Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:36 AM   #341
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman
Playing Zone Of Enders Second Runner for ps2. Outstanding game, Kojima goodness wrapped around a great sci-fi scenario. Ive had this game sitting on a shelf for over 4 years now, figured it was time to check er out and im glad i did. Have several quality ps2 titles im still looking to get into and i will mention each as i get into them!
Second Runner was such an awesome game and improved so much over the original - I played through it 3 times before I had my fill of it. Reminds me that Konami should get crackin' at Zone of the Enders 3 once MGS4 is finally out...
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:39 AM   #342
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dude
Patapon for the PSP.

If you own a PSP, get this game. Its a terribly addicting and very unique game. If anything, give the demo a shot. Wow.
Ah, same here. I'm about 8 hours into it I think, and learned that "dodge" song recently. Pata Pata Pata Pon!
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #343
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Ok so I finished Assassins Creed. I spent an entire weekend on it, had no plans, no ambition to do anything special so I saved some money and stayed in. I must say I am really glad that I gave this game a second chance. The first few times I tried to play it I didn't play for more then 30 minutes and maybe once a week. What ended up happening was that by the time I played it a week later I had forgotten how to do most of the moves and I did not enjoy the experience. However this time it was different as I invested 4 straight hours into the game right from the start. I deleted my old save file and started over. I was able to understand the story, how to play the game better and how to actually complete my tasks. I had a great time with this game and would recommend it to anyone.

I also just received Devil May Cry 4. I am now on Mission 3 and enjoy it thus far. I have not been a huge fan of this series as I have only played the first DMC and not the other 2. However living in the middle of no where with nothing to do, I figured it was a good investment.

I would also like to get Turning Point Fall of Liberty, but I have not been able to find it thus far. If anyone has played it let me know how it is.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #344
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Condemned 2 : Bloodshot for 360. I rented this game. I have the first one and I enjoyed it. I mean it wasnt an awesome game but it kept my interest. I rented the 2nd one to see if I would enjoy it more and I do so far. Some parts make me jump and my breathing gets fast. Its definitely a game to play in the dark.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #345
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

I recently finished God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PSP and wow what a game that was. It's particularly short (I clocked on at about 6 hours), but it plays almost exactly like the previous games on the PS2, which is no small feat. There are a bunch of challenges and movies to unlock afterward, but clearly there is no other PSP game out there as polished and fulfilling as GOW right now...we'll see if that changes once Crisis Core comes down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REChick14
Condemned 2 : Bloodshot for 360. I rented this game. I have the first one and I enjoyed it. I mean it wasnt an awesome game but it kept my interest. I rented the 2nd one to see if I would enjoy it more and I do so far. Some parts make me jump and my breathing gets fast. Its definitely a game to play in the dark.
I just tried out the demo on the PSN today, and I liked what I saw. The atmosphere is creepy, and the fighting is brutally satisfying to use. Question though: considering it's a sequel, does the story from the first have any huge bearing on this game? Even playing the demo of the first level, I felt like I was missing some important background information...and obviously as a PS3 owner, there really is no way to play catch up on the original Condemned.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #346
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSphere
I recently finished God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PSP and wow what a game that was. It's particularly short (I clocked on at about 6 hours), but it plays almost exactly like the previous games on the PS2, which is no small feat. There are a bunch of challenges and movies to unlock afterward, but clearly there is no other PSP game out there as polished and fulfilling as GOW right now...we'll see if that changes once Crisis Core comes down the road.

I just tried out the demo on the PSN today, and I liked what I saw. The atmosphere is creepy, and the fighting is brutally satisfying to use. Question though: considering it's a sequel, does the story from the first have any huge bearing on this game? Even playing the demo of the first level, I felt like I was missing some important background information...and obviously as a PS3 owner, there really is no way to play catch up on the original Condemned.
As a huge Condemned fan, with it being my first 360 title I have to tell you that yes, the original story does have a lot of bearing into this game. It picks up where the first left off, I'm sure you would still be able to enjoy it without the first one but having all that background information is nice.

The original Condemned did come out for the PC, so you could try to play it that way. If all else fails I'm sure somebody has a walkthrough of the game on youtube, that way you could see the entire game. Or maybe even read a plot analysis.

I picked up Condemned 2 for the PS3 today and I'm about to give it a go, hopefully it lives up to the first since Condemned has to be one of my favorites of all time.
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM   #347
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Feels like it's been a long time since I've actually played a game that's not a rpg. (I so dearly miss my Devil May Cry games... That's okay, I'ma getcha back soon)

DBZ: Budokai 3. Perhaps the best one in the series. I've yet to play BT2 or 3, and probably will give them a rent here or there.. (actually buy BT2 since it's pretty cheap now.) But I did play BT1, and I didn't really care for the game all that well.

Anyways, I can't actually play Budokai 3 yet because I'm waiting on a ps2 controller. (From either my god brother, or the mail... whichever comes first) Back when I had B3, my brother was using the controller to fight against me, and that led me to believe that I didn't need a ps2 controller to play in Dragon Universe (I think that's what it's called). Boy was I wrong. (Had I known, I wouldn't have bought it.)

I've pratically just been playing in the World Tournament, and I have between 30-33% of the capsules unlocked as well as every starting character's moveset. (except Nappa's Ultimate)

So you can bet I'm pretty bored with this game at the moment until I get a controller . Unfortunately, I can't play anything else... (Other than FF7, but I'm putting that on hold for the time being.) Don't have any other games for the time being. (Trade-in and whatnot lol.)

Last edited by Phenom; Mar 22nd, 2008 at 10:39 PM..
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #348
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I picked up Hot Shots Golf 5 today, let me tell you what, that game is freaking fun. The only lobby is really cool too. I will go into more detail later, must play!!!

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #349
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
I just finished Heavenly Sword. That truly was one of the best games I've played, both visually and game play. I really don't understand why people put it down as a bad game when the only thing that is "bad" is its length. Other than that I don't see a single problem with it, and the cutseens blew me away. So I'm going to wrap up the rest of the challenges in that eventually.

Wild Arms XF is looking promising as well. I'm only about an hour or two into that one, but am enjoying it quite a bit. Its been a long time since I've played a tactics rpg. It comes off as a very refreshing tactics game, which is probably what brought my attention to it.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #350
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead
I picked up Hot Shots Golf 5 today, let me tell you what, that game is freaking fun. The only lobby is really cool too. I will go into more detail later, must play!!!
I want to try this game as well! I love the Hot Shots Golf series and am curious to know how the Sixaxis controls. More details on this game would be a welcome.

Currently playing Super Smash Bros Brawl and House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return for the Wii. I think I like SSBB more than SSBM maybe because of the additional games from Nintendo that I'm more familiar with (Brain Age theme, Animal Crossing stage/music, etc.). Being an MGS fan, I was vigorously trying to unlock Snake for the roster and after doing so, I had a blast playing as him.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 is pretty fun though the whole calibration/control issue with the Wiimote was nightmarish at first. I still crack up at the robotic voices and cheesy dialogue though: "We-'re-meeting-G-over-there"

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 02:59 AM   #351
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
I want to try this game as well! I love the Hot Shots Golf series and am curious to know how the Sixaxis controls. More details on this game would be a welcome.

Currently playing Super Smash Bros Brawl and House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return for the Wii. I think I like SSBB more than SSBM maybe because of the additional games from Nintendo that I'm more familiar with (Brain Age theme, Animal Crossing stage/music, etc.). Being an MGS fan, I was vigorously trying to unlock Snake for the roster and after doing so, I had a blast playing as him.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 is pretty fun though the whole calibration/control issue with the Wiimote was nightmarish at first. I still crack up at the robotic voices and cheesy dialogue though: "We-'re-meeting-G-over-there"
The voice acting of House of the Dead 2 and 3 is why I love it so. "JAMES! STOP THE CHAOS IN THE CITY FROM INCREASING!" "Dogs of AMS, time they made a move!"

It's epic.

Right now I'm playing Dark Sector for the PS3 and it's pretty awesome. I also rented Army of Two and Viking: Battle for Asgard on the PS3. As well as beating Obscure: The Aftermath for the Wii two days ago.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #352
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
LOL, I love it too...the voices are truly campy but I think the HotD series is the only game where the cheesy voice acting actually is fitting and memorable.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #353
Phenom

Been playing Final Fantasy 7. I'm near the end of the 2nd disc. My current party is Cloud (62), Yuffie (52-53) and Vincent (57-58). Right now I'm trying to breed Chocobo's, but I'm having the hardest time trying to get a green chocobo. I either keep getting a regular looking chocobo, or a blue chocobo.

For a while, I even had a hard time trying to find the chocobo sage.

I'm also having a hard time trying what to figure out what to buy next. I've been having a huge craving to play Kingdom Hearts 2 again. (Them cutscenes are too good.) And then I have the opportunity to buy Tales of the Abyss. It seems to be one of them rare games.

My current budget is $45. Me being cheap and whatnot, I can't help but jump at the fact that I get get 2 games. (Kingdom Hearts 2 and ......) And then with Tales of the Abyss's price currently at $32, and no telling when it'll go out of stock again.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #354
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
^^ buy Crisis Core. it owns.

Last edited by Vic Viper; Apr 16th, 2008 at 09:31 PM..
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #355
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

I beat Dark Sector for the PS3 a little while ago. It was pretty awesome, I liked it. Beat Army of Two as well with my buddy in co-op and that game was great too. Viking however was very, very lame and I lost interest in quickly.

I exchanged my 360 a few days ago and have been playing it a lot. I've been switching from Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Call of Duty 4.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #356
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
^^ buy Crisis Core. it owns.
Sure, if you buy me a PSP?
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #357
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
Burnout Paradise has consumed my life.
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #358
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I have been playing a lot of Hot Shots Golf 5, its been a blast. The online is great, although if your not a patient person it could be aggravating.

I also picked up GT5P today and am busting through that. I also got some more song for rockband, but I broke my drums so I have to wait for some new ones to be delivered to me.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM   #359
Phenom

Devil May Cry 3 just arrived in the mail today. Along with Kingdom Hearts 2.

It feels great to get back into the action games again. (hack n slash for me) It seems like it's been ages since I've last played one, and it shows, too, because I've certainly forgot how to play (just a tad bit) so to speak.

Part of it is because of the controller I have. I was given one these controllers where it's see through, but it has a different look to the normal controller. (L2+R2 buttons are further behind the L and R1 buttons) And then the other part is getting used to the game again. Not having Air Hike as well as not being able to go into Devil Trigger takes a bit of getting used to.

It also feels funny not being able to play as Vergil. (I "had" the Special Edition for a bit.) But everything is coming back fairly quick though. I got my first S ranking, and so I'm a bit satifisfied at the moment.

Playing this game (and the special edition) in and out back then, it's not as nearly as hard as I remembered to be.

I plan on rebuying majority of the games I previously had before moving onto any new games (or consoles), starting with the DMC3: SE
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #360
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I have completed the story line in GTA4 this weekend. It took me about 35 hours to do so, but that also included a couple side missions like stealing some cars. I will say that the game was pretty fun. Probably the best of the GTA games. I still don't think it was a 10 out of 10 game. It is a great game in so many ways, but there are so many areas that could have improved aswell that left me feeling a bit unsatisfied. Part of it was the story line and definitely the ending was a pretty bad. It felt like there was this big lead up to something great and it wasn't. At least not for me.

There are a couple different endings and I have seen 2 of them. Not sure if there is more. I won't tell you any thing about it cause I don't want to ruin it for you. Just cause the ending wasn't great, doesn't mean that rest of the game isn't worth the effort to get to the ending though. Graphics were not wonderful, but they were good. The cars looked nice too. The voice acting was pretty impressive and the general feel of the game was well done. My only complaint was the cars handling. It wasn't the best driving experience out there, but after playing for 30+ hours you tend to forget that you didn't enjoy the experience for the first 2-3 hours.

I now have 3 weeks before MGS4 which will give me time to get through Resistance. I borrowed a copy from a guy here and now I have to get it finished before the MGS4 launch day.

The Magic Is Coming!