Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Miscellaneous Games

Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:04 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Everyone Loves Katamari Damacy!

Excellent! There will be a sequel to the supremely cool NAMCO game "Katamari Damacy" (or, as I affectionately like to call, Katamashii). *cheers* Titled "Everyone Loves Katamari Damacy" (Minna Daisuki Katamari Damashii), there are new stages in the game. So far, 4 new levels have been announced:

- Cake Stage (or "Sweets Stage")
- Race Stage
- Classroom/School Stage
- Zoo Stage
- Pond Stage (where Ouji-sama can go underwater! )

Here is the link:
Katamashii

It's supposed to come out sometime in 2005...can't wait!

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Mar 3rd, 2005 at 03:28 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:35 AM   #2
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
*Insert Generic "i'm European!" Moan here*
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
*Insert Generic "i'm European!" Moan here*
I think it's supposed to come out Spring 2005 in Japan....so...I'm guessing Winter 2005 for US and maybe early Jan/Feb 2006 for Europe...I don't know though, so don't take my word for it. ^^;;;

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:03 AM   #4
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
I think it's supposed to come out Spring 2005 in Japan....so...I'm guessing Winter 2005 for US and maybe early Jan/Feb 2006 for Europe...I don't know though, so don't take my word for it. ^^;;;
The original has never - and will never - come out in Europe. That's the case rather than me having to sit on my hands out of frustration waiting for the Sequel to arrive. KD has been immensely popular amongst Critics (look how many end of year awards it picked up) and still as popular amongst gamers. But still, us Europeans are all cheese eating surrender monkeys, so why should we get a version of this game?
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
The original has never - and will never - come out in Europe. That's the case rather than me having to sit on my hands out of frustration waiting for the Sequel to arrive. KD has been immensely popular amongst Critics (look how many end of year awards it picked up) and still as popular amongst gamers. But still, us Europeans are all cheese eating surrender monkeys, so why should we get a version of this game?
No! Omg, I had no idea! Oh man, you've gotta...I dunno, either buy a US PS2 or something and play this game! I'm sure you'd enjoy this so much. They should really import this game to Europe, I don't know why they wouldn't.

You Can Help

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #6
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
They should really import this game to Europe, I don't know why they wouldn't.
It's probably something along the lines of a pathetic Namco presense in Europe. For example, the UK website is 99% dedicated to arcade games - the "Home Entertainment" section is a single html file with 2 pictures and two contact emails (presumably so you can ask "Why isn't X game out in this country/" to which you recieve a prefabed "We currently have no plans to release this game in your country").

Perhaps they're right to not take the risk though. Despite the cult success of Katamari Damacy in the states (I struggle to think of a big name webcomic that hasn't done at least one strip involving KD), European consumers always strike me as far less responsive than those in the USA, especially to Japanese culture (and lets face it, Katamari is hardly the product of Western minds). I like to hope i'm wrong sometimes, but the position of something like Anime (There's very little on TV, and certainly nothing really worth watching) over here is a good example of why i'm totally right to think that a game like Katamari Damacy might flop. Basically, us Europeans, collectively... we're all dicks.

Incidentally, I have the soundtrack on my IPod, and have the Intro movie on a DVD somewhere. I Know from that crazy music and that psychadelic opening sequence that I want this game. Naaaahhh Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nur Nah... Ka-ta-ma-ri Da-ma-shi!!!
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 04:04 AM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
It's probably something along the lines of a pathetic Namco presense in Europe. For example, the UK website is 99% dedicated to arcade games - the "Home Entertainment" section is a single html file with 2 pictures and two contact emails (presumably so you can ask "Why isn't X game out in this country/" to which you recieve a prefabed "We currently have no plans to release this game in your country").
Oh yeah...Namco is really famous for its arcade games, I forgot.

Quote:
European consumers always strike me as far less responsive than those in the USA, especially to Japanese culture.
Well, Westerners took a long time to finally accept things from Japan or anything Asian for that matter. Believe me...growing up as an Asian, I've seen it first-hand, so it does piss me off when a few of the Westerners who are "suddenly into all things Japan/Asian when they hated it so long ago" are going around showering Asia for its brilliant-ness. If the damn thing weren't "popular" and the "in-thing", those same people wouldn't even bat an eye.

Quote:
Basically, us Europeans, collectively... we're all dicks.
Ah, but it's not only Europe who seems to be less "culturally-acceptive." The same thing happens in Japan, believe it or not. The Japanese tends to dislike certain things Western, tends to have a very stereotypical view of Western/Westerners, tends to be very narrow-minded in a lot of areas, and tends to just dislike the "Western manner." And yet, ironically, you've got the Japanese nearly copying Western style (like, dying the hair blonde, brunette, red, etc.), using English words, buying things from USA and Europe...I mean, what's the deal here? So, it's not just Europe...it's all around.

Quote:
Incidentally, I have the soundtrack on my IPod, and have the Intro movie on a DVD somewhere. I Know from that crazy music and that psychadelic opening sequence that I want this game. Naaaahhh Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nur Nah... Ka-ta-ma-ri Da-ma-shi!!!
Oh yes, the opening sequence is just mind-blowingly crazy and awesome!! The ending is hilarious too...totally fantastic. And the soundtrack is to die for...my favorite songs are "Lonely Rolling Star" and "Sakura Iro No Kisetsu" (Cherry Tree Season)...*sings* "Katamari de kitara...dekake mashouuuu~"

You Can Help

Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:10 PM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Irritating enough about the delay in release, I just found out that the release date is set for July 7. That's not too far away, but still...

...anyways, I went to the official site and I found out some more great features.

- There's another playable character besides the Prince. It is Fujio, the one wearing blue with the triangle head (he now dons a mustache, very hilarious ).

- For the 2 player modes, which really needed fixing up, the sequel now has a co-op mode, where two players must cooperate rolling one katamari ball and reaching the fixed size goal. This seems like a lot of fun.

You Can Help