Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 11:32 AM   #1
neomarik
Dark Angel Knight

neomarik is on a distinguished road
Where do you work and how do you like it?

Well, i guess ill start this off. i work at blockbuster video, and its cool because we get free rentals and dicount onall the merchandice, but sometimes the costomers just start yelling at you and you wonder why.

The time for redemption will come, and all shall be condemed forever into darkness.
neomarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 01:33 PM   #2
fantasytiger
Dark Queen

fantasytiger is on a distinguished road
^
^
^ I do all his work at blockbusters and I do not even work there j/k you know I luv u

anyways you would have to bring up this topic knoing I don't have a job

oh wait i am a aid at my school i guess that would count except i don't get paid
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:10 PM   #3
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I have two different jobs, one at Walmart, and another one in Pizza Hut. Walmart is alright, the pay isn't that bad and even though it's hard work it could be worse.

I am pretty much skilled in anything concerned to Pizza hut when it comes to run a store, even though all I do is prep the dough in Saturday's and Sunday's mornings for a couple of hundred bucks extra each month.

All I can say aout my jobs, that, even though they are nothing to be ashamed about, are definitely not my thing, and nothing I really feel proud about doing, being this anotehr reason I'm joining the Army.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
I work at FedEx right now. I'm thinking of doing it as a living as I try to start a music career. The pay is good but the work is tough.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:50 AM   #5
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
I work in logistics, I'm basically the sales manager of our logistics department.
Been doing this job for three years, what can I say it has it's ups and downs like every other job....but hey it pays the bills.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:33 PM   #6
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
I work in a fine dining restaurante. I was dishes prep food, and basically whatever else needs to be done. The pay could be better and the work def sucks at first but once you get used to it, it's not so bad.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM   #7
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I had a job over the summer, it was working at a snack bar at a pool. I might go back again this summer, considering the work and it was my first job the pay was great.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 09:36 PM   #8
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Currently I am employed at Footlocker. I have one year left on my bachelor of general studies and education degree to become teacher. So 8 months from now ill be finally away from crappy low paying jobs.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #9
Rev0lution
Rev0lution Starter

Rev0lution is on a distinguished road
I work at Home Depot i like my job but some of the politics that goes on at the job can sometimes be over whelming.
Rev0lution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 07:24 AM   #10
SplinterJD

SplinterJD is on a distinguished road
I don't work i'm a college bum.

But I should be working by half way through next year when i finish my IT course, hopefully as a web designer.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #11
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Presently, I work at a Nursing home. I do all kinds of things that include (but are not limited to) transporting the patients back and forth from their rooms to acitivities, helping to run these activities, serve them food, act as an extra pair of eyes to make sure all is well with everybody as I move through the halls from place to place and alert nurses to their needs when necessary, talk to them individually in order to try to cheer them up or provide company either outside of or in their rooms, room visits to specific patients, and helping to keep a generally happy atmospher for them Man, let me tell you. If it weren't for the fact that I find helping people to be rewarding at the end of the day and I believe it to be one of my callings in life, I would just plain be depressed going there. But because I enjoy people in general and I enjoy helping them and even enjoy the challenge, I enjoy my job greatly. I am lucky in that sense. My goal is to someday pursue a career in writing, but while I wait for that to happen this is exactly the type of thing that will keep me on track in life.

I have had some interesting thoughts on what it means to become old and what it would be like to be one of these people that I assist in taking care of mostly by helping to brighten their day...what it would mean to lose one's own dignity and/or memories and/or coherence and have all the loneliness any number of things that come with old age. I haven't made sense of it, yet, but I try every day to learn something new about it.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 06:56 PM   #12
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
I work in the military and it BLOWS!!! i get to follow orders for 20 hours out of the day, then i get 4 hours of free time in which they expect me to do my boots, my uniform, eat, and then have a nice fun-filled hour, oh boy....... im gonna go now before i depress myself anymore....

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 12:45 AM   #13
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
I work no where and I LOVES it!

I used to work at Laura Secord (chocolate/ice cream shop) but had to quit for college... that job was the best!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:19 PM   #14
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Well, I used to work on a tech support line but it annoyed me to death and after a while I just stopped going. Of course I eventually got fired. But hey, I squeezed at least 1 paycheck out by signing in and then leaving for a week.

Now I'm trying to get a job being a banquet waiter at the Fox Trot club on the air force base. I wouldnt normally take it but eh, tips, ya know?

But currently I'm unemployed, of course. I still get a nice flow of money but I just dont have a job. So I am a bum, with money.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 08:47 AM   #15
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Oh my god do i have a reply for this thread
I work at a company and i have attained the position of Vice President of the company at age 19... The company deals with web design, sales, installation, cpu repair, and pretty much anything to do with computers or gaming. This seems like a dream job.... But...
I have a boss that is so unproffesional and unorganized it makes it such a drain to work there... I have worked there close to 4 weeks now and i have yet to recieve a paycheck... Not only this but we are supposed to be sub-contractors through Time Warner communications... Recently an interested party inquired to time warner about my company... And they have never heard of him or the company. So now i am partner with this guy and he seems to be scamming people... I have signed up friends and family under this guys plans under false pretenses so as you can imagine i am less than happy.
Now i have a difficult decision ahead of me... I need this job because the pay i was promised is more than ample (20.00 p/h), and it is doing something that i have wanted to do my whole life... So now i have to decide to go back to another dead end job or stick it out w/ this ******* who has no idea how to run a business and may be doing illegal dealings...
Every day i wake up is a new day of shit with this guy, he constantly makes promises that he falls through on... the simplest of which is being awake when it is time for work... he tells me and my co-workers to be there by 8... yet this guy dont wake up till 9am...

Well i realise i am ranting now and it is utterly futile So to answer the question: I am partner in a computer company and i fucking hate it

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #16
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Currently im in university and student teaching at this moment.

I also work at footlocker and i love it!

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #17
Matrix
The Messiah

Matrix is on a distinguished road
wow i havent posted for what like 6 months now!!! All these new people, wait I think its been more like 8 months!!!

anyways this topic cathed my eye, I am currently employed at a local theater. Best job I have ever had. Easy work, Great employees, and benefits galore, like free movies and popcorn!!!!! I paid to go see the matrix revolutions though since it was no passes and I couldn't wait to see it!!!!!
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 03:01 PM   #18
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
I am still working at BestBuy, and well its pretty alright......I wouldn't say I dont like it........its just that its not the same anymore. But still good.

I am thinking of applying to Nintendo, just want to be a representative............thats all.