Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Mar 19th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #1
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Knock Knock Anybody Home?

Hello everyone. How are we all doing? I was kinda curious who still checks in here from time to time and who checks in once a month or more.

I am definitely closer to the once per month. I am currently teaching Grade 6 in Manitoba Canada. I still play my PS3 from time to time but have no more recently invested my time in a terribly but addicted online social game called Second Life.

It has never been a better time to be a PS3 owner and I was thinking to myself just a day ago about how I had not been here forever and yet there is so much to talk about. So many great titles, so many great games still to come. Its a great time to be a sony fan.

Anyway, how is everyone? Who is still here? Lets have a party!

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Hey JJ,

we still check and clean-up the forum from spam every day. As you said, few other members are still visiting once in a while, but it is nice to see people remember of this place. A lot of communities survive to the lack of activity of a website, but these forums were built around the website, and from there we got all our traffic.

Anyhow, we have an update here for the community. About the content, we are still undecided about the direction we should be going. The internet has changed a lot, and we cannot afford anymore to work on the website full time as we did in the past. Back in 2001-2004, it took 4 people to run the website, and many people helping to keep things running; monthly costs were very high, and revenue from ads was very low and never enough to repay the expenses and the work (ironically, with the traffic we had in 2001-2004, we would be making thousands of dollars today, even by just using Google Ads and the eBay affiliate program, according to my direct experience with some of the websites we worked for).

The idea is of revamping the community, and then work on a content area that is more based on user contributions, even though some members will keep their editorial role.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #3
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Hey all! Yes, still pop my head by too!

The internet is a strange ocean to sail (me hearties, arrr!!!). Ever tulmutious, ever changing. It's a real shame you weren't able to reap the financial rewards of your hardwork back along, but I'm sure and I really do have faith that eventually you'll find the path to that reward. However, you're already critically acclaimed so worry not about that!

As for gaming, I'm personally all about the 360! Very usable, well priced. However, am thinking about the ps3, if only for the full HD possibilities. With my eyes getting ever worse, you come to appreciate a good picture...

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #4
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Hey Moo, yeah i check in fairly often, usually once a week or so. Dont post much since there can be 2 months between posts lol. But still there are a decent amount of people who pop in off and on. And yes im actually loving my 360 more and more, best $65 i ever spent! May get a really nice laptop between now and the end of the year, but this pc just keeps humming along really nice so it may be further still! Keep busy and hang out when you can!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Very strange ocean indeed! The years 2001-2004 were the ones with lowest paying ad campaigns in the history of the Internet; a lot of tools available in these days to help webmasters were not available. We managed to get a lot of traffic with zero money in our pockets, but traffic did not come with advertising revenue. In these days, with the stats we had in 2001-2003, we would have made more than enough to get things going smoothly.

But we will figure something out... if we manage to make the website pay for the server cost (we paid hundreds of dollars every month when activity was high), then it would already be a success.

We also took note that a lot of our old visitors switched platform or are now interested in multiple platforms, so the website might go multi-platform. This said, we do not aim at creating a multi-platform bland community like many others, but something with quality content that goes beyond "this game rulez", like these forums used to be.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 05:44 AM   #6
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I still pop my head in every once in awhile. For the most part I'm just not as super big into foruming as I use to be. This place however did make a big impression on me and truly has an awesome community. Even if it's not as active as it use to be I still think of the friends I've made here and the conversations that have been shared. I think it says something for how great the people here that I was willing to share some fairly heady stuff happening in my personal life and turning to them for advice, it's a community of great members but as time wears on things change, people get busy or they simply just feel like dropping from the net for awhile. I'll be here till the end though and I have mad respect for Harry and others who have kept this place up and running.

On gaming though, I haven't had a PS3 for at least a year now. My brother's PS3 broke and I let him borrow it for awhile till he gets a new one well a year has past and he still has it. I haven't really played my own PS3 seriously since the first Uncharted and was only able to play the sequel by playing it at my friend’s house. I personally go towards the 360 though, I get a lot of mileage out of the online service and I'm a bit of an achievement whore.
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM   #7
goodman

It seems like most genre's in games nowadays are multiplatform so its likely that any forum would have to include both the 360 and the ps3. The Wii is so different from the other two consoles it pretty much is in a whole different league lol. I know in the U.S. that the 360 is still fairly much the console of choice for a good deal of games, if you check sales of multiplats in 9 out of 10 games the 360 outsells ps3 by about 25%. Im looking forward to seeing the sales figures for march to see how well the 360 version of FFXIII did against the ps3 version. Im getting ready to hope onto modern warfare 2 as we speak!
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #8
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I am very much only about the PS3 still. My roomate has a 360 and I play it from time to time, but have never wanted to get my own mostly due to the constant problems he has with his. Now that hes past his warrenty he says its one and done for him. So the way its going it won't be long before I don't have one to play anymore.

I decided to use my ps3 after posting the first comment and got the platninum trophy on Uncharted 2. I now have 14 plats. (yes i was a bit of a trophy whore at first) I really enjoyed Uncharted 2 and is by far the greatest game I have ever played. I know thats saying a lot with such great games out there. However to be fair I have not played many games in 2010 yet.

My backlog is getting rediculous. I still have to finish Bioshock 1 and as terrible as that experience has been (sorry its just a terrible game) I am determined to finish it. I want to go back and replay GTA4 to get teh platnium for it too. With games like God of War III now out though, I just may never get to them.

As for the sales thing goodman, its amazing to see the continued support of MS's 360 in the US. What supprises me further is that other then the US and the UK, the PS3 is outselling in the rest of the world. It looks like the $299 price tag really made a difference. Like for example the last two months the 360 outsold the PS3 in North America, but in just 2 weeks in Japan, not only did the difference in sales get met, they passed thsoe in North America and still with 2 weeks to go in the month.

Its been a great generation to be a gamer thats for sure cause all this compatition and rivallry has lead to some great games. It will be interesting to see however how long it will take the PS3 to overtake the 360 in sales world wide. Could be as early as next summer based on what I am here and the sales trends. The poor internet will go bezerk with crazy fanboys at that moment.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #9
goodman

Yeah it will be interesting mr. moo. Ive had my 360 for about a year and a half now, with no glitches (knock on wood) as of now. I think the ps3 has done a lot better, also, with the price drop and overall is a real quality system. When the 360 dropped the arcade down to 199 it brought a lotta sales and last christmas they were easy to find for 100, making it easy to see why there are so many in the u.s. After almost 4 years of hanging out in forums with this pc im close to considering a new high powered laptop to maybe launch a career into starcraft 2 when it releases. Ive been hesitant because this lil pc does a great job for just hanging on the internet and downloading music (amazon of course). And other than a bit of gaming its kinda hard to see plinking down 1k for a new pc. But this one is really nice, if and when i get it i will post a link or some pics. Hope all's well here at ps2f!
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #10
goodman

Ps3 had a great month in march, doing superb sales with both god of war 3 and final fantasy xiii taking top honors and selling over a million copies each. And yes the ps3 version of ffxiii sold much better than the 360. Kudos to ps3!
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM   #11
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

Whats even more amazing about march is that even with the massive shortages of the PS3 around NA it still managed to sell 300,000 plus. With one week of sales in Japan added in and World Wide the PS3 actual gains Month after Month, which if anyone said that 2 years ago would be happening right now nobody would believe them. Well other then me, but thats just cause Harry and crew have branded me with Playstation from letting me work here all those years. But I love them for it

I just think what the sales would have been like with full stock of PS3's all over. I can see that turning around here shortly though since March was Sonys Year End, and they would be waiting for April to "Sell" their PS3s to the stores since it would count towards next years totals. They already more then sold their 13 Million consoles they expected this year.

I also wouldnt be surprised though if the numebrs stayed low for a couple more months with the launch of PLaystation Move likely to be included with PS3 bundles. They may not want a bunch of PS3's on the shelf when the Move does release.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old May 2nd, 2010, 04:26 PM   #12
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Hey all! Good to see some discussion going on again eh? haha. This is the first time checking in since maybe January, but otherwise I usually stop by at least once a month to see what's going on...according to the forum though, I haven't logged in since June 2009 =p Thinking about it now, I first joined the site/forum right before high school, and now I'm just ending my 4th year in college and going on to my 5th (in English, no less. I started out with Computer Science, but that ended horribly). But props to Harry and all for still keeping it alive

At this point in my life, I've accumulated every relevant system/portable except for the Wii... if only because I've also got a HUGE backlog to go around as it is already. PS3 is still my #1 though, since I've mainly been playing FFXIII on it, which so far I have some mixed opinions about . Before that I was playing Heavy Rain, which I thought was awesome and totally happy that it broke the million seller mark recently; and I also have been thinking about jumping back into some Uncharted 2 multiplayer soon. And jjmoohead, man I gotta admit, I still check your PSN profile on my friends list once in awhile just to see what new games you have platinum'd lately... I look up to you as far as trophy whoring goes haha.

As for my 360, I haven't been doing much with it in the last few weeks, and when I do play it's usually Mass Effect 1 or Fallout 3 (my God that game's a beast. I started it in Dec 08' but I've always been playing it off-and-on since then). Much more of my time has been spent on the PC, and while I don't have a powerhouse of a system, it's decent enough to run Bad Company 2 and EVE Online - all of which I play with my housemates here. But other than that, I agree: It's an awesome time to be gaming right now.

If any of you wants to shoot me an add on anything, here's the breakdown:

Steam: theGLOVEbomb
Xbox Live: theGLOVEbomb
PSN: Gunslinger_G
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #13
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

HAHA, its funny that you mention me trophy whoring. You should see my latest PLAT. Admitedly though my niece has been spening lots of time at my house so we have been playing some kid games together lately.

I am so very close on Tiger Woods 10, NHL 10, Assasins Creed 2 (ok not close but another week or so) and Rush Hour:Anarcy. I should have all of them in the next few weeks, depending on if I pick up any new games.

For example I was at an EB games on the weekend and picked up EAT LEAD and WWE Legends for $15 each and have already done about 30% on each of those, so I will probably do those before I finish NHL 10.

I should be level 14 by next weekend depending on how much gaming I can get in. TO think, if I had not taken 3 months off of playing, I might have been up there with some of these crazy people who have like 70 Plats lol.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #14
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Wow, I cant even remember the last time I was on here.... But it brings back good times indeed. I remember logging onto this site multiple times a day to keep up with everything but now I come on every few months. It does make me sad that it isnt as active as it used to be. Nothing exciting has been going on with me. Still a RE fan, of course lol. I have all the next gen systems. I play xbox 360 more than ps3 and the wi...i well lets just say its a good paper weight lol. I work full time at starbucks, still not sure what I want to do in life. I thought Id have it figured out by now but not yet. Hopefully soon I will.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #15
Harry
Administrator

Hello!

Nice to see old timers coming here to say hello once in a while. Yes, I think a lot of people in these forums moved their interests elsewhere. I saw that some are active in other forums (we do work for third parties), others simply moved to other platforms, others are no longer into gaming. The idea of moving the forums to a different structure covering all platforms, and to a different forum software is still there, but we do not have the time and money to stop working on paying jobs and resurrect the website.

We tried sending out an e-mail to people registered in the forums and to our newsletter asking for feedback about a possible relaunch, but we had just a few replies, and all of them from very loyal members like you that once in a while still come here to say hello.
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #16
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
If I had even the vaguest recollection of what email I used to sign up on this site I'd go check and leave some feedback but for the moment it escapes me.

I still visit this place at least a week, because I still love this site and the people in it but like all things time changes everything. Hell, I sometimes even go back and read previous topics so I can look back at some of the conversations we all had.

I'm all up for a site relaunch, I'll still be around I'm not exactly the busiest man around so I have a bit more free time to check the site and to remember to check in the first place.

But if it doesn't pan out we'll always have the memories. I wouldn't trade'em for anything.
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:54 AM   #17
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I also come but I don't know why I never post. I'm afraid nobody would reply
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM   #18
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I still come in at least once a month. I would come back everyday multiple times if the site ever took off again. I would even start reviewing again. Honestly I miss it.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #19
Harry
Administrator

I wish we had the resources to do that! As we were discussing also with goodman, a relaunch would need some unique features. We have things in mind, but development would take some weeks of full time work which we currently cannot afford. I do not think that simply throwing a new forum software and a new forum structure would be enough to revive the website.
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 04:12 AM   #20
goodman

Many forums are just kinda "hanging on" as we speak. The forum i originally learned about this one from, psxe, is still alive, but it is funded pretty well and has pretty much full time game tester/reviewers. But the one i sent you, Harry, a while back, is still doing great. This time of year, with the holidays, they do especially well, since they are all over the game sales. I got my 360 two years ago when i got in on a quick sale thread about amazon (the sale was over in about an hr). There are still a lot of dedicated gamers out there, without a doubt a full fledged worldwide format is the way to go! Hope all is well with our long time friends here at ps2f!!!