could damage your sleeping schedules after a long time. You better take care of yourself
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:28 AM   #7
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Hylas

But you know, people keep on asking "What's wrong?" and when you tell them "I can't close an eye" they say "It's nothing serious".
I know exactly how you feel my mother says that i don't sleep becausee my dog sleeps in my bedroom so she's always saying take the dog out of there and you'll see and my dad he just that kind of person that acts like the only person to have problems is him like my problems are not serious....that makes me so angry
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:33 AM   #8
Hylas
Now or Never

Yes, this ain't often considered a serious health problem. And people around you say to change this and that, that it is because of dogs who are sleeping with you, because of blinds that aren't closed, that is because you've eaten something in particular and so on. The lack of sleep appears like a normal deficiency. But IMO, if something forces you to change your life habits against your will, or if it changes your way of acting, that to me is evidence it's pretty serious. I can't do anything these days because of it. I cannot study, I cannot go out with friends and all. Because I always feel like I'm going to explode.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #9
neomarik
Dark Angel Knight

neomarik is on a distinguished road
i know the feeling, i usually watch a movie or draw.

The time for redemption will come, and all shall be condemed forever into darkness.
neomarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 11:25 PM   #10
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
I used to suffer insomnia A LOT when I was 12-13. I didnt go to sleep for weeks at a time. I had 24 hour days day after day. Then all of a sudden one day I just went to sleep. Ever since then I've been a heavy sleeper. As a matter of fact I'm extremely sleepy right now.

People said it was from stress and I did stress myself out a lot at even such a young age. It was just thinking about stupid stuff. But eh, insomnia isnt really anything to worry about. If you really want to go to sleep I'd advise watching 24 hours of dateline.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 04:21 AM   #11
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Chara
But eh, insomnia isnt really anything to worry about.
I wouldn't say it's nothing to worry about. Depends on the person. Some people react to insomnia in a way some other people in another. It's like any other illness: the reaction depends on the person. For some people being unable to sleep is hell. I become a bit nervous after some time I'm awake, I lose concentration and also I don't feel very well on other levels (I have killer headaches etc.). For people who seem to be hyperactive like Hylas maybe it's even worse.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #12
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
For about eight nights in a row, i've been waking up at around 1 in the morning every night, and getting about an hour of sleep afterwards till i have to go to school or work. Sometimes i'd find myself staying up till like 3, then falling asleep at like 5, and waking up at 7. No matter when i fall asleep, i still seem to wake up at 7. A while ago, i tried to go to bed at about 8:30, but i didn't actually fall asleep till sometime around midnight or so, and still, i wake up at like 2.

But last night, finally, i got a decent nights sleep. I was soooooo happy. Anyways, that's my insomniac story.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 04:09 AM   #13
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I've read somewhere it's normal when you're growing up to occasionally suffer from insomnia. Teenagers often suffer from it sometimes. But when you're grown up it's a completely different story.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 12:52 AM   #14
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
I don't know. I think everybody sooner or later suffers from insomniac periods. But insomnia as a disturb is something that doesn't hit you for a day or two in a lifetime. In that case I don't think this should be considered insomnia. Insomnia is a chronic disease (I'm not a doctor, but I guess it can be considered like this). Sometimes you cannot sleep because you're worried, excited or simply because your body doesn't need too much rest. Seasonal changes can influence this too. Also hormones, I guess. And many other things you don't usually think as responsible for the lack of sleep. If it lasts for a long period of time and you're exhausted or feel really bad because you really can't sleep (you can't concentrate, you can't take care of your usual occupations, you feel your sight is getting worse, you suffer from constant migraines and other similar problems), that means the disturb is starting to rule your life and you need to see a doctor
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 07:01 AM   #15
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Its a bit of an annoyance. I'm crippled by it for parts of the year, normally when the season change. It often leads to me hearing and seeing things that aren't there.

eep!

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 06:40 AM   #16
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

I think I may summer from a mild case of it. However, for me, it's not all that vexing, since I only get small episodes of sleeless nights - it's not a prolonged thing, for the most part.

I know that for me, or at least I think so, the reasons for my sleeplessness are worries. I worry about even the most trivial things easily, and as a result I can't stop thinking about it at night.

Like Faile, I think it might be a seasonal thing too, for when we have drastic chages in wheather, I can't sleep.

For me, though, what helps is just lying down and thinking about "daydreams." Sounds weird, I know, but forcing yourself to sleep really does no good. Instead, by relaxing and thinking pleasantries, one may eventually be cleared and tranquil enough to sleep.

I hope this isn't bothering you anymore, Hylas (or anyone else).
It can be a big disturbance to be really tired and unable to sleep.

Hopefully it'll go away, and you'll be able to sleep all comfy again!
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 11:12 AM   #17
Hylas
Now or Never

I'm a lot better now. I have stayed away from the internet for some days and in the meantime I took some rest. I still have some troubles falling asleep at night, but not for 5 days or so in a row. Only now and then. It's a lot better!