Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Oct 11th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #1
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Angry Actors/Actresses you CANNOT stand!

I got this idea from the "Movies to avoid at all costs" thread from Panuru and Meryl. Now discuss!

_RED_

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I said I dislike Malkovich, Cruise, Gere and Robbins, but I admit these actors are good or they can do their job. It's just that for many reasons I find them irritating or I don't like their acting style or I dislike them as public figures.

There are actors I don't think can act at all. Most of them are actors of the newer generations.

Just to name one... I find Colin Farrell awful. He's like Chuck Norris, he's only got one facial expression or two. While Chuck Norris is funny because he's so excessive he's ridiculous, Colin Farrell isn't even funny. He's just unable to convey any emotion. To me he simply lacks any kind of charisma. I particularly hated him in Alexander. Thanks to him his character was so uninteresting I really got bored at some point of the movie. Also, thanks to Colin Farrell and his awful acting, another actor I usually can't stand, Val Kilmer, seemed extremely talented in the same movie.

I can add more, but before flooding the thread with more names, I'm waiting for Colin Farrell defenders to come and insult me
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Leonardo Di Caprio. Man, I hate him. I'm sure there are more, but he's always at the forefront of my venom.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #4
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Tom Cruise, John Malkovich, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio... i'm sure there's more, but those 4 are just really bad imo.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
Leonardo Di Caprio. Man, I hate him. I'm sure there are more, but he's always at the forefront of my venom.

Well, I’m probably going to regret opening my big mouth since it’s more than likely I’ll get insulted/get into argument but oh well here goes…

These are the actors/actresses I can’t stand because they are just annoying to me either their real life personality, acting skills, or both: (prepare yourself for a long list and please do not get offended as these are my opinions and my opinions only however harsh they may be)

Sean Penn: I’m sorry I can’t help it…people may think he’s a brilliant actor but his acting feels too overdone to me (lucky for me I don’t watch his movies because he’s rarely in anything I’d like to see). What really bothers me is his personality…his actions/attitudes causes me to dislike his acting; even if he were playing someone of a good character (like in “I am Sam” or whatever it’s called) my subconscious knows he’s annoying in real life, so it alters my judgment.

Jim Carrey: Sometimes I wonder who I dislike more, Jim Carrey or Robin Williams. My answer is definitely Jim Carrey. Sorry to his fans, but he’s so irritating that it’s intolerable to watch trailers of his films, let alone the real thing (but again I don’t watch his films). Sure, he was pretty good in “The Truman Show” because of his attempt at drama but, like Sean Penn, I can’t stand his real-life personality since everything in life is like a joke to him (sorry again but I cannot stand these type of people) so it still alters my judgment.

Mel Gibson: This guy gets on my nerves so much it’s unbelievable…he’s pretty much on par with Carrey. I just don’t understand why this guy thinks he’s so godly or insightful or worldly or whatever. You’re not man, you’re annoying, you’re arrogant, you’re condescending, you’re sarcastic, you’re rude…but hey, I’m probably the only person alive who feels this way.

Tom Cruise: I actually still like watching his old movies (like “A Few Good Men”, “Interview with a Vampire”) and some of his current films (like “Collateral”) because, like Panuru said, he’s still an okay actor. But his real life personality simply stinks; not to mention he’s hitting some sort of mid-mid-life crisis and acting like a complete retard. I wish he’d just shut up.

Catherine Zeta-Jones: A no brainer here, her acting sucks. I could care less about her personality, her acting just sucks. She was actually pretty okay in “Chicago” but that was only 1 film. So why don’t she go away?

Russell Crowe: Okay sure the guy can act pretty well (I was actually able to tolerate him in “Master and Commander” a really great film) but I don’t like him.

Kirsten Dunst: Thought she was really great in “Interview w/ a Vampire” so I figured she had potential as an actress but something happened along the way…adulthood. She’s so annoying now and incredibly lazy in her acting/posture/behavior…for a person in her twenties, she still really enjoys acting like a teenager. Grow the hell up already.

Jude Law: *puts up shield* I am aware every woman on the planet finds this guy absolutely fantastic looking (not me) but the guy is a pain in my side because he’s so smug and immature. If people can just look beyond his face and see how immature and devilish he is, then the guy wouldn’t be so well liked. But maybe people like that sort of personality in men, I don’t know.

Natalie Portman: *builds fortress* I liked her when she was a young girl/teenager…I haven’t seen “Leon the Professional” but I did see “Everyone Says I Love You” and I thought she was pretty good. I think her acting is okay now but because her personality and her overall face, yet again, bugs me I can’t really watch any of her films and think “Ooh, I really like her!”

Denzel Washington: Why do people think this guy can act? He acts the same in every film…opinionated and a know-it-all. Granted, I haven’t seen all of his films, but really now…he shows the same expression over and over again it seems. I also don’t like his personality…I can’t help but feel like he thinks he “deserves” a lot of things.

Others: Gwyneth Paltrow, Meryl Streep, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, John Malkovich, Lindsay Lohan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christina Ricci, Winona Ryder, Julia Roberts, Zhang Ziyi, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Bill Murray, Katie Holmes, Colin Farrell, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, Jack Black, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Edward Norton (though I liked “Fight Club”), Halle Berry, Clive Owen, Tobey Maguire, and probably many more.

Yes, I'm a person full of hate.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Oct 11th, 2006 at 11:59 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #6
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Wow.... haters.. j/k.

Uhh, I can't really think of too many because I rarely watch movies / shows these days. If I am watching a tv show, it's either Friends, 24 or the Cosby show (sometimes a Different World and My Wife and Kids)

Let's see... Jack Black is one. Leonardo Decaprio is another. That's about all I can think of.

At one point I did hate Denzel, still do, sorta. But after Training Day... "You shot me in my ass!" That whole scene was funny. I can mimic that all day.

Anyway, that's about it.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #7
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
The brothers Baldwin...nuff said.

Jean-Claud van Damme, every movie the same weak-ass moves and kicks.
Not even talking about his personal life.
Halle Berry, do I need to explain?? Irritates the hell out of me.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

*pointing at meryl's post rubbing eyes*

The words "Ben Affleck" and "actor" in the same post?! God... I'm always forgetting he's supposed to be an actor...
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #9
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
*pointing at meryl's post rubbing eyes*

The words "Ben Affleck" and "actor" in the same post?! God... I'm always forgetting he's supposed to be an actor...
Ben Affleck always made me think of a person with stinky feet. Everytime I watch his movies I'm influenced by this opinion. I find him disgusting!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #10
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Man though, I swear Affleck can act really, somewhere deep down. I really liked him in Chasing Amy. Since then, nada.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #11
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
Man though, I swear Affleck can act really, somewhere deep down. I really liked him in Chasing Amy. Since then, nada.
afleck was the bomb in phantoms, yo.

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #12
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg

Well, I’m probably going to regret opening my big mouth since it’s more than likely I’ll get insulted/get into argument but oh well here goes…

These are the actors/actresses I can’t stand because they are just annoying to me either their real life personality, acting skills, or both: (prepare yourself for a long list and please do not get offended as these are my opinions and my opinions only however harsh they may be)

Sean Penn: I’m sorry I can’t help it…people may think he’s a brilliant actor but his acting feels too overdone to me (lucky for me I don’t watch his movies because he’s rarely in anything I’d like to see). What really bothers me is his personality…his actions/attitudes causes me to dislike his acting; even if he were playing someone of a good character (like in “I am Sam” or whatever it’s called) my subconscious knows he’s annoying in real life, so it alters my judgment.

Jim Carrey: Sometimes I wonder who I dislike more, Jim Carrey or Robin Williams. My answer is definitely Jim Carrey. Sorry to his fans, but he’s so irritating that it’s intolerable to watch trailers of his films, let alone the real thing (but again I don’t watch his films). Sure, he was pretty good in “The Truman Show” because of his attempt at drama but, like Sean Penn, I can’t stand his real-life personality since everything in life is like a joke to him (sorry again but I cannot stand these type of people) so it still alters my judgment.

Mel Gibson: This guy gets on my nerves so much it’s unbelievable…he’s pretty much on par with Carrey. I just don’t understand why this guy thinks he’s so godly or insightful or worldly or whatever. You’re not man, you’re annoying, you’re arrogant, you’re condescending, you’re sarcastic, you’re rude…but hey, I’m probably the only person alive who feels this way.

Tom Cruise: I actually still like watching his old movies (like “A Few Good Men”, “Interview with a Vampire”) and some of his current films (like “Collateral”) because, like Panuru said, he’s still an okay actor. But his real life personality simply stinks; not to mention he’s hitting some sort of mid-mid-life crisis and acting like a complete retard. I wish he’d just shut up.

Catherine Zeta-Jones: A no brainer here, her acting sucks. I could care less about her personality, her acting just sucks. She was actually pretty okay in “Chicago” but that was only 1 film. So why don’t she go away?

Russell Crowe: Okay sure the guy can act pretty well (I was actually able to tolerate him in “Master and Commander” a really great film) but I don’t like him.

Kirsten Dunst: Thought she was really great in “Interview w/ a Vampire” so I figured she had potential as an actress but something happened along the way…adulthood. She’s so annoying now and incredibly lazy in her acting/posture/behavior…for a person in her twenties, she still really enjoys acting like a teenager. Grow the hell up already.

Jude Law: *puts up shield* I am aware every woman on the planet finds this guy absolutely fantastic looking (not me) but the guy is a pain in my side because he’s so smug and immature. If people can just look beyond his face and see how immature and devilish he is, then the guy wouldn’t be so well liked. But maybe people like that sort of personality in men, I don’t know.

Natalie Portman: *builds fortress* I liked her when she was a young girl/teenager…I haven’t seen “Leon the Professional” but I did see “Everyone Says I Love You” and I thought she was pretty good. I think her acting is okay now but because her personality and her overall face, yet again, bugs me I can’t really watch any of her films and think “Ooh, I really like her!”

Denzel Washington: Why do people think this guy can act? He acts the same in every film…opinionated and a know-it-all. Granted, I haven’t seen all of his films, but really now…he shows the same expression over and over again it seems. I also don’t like his personality…I can’t help but feel like he thinks he “deserves” a lot of things.

Others: Gwyneth Paltrow, Meryl Streep, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, John Malkovich, Lindsay Lohan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christina Ricci, Winona Ryder, Julia Roberts, Zhang Ziyi, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Bill Murray, Katie Holmes, Colin Farrell, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, Jack Black, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Edward Norton (though I liked “Fight Club”), Halle Berry, Clive Owen, Tobey Maguire, and probably many more.

Yes, I'm a person full of hate.
You really do dislike one of the best in the business. But opinion is an opinion I guess. But damn. And disliking seanpenn when you dont even watch his movies........just doesn't stand a good reason of not liking him.

Tim Robbins and Edward Norton (One of the best actors).....in my opinion, its hard to see anyone not liking their acting.

And the reasons you have given about each and every actor, seems like you know them in person and hang out with them on a daily basis. Remember they may have played a certain character in a movie that you didn't like but cant judge their personility and nature by it. Just mentioning.

As for annoying actors (in terms of their acting = not great actors or movie makers.) --> Kevin Smith, have seen all his movies, and didn't like any of it, he is overhyped and well, just full of luck. It seems like even if he makes a movie by putting his camera in a garbage can, his fans will go nuts and think its a master piece. Hmmm.........No.

Danzel, I agree with Meryl, his acting is the same and he is doing the same kind of roles in all his movies now......how about a comedy Danzel, be more versatile buddy. Seriously!.!.! And he is acting the same way, if someone who hasn't seen any of his movies and we show them random movies, I am sure they would think its the same movie with different part of the scenes. Thats pretty bad.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #13
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
I know! You guys may not know this but he was already acting when he was a young kid...he was in a TV series called "Voyage of the Mimi." I had to see the entire series in my 6th grade science class (it's a show about geography and boating) so that's how I know. He actually wasn't such a bad child actor but, like Dunst, he grew up and went downhill, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
And disliking seanpenn when you dont even watch his movies........just doesn't stand a good reason of not liking him.
Like I said earlier, I knew I was going to regret opening my mouth, but oh well too late, good going meryl.

It's because I don't like Sean Penn which is why I don't watch his movies. And if we go by your reasoning, just because someone can act I'm supposed to like them? Okay then, so I think Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe can act, but do I like them? No, they're on my list. I like Scarlett Johanssen but I think her acting ranges from bad to awful. So, I'm supposed to hate her guts? I think Catherine Zeta-Jones couldn't act her way out of a paper bag and, although I said I could care less about her personality, I honestly don't like her either even if I were to care.

I don't like Sean Penn because I can "read" people's faces (believe it if you want to or not) so to me, based on what I see, he's just not likeable. He always acts like he's too good for this world or something. I did try giving him a chance (perhaps I was wrong in my judgment which I admit does happen) so I read an interview on him in "Premiere" magazine when "Mystic River" was coming out. I don't remember what he said, but I think he was complaining about how he wished he could stop acting or some other complaint about loathing acting. After reading it, all I can think is "Okay, so why don't you just go away then?" and so my dislike for him deepened. He also always came off as really uptight and "overly touchy" and guess what? During the Oscars when Chris Rock was making a joke about Jude Law being in every movie in the past year, Penn comes sourly onto the stage and sticks up for Law, ruining the mood of the joke (hello? It was an obvious joke...I'm uptight as well but if Rock said that about me, I'd be laughing my ass off too because it's true!). When he did that, it only confirmed what I already suspected about him (being uptight, etc.) way before the Oscar incident. And even if I were to watch all of his movies (which btw, it’s not like I’m not aware of which films he did, like "Mystic River," "Fast Times at Ryder High" or whatever it's called and others) it would end up that I still wouldn't like him anyway. And I did see "Mystic River" and I didn't find him very powerful or his acting as great as many people said he was. And he also made an appearance on "Friends" which is supposed to be a comedic role and I still didn't find him very funny...he just seemed annoying to me in that episode, I'm sorry. If people feel he is one of the greatest actors of all time, then that's fine and dandy but I don't have to agree. If people find him the nicest, most intellectual guys on the planet, then that's fine and dandy but I don't have to agree.

Quote:
And the reasons you have given about each and every actor, seems like you know them in person and hang out with them on a daily basis. Remember they may have played a certain character in a movie that you didn't like but cant judge their personility and nature by it. Just mentioning.
I knew I was going to get accused like this. But you know, you're absolutely right, I shouldn't judge their personality because I don't hang out with them or live with them or anything. But like I said earlier, I can "read" people so based on what I see, I don't like what I see about these people. I don’t judge these people just because they played a villain in every single movie (I would simply think they have a lack of range instead ). And like with Penn, it's not like I don’t try to give them a chance. For some of those that I dislike, I read or watch interviews and listen carefully to what they say and, in the end, I still don't like them. All in all, if they seem irritating to me then I won't like them until something really drastic happens. And if you think what I said about everyone is harsh and bitchy, then you’re wrong because what I wrote is actually really nice and almost complimentary compared to what my sister would say...

Quote:
Danzel, I agree with Meryl, his acting is the same and he is doing the same kind of roles in all his movies now......how about a comedy Danzel, be more versatile buddy. Seriously!.!.! And he is acting the same way, if someone who hasn't seen any of his movies and we show them random movies, I am sure they would think its the same movie with different part of the scenes. Thats pretty bad.
Precisely. That's why I couldn't understand why he won an Oscar...what, just because he played the same role only as a bad guy...?

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Oct 13th, 2006 at 09:12 PM..
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #14
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Even though I couldn't think of many actors/tress, there are a few more I just thought about, 1 when I saw a preivew of his new movie. Will Farrell, bah.. I'm probably alone with this one because I didn't like him on Saturday Night Live... or was that Mad TV.... (it's been so long since I've watched both shows, till I don't remember which is which.)

Drew Barrymore (Berrymore?) - She's probably cool in person, but watching her movies drove me crazy. All she did was cry and be stupid. Everytime I look at Scream, I can't help but say, "crying dumbass"

Hmm... I'll come back with more, but at the moment I can't think of anyone.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #15
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I don't like Scarlett Johansson at all. I find her very unnatural. Same for Keira Knightley. She seems more concerned with her pout than with her acting.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:20 PM   #16
Aubrey McFatum

Aubrey McFatum is on a distinguished road
Keanu Reeves: totally insipid. If you take away the "coolness" he's really unable to act.

Orlando Bloom: awful when he's not the sidekick of some more talented actor.

Heath Ledger: I just hate everything about him, from his way of moving to his expressions to his way of talking.

Russel Crowe: it's pure and simple antipathy. Can't be helped.

Kirsten Dunst: she was ok, but I agree with meryl that she's not that young anymore to be that kind of teenager-wannabe actress. Now she's become annoying.

Katie Holmes: that horrible smile of hers. And all the things that have been said about Dunst, more or less.

John Wayne: yes, you can disagree with me, but I can't stand him.

Sandra Bullock: she's so uninspiring I can't stop yawning whenever I see her. Her face and posture also annoy me.

Marilyn Monroe: she's so fake. I don't find her sexy at all, and if you take this away, there's not much left.

Do you believe in God?
The question is does God believe in me?

Aubrey McFatum

Last edited by Aubrey McFatum; Oct 22nd, 2006 at 11:22 PM..
Aubrey McFatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:13 PM   #17
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom

Drew Barrymore (Berrymore?) - She's probably cool in person, but watching her movies drove me crazy. All she did was cry and be stupid. Everytime I look at Scream, I can't help but say, "crying dumbass"
I like Barrymore. Not that I am a fan or anything, but I think she has the good quality of not taking herself too seriously.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM   #18
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey McFatum
Keanu Reeves: totally insipid. If you take away the "coolness" he's really unable to act.

Orlando Bloom: awful when he's not the sidekick of some more talented actor.

Heath Ledger: I just hate everything about him, from his way of moving to his expressions to his way of talking.

Russel Crowe: it's pure and simple antipathy. Can't be helped.

Kirsten Dunst: she was ok, but I agree with meryl that she's not that young anymore to be that kind of teenager-wannabe actress. Now she's become annoying.

Katie Holmes: that horrible smile of hers. And all the things that have been said about Dunst, more or less.

John Wayne: yes, you can disagree with me, but I can't stand him.

Sandra Bullock: she's so uninspiring I can't stop yawning whenever I see her. Her face and posture also annoy me.

Marilyn Monroe: she's so fake. I don't find her sexy at all, and if you take this away, there's not much left.
Good choices and I pretty much agree with you except Reeves - sometimes I feel he can act but it's true that a lot of times, he can't...but I don't mind him though. I also don't mind Bullock either, but only in movies...in real life, I don't think I'd like her.

You Can Help

Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:11 PM   #19
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Nobody mentioned Guy Pearce. I don't know what's wrong with this guy, but I don't like him at all. Him, Matt Damon, Jake Gyllenhaal and the two Fiennes brothers. They annoy me so much!
I also dislike Nicole Kidman lately. She looks more like a mannequin than a real woman on screen. I don't like Lucy Liu, Heather Graham and Gwyneth Paltrow either. Women that to me seem to not have any kind of appeal.
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #20
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

The Casino Royale thread just reminded me among others I totally hate Eva Green. She's awfully tedious and irritating. That droopy eyes... I can't stand them.