Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Aug 11th, 2003, 12:13 AM   #21
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see you got help. So, did you get all that way without using the sphere grid once? That sounds like a pretty amazing feat to me.

To the guys that say you can get Valefor's second overddrive at any point in the game, I had no idea.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #22
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
You are very welcome Chick
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Glad to see you got help. So, did you get all that way without using the sphere grid once? That sounds like a pretty amazing feat to me.
I doubt it, she probably forgot to use it in some point in the game until then. It reminds me that sometimes I used to let it stand until each character had about 20+ levels and then I would go ahead and use it.

Quote:
To the guys that say you can get Valefor's second overddrive at any point in the game, I had no idea.
And I believe I've already answered that, such overdrive is availabe only after some time you have been playing the game, otherwise it would have been pointless to give Valefor his first overdrive on the first place.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:32 PM   #23
Brit

Brit is on a distinguished road
yer gettin all the way to that point without using the gird would

be impressive
bloody impressive in fact
and possibly near impossible, but am gald u got it sorted, and that we were of help

enjoy the rest of the game, frozen seriously, that overdrive is avialable from when ur first in besaid, try it out if u dont believe us
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 11:56 AM   #24
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
FFX

Im glad I found out about the grid. What happened was I was tired of being stuck at the Shoopuff part and decided to start over. When your on the boat with Rikku she talks to you about using the sphere grid. Thats when I remembered and decided to try it out back where I was before. I had soo much spheres to use. Once I upgraded them in that same turn I beat the damn machina machine. I was soo happy. Now Im on the Al Bhed airship where you have to fight the big Bird. Hopefully Ill be able to beat him. If i get stuck Ill be sure to post here again. Thanks again guys for your help.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:00 AM   #25
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Re: FFX

Quote:
Originally posted by REChick14

If i get stuck Ill be sure to post here again. Thanks again guys for your help.
Cool, I woulda helped if I got here in time, maybe I'll be able to help with another problem you may have with the game. I just remembered something, the first time I played I didn't use it until I realized that it was alright to spend your sphere levels as you got them, which was after the boss that shoots blitzballs at you during the blitzball game.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 05:08 AM   #26
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
HELP

Hey its me again reporting that Im stuck.... AGAIN. Im still on the Al Bhed airsip when you have to fight the stupid bird. Everytime I get close to beating it, it does that haste thing and then another move that can take a lot of damage off my players.Then it can attack multiple time since it has haste and kill my people. Can someone help me and give me some clues on how to beat it? I'll be waiting... Thanks!
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 06:00 AM   #27
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

You mean the wyrm that's the guardian of Bevelle. Well, you should have 'Hastega' and cast that at the beginning of battle and recast whenever it runs out. You should also get your overdrives to max. If you just use 3 people then confine your party to just that, but if you're like me you wanted characters to get experience for every battle thus switching them out. If just 3 people then use whoever are your strongest three. Like I say for everyother boss make sure the characters that you are going to use has their overdrive at max. What I did was I saved them for later so I knew that when I finished off the third one he'd be dead, I also saved the strongest one for last to try and get an overkill. I'm not saying you have to do this, but I had all of Tidus' overdrives when I fought the guy and used Blitz Ace, that's also gonna be the most likely strongest move you have unless you got all of Auron's overdrives and can do his last one pretty fast.

If you're gonna be switching people out then I guess you could use the overdrives of the other people that won't be on the field when you defeat him. It really doesn't matter, but as for party...
Lulu, Yuna, and Rikku have their own strengths and weaknesses, meaning these three could all be helpful being one of your third people. Like if Lulu has flare then she can probably add a little extra damage to the monster, Yuna can be left to heal the party and/or you can use your strongest Aeon to deal the final blow, and Rikku is likely to be the only one that has the 'use' command meaning she'd probably be the most helpful cause you should have all them Al Bhed potions from 'Home' and the desert surrounding it and she'd also be someone extra to help with using the back up command. The reason for the Al Bhed Potion use is the monster can cause any of those status abnormalities that it cures.

FInally, backing up and waiting for the missiles on the ship to be used could help some but I believe you'd have to have some strategy, which I didn't really have any. So I ended up just using my raw strength, but I can tell you that if you're in need of some serious healing backing up should give you all the time you need. One more thing, backing up can also help you dodge his poison attack if timed right.

If you need anymore help than that just ask.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 05:24 PM   #28
Brit

the above is certinaly something to consider...

saying this evrae is not really that much of a tough enemy to take on, 32000 health is not a lot to be fair.
the basics that we told u about when fighting uderwater to get yuna back applies again here. cheer in particular if your using auron tidus and wakka, or focus if your using your mages. people forget that as the boses get more powerful, so to do your characters, and any boss that u take on is always at the end of the day outnumbered 3:1.

first point is to not worry about who gets the boss experience, at the end of the day evrae is only worth 5000AP, and thats not really gonna help out ur characters a great deal. choose two of the most powerful - tidus, yuna (make sure she has her overdrive and with bahamut this'll be easy as pie). if your yunas pants - use lulu, specially if she has the "aga" spells. rikku's good in this battle coz she can do the trigger commands to pull back when evrae takes in her breath to do the move that ur having troubles with. she can also use al bhed potions which are great if you cant pull back in time.

no point using the missiles really, their a bit pants, and u dont really need them

things to remember are to cast hastega on urself at beginning (or if u haven't got it (haste solely on tidus)

then cast slow on evrae - might take more than one attempt but it works trust me.

if you've had to use haste then u need to quickly cast it on your other members.

keep attacking, and healing when necessary

after evrae gets angry, he'll cast haste on himself, and u can't slow him down again. if you've mastered dispel tho, u can get rid of it easy. if not you still outnumber him 3:1. overdrivfes work well, magic not so much unless u have the high end spells

REMEMBER CHEER AND FOCUS.
thats it, if u still cant do it, get me the status of each of your characters and the abilities they have and i'll sort you out no probs..

good luck
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #29
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

That's all good, but from what I remember he uses haste if you use slow on him from the beginning. I don't mean to get into a fight, but of course I could be wrong. I mean, it's been over a year that I've fought Evrae last.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 04:36 PM   #30
Brit

no no

fair point mate

he'll use haste at some stage, but not right away

and thats a waste of a go for him when he does